PDA

View Full Version : Question about Pure... Help please!

CountryTomboy91
27-08-2006, 12:43 AM
I'm really interested in Pure. But, I don't want to see it if keira's only in like 10 minutes of the hour and a half.
How much screen time does keira actually have in this?
And, also, can someone describe the story and her character a bit.
Much appreciated!!!!

Digital_Ice
27-08-2006, 12:59 AM
i've not seen it, but from what i gather, keira's character is integral to the plot, and thus i assume she has plenty of screen time.

though why people watch a film for one actresses bits is beyond me, personally, i think it makes sod all difference to the quality of a film. and its the plot etc that i watch them for, but hey, maybe thats just me.

DanMan
27-08-2006, 01:04 AM
Ive seen several clips from this movie.
Kiera is a waitress and drug addict who
befriends a young boy. The boy's mother
also has a drug problem. So in answer,
she must be in most of the movie.
The movie centers around how they deal
with the problems.

CountryTomboy91
27-08-2006, 07:14 PM
Thanks. Ice, I agree there. I'm not sure why people go buy a movie if their actor or actress has like 2 minutes in it. Which is y i was asking.

Hazzle
27-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Actually Ice was suggesting that watching a movie just because "X" actor or actress is in it, even in a starring role, is silly. Keira's had some stinkers. Pure isn't one, and is a good film, but that's not entirely down to Keira. Other things come into it.

Violet
27-08-2006, 07:34 PM
i've not seen it, but from what i gather, keira's character is integral to the plot, and thus i assume she has plenty of air time.

though why people watch a film for one actresses bits is beyond me, personally, i think it makes sod all difference to the quality of a film. and its the plot etc that i watch them for, but hey, maybe thats just me.
Hmm, while I understand the sentement about simply watching films due to a favourite actor being in it - it does seem quite pathetic - I sometimes do this judging from the types of films the actor is usually in. For example, if I often enjoy the performance by a certain actor and trust that they usually only choose roles that have some depth and interest, then I will perhaps find out a little about the film, but see it based on past experience with the actor. Sometimes I am dissapointed, but for the times that I am not, it is worth it, and for the times I am, I have learnt something new about the actor. But hey, each to their own.

Richard
27-08-2006, 08:48 PM
What Haz said.

I've been known to watch a movie because of one particular actor or actress, but it's usually at first. As you watch a film, other actors come on the screen and, sometimes, you become interested in them just as much as the actor/actress you came to see.

Watching a movie and not caring for the story, its other characters, or the other actors portraying them, then it's just silly.

CountryTomboy91
28-08-2006, 02:27 AM
Thanks so much!
I feel like an idiot now, but eh....

I agree with Haz and Richard tho...

Hazzle
28-08-2006, 01:40 PM
I sometimes do this judging from the types of films the actor is usually in. For example, if I often enjoy the performance by a certain actor and trust that they usually only choose roles that have some depth and interest, then I will perhaps find out a little about the film, but see it based on past experience with the actor.

Oh I'd definitely agree with that. Johnny Depp is my favourite example. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was fucking awful but 99.9% of his films are excellent so I watch them. I actually thought POTC would be crap when I first heard about it, but my mind changed as more information came to light:

Stage one: Keira in a pirate movie. Hmm, interesting.
Stage two: Keira in a DISNEY pirate movie. Why oh why?
Stage three: Orlando Bloom is co-starring. Are you fucking mad woman?!
Stage four: So's Johnny Depp. Hmm, can't be that bad then, can it?
Stage five: Geoffrey Rush too. That's definitely another plus point.
Stage six: Gore Verbinski is directing it. I'm sold.

Don't feel like an idiotTomboy. Noone was making fun of you.

Sandra
28-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Pure is a great movie!!!!

I would say Keiz is in well over half of it. She has some decent scenes; one where she's high on crack, one where her water breaks (she's preggers), one emotional scene (in hosptial after giving birth) and several happy friendships scenes.

Foeni
28-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Keiz???

Violet
28-08-2006, 10:25 PM
Oh I'd definitely agree with that. Johnny Depp is my favourite example.
Yeah, Johnny Depp was who I was thinking of. The best example.

Keiz???
Oh dear god.

CountryTomboy91
29-08-2006, 03:27 AM
Johnny Depp is my favourite example. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was fucking awful but 99.9% of his films are excellent so I watch them.

Don't feel like an idiotTomboy. Noone was making fun of you.

SOOO YES!!!!!!! Johnny Deppppp! I was gonna say that!!! Another good example for johnny depp was once upon a time in mexico.....
charlie and the chocolate factory scared the little 4 year old i was babsitting. her mom rented it for her, and she started crying because she was totally freaked!!!! I was sympathetic, but I wanted to laugh soo hard!

And, thank you, Haz. Off Topic: Haz, if you're a snakes on a plane fan, have you seen Coach Carter? Another good one by Samuel L. Jackson.... One of my favs...

And, thanks for your input, I'm deff. gonna rent it now. albeit Keiz is an interesting thing to call her, Sandra....

Hazzle
29-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Yeah, Johnny Depp was who I was thinking of. The best example.

Thought it might be. Although I actually liked Once Upon a Time Tomboy! I thought it was a great spoof of the El Mariachi films. Hilarious movie, I've watched it so many times and it's still funny as hell.

I'm not actually a Snakes fan, not seen it yet. But I do like Samuel L. Coach Carter, however, is not one of my favourites. Felt cliched, like Basketball meets Dead Poets Society. On the Samuel L theme, A Time to Kill, have you seen it?

CountryTomboy91
29-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Thought it might be. Although I actually liked Once Upon a Time Tomboy! I thought it was a great spoof of the El Mariachi films. Hilarious movie, I've watched it so many times and it's still funny as hell.

I'm not actually a Snakes fan, not seen it yet. But I do like Samuel L. Coach Carter, however, is not one of my favourites. Felt cliched, like Basketball meets Dead Poets Society. On the Samuel L theme, A Time to Kill, have you seen it?

Actually, yeah I loved Once Upon A Time in Mexico, Yes it's funny.
A Time to Kill, no haven't seen it, but WANT TO!!!!

I need to go to blockbuster for that one, the jacket, pure, and once upon a time in mexico (AGAIN!)

I loved coach carter mainly for the fact that i can agree with his character. Besides, i loved Timo Cruz's monologue about fear. My friends and I were wondering if it was something they wrote for the film, if it's a famous thing, or if it's one of his own works, or what? It was good.

ON Topic: Going to blockbuster for pure tomorrow. wish me luck.

Mandy
29-08-2006, 08:11 PM
I watched Once Upon A Time in Mexico the other day when it was one cable. I expected Johnny to play some malicious evil bad guy, I mean...he still was a bad guy, but he was awesome. A funny bad guy.

CountryTomboy91
30-08-2006, 12:38 AM
"No, I'll shoot the cook. My car's around back anyways."
"Why? Why would I want this? Why would I want.... bubblegum?"
"F-ing bells."

YAY JOHNNY!

Nella
31-08-2006, 01:35 PM
I thought Once upon a time in Mexico had a slightly confusing storyline, but then again it was hilarious and I did love it. I made the mistake of watching Dead Man purely because Johnny Depp was in it and I've never been so bored in all my life, from then on I've always considered all the factors of a film before seeing it!

CountryTomboy91
01-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Yesterday, I rented Pure, watched it, liked it so much, I bought it. Yay!
Thanks for all your help guys!!!

Wasn't Keira so..... witchy?
Shes the kind of character you love to hate.

CountryTomboy91
05-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Oy I have another question...
Does anyone know what that song/score is called when Keira and the boy are biking the first time? that drumming one? It's way cool!