PDA

View Full Version : Holy Shiz-nit!

hasselbrad
27-07-2006, 06:07 PM
Lightning strike! (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=397795&in_page_id=1770)

Yikes! Do y'all normally have a lot of lightning in England or is this a one in a million shot?

duckula
27-07-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm currently sat right in the middle of an ongoing thunderstorm.

hasselbrad
27-07-2006, 07:28 PM
I'm currently sat right in the middle of an ongoing thunderstorm.

Small world...me too. It literally looks like it's night right now. It's 3:30 PM.
I'm hoping lightning will strike this God-forsaken hell-hole and burn the place down.

acliff
27-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Apparently some guy's house in Southampton (where my uni is) got struck by lightning, and his roof came down while he was sleeping.

Says something about builders down there...

barrington
27-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Scaree.
We've had some kickass storms in the last few days - last night's disabled my broadband for a good few hours.

Hasselbrad - make the topic title relevant next time! You should know better sir!

Hazzle
27-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Thunderstorms this afternoon and yesterday afternoon I believe. Hat-trick tomorrow?

hasselbrad
27-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Sonofabitch! It doesn't allow title change?!?!
Tampa is the lightning capital of the world, so it usually doesn't faze me, but I've had a few strikes so close, I could see tiny little sparks around the main bolt.

frodo1511
28-07-2006, 01:00 AM
I was on the phone with Dell today during a t-storm. I was rather nervous that lightning would strike something to make the power go out, since it was cordless and when the power's out, it won't work...

Actually, last monday, a couple people on base got really badly burned doing maintenance on a generator. Power went out on the base for an hour, and I was caught inside the gym with the lights out. I swear, that was the scariest situation I've been in in a long time...