PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft

Leonie
27-09-2006, 07:30 AM
I know Mags is completely hooked, Digital_Ice no longer gets any sleep and that every single alternative character of Liam is a higher level than my main.

World of Warcraft has been dubbed a "destroyer of lives." Do you play? What kind of character, and how far along are you? Are you in a guild? How did you come up with a name for your character?

And, just cause I'm interested, Horde, Alliance or both, and why?

For the record, I play a Night Elf Hunter, I'm currently level 28 and can't wait for feign death at 30. I'm part of the Who Invited You guild. My character's name is Ailionora - for two reasons. It sounds faintly like my name, and it's Gaelic. I'm obsessed with both Gaelic languages from the Insular branch (so both Scottish and Irish Gaelic make me a happy girl). It's the Irish version of Eleanor and means "light," which I like for a hunter. I thought I'd make a pun out of the literal luminar meaning and also use it to refer to the quickness and lightness of a hunter on the hunt. There. I think too much about these things. Don't get me started on my pet's name. Alright then, you asked for it. Cathaoir is my lion pet. He's not just any lion, but The Rake (http://petopia.brashendeavors.net/). Multiple reasons for the name. One: it looks like "cat hair," which made me laugh. Two: it means warrior, apparently, which seemed fitting.

All my characters are part of the Alliance as the Horde characters are pretty damn ugly and too evil for me.

deviljet88
27-09-2006, 08:42 AM
Entirely off-topic: Wow, having a girlfriend that plays WoW? Damn lucky Liam.

If I were to play, I'd play a female human mage because that's the kind of pussy I am when it's MMORPGs.

duckula
27-09-2006, 09:08 AM
Nerrrrrrrrrrrddddss!

Liam
27-09-2006, 09:09 AM
Thats a lie. My druid is only 25 :P

I have a level 60 hunter named Amelline. Also a 45 priest named Paracelsus. And far too many alts to mention, but I'm having a lot of fun with my mage.

I'm currently farming Stratholme and Scholomance for gear upgrades and will be starting raid instances this Friday.

I seriously can't recommend this game enough if you like RPGs. Its not as totally life destroying as its made out to be - even if you only play an hour every now and then there is always new content to experience.

Mandy
27-09-2006, 09:11 AM
I'd play it if the characters could have sex with other characters. Do they do that?

Leonie
27-09-2006, 09:33 AM
Just one thing on your mind, is there? :icon_lol:

I've actually seen two players make it look like that, yeah.

Digital_Ice
27-09-2006, 10:21 AM
i have three characters, all aliance, all human, and all casters.

my main is my lv 44 lock - Alexandretta
i have a lv11 mage - digitalice (technically this was my first char, i just got bored of it)
and a lv 18 priest - Adeodatus (which is latin for "one with god" - and he's a priest, get it?)

and i'm bloody pissed off with blizzard because i cant play 90% of the time because of all the EU servers its always Aszune which is down.

I'm in the Drakan Templars Guild, you can see my character stats here;
http://www.drakantemplars.co.uk/roster/char.php?name=Alexandretta&server=Aszune
http://www.drakantemplars.co.uk/roster/char.php?name=Adeodatus&server=Aszune

Ardnax
27-09-2006, 03:23 PM
If someone would pay for it I would play :icon_razz As it is now I have the alternative for the broke people: Guild Wars.

Vertigo
28-09-2006, 12:58 AM
I play a 60 troll warrior called Kantor on the Trollbane server

My online profile is http://ctprofiles.net/380387

My guild is currently progressing through Naxxaramus which is the hardest dungeon in the game at the moment.

My guild website is http://www.death-in-excess.com/nuke/ if anyone is interested.

Digital_Ice
28-09-2006, 01:00 AM
woooooooooooh aszune is back up..... with a latency of 2138ms....

well, i suppose i cant complain, at least i have my server back

Scott
28-09-2006, 04:34 AM
I don't play anymore, but my best character is a level 42 Tauren Warrior named Nesquik.

My alt is a level 21 female human priest named SpunkyTrunks.

Foeni
28-09-2006, 07:55 AM
I'm gonna try it when I get my new computer.

mehrdad368
28-09-2006, 05:53 PM
You were surprised me that all of you still playing computer games.WOW is good but not more than real life.;)

hasselbrad
28-09-2006, 08:25 PM
You were surprised me that all of you still playing computer games.WOW is good but not more than real life.;)
I tried playing WOW in real life, and got arrested.
;)

apoggy
29-09-2006, 06:27 PM
I am still hooked on Guild Wars.

Currently concentrating on Guild vs. Guild competative play where my guild are currently ranked 41 in the world, with smurf guild at 94th.

PvE wise I have a fissure set on my main character, a monk, and around 400k in cash, gg farming.

Waht areas of Guild Wars do you play Ardnax?

Digital_Ice
29-09-2006, 07:28 PM
is guild wars free to play?

apoggy
29-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Yes it is, unless you say time is money :P

2185 hours on my account omfg!

Digital_Ice
30-09-2006, 12:58 AM
hmmm, methinks i might try it out.

apoggy
30-09-2006, 09:53 AM
If you do look me up.

Mistress Kalvorn is my main char. Press N to open your friends list :P

Leonie
30-09-2006, 12:06 PM
So *that* is why we haven't seen Poggs around!

You wuv Guild Wars more than KKW! *tear*

Digital_Ice
30-09-2006, 05:41 PM
should be here tomorrow.... (bloody well better be. £5.95 for postage?!?!?!?!?!)

*Mistress* Kalvorn... not even going to ask

apoggy
30-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Female monk ftw!

Digital_Ice
30-09-2006, 08:19 PM
one think i like is that the character skins on GW looks better, and you have more control over them than you do in WoW.... correct?

apoggy
30-09-2006, 08:37 PM
Correct, as far as I am aware.

Less cartoonified than WoW, though I can't directly compare gameplay as I have not tried WoW.

But i don't care, GW is good enough for me, even if it is he classed as the poor man's WoW by most WoW players ;)

Bait
02-10-2006, 11:17 PM
don't play... a couple of my friends would play and ditch school so they could get up early and play or some gay shit like that. the same friends brother missed like 20 days of school because he was staying home to play.

i played everquest for like 2 months and got bored so i sold my account for $350 :)

my friend got an account for everquest for free (one of the best mages on the server too) and power levled me up and shit he sold his account for $850

i don't play computer games anymore... no time and they bore me

Ardnax
03-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Waht areas of Guild Wars do you play Ardnax?

I have prophecies and factions. Right now I'm trying to get through factions but it's so darn boring. I don't play PvP because I just get killed all the time :icon_conf

Digital_Ice
03-10-2006, 08:34 PM
i hate guild wars already.... and ive only been playing 10 minutes... i blame poggs. im curretly waiting for a huge download... just to change levels. i miss wow already :p

Ardnax
04-10-2006, 06:40 AM
i hate guild wars already.... and ive only been playing 10 minutes... i blame poggs. im curretly waiting for a huge download... just to change levels. i miss wow already :p

I gets better after that one huge download, I promise.

Hey Digi, can you pay for WoW for me? :icon_razz

Digital_Ice
04-10-2006, 09:11 AM
see, now wow, like all other games, put all the files you need, on the cd rom. so what on earth was the point in buying the game on disks? the whole reason i did that over downloading it... was to avoid consuming all my bandwidth.

pah.

edit:
on a daily browse of the wow forums, i found a "My Warlock is so overpowered..." thread, i thought i'd share some.

- My Warlock is so overpowered, that when someone cries me a river, I'll build a bridge and walk right over it.
- My Warlock is so overpowered, that my Dreadsteed had to summon me.
- My warlock is so overpowered that when i cast immolate, wintersping melts.
- My warlock is so overpowered that aszune went offline.
- My Warlock is so overpowered, my imp doesn't talk back to me.
- My warlock is so overpowered that he can even defeat Chuck Norris in duels!!!
- My warlock is so overpowered when I cast Howl of terror the whole server goes into mass depression.
- My Warlock is so Overpowered that I can rename my pets.
- My warlock is so overpowered that when I lose a duel, Blizz close the server to investigate.
- My warlock is so overpowered. when i use deathcoil i not only get a part of my advesary's health, i get a part of his gold, his wife, his kids and his dog.
- My warlock is so overpowered that it takes only one of her to screw in a lightbulb.
- My Warlock is so overpowered, that Chuck Norris sent me a written letter of apology.
- My Warlock is so overpowered, that I counted to affinity... twice!
- My Warlock is so overpowered, that when the Boogeyman goes to sleep every - night, he checks his closet for me!
- My Warlock is so overpowered, that he can judge a book by its cover.
- My Warlock is so overpowered, that he doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

Ardnax
11-10-2006, 06:13 AM
I've ordered WoW and it should arrive today hopefully... I'm doomed to a life infront of the computer all hours of the day. But hey, that's already my life so no loss really :kidding:

Liam
11-10-2006, 06:24 AM
Nerf locks.

acliff
11-10-2006, 09:09 AM
see, now wow, like all other games, put all the files you need, on the cd rom. so what on earth was the point in buying the game on disks? the whole reason i did that over downloading it... was to avoid consuming all my bandwidth.

pah.

edit:
on a daily browse of the wow forums, i found a "My Warlock is so overpowered..." thread, i thought i'd share some.

- My Warlock is so overpowered, that when someone cries me a river, I'll build a bridge and walk right over it.
- My Warlock is so overpowered, that my Dreadsteed had to summon me.
- My warlock is so overpowered that when i cast immolate, wintersping melts.
- My warlock is so overpowered that aszune went offline.
- My Warlock is so overpowered, my imp doesn't talk back to me.
- My warlock is so overpowered that he can even defeat Chuck Norris in duels!!!
- My warlock is so overpowered when I cast Howl of terror the whole server goes into mass depression.
- My Warlock is so Overpowered that I can rename my pets.
- My warlock is so overpowered that when I lose a duel, Blizz close the server to investigate.
- My warlock is so overpowered. when i use deathcoil i not only get a part of my advesary's health, i get a part of his gold, his wife, his kids and his dog.
- My warlock is so overpowered that it takes only one of her to screw in a lightbulb.
- My Warlock is so overpowered, that Chuck Norris sent me a written letter of apology.
- My Warlock is so overpowered, that I counted to affinity... twice!
- My Warlock is so overpowered, that when the Boogeyman goes to sleep every - night, he checks his closet for me!
- My Warlock is so overpowered, that he can judge a book by its cover.
- My Warlock is so overpowered, that he doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

NEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRDDDDDD

Digital_Ice
11-10-2006, 10:14 AM
:D indeed... but not enough of a nerd to know what this "nerf" phrase is all about, i heard it in UO, D2, WoW, GW... what the hell does it mean?

johnnyboy
11-10-2006, 08:33 PM
Speaking of Warcraft, has anyone here seen the South Park episode where Warcraft is featured, along with the Sword of 1000 Truths, and "MOM, Bathroom!!"

Classic...

aspro
08-11-2006, 10:50 PM
I am currently on a break from WoW (damn studying for exams :P) but now they are finished I am thinking of coming back and starting fresh, though I may wait for the expansion. I play a human warrior on Azjol-Nerub and an orc hunter on Aman'Thul.

baldinio13
10-11-2006, 11:53 PM
ive tried this game! its not that good! have tried many better.. Why dont u talk about something interesting? like keira:P

Liam
11-11-2006, 05:30 AM
...because the thread title is "World of Warcraft"?

ryan
12-11-2006, 02:29 AM
yawn @ WoW

Ardnax
12-11-2006, 08:16 AM
I've played WoW for a while now and I must say that I think it's quite boring. I like GW much more.

deviljet88
12-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Any MMORPG is a bore if the community you meet there are crap.

sanxii
05-12-2006, 08:56 PM
I play a 60 rogue on Jubei-Thos. Oceanic.
And ye its prettey damn addictive since thats my 3rd 60 character o.0

Many people say WoW is extremely boring , but thats because theyve only explored the tip of the iceberg. Its actually not that bad once you start raiding, skills wise. The chances are u'll find it very challanging.

Strangely if ure wondering why start a WoW thread on KKW forums and not WoW forums its because all the WoW forums seem to hav the same thing.
They usually start with @playername and ironically enough it follows on to say omg You fail at wow. oh and alot of "overpowered" threads too.

Its strange that people refer to the word overpowered when the game never meant to be balanced in pvp. In my opinion less QQ and more Pew Pew.

Why play WoW? becuase u can sell ure account for $1000 to some random when ure done.:icon_eplu

p.s- Locks arnt overpowered. theyve jus got the i-win button.

Digital_Ice
06-12-2006, 10:55 PM
omgwtf!?!? i hate this patch... every addon i have is incompatible.

Liam
07-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Yeah, I fixed mine. Took about 6 hours and is totally different to my old one, but I'm glad I had to change it. The new one is more functional and takes up less space and memory.

Hunter shot rotations got gimped in the patch but I ended up with 600 extra HP and about 15 more ranged DPS. Go figure.

My interface here: Click. (http://achtungspitfire.com/wow/newui.jpg)

Digital_Ice
07-12-2006, 11:04 PM
I'm annoyed. CTmod, CosmosUI and Character Profiler. Thats all of my addons that have a v2.0 compatible build. Still stuck with the naffy generic hotbars, bags etc. What are you using to change yours liam?

edit: oooh, and whats your minimap mod?

Liam
07-12-2006, 11:25 PM
Using AG_UnitFrames, Clearfont, scrolling combat text, elkbuffbar, mobinfo2 and bongos action bars. Waiting for discord to be fixed for 2.0.

For the minimap you will need DetachedMinibuttons and simpleminimap.

If you have started raiding try a mod called Grid, makes your raid window much easier to control and use. I dont currently have CTMod installed but I'll throw it on for Sunday's MC raid.

What do you think of the patch changes for warlocks? We had a T3 lock in EPL the other night who repeatedly wiped the floor with 3-4 MC-geared horde on his own. I might use my free respec on my warlock to spec demonology but I'll miss my affliction buffs :(

The changes for priests are great, 15% less mana usage on shadow spells (great for levelling). And since I am still levelling mine, I'm happy :P

Digital_Ice
07-12-2006, 11:26 PM
scrolling combat text... the only version i can find is incompatible...

links?! :D

Liam
07-12-2006, 11:30 PM
I'll send you my whole UI on msn if you want.

I got the new version from curse gaming, they have a list of updated and compatible mods.

Digital_Ice
08-12-2006, 12:20 AM
ah, curse gaming was down when i tried. sure, send away.

sanxii
08-12-2006, 01:04 AM
I think CG is back up. But i havent tried i dloaded my mods from guild site ><

fyi i dont think a new decursive is up yet/ neither is a SCT.
also CTmod v2 is having sum issues with unit frames / party buffs.
Class channels is also no available as of yet

ps. WTB 2v2 Arena

hope to see u withing inter-realm bgs

(Battlegroup 6 jubei thos)

Liam
08-12-2006, 01:22 AM
Decursive is permanently broken - Blizzard made sure of that. The new version of decursive only highlights a raid member who needs decursing, it wont perform the decurse for you. I never used it on my priest or pally so I'm not fussed.

SCT works, I ran scholomance this morning and it worked fine.

sanxii
08-12-2006, 01:30 AM
if it is blizzard SCT.. thats not what i ment..cuz blizzard SCT fails lol. was talking abt the stand alone.

i thought they were jus taking off decursive on the xpac. not patch 2. =\

anyways 2 realli gud buffs ..and realli needed buffs to items hav been made

Prestors Talisman of Conveiry.
+25 Agility
+10 hit rating (1%)
+22 AP

Woot rogue weps pew pew

and

Brood of Nozdormu
+17 agi
+11 stam
+22 Ap
+10 hit rating (1%)

ive only got the revered one..im sure the xalted is way better too.

i like this patch already. o.0

mongoose
04-01-2007, 08:17 AM
Do you all know when WoW is best ? When your a gm.
It's much more fun, but all the time you get asked by others "what do I have to do here ? what is there ? "
Can't wait for BC. :icon_smil

Foeni
15-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Right, I'm bringing this thread back to life, because I'm spending more of my spare time playing WoW than I care to know. I've got a 46 Dwarf Hunter on Xavius and playing in iGuild.

How many of you still play?

Digital_Ice
15-04-2007, 04:19 PM
i've not played in a while.... found more important things to go after. :p

Leonie
15-04-2007, 04:32 PM
My interweb at uni won't let me play. And I'm not sure European gamecards are compatible with an Aussie account using a US server ...yeah.

Foeni
15-04-2007, 04:36 PM
i've not played in a while.... found more important things to go after. :p
Like... getting drunk?

:p

Digital_Ice
15-04-2007, 04:41 PM
i dont "go after" getting drunk, lol.

Foeni
15-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Great minds think alike, eh?

Norseman
15-04-2007, 10:44 PM
I have a lvl 70 Human warrior on EU Emeriss. In a great guild which is a part of a raiding alliance. Also have some lvl 30 alts around.
Played since febuary 05 :D

Liam
16-04-2007, 07:02 AM
Still playing, nowhere near as much.

Got my hunter to 70 two weeks after BC and have my (main) alt now at 60. Just cant be fucked levelling anymore.

Foeni
16-04-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm looking forward to the next patch. At least the thing I've heard: Mend Pet becomes instant instead of channeled :)

Hazzle
16-04-2007, 07:19 PM
This is what happens if you play WOW too much.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/2788/9a92fe2d5bbecc965899120no5.th.jpg (http://img64.imageshack.us/my.php?image=9a92fe2d5bbecc965899120no5.jpg)

Digital_Ice
22-05-2007, 02:44 PM
oh god... blizzard are taking over the world
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/visa/

Leonie
22-05-2007, 04:48 PM
I am still playing. I finally made it to 60 a little while ago, and I'm now so sick and tired of Hellfire that I can't be bothered to level any further. You get that, when you go out there at 56 (not a typo) and grind your way to 58, and then start questing.

There is one thing I like about Hellfire though: watching people get squashed by the Fel Reaver is always amusing. Especially when a 64 druid actually gives healing himself a go. Hreh. Unsuccessfully, of course.

Digital_Ice
22-05-2007, 04:53 PM
i've been 67 for months now... not played in about 3