PDA

View Full Version : Computer question...

iximisspiggyixi
15-10-2006, 10:02 PM

Digital_Ice
15-10-2006, 10:11 PM
mac's are better... but are less user freindly, and less software runs on it.

my recomendation, get a pc... but for gods sake don't get a dell.

hasselbrad
15-10-2006, 11:36 PM
Macs are very user friendly, and becoming more able to use different software. Ice is just a bitter PC man. :p

runangl
15-10-2006, 11:44 PM
brad is right... especially now that you can run parallels for like 60 bucks on your mac, soif you want to you can boot in windows at the same time as OS10... all on your intel powered mac.

ryan
16-10-2006, 12:33 AM
most of the people that reccomend mac don't know shit about computers

i'd never get a mac...i'd never even use one if it was given to me.

and i have a dell laptop (inspiron 9300) and all workstations/servers at my office are dell. rarely have a problem.

hasselbrad
16-10-2006, 01:35 AM
most of the people that reccomend mac don't know shit about computers

i'd never get a mac...i'd never even use one if it was given to me.

and i have a dell laptop (inspiron 9300) and all workstations/servers at my office are dell. rarely have a problem.

Well, Mr. Smartypants, the photographers, graphic artists and videographers that I know all use Macs and don't have anything but praise for them.

Liam
16-10-2006, 03:09 AM
I wouldnt recommend a Mac unless you have prior experience with them, as the interface is a nightmare for someone used to using Windows. Of course if you buy an Intel-based Mac you can use bootcamp to install Windows on it.

I have an inspiron laptop as well, never had any serious issues. Unless you plan to get into serious graphic or video work, I'd get a PC.

ryan
16-10-2006, 03:10 AM
Well, Mr. Smartypants, the photographers, graphic artists and videographers that I know all use Macs and don't have anything but praise for them.

sure, they're users with specialized needs, not everyday users.

it's not like they dont have photoshop, bryce, avid, and premiere, etc for PCs, heh.

runangl
17-10-2006, 05:54 AM
and btw... if you do get the intel based mac... get parallels, don't use bootcamp. bootcamp is aite, but it doesn't actually use all of your computer resources. sure it'll be free, but if you're looking for processor speed with both mac and windows at once - go for parallels.

and seriously, if you ask anyone into graphics/sound/video editing... mac is the way to go. aperture is pretty much the sh*t when it comes to professional photography editing.

EmotionSickness
17-10-2006, 11:55 PM
And haha no, of course I don't have to pay for it myself.

I want someone to buy me a fuckin' computer.

runangl
18-10-2006, 04:28 AM
Check the benchmarks if u don't believe me. Boot Camp is faster than Parallels by far. :)

eh, whatever. i don't aim for extreme geek-dom when it comes to computers. i just typed out what my friend from IT said, but then again he's a pc person, so he might've just been bullsh*tting.

the point is... get a mac.

Arbery
18-10-2006, 05:50 PM
mac's are better... but are less user freindly, and less software runs on it.

my recomendation, get a pc... but for gods sake don't get a dell.

whats wrong with dell?