PDA

View Full Version : Anger Management

seventhson
13-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Hope this topic hasn't been done already, recently. Admin could/should close if this is a repeat. Rosie v. Donald or Metallica's St. Anger...
Just wondering how you deal with, express or respond when you get angry.
We are all humans who feel anger sometimes. There's nothing wrong with that. In some cases it's good for us, fight or flight response, etc.
What/who makes you angry?
How do you respond?
Do you bight your tongue or lash out?
What is most effective/productive for you?

Me: When it's a person who makes me angry, I clam-up, silently develope a response/plan of action, sleep/pray on it, cool down & bring it up another time when the heat of the moment has passed to try to gain peaceful resolution. I grew up with 6 big bro.'s, so I developed a survival method.
When I'm angry with myself or a "thing" sometimes I break stuff. That ain't good & it gets expensive. I've had to repair more than one hole in the wall from my angry fist...what a dumbass response.

What about you?

(-: Peace :-)

deviljet88
13-01-2007, 10:16 PM
1. Shout repeatedly at other person
2. If I've got my music player on me, stick headphones in and ignore everythingelse
3. If I'm near my piano, play as loudly as I can
4. Fragging online helps too but I'm too sucky at most games so end up getting more pissed ><

Mandy
13-01-2007, 10:19 PM
I moderate at KKW.

kingdumbass
14-01-2007, 12:13 AM
I hit things....

Liam
14-01-2007, 03:24 AM
Violence.

mongoose
14-01-2007, 11:11 AM
I shout at those who make ma angry, and begin a mental battle with them (which I always win):icon_lol:.
But sometimes I must just calm down , when it gets too nasty

AureaMediocritas
15-01-2007, 09:53 PM
I repeatedly use a politically incorrect word in my native language, sometimes
spicing it up with impudent adjectives. The hateful word is somewhat contained in mongoose´s signature.
Then I go on thinking about pleasant things in life, such as beer, and Germany,
and I am calm again.

seventhson
16-01-2007, 03:32 AM
Then I go on thinking about pleasant things in life, such as beer, and Germany,
and I am calm again.

MMM, BEER. calming tempers everywhere...Caution, do not drive or operate heavy machinery on beer, unless you pop half a hit of Acid first, then it's funny...hee-hee-hee-ha-ha-ha-hee-hee-hee-ha-ha-ha-hee-hee-hee-ha-ha-ha-hee-hee-hee-ha-ha-ha-hee-hee-hee-ha-ha-ha.
Ha!

AureaMediocritas
16-01-2007, 10:43 AM
You from Texas ?

michael22
16-01-2007, 09:05 PM
vulgar obscene rants, bladed or fistly violence, jogging, bagpipe, reading (except for scottish wars of independance books), The daily show or monty python Klahblahk and challenging people to duels with a dueling glove

seventhson
17-01-2007, 12:12 AM
You from Texas ?

Howdy!
Yes, Native BOI (Born On Island) of Galveston , raised inland Fort Bend County.

Texas born, Texas bred, cover my coffin with Texas soil when I'm a Texan dead.

Richard
17-01-2007, 02:56 AM
I didn't realize it before, but I almost never do anything. By that I mean I say nothing and just forget it ever happened. I'm a very calm person I guess.

Lacy
17-01-2007, 04:20 AM
I scream. I also tend to shake. It scares even me, honestly. I then proceed to throw things. I've broken quite a few things so I've learned to throw pillows. They aren't near as sattisfying because they don't make a noise. When all else fails I scream the f-word multiple times and chunk shoes at my far wall until my arm hurts or my mom gets involved. Then I cry. Then I go numb. I have a long process...

seventhson
17-01-2007, 03:30 PM
When all else fails I scream the f-word multiple times and chunk shoes at my far wall until my arm hurts or my mom gets involved. Then I cry. Then I go numb. I have a long process...

Sometimes it is good to talk with a friend who is not involved directly with the problem/person/event that gets us angry. They can shine a different light on the issue and help us deal with it. If you get along well with your mom, maybe you could confide in her before it gets to the point of flinging the f-word or shoes around and she may help you see that it aint so bad or give you ideas for a more effective process to help alleviate the anxiety. My mom was good about that.

Peace

Jacoby
17-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Howdy!
Yes, Native BOI (Born On Island) of Galveston , raised inland Fort Bend County.

Texas born, Texas bred, cover my coffin with Texas soil when I'm a Texan dead.

You know who else was from Texas?

...Hitler.

Nah, I'm kidding, he was from France or somethin lame like that. :icon_smil

mongoose
18-01-2007, 04:25 PM
You're wrong.
Hitler is from the USA because it's HIT + LER ( which means in an unknown language jude ) :) :kidding: