PDA

View Full Version : your favourite superhero from tv/film?

Katielondon
31-07-2006, 11:38 PM
just wondered who everyones is?, mine not the most obvious choice but i find his awkward social interactions with people amusing plus hes kind of cool.

ryan
31-07-2006, 11:39 PM
gambit

acliff
31-07-2006, 11:41 PM
HIIIIYYAAA
http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/h/hongkon2.jpg

ryan
31-07-2006, 11:44 PM
The Dark fucking Knight.
http://images.google.com/url?q=http://epguides.com/BatmanTheAnimatedSeries/logo.jpg

thats a rich guy with a lot of toys...hardly a super hero.

Swordsman
31-07-2006, 11:47 PM
SHUT YOUR FILTHY MOUTH! He's more of a superhero than Gambit, all he does is some kenic energy shit and he's Cajun. That's his whole shitty role! Batman can actually do shit.

http://www.batmantas.com/img/batsign.jpg

mehrdad368
01-08-2006, 12:16 AM
Maybe this kind of superheros.:)

acliff
01-08-2006, 01:21 AM
Maybe this kind of superheros.:)

I think the above just goes to show what kind of person you are.

Swordsman
01-08-2006, 07:48 AM

A creepy one? Seriously that avatar freaks me out.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0a/Colbert.JPG/180px-Colbert.JPG
A true American hero.

mehrdad368
01-08-2006, 08:17 AM
So what kind of person am I?
I know you want to say i'm very kind.;)

deviljet88
01-08-2006, 08:33 AM
http://www.dragonballmaster.com/Movie11pic/goten.jpg

Ardnax
01-08-2006, 10:50 AM
Buffy... Yeah totally, she's the best. And also Sailor Moon. :icon_redf Can I have several? :icon_razz

Hazzle
01-08-2006, 11:52 AM
Batman. Takes real heroism to be a superhero without powers.

Gambit's gay. He's not even the best X-man. Wolverine rips holy shit out of him.

But if I have to choose someone other than Bats (cos Swords took it) Spidey. Simply for the quips. Or Daredevil because there's a superhero with a true weakness.

acliff
01-08-2006, 12:25 PM
Batman. Takes real heroism to be a superhero without powers.

Gambit's gay. He's not even the best X-man. Wolverine rips holy shit out of him.

But if I have to choose someone other than Bats (cos Swords took it) Spidey. Simply for the quips. Or Daredevil because there's a superhero with a true weakness.

Quips and one liners, buffy wins hands down.
I like Max from Dark Angel, because she kicks ass and she's devilishly hot. (and yes, I accept that in general the TV series is horrible, but doesn't stop me from owning both series)

Arbery
01-08-2006, 12:29 PM
at the end of the day...Superman clearly has the best powers out of them all and will generally kick everyones ass...but i aint too keen on him, for me its either gotta be Wolverine, Cyclops or Magneto (i know he aint a hero...but his powers are awesome)

J.R.
01-08-2006, 12:43 PM
HIIIIYYAAA
http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/h/hongkon2.jpg

Agree'd

frodo1511
01-08-2006, 01:19 PM
My hero

http://www.ronbos.nl/foto/albums/userpics/TWEEEEEEE.jpg

Mandy
01-08-2006, 01:59 PM
I accept that in general the TV series is horrible

Wrong. How could you say that? *shakes head*

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles, bitches.

Hazzle
01-08-2006, 06:52 PM
Cyclops

Gay with an even gayer superpower. Jean Grey's either a man (unlikely) or is actually cheating on him with Wolverine but they don't show that in the comics :D

Mandy...Dark Angel blows. If it wasn't for the fact Jessica Alba looks hot it would've flopped after about two episodes. I didn't think anything could be worse than Buffy...

Mrs. Bale
01-08-2006, 09:32 PM
this is my lord, my favorite, my love...chris...

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/4862/ChristianB_Cohen_8879723_400.jpg and soon, heath ledger is the joker!

hasselbrad
01-08-2006, 10:28 PM
I have two. (http://www.rotten.com/library/culture/ambiguously-gay-duo/)

Swordsman
01-08-2006, 10:30 PM
Oh, Heath Ledger is going to suck i think. I thought he'd be cool when i first thought of him, but then some of his movies were on tv and i remembered i hate him. Hopefully Nolan will smack some crazy into him.

The Maxx, fucking awesome.
http://uashome.alaska.edu/~jndfg20/website/maxx.gif

acliff
01-08-2006, 10:31 PM
Mandy...Dark Angel blows. If it wasn't for the fact Jessica Alba looks hot it would've flopped after about two episodes. I didn't think anything could be worse than Buffy...

I can think of something worse. Your taste.

Katielondon
02-08-2006, 01:01 AM
I can think of something worse. Your taste.

seconded, sorry Haz :P

Swordsman
02-08-2006, 01:45 AM
Both Dark Angel and Buffy sucked.

Now Law & Order, there's a show that didn't suck. Yes, Jack McCoy is a goddamn superhero.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/8e/Executive_Assistant_District_Attorney_Jack_McCoy_-_Sam_Waterston.jpg/180px-Executive_Assistant_District_Attorney_Jack_McCoy_-_Sam_Waterston.jpg

Jacoby
02-08-2006, 03:02 AM
PALE FORCE!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/xemptygazes/paleforce.jpg
Jim Gaffigan's brainchild, featuring Conan O'brien. It's awesome.

See the third installment here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFqjw3u2DI0&search=pale%20force) .

Scott
02-08-2006, 05:19 AM
MacGyver

http://www.rda-forever.com/Galleries/galleries/PromosPics/Macgyver/Macgyver_EP001_0009.jpg

Mandy
02-08-2006, 05:24 AM
I'm suprised that no one has posted Chuck Norris yet.

ryan
02-08-2006, 05:41 AM
Both Dark Angel and Buffy sucked.

Now Law & Order, there's a show that didn't suck. Yes, Jack McCoy is a goddamn superhero.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/8e/Executive_Assistant_District_Attorney_Jack_McCoy_-_Sam_Waterston.jpg/180px-Executive_Assistant_District_Attorney_Jack_McCoy_-_Sam_Waterston.jpg

doesn't suck? are you mad, son?

Renegade
02-08-2006, 05:57 AM
I think Heath Ledger lacks the personality of the Joker. Eh.

Batman and Spider-Man are my heroes. Their cartoons were my favorite as a kid.

Swordsman
02-08-2006, 05:58 AM
The question here is are you mad you crazy son of a bitch. Jack McCoy will goddamn bitch smack you and then chop off your fucking head. Have you ever even watched an episode of Law & Order. Not that Special Victims Unit or Criminal Intent shit, i mean straight up Law & Order MOTHERFUCKER! Today's episodes might not be the same without Orbach but i was talking to the good stuff when it was Orbach and Noth as the detectives, Jill Hennessey as the ADA, and Steven Hill and as the DA. And of course Jack McCoy who will chop off your fucking head.

ryan
02-08-2006, 06:12 AM
he's an old bitch. i'd just stare at him for a half hour until he died of old age.

negro plz.

Swordsman
02-08-2006, 06:20 AM
Oh now you did not! Jack Motherfuckin' McCoy will chop off your bitch ass head with his goddamn Wu Tang sword. He may be almost 66, i think, but he'd fuck your dumb ass up.

ryan
02-08-2006, 06:26 AM
jack fucking bristow would have that dumb motherfucker in a fucking grave before he could say "objection!"

if you want to talk jacks, jack fucking bristow takes that fucking cake.

Swordsman
02-08-2006, 06:36 AM
Oh, Alias sucks. Jack Bristow would first have to get the big fat CIA cock out of his mouth before he could actually try to fight. The guy's a fat ugly bitch. Jack McCoy is master of the 13 fucking sword styles and what Bristow has a gun, fucking pussy bitch.

Hazzle
02-08-2006, 07:30 AM
Heh Swords. Jack Bristow's from 24 you dolt.

But yes, Law & Order is far better than Dark Angel or Buffy.

My taste may be "poor" according to you Cliff, but those shows are for unintelligent numbskulls, because anyone with half a brain can see the gaping holes in the stories and how attrociously bad the acting is.

Oh wait, it's "escapism" (which is basically an excuse for intelligent people to watch pap). It's drivel made for the average American teenager (ie stupid dumbfuck).

Heath Ledger will blow as Joker.

Swordsman
02-08-2006, 07:33 AM

No that's Jack Bauer, but you were close buddy! But Jack Bauer is also pretty badass.

Hazzle
02-08-2006, 07:50 AM
Bah! Right you are. Terribly similar names.

Jack Bauer actually IS cool. 24's a good show.

hasselbrad
02-08-2006, 02:46 PM

So...is this gonna be Brokeback Batman?

Digital_Ice
02-08-2006, 02:49 PM
I'm suprised that no one has posted Chuck Norris yet.

chuck norris jokes are ooooooold.

mcguyver, holy crap! he's hardly a superhero... hes just a dude with a swiss army lnife, gaffa tape and whatever else he could find at the time....

Jacoby
02-08-2006, 05:34 PM
So...is this gonna be Brokeback Batman?

I swore on my poster of Bob Dylan that anyone who made reference to Brokeback Mountain with Batman would get a nice verbal abussive response from me. But I like you Brad, so I won't do it. But I gotta tell you, you have to dig deeper, Brokeback references are too easy. That is all.

*Hugs Brad*

*and pats on the back*

hasselbrad
02-08-2006, 06:46 PM
I swore on my poster of Bob Dylan that anyone who made reference to Brokeback Mountain with Batman would get a nice verbal abussive response from me. But I like you Brad, so I won't do it. But I gotta tell you, you have to dig deeper, Brokeback references are too easy. That is all.

*Hugs Brad*

*and pats on the back*

Yes...easy...but a homerun off a breaking ball that doesn't break counts just as much as a Nolan Ryan fastball. ;)

acliff
02-08-2006, 06:53 PM

But yes, Law & Order is far better than Dark Angel or Buffy.

My taste may be "poor" according to you Cliff, but those shows are for unintelligent numbskulls, because anyone with half a brain can see the gaping holes in the stories and how attrociously bad the acting is.

Oh wait, it's "escapism" (which is basically an excuse for intelligent people to watch pap). It's drivel made for the average American teenager (ie stupid dumbfuck).

I think alot of far more intelligent people than you would disagree with you. And combined with the fact that your taste is very bad, there is an extremely high probability that you are wrong.
Since when did intelligent people have to watch intelligent shows exclusively? Isn't that what the less mentally agile do to pretend they are smart and understand every word?

Buffy has pretty people, which makes excellent watching. It has great dialogue (not the best, my current favourites are House and Entourage) and best of all, its funny. It is a decidedly pleasant way of spending 45 minutes.

All television dramas are escapism. Even all the law and orders and csi's in the world, regardless of whether they're based on true stories or not allow you to escape into a world where the good guys win at the end, all within a handy 45 minute time slot, while allowing you to put on some tea in the breaks.

Law and order if fucking crapsticks. It absolutely pales in comparison to CSI LV, CSI NY, Criminal minds, even Bones (another indulgence like Buffy is). The only good law and order is criminal intent. Don't even talk to me about special victims unit.

Jacoby
02-08-2006, 07:51 PM
Yes...easy...but a homerun off a breaking ball that doesn't break counts just as much as a Nolan Ryan fastball. ;)

But not as respectable. What would the Ambiguously Gay Duo think, Brad?
Well, I guess they'd think Heath Ledger looks delicious in his cowboy attire, but that's beside the point.

What would any other superhero think, Brad?

Hazzle
02-08-2006, 11:23 PM
I think alot of far more intelligent people than you would disagree with you.

I'd ask you to name one but you'll simply say yourself so that's a pointless line of argument. However the fact you "think" a lot of people more intelligent than I would disagree, doesn't make it true.

As for intelligent people watching intelligent programming, what you're stating is merely an opinion. In fact scientific evidence would weigh in my favour, as it's highly likely that those with greater intellect would seek the mental stimulation derived from intelligent programming. I'm not talking purely of intellectual programming, but certainly programming of quality. There isn't a redeeming quality of Buffy, Dark Angel or Alias beyond the good looks of the cast.

Buffy has pretty people, which makes excellent watching.

I believe the word you're looking for is "viewing". Thus adding further weight to my point above. Once again, good looks of the cast hardly make the show a good one. It makes the cast attractive, that's all. Put the same cast in a well-made show and it'll be better, no?

It has great dialogue (not the best, my current favourites are House and Entourage) and best of all, its funny. It is a decidedly pleasant way of spending 45 minutes.

Debateable if it's funny (I've never laughed) and Sarah Michelle Gellar isn't particularly attractive, least of all as a blonde. She's alright when she goes brunette but normally? No, a bit too thin. Charisma Carpenter, however, I can dig. By contrast House is actually very funny, very well-written, and a damn sight more entertaining.

All television dramas are escapism. Even all the law and orders and csi's in the world, regardless of whether they're based on true stories or not allow you to escape into a world where the good guys win at the end, all within a handy 45 minute time slot, while allowing you to put on some tea in the breaks.

Degrees of. Firstly as you rightly point out, there are strong roots of realism to those other shows. Law and Order I can say for a fact is very realistic. What with being a Law graduate and everything. Secondly I didn't say "escapism" was bad. By definition any fiction is "escapism". I was suggesting that the term "escapism" is used to explain why terribly made shows are worth watching when they're vacuous and of little merit in any way shape or form.

Equally, you've not watched a lot of Law and Order if you think the good guys always win at the end. One of the best things about it (although this has decreased with the more recent series) is the amount of times the bad guys won. CSI is a little flawed in that regard which is no doubt down to the man who makes it. However it does have a very slick visual package and has merit in terms of production values. In every way shape or form, CSI is a superior product to Buffy.

Law and order if fucking crapsticks. It absolutely pales in comparison to CSI LV, CSI NY, Criminal minds, even Bones (another indulgence like Buffy is). The only good law and order is criminal intent. Don't even talk to me about special victims unit.

Assumption is a bad thing Cliffeh. I don't like SVU, Criminal Intent is my favourite of the Law And Order stable and CSI LV, CSI NY and Criminal Minds are three of my favourite shows. The latter two I watch religiously, whereas I don't watch Law and Order so religiously anymore (recent series have become a bit tame).

Swordsman
03-08-2006, 01:23 AM
Wow, people actually think House MD is a quality show? Fuck, i mean every episode is the goddamn same, and House always has his ridiculous witty diolauge. I mean every episode is the same, someone has a wierd disease, they think it's something easy, their cure doesn't work, everyone's confused, and House puts his job on the line to save the person. If you're going to go with a hospital show go with Scrubs.

Cliff you gotta be shitting me, how can you only like Criminal Intent? I mean the straight up Law & Order is the best. L&O>L&O:CI>L&O:SVU. I mean... Sam Waterson, it doesn't get any fucking better. If there are any attacks on Jack McCoy i will defend him to the grave.

This new Flash is good. It's written by Danny Bilson who's teaming up with Adam Brody to make a new comic called Red Menace. I know i'm physced.
http://www.dccomics.com/media/covers/5438_400x600.jpg (javascript:void(0))

Leonie
03-08-2006, 02:33 AM
Haz and Cliff, any idea when the pissing contest will be over?

Mandy
03-08-2006, 04:17 AM
Haz and Cliff, any idea when the pissing contest will be over?

Yeah seriously, I want to know who can aim further than the other.

acliff
03-08-2006, 07:05 AM
Yeah seriously, I want to know who can aim further than the other.

If you ever have anything worthwhile to say, let me know. We can celebrate.

Swordman, you're rather loud, have you considered that noone cares? And having read your posts, it appears that you're the one sending my work web filter crazy. You really do love the cock.
Not a Joss Whedon fan Haz?
Suffice to say, if you don't like Buffy, then you're dead inside.

I'm cold, barely functioning on 1 1/2 hours of sleep and irritable. If that was a request to bring the thread back on track Leonie, thats cool. I'm beginning to get fucked off with the population of KKW again, and isn't that the Cliff that you've missed?

Hazzle
03-08-2006, 07:15 AM
Swordman, you're rather loud, have you considered that noone cares? And having read your posts, it appears that you're the one sending my work web filter crazy. You really do love the cock.

Heh. He does have a point about the new Flash though. And it's on topic ;)

Nope. And yeah, I probably am. Would explain a lot.

I'm cold, barely functioning on 1 1/2 hours of sleep and irritable. If that was a request to bring the thread back on track Leonie, thats cool. I'm beginning to get fucked off with the population of KKW again, and isn't that the Cliff that you've missed?

Heh. I've missed that Cliff anyway.

Leonie: To be fair, it was vaguely on-topic. If we're discussing superheroes on TV, such as Buffy, then the shows they're in and the quality thereof are part of the equation. But if that was a request to drop the discussion, that's fine, I think we reached an impasse anyway.

One thing to add that is back on the main topic. Was anyone else disappointed by how awful the Daredevil movie actually was? Great comic book hero absolutely DESTROYED by a terrible film. Any news on Iron Man? I'm psyched about that one.

Leonie
03-08-2006, 07:19 AM

Lord knows what that last sentence is supposed to mean (I blame the flu), but yeah, that was an attempt to get the thread back on topic: what's your favourite superhero. Not "what's your favourite superhero and if yours differs from mine you must be stupid because you used the wrong word and you don't appreciate good TV shows and blabla bla x 10,000."

My favourite superhero... Does Nikita count? Otherwise, I'd have to agree with whoevever put McGyver up. That man was a genius, and I had a huge crush on him when I was 5.

Swordsman
03-08-2006, 07:22 AM

No, not really. Really? I should've only sent your "work web filter" crazy with my Jack McCoy fight. No, just the pussy.

Hehe, Minoriteam.
http://www.universohq.com/quadrinhos/2006/imagens/Minoriteam.jpg

acliff
03-08-2006, 07:22 AM
Lord knows what that last sentence is supposed to mean (I blame the flu), but yeah, that was an attempt to get the thread back on topic: what's your favourite superhero. Not "what's your favourite superhero and if yours differs from mine you must be stupid because you used the wrong word and you don't appreciate good TV shows and blabla bla x 10,000."

My favourite superhero... Does Nikita count? Otherwise, I'd have to agree with whoevever put McGyver up. That man was a genius, and I had a huge crush on him when I was 5.

Yeah yeah yeah whatever, Gilmore girls sucks.

Leonie
03-08-2006, 07:24 AM
Grow up.

michael22
03-08-2006, 08:11 AM
in a attempt to get this back on topic.

My favourite superhero from film or television would definitly have to be the crow. the dark story line and atmosphere made a great movie. Though the comics and sequel (shudders)were vastly inferior. It was a great pity for Brandon Lee to die in its filming....

another superhero that is among my favourites is V for sheer cool.

i have many non "super" hero favourites but...... that is not the subject.

Mandy
03-08-2006, 08:43 AM

PMS, much? Christ. If you're getting fucked off with me, please give me a warning cause I'm pretty sure I've done nothing to you or have given you a reason to be such a fucking shit. Unless this is my warning.

marine
03-08-2006, 09:00 AM
http://acfcompo.free.fr/alias/deguisements/big/3x15_3_46.jpg
Does he count?

http://membres.lycos.fr/supersayanjin2gohan/imagestrunks/trunck%202.jpg

When I was younger and that my brother forced me to watch "DBZ", I fell for Trunck, he had a sword, could fly and killed off freazer so easily. And of course he had violet hair.

Hazzle
03-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Good choices Michael. The Crow was excellent. Disagree that the comics were inferior, but the sequels were AWFUL.

V's very cool. Comic's better than the film but the film is excellent.

Swordsman
04-08-2006, 01:02 AM
Yeah, V For Vendetta is a cool movie if you don't think about the comic, because the comic just beats the hell out of the movie. I hope the Watchmen movie can live up to the book.

NinjaTurtleRocky
05-08-2006, 11:31 AM
quick! guess!

GoPre
05-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Jack Bauer for the win.

Katielondon
06-08-2006, 02:03 PM

i thought Angel was a much better show than Buffy, i cant place why i liked it so much more it was a bit more adult i guess, and i cant even use the excuse of thinking David Boreanaez is hot what with my sexual preferances the way they are :)

acliff
06-08-2006, 03:06 PM
i thought Angel was a much better show than Buffy, i cant place why i liked it so much more it was a bit more adult i guess, and i cant even use the excuse of thinking David Boreanaez is hot what with my sexual preferances the way they are :)

David Boreanaz is a bit of a girl... always whining about it being too bright, and whats with all those mood swings? Angel here, angelus there...

... :P

I really liked the final series of angel, I felt it was rather good. They finished it before it got long winded like the last series of Buffy.

Hazzle
06-08-2006, 03:14 PM
Liked Angel too. Much better than Buffy. Just about handled right.

Katielondon
06-08-2006, 06:49 PM
David Boreanaz is a bit of a girl... always whining about it being too bright, and whats with all those mood swings? Angel here, angelus there...

... :P

I really liked the final series of angel, I felt it was rather good. They finished it before it got long winded like the last series of Buffy.

i always thought he was better as Angelus, he reminded me a little of Freddy Kruger for some reason-evil with comedy i think, he was also good as Angel because his interactions with people were so clumsy and amusing, i think the first series and the last series were the best, the episode in the last series where they go to Italy is probably the funniest ive seen, i agree they ended it right, i would have liked a more finate ending though-did they survive or not? if so i think they could have gone for 1 more series to show where everyone ended up etc then definatly called it a day.