PDA

View Full Version : Oh god save me from my Facebook addiction

acliff
06-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Is anyone here on facebook?
Is anyone nearly as addicted to it as I am?
I pretty much spend all my working hours on it, which makes me a terrible employee, and slightly stalkerish.

Focus: MySpace, Facebook, wayn and related networking signs. Do you use them?

Focus 2: Can I be your friend?

runangl
06-09-2006, 03:34 PM
myspace, facebook, xanga, livejournal, blogger... i've been victim to all of them. but my friend and i have made an agreement to not go on until christmas so as not to distract ourselves from school. we even changed each other's passwords so it can't be a temptation haha

but i'm still addicted to xanga, its the only thing i really allow myself. and that gets old a lot faster than myspace or facebook because there really isn't much more to do after you've read all the blog updates.

and for the 2nd question... you are my friend already cliff. hahaha

acliff
06-09-2006, 03:40 PM
But I need real electronic proof.

I suppose your previous statement will have to suffice

EmotionSickness
06-09-2006, 03:51 PM
What do you think of the facebook, err..facelift? I find it most frightening. Stalkerish, even.

runangl
06-09-2006, 04:18 PM
What do you think of the facebook, err..facelift? I find it most frightening. Stalkerish, even.
well cliff already admitted to his problem. and we all know that's the first step to recovery =D

acliff
06-09-2006, 04:30 PM

Oh the feeds?
I'm not a fan. But I do seem to be checking it frighteningly often now that they're up. I think the Facebook masters have created a monster... there will be so many page views its not even funny. The advertising revenue in just the last day must have been monstrous.

Oh and ES, add me on facebook. Cliff at Soton. You'll recognise me.

Mandy
06-09-2006, 04:37 PM
I admit, I've become much of a myspace whore. I'm just now getting into livejournal as well. Cliff, you're already my friend. And cara, you are too.

Jacoby
06-09-2006, 04:42 PM
My friend started a Facebook group about how the new Facebook sucks, with its freaky stalkerness. It got 106 members in under two hours. You should all add me, and then join that group. It's cleverly titled: "New Facebook Sucks!".

ryan
06-09-2006, 05:04 PM
they have facebook in the UK?

wtf!

Jacoby
06-09-2006, 06:06 PM
Yeah I can't find you through a search, Cliffeh, maybe post a link or PM one.

ryan
06-09-2006, 06:08 PM
Cliff Lee

it's easy...i found him in 3 seconds.

duckula
06-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Focus: MySpace, Facebook, wayn and related networking signs. Do you use them?

Focus 2: Can I be your friend?

No.

No.

ryan
06-09-2006, 06:35 PM
frank loves teh facebook

runangl
06-09-2006, 06:37 PM
WTF. my best friend and her boyfriend broke up not that long ago, and it wasn't really something they wanted to broadcast... most people don't want their lives known throughout the world. anyways, the point is: my other friend who's going to school across the country at NYU messages me and is like "___ and ___ broke up?! but they were together like 2 weeks ago when i was home for break! that was fast!" and i'm like... yah, they did, how'd you find out?

... facebook.

that thing is the devil. it's allowing people to gossip 24/7 without the guilt of being found out. you could totally ruin someone's life with this thing.

ryan
06-09-2006, 06:44 PM
WTF. my best friend and her boyfriend broke up not that long ago, and it wasn't really something they wanted to broadcast... most people don't want their lives known throughout the world. anyways, the point is: my other friend who's going to school across the country at NYU messages me and is like "___ and ___ broke up?! but they were together like 2 weeks ago when i was home for break! that was fast!" and i'm like... yah, they did, how'd you find out?

... facebook.

that thing is the devil. it's allowing people to gossip 24/7 without the guilt of being found out. you could totally ruin someone's life with this thing.

only if you let it ruin your life.

calereneau
06-09-2006, 08:56 PM
http://www.facebook.com/p/Cale_Reneau/182700677

Yeah, Jake, the new Facebook is incredibly creepy. I don't need to know when High School friends from 5 years ago go on a date with some random person from Milwaukee. Ugh. I wonder what they're reading about me....oh that's right! I'm single and working....how exciting!!!

calereneau
08-09-2006, 05:24 PM
The News Feed now has options! Sweet!! Jake, tell your friend I love him.

Jacoby
08-09-2006, 06:10 PM
The News Feed now has options! Sweet!! Jake, tell your friend I love him.

Yeah, it's pretty sweet that he took our word (even though there were a lot of groups like us) but I decided that I am still going to bitch about stuff.

Jacoby
04-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Sorry for the bump and the double post (I should be banned for this!) but I had a facebook question and didn't want to make a new group.

Anyone else getting the "we're upgrading" error on the login page for facebook? My friend told me that it's been running like regular for her. I've been getting it for the past five days. And now I don't know what my "friends" have been doing.

Digital_Ice
04-07-2007, 06:13 PM
it's been working fine for me. clear your cookies.

Porcelain_Doll
04-07-2007, 06:30 PM
clear your cookies.

That sounds dirty.