PDA

View Full Version : those bloody christians...

Digital_Ice
24-07-2006, 09:00 PM
...poluting our atmosphere. shame on them. :p

FLYING abroad on holiday and driving gas-guzzling cars have been branded SINS by one of Britain’s top bishops.

The Rt Rev Richard Chartres — the third most senior bishop in the Church of England — called tourists “selfish” for making global warming worse.

He said Christians had a moral DUTY to lead green lifestyles and added: “Making selfish choices, such as flying on holiday or buying a large car, are a symptom of sin.

“There is now an overriding imperative to walk more lightly upon the earth and we need to make lifestyle decisions in that light.”

Mr Chartres, the Bishop of London, added: “Sin is not just a list of moral mistakes. It is living a life turned in on itself where people ignore the consequences of their actions.”

He spoke out as the Church prepares to publish a booklet telling Christians to walk or cycle to cut pollution.

Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams said: “We make moral choices over our sex life and domestic affairs. The environment is no exception.”

[The Sun - 24/07/06]

heh, i know its not much of a thread. hence it being in here. but i thought id share.

Foeni
25-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Let's shut down all churches, thus using less electricity and polluting less.

Liam
25-07-2006, 02:17 PM
I have a better idea.

Lets shut down all supermarkets and put self-important shelf stackers out of a job. :icon_razz

Digital_Ice
25-07-2006, 03:21 PM
HAA! sorry... i don't know why i found that comment so funny. poor fo.

barrington
25-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Or replace aircraft with gigantic Triremes. Then assemble hoardes of Christians to row them across the seas. This kills two birds with one stone; zero fuel emissions for the transport AND the christians get regular hard labour for their sins. You can't lose.

Foeni
25-07-2006, 03:58 PM
I have a better idea.

Lets shut down all supermarkets and put self-important shelf stackers out of a job. :icon_razz
Why, thank you Liam. For some reason I actually caught myself laughing at that comment :icon_err: