PDA

View Full Version : Is Gazing a sin?

seventhson
08-10-2006, 09:03 PM
So I was leaving church this morning & as I was making my way to get into my crappy old pickup truck, I caught sight of a lady walking behind me on the way to her car in the parking lot I presumed...She caught my eye & I took pause. I was struck by her beauty...dumbfounded, she is jaw dropping good-looking. That happens alot here in Texas. The Babes-per-sqaure-mile is more than we brag it is. I didn't stare. I tried to look away from her into my truck, but I think I was busted. I hope she didn't notice, but if she's half as observant as she is fine, how could she not have noticed my gaze. I didn't try to approach her, speak w/ her or anything that would be too forward of me & maybe inappropriate because I am still married to the girl of my dreams who left me >3years ago. So, does anyone think it's wrong/sinful of me that I can't get that lady from church out of my mind?
I'm sure she probably disregarded/forgot my gaze before she made it to her car & hasn't given it another thought. She's probably used to it must happen all the time. Why am I asking y'all for moral, ethical advice?

Mandy
08-10-2006, 09:39 PM
You're going to hell.

runangl
08-10-2006, 09:42 PM
well according to some pastor i heard once Jesus said that if you do an act of sin in your thoughts its just as bad as doing it in real life. i say "according to some pastor" because i don't actually know where that is in the Bible. maybe if i looked it up i'd find it, but there ya go. so uhm.... i'll let you decide what that means.

barrington
08-10-2006, 10:52 PM
What the bleedin' cock? Let me get this right... you're asking us whether looking at a really hot babe is a sin? Because, well.... no!

Reality check - girls LIKE being appreciated for their beauty. If you want my moral and ethical advice then it is this: get your mind out of the bible and into the real world.

Just an opinion.

Mandy
09-10-2006, 01:37 AM
My thoughts exactly. Life is too short to follow someone else's rules.

seventhson
09-10-2006, 03:53 AM
Thanks to y'all for all your feedback/replies. Reality is.

Peace

seventhson
09-10-2006, 08:42 PM
well according to some pastor i heard once Jesus said that if you do an act of sin in your thoughts its just as bad as doing it in real life. i say "according to some pastor" because i don't actually know where that is in the Bible. maybe if i looked it up i'd find it, but there ya go. so uhm.... i'll let you decide what that means.

I really didn't want to start a morality debate...I was just thinking outloud about something that was bugging me about myself.

Since you brought it up, runangl: The scripture I think you're referring to is Mathew: Chapter 5; verses 27-30 & I'm cool with that because I wasn't "lusting" after the lady I noticed, just gazing. It would be bad of me if I had made her feel uncomfortable. I don't think she even noticed/cared. Hope I don't get banned because of this. I've already been labelled a creep because I'm 42 years old, so getting ousted for being a Christian would be a rejection that I would just have to learn to accept.

Peace be with y'all

Mandy
09-10-2006, 09:33 PM
I dont think you'd be banned for being a Christian, unless Baz is satan himself.

barrington
10-10-2006, 07:27 AM
Liam's the satanic admin. I'm more like father christmas.

Mandy
10-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Ah. Is there much of a difference between that and Santa Claus? Cause I don't know if that's so attractive.

Digital_Ice
10-10-2006, 07:34 PM
an old man who gets children to sit on his knee in return for gifts... whats wrong with that? :p

acliff
10-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Comedy tip no 1 to Ice:
Replace knee, with lap

Ranman
10-10-2006, 08:04 PM
an old man who gets children to sit on his knee in return for gifts... whats wrong with that? :p

unless he is wanking with the kids on his knee.

hasselbrad
10-10-2006, 09:21 PM
unless he is wanking with the kids on his knee.

Exactly...I mean if the kid's in your lap, you can't... :icon_redf ...um, nevermind.

Arbery
10-10-2006, 09:45 PM
gazing is fine, girls should take gazing as a compliment :)

We can't help it if your too beautiful! haha

runangl
11-10-2006, 07:13 AM
if you really thought i was serious about the implications of going to hell... well then you don't really know me, do you? hahah

i'm pretty much one of the most sarcastic people i know. =/

anyways... whatever values you hold are fine by me, to each his own - or if it tickles your fancy more: whatever blows your skirt up, hun.