PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with keira?

emiserry
29-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Every man with eyes in his head knows that's Keira's beautiful, every fan knows she's also more then that.
So... If you're playing in a movie with her you would be stupid if you didn't make a pass at her... Rigggghttt??
Why is it then that Keira says herself that on every set she was on, no one ever made a pass at her??? Even Jack Nichelson didn't ( huge playboy:icon_icon :icon_mod: ).

So, what do you think what's wrong with her???
Please tell me, cause this stuff really bothers me.

Ps. If this thread was already started by someone else, sorry.
Ps. If you haven't seen it yet.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3_PByY_Hh4 Super Keira comes in action :icon_popc
Greetz,

Emiserry

calereneau
29-08-2006, 05:28 PM
I think its more of a professional thing than anything else. Flirting on the set is not too professional and really could screw up production if it got out of hand.

Either that, or she's like the hot girl at school that you know you wouldn't have a chance with, so you don't waste your time.

Or she has a penis....

emiserry
29-08-2006, 06:44 PM
Yeah, that's what i thought too, but even when she visited a fashionshow, Jack Nichelson didn't make a pass!
And, she finds it odd herself that nobody flirts with her...
Maybe she has a penis... ;)
I thought maybe you guys would know :icon_err:

hasselbrad
29-08-2006, 07:00 PM
You know Ellen just wanted to crawl over that coffee table and jump her bones, don't you?

Arbery
29-08-2006, 07:31 PM
well...i'd flirt with her if i was on the set if that makes any difference...

Leonie
29-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Or maybe she's just telling everyone that no one's ever made pass at her so we'll all feel sorry for her and she'll look really down to earth and normal, not to mention professional?

Excuse my cynicism, but I believe in the power of PR. It seems Keira releases some tidbit of information with every new film coming out, something "special" that will then find its way into many newspapers and internet sources in various degrees of accurateness. This is one of them.

calereneau
30-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Actually....yeah....you may be right about that.

Hazzle
30-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Listen to Leonie kids. She's a smart lady.

Well, apart from her choice in boyfriend, but you can't have it all.

Leonie
30-08-2006, 11:39 AM
You're such a jealous little girl, Haz! :icon_lol:

I've
08-10-2006, 12:38 PM
I think, if you work with her on the set, you cant get away flirting with her all the time, i mean the director didnt pick you to flirt with Keira, he/she picked you to play your role. Otherwise you would be chucked out after several times, i think.

But despite those "circumstances" I would compliment her a lot.

Spider
08-10-2006, 01:11 PM
As said before, there's the professional side of it. But I think it also has something to do with her personality, she seems like a lovely girl, but there's just something about her that makes her seem kind of delicate, not the flirting type.

Arbery
08-10-2006, 01:30 PM
Nothing is wrong with her. If I was in a movie with her, I'd give her hugs, call her "Beautiful" & "Gorgeous".
Say something like, "Is it just me or do you get even more beautiful everytime I see you?"

I think doing that would be a bad idea...:icon_mod:

Idle
08-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Or maybe she's just telling everyone that no one's ever made pass at her so we'll all feel sorry for her and she'll look really down to earth and normal, not to mention professional?
Or maybe this is a comment she made a long time ago when she had only ever worked on sets as a minor. I would think it a good thing if none of the adults working on a movie made a pass at a 15 or 16 year old actress. Wouldn't it be a bit creepy if someone had actually made a pass at her when she was doing Princess of Thieves or Bend it like Beckham?

Excuse my cynicism, but I believe in the power of PR. It seems Keira releases some tidbit of information with every new film coming out, something "special" that will then find its way into many newspapers and internet sources in various degrees of accurateness. This is one of them.
That's not how it works, though. It's not as if she sent out a press release.
It's one brief passing comment made in a much longer interview that then gets picked up by somme gossip website or newspaper columnist and made into a "story" and copied around the world. This happens all the time to all celebrities.
But if, as in this case, the tidbit comes from a "serious" interview, the subject has no control over what actually gets printed in the interview in the first place and so no way of planting any specific tidbits.
So in that respect your cynicism is misplaced, at least in this specific case. I don't doubt that celebs sometimes plant stories meant to cast them in a positive light.

Pearl
10-10-2006, 03:57 AM
Actors hook up on sets all the time, (Brangelina, anyone?) so all the ones who say it's not 'professional' to flirt on set, really need to take a reality pill. Because the set is where more than half the actors on earth 'hook' up and flirt. Hell we all know Orlando Bloom hangs all over her and wants her.

Excuse my bluntness, but maybe Keira says it because, as Leonie put it, she doesn't want to seem stuck up and wants to appear down to earth. Because if she claimed people always hit on her on set, that would be sooo Paris Hilton.

xxkieshxx
11-12-2006, 07:33 PM
on living tv at the moment or last week or something. extreme: skinny celebs 2 was on and they have keira featured on ther advert and programme like she has an eating disorder and is a size 0. just because someone can act and is beautiful someone always has to pick a fault that isnt even there!

Jared
12-12-2006, 04:46 AM
screw the flirting, id walk right up to her and say "may i please kiss you on your lips?" - look at it this way, you only live once, right?

Jacoby
12-12-2006, 05:00 AM
screw the flirting, id walk right up to her and say "may i please kiss you on your lips?" - look at it this way, you only live once, right?

Yeah, you only live once. Why waste it being classy and romantic?

Mandy
12-12-2006, 05:04 AM
Yeah, you only live once. Why waste it being classy and romantic?

...and getting slapped every time you talk to a respectable female...:icon_razz

mehrdad368
12-12-2006, 05:12 PM
...and getting slapped every time you talk to a respectable female...
:d Yeah.you are right.Specially with this romantic senses.

Jared
13-12-2006, 02:49 AM
it was a joke, haha :icon_lol:

dave
14-12-2006, 10:43 AM
...and getting slapped every time you talk to a respectable female...:icon_razz

Dear Mandy, The ladies that would slap you for being uncouth are all 60 years old now. There are so few ladies left. The women who get upset about stuff like this call 911 and get you sent to jail. Nobody flirts anymore. Certainly none of the guys on here.

Can you imagine what a beautiful woman would think of any of the twits on here with their walk up and kiss ém attitude? I can't even imagine what they would attempt to do on a bikini beach, let alone in the Hot Springs, five miles away from civilization, after a day of Cross-country skiing.

Damn I used to love playing beach volleyball. Just to be there was enough. Nowadays people expect so much. Just having a good time together was enough. Friendship was the goal. Nowadays it seems like nobody even cares about anything beyond that night.

DarknessOfDeath
17-12-2006, 02:13 AM
I see nothing wrong with Keira...but thats not to say she's perfect in any way in shape or form. I like her in a sense in terms of what she does when it comes to choosing her roles in movies these days...Keira, pretty much has taken me back to the old age of the earth...and I mean like back to what the world was like in the 18th century...15th century... and the mythology (king arthur for example) is so interesting, i like that. Keira has this elegant-ness to her in her roles as Elizabeth Swann..Guinevere... very interesting. I like those old ages.

anyway... Hi.

!Red_Devil
17-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Tell to me, and itself Keira this forum reads sometime???

Mandy
17-12-2006, 08:51 AM
I'm so confused. My brain hurts.

!Red_Devil
17-12-2006, 09:06 AM
I not too well know English language, therefore I ask to answer YES or not a question: happens at this forum Keira?

Mandy
17-12-2006, 09:22 AM
Yes she do.

DarknessOfDeath
17-12-2006, 09:55 PM
...my brain hurts too. So keira reads these forums or no?

mehrdad368
18-12-2006, 10:16 AM
NO,she won't spend her time reading this thread.Be sure.

Nell
18-12-2006, 01:06 PM
I think Keira is very professional and intelligent and men noticed that and have respected her, and maybe that's the cause. I don't know. But I'd rather be respected than hit on by a huge playboy like Jack :)

DarknessOfDeath
18-12-2006, 01:12 PM
I think Keira is very professional and intelligent and men noticed that and have respected her, and maybe that's the cause. I don't know. But I'd rather be respected than hit on by a huge playboy like Jack :)

I agree. :xmas: She's very professional.

ariek
20-12-2006, 07:18 AM
Absolutely nothing! haha.

I think it's a matter of taste more then anything else. Plenty of other people disagree with how extensively attractive I find Keira, and yes...they're straight.

I'll admit she's not the most gorgeous girl that ever existed persay, but beauty is subjective, so to me she is :P. But playing devils advocate, there are plenty of models and actresses that are equally or more attractive. There's just something about her, namely her smile, but dare I say her "type" that I find impossible to get over. Maybe it's similar to how guys refer to a girl as pretty vs. cute vs. gorgeous and mean different things each time.

I said in another thread that I fell 'in love' with her while watching Love Actually, but already accepting that I'm attracted to her "type" there's a possibility that what really tipped it off could be credited to the author of the scripts for her characters. Juliet was drop dead gorgeous, yet approachable. She wasn't arrogant and would go out of her way to talk to the "quiet" guy (who just happened to be in love with her). As far as her roles in other movies, psh! She's badass and the furthest thing from high maintenance in the Pirate series, hardcore badass in Domino and the 'typical' hot girl in your highschool (who happens to not be stuck up) in Beckham. Shes physically flawless in my book, however, the only personality I've seen her exhibit are those of characters in movies written by someone else (that would be a guys dream anyway!)

Regardless, haha I think the best and funniest point that I'm even amazed at, is that while filming alot of movies she was still under the age of 20. So that might keep guys twice her age from hitting on her too much... though thats giving guys alot of credit in the area of self-control...

and thats my 2 cents...