PDA

View Full Version : Keira Knightley makes my head spin, and yours too!

Martijn Slegers
11-09-2006, 01:16 PM
The title may be vague, but it is absolutely true in both the figurative AND the literal way! :) I'll show you: below you will see a picture that I have made, but it's not a picture of Keira herself, this time! I decided to try and draw Keira's name in such a way, that it can be read normally, but also when you turn it upside-down! They are called "ambigrams", have you ever heard about them? Follow this link to see it (you can trust the somewhat odd link, I promise):

http://whieee.nl/~martijn/MartijnSlegersAmbigramateur/Gallery%201_files/DSCN5278.jpg

The name might be difficult to read, but it'll be easier when you know what it says (Keira Knightley, duh! :)). So when you stand on your head or turn your pc-screen, the picture will stay exactle the same! (well, not 100%, since it has been drawn by hand).

I hope you like it and that Keira herself will see it someday, too... :S

If you are at all interested, I have my own site which has many more of the so-called "ambigrams" on it! And yes, you can mail me if you'd like me to make one for you!

Martijn Slegers
Ambigramateur

www.whieee.nl/~martijn (http://www.whieee.nl/%7Emartijn)

deviljet88
11-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Oh that's 1337, only weirdness is the ending Y/K's but still awesome.

*checks out the site*

Martijn Slegers
11-09-2006, 01:38 PM
Thanks a lot for the comment! I could use some people to criticise my site too ;) Can you help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Martijn

ps: if you have watched it, please take the time to pots just a little comment! I could use any bit of advice! :)

Mandy
11-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Hmmm that photo is achingly too large for the forum. I'm removing the image until/unless you resize the photo.

And nice job!

Leonie
12-09-2006, 12:49 AM
Post the link instead of the picture, Martijn, and we'll be allll right. You have your own website, so I'm guessing you have somewhere to upload it too :)

And do it fast, cause I want to seee :icon_bigg

Martijn Slegers
12-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Unfortunately I cannot change this image until next sunday, because I am not at my parents' house at the moment (I study in another city, Leiden, and have a room there). Maybe you could open up the image in the thread again, so I can copy the image and resize it? Otherwise people will come here when there is nothing to see :(

(the problem is, is that I haven't added it to my site yet :) )

Could you open the image for tomorrow only? Or is the proces of blocking irreversible? I hope you can help me! If not, then I'll try and edit the thread next sunday!

Martijn

ps: my site can still be accessed, so if you want to see my other ambigrams, you are free to do so! Please give me some feedback if you like! :)

pps: thanks for being interested ;)!

BlackHawk927
19-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Thats awsome! I didn't read your post first and just looked at the site, I was wondering why it was so special, haha. Thats a pretty cool hobby, good job.

Martijn Slegers
20-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Post the link instead of the picture, Martijn, and we'll be allll right. You have your own website, so I'm guessing you have somewhere to upload it too :)

And do it fast, cause I want to seee :icon_bigg

Here is the link to my Keira Knightley-Ambigram! (Don't forget to turn it upside down!)

http://whieee.nl/~martijn/MartijnSlegersAmbigramateur/Gallery%201_files/DSCN5278.jpg

The site on which it can be found, along with all my others is:
www.whieee.nl/~martijn (http://www.whieee.nl/~martijn)

I hope you like them!

Martijn Slegers
09-10-2006, 12:24 PM
I could really need more comments, guys :) Please help me out here! ;)

Renegade
09-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Dude that's awesome. I like it.

You should add some color to it or something.

Martijn Slegers
08-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Yeah, thatīs indeed what I am planning to do :) I have made quite some progress since the first ambigram I made, I think... So inserting more colour would be a nice refreshment! :) After that I might be able to scan them and edit them on the pc, but that's music of the future :P

baldinio13
10-11-2006, 11:47 PM
yup its pretty cool:) good job mate

Martijn Slegers
16-11-2006, 11:01 AM
Thanks!

I will be posting new ones on my site from time to time, so if you're at all interested (or just bored stiff), then you could check itout every once in a while!

:)

Das
19-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Whoa, that's so weird, and, awesome. :icon_jaw:

helen d melon
19-05-2007, 04:26 PM
hehe how freaky! thats really cool man! :icon_lol: great job!