PDA

View Full Version : Help from you photo takers

Fancyman
09-12-2006, 09:01 PM
I know how this looks. ok, i haven't been here for a couple months then I march in here and ask for advice. However, not a day goes by that I don't think of you and the void in my heart you left behind grows each day...

ok.

my girlfriend got a pretty nice digital camera for her birthday. i believe it is 6 megapixles. i was looking to get her a photo printer for x-mas, but im poor. i was wondering what the minimum quality printer is appropriate so that her photos print to the potential of the camera. i wont bother getting one is wont produce photos equalt to the camera.

personally, i dont know anything about the subject. im the asshole who asks what buttom to press when you ask me to take your picture with your asshole of a boyfriend in front of some stupid landmark.

so yeah, help, please, thanks

runangl
11-12-2006, 06:38 AM
in my opinion, pretty much any printer is shit for printing good quality prints - unless you have some serious cash to get a printer that actually laser-writes an image onto light sensitive paper and then sends it through the complete chemical process. then again, i'm a photography major who uses medium/large format film and prints on 11x14in or bigger paper. not so fast, but much more fun!

so yah... maybe cliff can help you out =D

barrington
11-12-2006, 12:47 PM
Home photo printers: expensive, slow, extortionate running costs, questionable quality, expensive, pointless, expensive.

Don't waste your time; take your memory card to your local photo centre and get them to print them (About 1/10th the price and 10x better quality) or upload them to Flickr in their native resolution and use their home delivery service.

Fancyman
14-12-2006, 01:48 AM
Good to know, thank you. Anyone know anything about jewelry then? . . . :(

runangl
14-12-2006, 08:51 AM
ooOoo... we like sparkly =D

by "we" i mean girls, in general.

Mandy
14-12-2006, 09:04 AM
AWw I love getting jewelry...what kind of jewelry are you getting?