PDA

View Full Version : My site good enough for links page?

keira loves lipgloss
17-07-2004, 07:57 PM
is my site good enough for links page?

Sarah
17-07-2004, 07:58 PM
I think you should contact Baz or another Admin.

keira loves lipgloss
17-07-2004, 07:59 PM
thanks sarah where has your ronaldo pic gone to?!

Sarah
17-07-2004, 08:01 PM
I don't need him there anymore, he's resting in my bed.

--

If any admins are around, please use your magic locksticks.

Pinkfairy
17-07-2004, 10:30 PM
nice work, it has nice pictures, but it could do without the snowballs or bubbles or whatever they are cause they're kinda distracting

apoggy
17-07-2004, 10:34 PM
Its a decent enough start Lipgloss. You need to cut down on the additions like the bubbles though. Content wise its empty, compare it to other sites and you will see that most have a reason to visit them more than once, which at the moment yours doesnt.

keira loves lipgloss
18-07-2004, 05:32 PM
Its a decent enough start Lipgloss. You need to cut down on the additions like the bubbles though. Content wise its empty, compare it to other sites and you will see that most have a reason to visit them more than once, which at the moment yours doesnt.decent start you never know i could be a millionaire one day :o

Cycleofthemoon
18-07-2004, 06:56 PM
I think the design is good. The pictures seem to take a long time to load. Possibly because they aren't on the freewebs server. Instead, each time the page opens, the server has to go find the images from this site and load them on your site. Also, the red boxes are massively wide. A bit too wide. It's usually not a good idea to have horizontal scroll bars in a page. Instead of text on the side of the image (the thing causing the scroll bars), insert the image and then insert the text in a new paragraph ( <p></p>) underneath the image.

Nice design, keep it user friendly. :)

barrington
18-07-2004, 07:58 PM
Hi Lipgloss,
I've added your site to the KKW link pages.

On the design front, I strongly recommend you remove the bubbles, they're distracting, unneccessary and will seriously slow down older machines. Also, it's probably better to annexe all your photos to seperate gallery pages and ONLY display resized thumbnails on the frontpage (that is, properly resampled in Photoshop or similar, not just resized in the HTML tags)

Best of luck.

Bazzle

keira loves lipgloss
19-07-2004, 07:42 AM
Hi Lipgloss,
I've added your site to the KKW link pages.

On the design front, I strongly recommend you remove the bubbles, they're distracting, unneccessary and will seriously slow down older machines. Also, it's probably better to annexe all your photos to seperate gallery pages and ONLY display resized thumbnails on the frontpage (that is, properly resampled in Photoshop or similar, not just resized in the HTML tags)

Best of luck.

Bazzlethank you thank you i voted for you on nicest adminastrator ;) because i am kind!

keira loves lipgloss
19-07-2004, 01:00 PM
Anyone can sign the guestbook :)

apoggy
19-07-2004, 01:01 PM
anyone can spam this here thread