PDA

View Full Version : A scholar's ink lasts longer than a martyr's blog

acliff
20-09-2006, 10:42 AM
...a perverted irish proverb for you.

How about:

Blogs alone moves the wheels of history. - Benito Mussolini

The future can be anything we want it to be, providing we have the faith and that we realize that peace, no less than war, required "blogs and sweat and tears.". - Charles F. Kettering

Focus:
What do you think of blogs and blog culture in general? Do you have one? Is it any good?

Also, if hypothetically if Duckula and I were to create a blog, what do you think it should be about? What content would you like to see, and what would keep you reading?

Leonie
20-09-2006, 10:53 AM
I have a blog (see signature). It's fantastic :icon_bigg I mainly talk about all the odd stuff that happens over here, and use it as a way to keep people I don't talk to every day up to date about what I'm getting up to (think uni friends).

I like blogs, but only if they are used for good, not evil. i.e. slating your "friends" rather than confronting them for real? Evil.

Your blog should be about... random studies you find, and your take on the conclusions. I'd love to know what Mad Duck and Jet Lee think of new findings, random statistics and the like. I'm sure that could be turned into something mildly entertaining.

acliff
20-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Your blog should be about... random studies you find, and your take on the conclusions. I'd love to know what Mad Duck and Jet Lee think of new findings, random statistics and the like. I'm sure that could be turned into something mildly entertaining.

But that would mean I'd have to read and stuff.

Leonie
20-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Nah, just listen to the news. "One in three women bladiebladiebla." Subject!

Hey, you're asking me to read your stuff... might as well put in some effort yourself :)

acliff
20-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Nah, just listen to the news. "One in three women bladiebladiebla." Subject!

I'm not familiar with bladiebladiebla.
Is it private women stuff?

Leonie
20-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Totally. Bladiebladiebla ranges from PMS to gynaecologist visits, from shaving your armpits to the ultimate flirt tips, from how to hide your granny knickers from boyfriends to finding the right bra model for you, from tampon tests to foundation application tools. You'd be horrified.

Maybe I should write your blog.

acliff
20-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Totally. Bladiebladiebla ranges from PMS to gynaecologist visits, from shaving your armpits to the ultimate flirt tips, from how to hide your granny knickers from boyfriends to finding the right bra model for you, from tampon tests to foundation application tools. You'd be horrified.

Maybe I should write your blog.

What makes you think I'm not qualified to write about the things above?
*pouts*

Leonie
20-09-2006, 12:12 PM
I told you it wasn't a bad subject! :icon_lol:

Please proceed, sir.

Ranman
20-09-2006, 12:21 PM
I'd be interested in hearing Cliff's and Sir Duckula's comments on that subject

Leonie
20-09-2006, 12:29 PM
I have a scary feeling their first blog post will be titled "Why Leonie's Suggestions Suck."

acliff
20-09-2006, 12:38 PM
The best bra model for me is Josie Maran.

Don't eat spicy food before going to your OBGYN

Hide your ugly underwear by bouncing around topless

...what do you think?

Ranman
20-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Works for me, can hardly wait for the next chapter

acliff
20-09-2006, 11:00 PM
OK Suggestions and Requests people!

Renegade
21-09-2006, 05:23 AM
I used to have a blog where I'd spill my emotions. Then after a year, I reread all that I wrote and realized how fucking embarrassing and pathetic I was.

I'd like to read an emo blog.

acliff
21-09-2006, 06:50 AM
I don't believe that myself and duckula could write an emo blog. If we did, we would not be able to live with ourselves and jump in front of a train in shame. You would read about our emotional decline in the blog.

duckula
21-09-2006, 07:28 AM
I could write an emo blog, I have plenty of emotions. Like hatred, anger, apathy and biscuits.

Mandy
21-09-2006, 07:34 AM
I feel biscuity some days.

You should write a blog about the history of women. It'd make me laugh at your point of view.

acliff
21-09-2006, 07:35 AM
I might write something about how women always give bad suggestions. That would be a hoot.

Mandy
21-09-2006, 07:42 AM
And I'll write one about how men can't ever think of anything on their own.

acliff
21-09-2006, 08:19 AM
And I'll write one about how men can't ever think of anything on their own.

Would you like me to write a list showing everyone how you are so totally totally wrong?

It involves things like fire, the wheel, telephones, electricity, the light bulb, the internet, google, the mobile phone, flight, central heating, air conditioning, and the nice swivel chair that I'm sitting on right now. Must I go on?

Leonie
21-09-2006, 08:43 AM
Looking forward to your factual evidence, sir. Would make for an interesting read. It would also make Germaine Greer cry. Hurray.

barrington
21-09-2006, 08:50 AM
Yes, but unlike women, men can't make something out of nothing.

acliff
21-09-2006, 09:10 AM
Yes, but unlike women, men can't make something out of nothing.

Except burps and farts.

Back to the point, theres thoughts of something similar to 'ask duckula' where one can post a message or email which shall be responded to and posted on the blog.

acliff
22-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Hey Ducks, the blog is created, get a wordpress account (I think you already have one?)

acliff
25-09-2006, 10:57 AM
And it is live.

http://justonemorething.acliff.net

Add it to your favourites, read it every day.
It will make you laugh, cry and shudder with excitement.

Suggestions, suggested links would be most helpful.
Comments on the website please.

Mandy
25-09-2006, 12:44 PM
I knew I should've tagged the banner....

*smacks herself*

acliff
25-09-2006, 01:27 PM
I knew I should've tagged the banner....

*smacks herself*

I don't know what you're talking about... :icon_err:
Needless to say, you should read it too, incase I start bad mouthing you in public

Mandy
25-09-2006, 03:33 PM
Well, normally when I make banners for people, they credit me. That's what I mean.

dave
27-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Well, normally when I make banners for people, they credit me. That's what I mean.

Thanks to Peter Faulk for having such a distinctive face, and for supplying countless hours of entertainment. Even more thanks to Mandy for the graphic, saving me countless hours dusting off photoshop.

Of course he used the English spelling of Peter Falk's name, you know, with an extra "u"... :kidding: Peter Falk's imdb entry (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000393/)

Sorry this didn't post last night, but the Internet "just went 'away'."