PDA

View Full Version : Say this or get banned!

acliff
29-07-2006, 06:35 PM
Given that everyone is in a sharing open mood at the moment, I think its time to bring back the legendary KKW audio thread. I'm a fairly modest and humble person, so I won't ask you to say 'Cliff is sexy', but if thats whats on the tip of your tongue, then feel free.

Remember, first post must refer to something we can relate to on this forum, and then any further audio clips can be what you want.

ryan
29-07-2006, 06:37 PM
I have naughty thoughts about Acliff at night

barrington
29-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Good god, the original Cliff Audio Thread was pure gold. I would kick us off, but heading to the pub; ensuring quality drunken babble on my return.

Edit: Cliff completely neglected any instructions whatsoever, so here they are:

Use Windows Sound Recorder (Start > Progs > Accessories > Entertainment) or something of your choice to record yourself saying something relevant.

Ideally convert to MP3.

Link here.
Easy.

Foeni
29-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Right. The sound quality isn't too good, but you should be able to hear it..

Go go go. (http://www.docinsane.com/temp/say%20this.mp3)

Lacy
29-07-2006, 07:42 PM
I don't have anything to say at the moment, but I enjoy listening to accents so keep 'em coming from across the pond :)

iximisspiggyixi
29-07-2006, 08:02 PM
I'll maybe post one later.
I hate my voice, though...I sound like a little girl. In my head I sound ok, but when I hear my voice otherwise, I'm like "WTF?"

deviljet88
30-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Post Count +1 (http://users.bigpond.net.au/deviljet88/diu.mp3)

Hazzle
30-07-2006, 11:54 AM
That was the gayest thing ever.

Funnily enough, you do sound how I imagine Cliff would if he was Australian.

acliff
30-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Post Count +1 (http://users.bigpond.net.au/deviljet88/diu.mp3)

Wtf, my name is being uttered by a chipmunk

Bait
31-07-2006, 07:12 AM
haha jet wtf

i'll make one later

Foeni
02-08-2006, 07:02 AM
I don't have anything to say at the moment, but I enjoy listening to accents so keep 'em coming from across the pond :)
Download Gtalk (http://www.google.com/talk) and PM me, if you're interested in accents... :p

Hazzle
02-08-2006, 07:25 AM
Heh Fo, you such a playa. You even tried to hit on me on gtalk yesterday ;)

Must be my sexy British accent :p

acliff
02-08-2006, 07:33 AM

Haha you're very good at kidding yourself.

Hazzle
02-08-2006, 07:52 AM
Haha you're very good at kidding yourself.

Hence the :p face Cliffeh ;) Tongue-in-cheek.

acliff
02-08-2006, 08:45 AM
Hence the :p face Cliffeh ;) Tongue-in-cheek.

its curious how the smiley you use to express 'tongue in cheek' has the tongue sticking out. I imagine an actual tongue in cheek icon would make it look like it had a cock in your mouth.
An expression you're particularly familiar with.

Foeni
02-08-2006, 09:04 AM
Heh Fo, you such a playa. You even tried to hit on me on gtalk yesterday ;)

How could I do that when you logged off before I made the call? It must be in your dreams..

Hazzle
02-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Heh. I said TRIED. And I didn't log off, bitch, my computer crashed and when I came back you'd gone dead. You cunt.

And yes Cliff, I like cock in my mouth. It's not my fault there's no tongue-in-cheek smiley, and I believe you're familiar with the concept that "tongue-in-cheek" is a phrase, not to be taken literally ;) Quite often when people are being "tongue-in-cheek" they stick their tongue out. I do anyway (cue innuendo).

acliff
11-08-2006, 05:32 PM
So after that post from Haz which I'm sure left a bad taste in his mouth, this thread went dead.

Someone post their recordings, because it will be jokes.
Once I find my microphone, I shall record for your pleasure.

acliff
21-08-2006, 11:10 PM
I've got a shit microphone, its one of those table top ones that used to get bundled with computers back in the day. From the state of it, I probably trapped it in doors one to many times. So apologies for the low volume, crackling and stuff.

runangl
22-08-2006, 04:54 AM
ughhhhh.... can i have sex with your voice...

muwaha ha... ha... ha.

oh man i love accents... well most of them.

so anyways....

pie anyone? =D

Hazzle
22-08-2006, 07:28 AM
Heh, that definitely sounds deeper than usual. I'd accuse you of being a performing seal but the truth is it could actually be that microphone. I shall record something soon. I had been meaning to for a while but I was trying to figure out a way to get it on here without bugging someone to host it. And Cliff just pointed one out to me.

Didn't even notice that .zip was an acceptable filetype for an attachment!

acliff
22-08-2006, 08:52 AM
ughhhhh.... can i have sex with your voice...

Why yes, yes you can.

And Haz, you seem to have a remarkable memory, considering I haven't seen or spoken to you in 2 years. :icon_err: Truth be told, I was speaking quietly because it was at night. Shock.

Hazzle
22-08-2006, 10:26 AM
And Haz, you seem to have a remarkable memory, considering I haven't seen or spoken to you in 2 years. :icon_err:

Yes, yes I do. I remember loads of odd things. And that's bullshit anyway as although we haven't met up in 2 years (has it really been that long?) we spoke on the phone sometime last year. The last time I got banned, when you and I had a few scuffles on the forums. It's not particularly hard to remember how someone sounds anyway.

Truth be told, I was speaking quietly because it was at night. Shock.

Heh. I was pulling your leg anyway. It did sound deeper, but I thought it was the microphone. But the speaking quietly thing is something I can definitely associate with as I get accused of intentionally making my voice deeper whenever I speak on Google Talk at night. Or even the phone. And I'm not, it's just the speaking quietly thing.

acliff
22-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Yes, yes I do. I remember loads of odd things. And that's bullshit anyway as although we haven't met up in 2 years (has it really been that long?) we spoke on the phone sometime last year. The last time I got banned, when you and I had a few scuffles on the forums. It's not particularly hard to remember how someone sounds anyway.

Heh. I was pulling your leg anyway. It did sound deeper, but I thought it was the microphone. But the speaking quietly thing is something I can definitely associate with as I get accused of intentionally making my voice deeper whenever I speak on Google Talk at night. Or even the phone. And I'm not, it's just the speaking quietly thing.

Ah I'd forgotten all about those 'scuffles'
Oh, and whats with your additional bullshit on this thread? Its about people saying things and uploading them. So for the purposes of this thread, type less, but say more.

ryan
22-08-2006, 10:55 AM
i bet haz sounds like a strangled cat

Mandy
22-08-2006, 10:59 AM
i bet haz sounds like a strangled cat

Haz actually sounds quite nice. You'd never know he was a 5'2" bald, angry, scary looking little man.

ryan
22-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Haz actually sounds quite nice. You'd never know he was a 5'2" bald, angry, scary looking little man.

5'2"...id smack my parents in the face if i was that height.

Mandy
22-08-2006, 11:03 AM
5'2"...id smack my parents in the face if i was that height.

Yeah, if you were able to reach their faces. heh.

acliff
22-08-2006, 11:09 AM
Try not to derail this thread, hmm? There may be repercussions that you have not forseen.

Mandy, you have an expensive microphone. Wheres your recording?

Mandy
22-08-2006, 11:18 AM
My expensive microphone is in it's pretty shiny case as I don't have anywhere to set it up. The only things on my computer of myself talking are in really crappy swedish, lol.

acliff
22-08-2006, 11:23 AM
My expensive microphone is in it's pretty shiny case as I don't have anywhere to set it up. The only things on my computer of myself talking are in really crappy swedish, lol.

Do it.

Hazzle
22-08-2006, 07:42 PM
Ah I'd forgotten all about those 'scuffles'

Meh, I don't forget things. But I don't actually care about those scuffles, just remembered speaking to you "recently".

Oh, and whats with your additional bullshit on this thread? Its about people saying things and uploading them. So for the purposes of this thread, type less, but say more.

Done (and hosted thanks to the lovely Mandy. Check out her site).

http://www.alynnmusic.com/audio/Haz.mp3

acliff
22-08-2006, 07:50 PM
You sound like a answering machine. Whats with the strange staccato inflections?

Mandy
22-08-2006, 07:51 PM
yeah, yeah, yeah...what about it?

You all suck....pretty much (http://www.alynnmusic.com/audio/youallsuck.mp3)

Excuse my nasally sounding voice from allergies.

acliff
22-08-2006, 07:53 PM
yeah, yeah, yeah...what about it?

You all suck....pretty much (http://www.alynnmusic.com/audio/youallsuck.mp3)

Excuse my nasally sounding voice from allergies.

They way you say 'shit' is quite cute.

Haz when was 1 year gone, recent?

runangl
22-08-2006, 09:23 PM
hmmm well... i'm really bored.

so i'm going to go digging around for my mic. i'm too indesicive to figure out what to say.... so someone come up with something for me to say.

okay, bye.

acliff
22-08-2006, 09:29 PM
'Hi I'm cara, and I want to have sex with Cliff's voice' seems to fit the bill :P

barrington
22-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Haz actually sounds about 37 times more respectable than I imagined.

Hazzle
22-08-2006, 11:25 PM
You sound like a answering machine. Whats with the strange staccato inflections?

Well for me at least speaking to yourself is unusual. As such it doesn't flow as naturally as I would prefer. Perhaps I should record something now, seeing as I am now inebriated? That said I do have a natural enunciation. It probably comes from public speaking and all that bullshit that I used to do so well, I can't speak into a microphone as I would to someone's face perhaps?

I didn't say recent either. I said "recently". The use of quotes should perhaps have made it clear I realised it wasn't "recent" at all, but rather that it was near enough that I would be flabbergasted if your voice had actually altered in that time.

Mandy: Heh, nice. I agree with Cliff, "shit" sounds almost poetic when you say it. It's like "merde" rather than something as crass as the word "shit".

Cara: I just said what I was going to post as Cliff's a pedantic cunt and wouldn't let me post it with words. Telling Cliff he's sexy will do his ego the world of good though, and heaven knows he needs it ;)

Baz: Thanks, although to be fair, I'm sure your original expectations of my respectability were set reasonably low. With good cause, of course. My coarse prose when posting often hides my education and upbringing. If I actually cared, I'd be sure to rectify that, but the truth is I don't. I wish I cared, but sadly, I'd need a heart.

Digital_Ice
22-08-2006, 11:27 PM
heh, you sound so camp haz.

Hazzle
22-08-2006, 11:29 PM
Bite me you homophobic cunt.

Anyone would think I didn't ACT camp. You lot are cunting surprised?!

ryan
23-08-2006, 12:30 AM
Haz actually sounds about 37 times more respectable than I imagined.

i just laughed

Mandy
23-08-2006, 01:02 AM
heh, you sound so camp haz.

Sorry for my non-britishness...what exactly does "sounding camp" mean?

Digital_Ice
23-08-2006, 01:04 AM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=camp

Mandy
23-08-2006, 01:09 AM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=camp

Ohh. Yeah. Haz and his lifelong camp trip.

Jacoby
23-08-2006, 03:09 AM
Hmmm, guess my zipped file was too big. It won't add it to the message as an attachment. It says it's trying, but it never finishes.

acliff
23-08-2006, 07:08 AM
Bite me you homophobic cunt.

Anyone would think I didn't ACT camp. You lot are cunting surprised?!

I think we got Hazzy boy a touch wound up.
Didn't you know his idol was George Michael?

Hazzle
23-08-2006, 07:46 AM
i just laughed

Simple pleasures for simple minds Ryan old boy ;)

I think we got Hazzy boy a touch wound up.
Didn't you know his idol was George Michael?

And I'm not wound up. Nor was I. Ice knows, as we had a good laugh about that post last night on MSN. Before I e-raped him.

And it's Elton John you bastard. George Michael's not camp so much as gay.

deviljet88
23-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Can you record something of you shouting coherent sentences Haz? Just wondering how that cool voice of yours goes if it's not just speaking above a whisper. About the camp comments, one spot I thought camp but otherwise, just your regular Pom... no?

acliff
23-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Mmkay, I'm going to start pruning any excess verbose bullshit in text form.
Any vocalised verbose bullshit is A-ok.

And Haz, you sound different to how I remember. It has of course been a whileand I'll be the first to admit that my memory for voices is shit. From what I remember your voice always had an edge of urgency and madness in it, but I could be wrong.
The joys of prepared speech :)

Hazzle
23-08-2006, 11:00 PM
To be fair Cliff, it would help if you lead by example, rather than commenting on how my voice sounds and then not allowing me a proper right of reply ;).

I didn't prepare a speech, I don't um and err when I have a prepared speech. I merely said what I would've posted in response to several posts that were put up. And the urgency and madness, as I said on IRC last night actually, have been greatly moderated from my speech. Presumably a mixture of being less hyperactive and having had a job where my voice was important created this result, but the end product is that my voice has definitely altered and calmed down.

Jet: Shouting at myself doesn't appeal, largely as I'm not crazy. Not sure I could bring myself to do it without feeling self-conscious which will inevitably affect any recording. I wasn't actually particularly speaking quietly, as it was early in the day and I was merely speaking freely as I normally do.

Incidentally I actually saved this post as a word document and posted it several times to point out just how hypocritical our favourite mod Cliff actually is, what with having only one voice clip and several verbose text-based posts ;). And to appease the fascist leaders, a voice clip:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2od2eh

acliff
23-08-2006, 11:38 PM
^^ Spot the difference

EmotionSickness
24-08-2006, 12:42 AM
...yeah. (http://www.sendspace.com/file/hzn4zv)

Hazzle
24-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Aww, that's a nice clip. Cliff'll probably delete this message to enjoy it while you can ;)

deviljet88
24-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Please endeavour to record while drunk! Oh and nice laugh/giggle ES.

acliff
24-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Please endeavour to record while drunk! Oh and nice laugh/giggle ES.

I'm so going to add that clause in the instructions at the beginning.

Jacoby, try to convert the clip to MP3, Wav files are huge and inconvenient.

And ES, I'll listen to your recording when I get home from work.

Haz, comments are fine, just not excessively long responses where you try and explain and validate everything under the sun to every single person in the thread who has posted above you.

Oh, I realise that I'm doing pretty much what I'm telling you not to do, but thats because I'm a hypocrite. At least I'm aware of the fact. :)

Hazzle
24-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Jacoby, try to convert the clip to MP3, Wav files are huge and inconvenient.

Actually my first .mp3 was too big when zipped too. So it may depend on length.

Oh, I realise that I'm doing pretty much what I'm telling you not to do, but thats because I'm a hypocrite. At least I'm aware of the fact. :)

Heh. Jolly good, self-awareness is good ;)

acliff
25-08-2006, 08:08 AM
As people are having difficulty coming up with something to say, which can be the only reason why they are not participating, I have created a template for you to follow.

"Hi I'm ****, saying like to KKW. I don't know what shit I should say, so I'll just copy Cliff's approved message. He is the fucking greatest. So, thats it I suppose, Baii"

**** is obviously your name, real or forum, or both.
Pretty much follow the script word for word, as this will make a good swearing comparison. Remember people how you swear is the window to your soul. If you want to deviate, then thats ok too, just keep in the essential elements: 'your name, kkw, shit, Cliff is the fucking greatest'

mehrdad368
25-08-2006, 01:03 PM
Surely.

Digital_Ice
25-08-2006, 07:55 PM
"just waste your time here babies" ?!?!!??!

wtf?

please tell me i misheard that.

Foeni
25-08-2006, 09:21 PM
w...t...f... meathead?

Mandy
25-08-2006, 09:25 PM
ROFLMAO. You sound just like Fez from That 70's Show, only he made more sense.

deviljet88
25-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Duuude, should've recorded some more. Original enough a message though I guess.

Lacy
26-08-2006, 02:46 AM
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7ot45f (http://www.sendspace.com/file/7ot45f)Boring, I know.

ryan
26-08-2006, 02:50 AM
lmao

you said ya'll

you're a texan alright

runangl
26-08-2006, 06:12 AM
i say ya'll. and i'm a californian.

then again... i say "dude" and "like" a lot more than most people.

oh... and here: clicky (http://www.sendspace.com/file/th4xtz) it's rather shit tho, sorry.

Mandy
26-08-2006, 06:45 AM
Hahaha doubya....you rock. Isn't it the worst thing thinking of something to say?

deviljet88
26-08-2006, 10:47 AM
What's 'Pit'?

Hazzle
26-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Heh, Cara sounds so typically Californian and Lacy sounds typically texan. It's not even "y'all" it's the way she says "microphone".

Lacy
26-08-2006, 08:34 PM
This question may seem completely idiotic, but do Americans really have an accent? Like, everyone tells me oh we have an accent you just can't hear it because it's yours, but while I was in England my voice felt so completely boring and everyone else's was so exciting, and I just can't see how we can have any accent at all because it's just so bland....bleh.

Foeni
26-08-2006, 09:29 PM
An accent is merely the way you speak.

http://www.google.dk/search?hl=da&q=define%3A+accent&meta=

Hazzle
26-08-2006, 10:05 PM
Yes, Americans do have an accent. And yours is strong. Hardly call it bland or boring either. Southern accents are cool. Texans rock.

Mandy
26-08-2006, 10:17 PM
This question may seem completely idiotic, but do Americans really have an accent? Like, everyone tells me oh we have an accent you just can't hear it because it's yours, but while I was in England my voice felt so completely boring and everyone else's was so exciting, and I just can't see how we can have any accent at all because it's just so bland....bleh.

Everyone has an accent.

And you only sound southern at all to me when you said "y'all" so you don't actually have a southern accent.

Lacy
26-08-2006, 11:58 PM
Hell Yeah Texans rock :)

acliff
27-08-2006, 02:48 AM
Hell Yeah Texans rock :)

There are obviously a few exceptions.

Immortal
27-08-2006, 11:34 AM
:O No mic

mehrdad368
27-08-2006, 12:46 PM
My accent is ..............
a)good b)bad c)sometimes d)Q=m.c.delta.teta e)-b/2a

deviljet88
27-08-2006, 02:37 PM
e) -b/2a where x < 0.

Hazzle
27-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Heh Cliff. If you mean Bush he's not a Texan ;)

Everyone has an accent.

And you only sound southern at all to me when you said "y'all" so you don't actually have a southern accent.

Heh. Actually "microphooowwwn" gave it away ;)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q7w28n

Mandy
27-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Doesn't count when the accent is forced. I could easily fake a southern accent.

You sound like a women when you cuss, btw.

Hazzle
27-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Probably because I'm not ACTUALLY angry ;)

Although I sound like a woman at the best of times. You still would though.

runangl
27-08-2006, 11:50 PM
hmmmmm.... yes indeed.

yah i dunno.

funny you think i sound like a californian from that clip. trust me, that's nothing. you should hear me in full "beach bum" mode.

Mandy
01-10-2007, 06:35 AM
Bump!

http://www.zshare.net/audio/3947185dcc6e71/

Digital_Ice
01-10-2007, 01:31 PM
if you bump this thread, you can guarantee that bazzle will make the word "fuck" compulsory. lol. :p

Hazzle
01-10-2007, 05:55 PM
if you bump this thread, you can guarantee that bazzle will make the word "fuck" compulsory. lol. :p

Sounds like a great rule. And no, I'm not recording a new clip because I can't find my mic.

Digital_Ice
01-10-2007, 09:33 PM
i'm pretty certain bazzle wont find your fucking half as interesting as mandy's.

and yes, that was deliberatly phrased.

Hazzle
02-10-2007, 11:19 AM
i'm pretty certain bazzle wont find your fucking half as interesting as mandy's.

and yes, that was deliberatly phrased.

No shit, sherlock. I'd be worried if he did. The refusal to put up a clip was not aimed at Baz ;).