PDA

View Full Version : POTC 3 Title Confirmed.

Digital_Ice
31-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End

...well that was predictible, we guessed that a while back.

why the lack of apostrophe, i'm not sure.

yes well, erm, discuss... lest i get murdered for a rather boring post.

jeff--
01-09-2006, 01:33 AM
Yeah, shouldn't it be at World's End? whatever, I still like the name.

Digital_Ice
01-09-2006, 03:53 AM
Terry Rossio (screenwriter of potc3) said this;

I suspect that it will probably be there by the time the artwork is done.
he also said this regarding the "at worlds end" or "worlds end" discussions;

When you seen the alternatives side by side in text, WORLDS END is cleaner-looking on a poster and in print. And for some, it invoked the theme of 'end of an era' better; whereas the AT WORLDS END pushed the double-meaning more towards a specific location.

Also it was pointed out that in media ads, the spoken AT WORLDS END might be problematic ... imgaine ... "In other news at world's end, the new installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise ..." ... the 'at' created a possible continuation of line problem.

In the end, though, the counter-arguments prevailed:

1. In fact the world doesn't come to an end, so why promise it?
2. worlds end is essentially dark and downbeat ... what if there is a tragedy in the news that week or month ... who wants to go to a film that invokes it?
3. AWE is better than WE
4. fans have already embraced AWE
5. At Worlds End seems more nautical, less science fiction

prashant
02-09-2006, 06:26 AM
POTC:3 at world's end, sounds intresting.I hope it will have more adventure, more danger & more keira. Thats really great. Lets kick off.

KeiraZone
03-09-2006, 01:32 PM
How is the world gonna end? (And if it ends then why are we here posting posts :D)

Digital_Ice
03-09-2006, 03:21 PM
erm, just a thought, but the whole point of a title is to draw your attention to it, so you watch the film... if i told you the plot, there wouldmt be a need to go see it now would there. (that and the fact that no-one knows the plot yet)

stop asking silly questions :p

KeiraZone
05-09-2006, 12:22 PM
erm, just a thought, but the whole point of a title is to draw your attention to it, so you watch the film... if i told you the plot, there wouldmt be a need to go see it now would there. (that and the fact that no-one knows the plot yet)

stop asking silly questions :p

No, the point is there are many way to end this world. Like this: An evil and powerful magician planned on taking over the whole world but he needed the technology of the Atlantises so he called forth a meteor to crash into the Atlantic Ocean but he mislocated so instead of rising the lost world of Atlantis it awakened a horrible demon that even him could not control so now good and evil must ally themselves together to eliminate the monster. Pretty cool, heh :D? If you know what I mean in good and evil.

Lizzie Turner
06-09-2006, 12:34 PM
http://imdb.com/title/tt0449088/

at world end it sounds really cool!

KeiraZone
17-09-2006, 02:41 AM
One decisive battle ... that must be with the horrible demon lol

keira fan#1
11-02-2007, 02:42 PM
I know what the plot is!!!
The plot is this:

Will Turner, Elizabeth Swann allied with Captain Barbossa are in a desperate quest to free Captain Jack Sparrow from his mind-bending trap in Davy Jones' locker – while the terrifying ghost ship, The Flying Dutchman and Davy Jones, are under the control of the East India Trading Company, and are causing complete chaos across the Seven Seas. Sailing through treachery, betrayal and wild waters, they must forge their way to Singapore and confront the Chinese Pirate Sao Feng. Now headed beyond the very ends of the earth, each must ultimately choose a side for a final, titanic battle – as not only their lives and fortunes, but the entire future of the freedom-loving Pirate way, hangs at stake.

(in other words the last sentence means that Piracy and all pirates lives are at stake.)

The end of that summary sounds kind of confusing to me though. The thing is, i've been to a WHOLE LOT of websites concerning POTC 3. Half of them say that Soa Feng is a good guy who is going to join Jack Sparrow to fight for pirates rights.
Others say that Soa Feng is an even worse enemy to Jack Sparrow them Davy Jones or Barbossa even were.
It's just all too confusing

Zanko26
11-02-2007, 05:47 PM
I've heard that Will will die in this chapter... Isn't it?

keira fan#1
11-02-2007, 07:07 PM
:icon_surp I don't think he's going to die.
I haven't seen anything on the web that said anything about him dying.
But hey, the internet says practically nothing about POTC 3. You know???
:wave: