PDA

View Full Version : Plan a route through London Transport Maze!1

acliff
16-08-2006, 09:33 AM
Transport for London Website (http://www.tfl.gov.uk)

Us Londoners need pretty much all the help we can get while traversing London. A web of so many interestingly named places, with a transport network that is about as interesting, which you can traverse for the price of a poxy travelcard.

www.tfl.gov.uk is one of the useful websites on the internet. Use it and be amazed. Download the underground map. Print it out and mount it on your wall.

So I suppose this is a thread to honour it. Find interesting places, find the shortest or longest routes. Its more fun than you think. Oh, and avoid Graves End. It is a hole, and I have bad memories.

Katielondon
16-08-2006, 09:37 AM
well Ken fuckwitstone has messed up londons transport further, personally i just wish the no good useless twat would die, thanks to a frankly moronic mayor selection process by the tory party it looks like that useless commie wanker will be in office even longer, why do londoners vote for him? hes not done anything good since been in office other than get us the Olympics which im sure someone else could have managed.

acliff
16-08-2006, 09:58 AM
well Ken fuckwitstone has messed up londons transport further, personally i just wish the no good useless twat would die, thanks to a frankly moronic mayor selection process by the tory party it looks like that useless commie wanker will be in office even longer, why do londoners vote for him? hes not done anything good since been in office other than get us the Olympics which im sure someone else could have managed.

The congestion charge seems to have worked. Proof of this is that traffic on Oxford street actually moves. Which has allowed the bus system to work.
I don't drive, perhaps I'd feel differently if I did, but even so I find absolutely no real reason to travel into London by car when it is cheaper and faster (and thats excluding extortionate parking prices and space deficiencies) by public transport.

deviljet88
16-08-2006, 10:00 AM
Such an extensive and interconnected train network... Envy.

Melbourne's piece of crap (http://www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/images/maps/map_train_metro2006.gif)

Katielondon
16-08-2006, 10:09 AM
The congestion charge seems to have worked. Proof of this is that traffic on Oxford street actually moves. Which has allowed the bus system to work.
I don't drive, perhaps I'd feel differently if I did, but even so I find absolutely no real reason to travel into London by car when it is cheaper and faster (and thats excluding extortionate parking prices and space deficiencies) by public transport.

well he can try and increase his shitty charge all he likes but he can fuck off if he thinks i will pay £20 or that i wont ignore it when he extends it to K&C, its not that i cant afford it but i would fund his commie fuckwit schemes and i dont condone his hatred of the middle class i hope he gets hit by one of his bendy buses the scheming no good cunt, sorry rant over and breathe.

Hazzle
16-08-2006, 10:26 AM
The bendy buses are a genius idea but I don't think that was his.

However several of his ideas are excellent:

1) Congestion charge. Only drivers whinge about it and the fact is the congestion charge has improve dthe air quality and ensured that, as Cliff said, buses can move. Ideally everyone should use buses/tubes/trains in the city, and if you want to drive, I think you should pay for the privilege, because it's definitely that.

2) Free travel for schoolkids on public transport. I think that's self-explanatory.

3) Oyster. It's quicker, cheaper, more efficient, and I love that I can use pre-pay and if I alter my plans at the last minute, it will never cost me more than a one-day travelcard. It's an excellent scheme. Pre-pay is genius and very very very convenient.

4) Pre-pay on buses. It's so much quicker now, and buses often manage to run on time these days, at least more than they used to. It makes travelling by bus so much more convenient. All in all Public transport is better for him.

5) The Olympics. You may think he wasn't a major part, and on a personal level he wasn't, but his administration was. My friend works for the GLA and she worked on the bid, and to be honest, without people like that, we wouldn't have it.

Perhaps I'm biased as several of my friends work for the GLA and speak very highly of him but I think he and his administration have done brilliantly. Lest we forget the whole concept of a mayor and the GLA was championed by him, it took years before Blair took it on board and actually made it government policy.

Katielondon
16-08-2006, 10:34 AM
Perhaps I'm biased as several of my friends work for the GLA and speak very highly of him but I think he and his administration have done brilliantly. Lest we forget the whole concept of a mayor and the GLA was championed by him, it took years before Blair took it on board and actually made it government policy.

no its cool, im rather biased too in all honesty my political affilation is rather more on the blue side of the fence, it always will be, my upbringing, my life situation and where im from etc have all contributed the fact is due to all this i hold nothing but contempt for the man and avidly dislike him.

Hazzle
16-08-2006, 10:41 AM
Haha. I'm on the blue side of the fence too. Which makes me liking a hardline left-winger like Livingston somewhat odd but I think he's done a good job, much as I think Blair has. I may not agree with every single policy of either, especially Blair, but on the whole, I find I do. Blair's a closet Thatcherite, really, so it doesn't bother me.

Katielondon
16-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Haha. I'm on the blue side of the fence too. Which makes me liking a hardline left-winger like Livingston somewhat odd but I think he's done a good job, much as I think Blair has. I may not agree with every single policy of either, especially Blair, but on the whole, I find I do. Blair's a closet Thatcherite, really, so it doesn't bother me.

Blair isnt as bad as a lot of the people in his party Brown i dislike a great deal, however i dont think Cameron is that amazing, i wanted Ken Clarke to be leader when they were selecting, also been a Range Rover owner only adds to my avid dislike of Livingstone i supose :)

barrington
16-08-2006, 12:38 PM
True Blue here as well, though I can say that I do have respect for the MAYOR OF LONDON (heh) for getting central London moving again. Driving over Tower Bridge without any cunts in your face (figuratively speaking) is now a pleasure.

Now if only they'd sort out the bloody parking in Belgravia, some unwashed cretins have taken to parking their 911 Turbo and 7-Series too close to my Continental and I find it hard to get out in the mornings. So I wrote 'CHAV' in marker pen on their hubcaps. Can't be too nasty; Mrs Featherstonehaugh at No.31 was peering through her net curtains.

Katielondon
16-08-2006, 01:27 PM
True Blue here as well, though I can say that I do have respect for the MAYOR OF LONDON (heh) for getting central London moving again. Driving over Tower Bridge without any cunts in your face (figuratively speaking) is now a pleasure.

Now if only they'd sort out the bloody parking in Belgravia, some unwashed cretins have taken to parking their 911 Turbo and 7-Series too close to my Continental and I find it hard to get out in the mornings. So I wrote 'CHAV' in marker pen on their hubcaps. Can't be too nasty; Mrs Featherstonehaugh at No.31 was peering through her net curtains.

im leaving Kensington soon and honestly i cant wait to

hasselbrad
16-08-2006, 04:27 PM
Such an extensive and interconnected train network... Envy.

Melbourne's piece of crap (http://www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/images/maps/map_train_metro2006.gif)

Get ready to envy this!

Tampa's Streetcar! (http://www.tecolinestreetcar.org/news/20_ride_discount.pdf)

The red line is an actual streetcar. The other shit is just buses made to look like streetcars. Our transit system (if can even really be called a "system") sucks more ass than a Hollywood high colonic therapist right before the Oscars.