PDA

View Full Version : "Top 10 Cities to Find Rich, Single Men", According to AIM

alby
17-07-2004, 06:15 AM
Top 10 Cities to Find Rich, Single Men
By Cathryn Conroy

Ladies, whether you're looking for your soul mate or just want a great Saturday night date, we've got exactly what you need: a listing of the top 10 U.S. cities based on the number of available, single, rich men.

And the No. 1 city is the San Francisco Bay area

The survey, conducted by Teasley, a Manhattan-based company that specializes in helping marketers and advertising agencies use data and analysis to improve their marketing, is based on information from the United States Census. The rankings were derived using statistical analysis and incorporated various wealth and cost-of-living factors, as well as data about available single males and females. Cities that scored high in the rankings have high single-male to single-female ratios and higher income to cost-of-living ratios.

So here they are, ladies. The top 10 U.S. cities in which to find a rich, single man:

1. San Francisco Bay area, including Oakland and San Jose
2. Anchorage, Alaska
3. Washington D.C. and Baltimore, Maryland area
4. Sheboygan, Wisconsin
5. Naples, Florida
6. Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota
7. Rochester, Minnesota
8. Boston, Massachusetts
9. Fort Walton Beach, Florida
10. Dallas, Texas

(Survey: February 2004)

----------------------------------------

I thought that was pretty amusing to read. Good to see my town at the top of the list.

Richard
17-07-2004, 06:21 AM
Why isn't Long Beach on that list?

We don't have a lot of riches, but I'm sure some of us are still single men.

DragonRat
17-07-2004, 06:29 AM
I guess I should start shopping around for golddiggers, huh?

Pinkfairy
17-07-2004, 06:39 AM
Figures Louisiana wouldn't be on the list. Strange since single men are everywhere during Mardi Gras.

DragonRat
17-07-2004, 06:53 AM
I doubt they're that rich anyway. Mostly college guys looking for the "Girls Gone Wild" van.

Pinkfairy
17-07-2004, 07:22 AM
No, they're not rich. The numerous guys who wind up there just happen to forget that they have girlfriends, so throughout mardi gras they are all rich single men. Funny, since most of them end up throwing up in the street next to a sea of strangers...

Glare
17-07-2004, 07:49 AM
Brisbane, Australia :p

DragonRat
17-07-2004, 08:07 AM
Simple question that might have a complex answer: why would rich, single men live in Sheboygan, Wisconsin?

Wake
17-07-2004, 09:52 AM
Simple question that might have a complex answer: why would rich, single men live in Sheboygan, Wisconsin?

They like cheese?

Jacoby
17-07-2004, 06:40 PM
It's fun to say the name. Us rich men get a kick out of it....

Rochester's up there! Woot! Even if it's in a different state, I don't care. I like how the article doesn't say 'nice' or 'young' men. Just men. Late 70's, don't know what to do with their money so their rich and they never bothered getting married. Go get em ladies!

Sarah
17-07-2004, 07:18 PM
I don't want a rich man. Just a man to love me. If I have to live in a cardboard box, I don't care.

But money is good, though.

Ardnax
17-07-2004, 07:28 PM
Is anybody here rich, single and in my age? I just wonder...

Sarah
17-07-2004, 07:33 PM
Well I'm rich, single, but a girl. Sorry. lol :p

Ardnax
17-07-2004, 07:44 PM
Well I'm rich, single, but a girl. Sorry. lol :p
ok, so you're not bi or lesbian? :(

Sarah
17-07-2004, 07:52 PM
ok, so you're not bi or lesbian? :(

straighter than straight.

But lets get back on topic.

alby
17-07-2004, 09:57 PM
I guess I should start shopping around for golddiggers, huh?

Sure you can. Only you'll be the opposite of Senator John Kerry.

Raer
17-07-2004, 10:12 PM
Y the hell isn't Las Vegas up there?
If u can't find a rich single guy in Vegas u should b shot!

Kelsey
18-07-2004, 06:49 AM
Not surprised to see San Fran on the top of the list, since it costs an arm and a leg to live around here. Boston, Dallas, and Washington don't surprise me either. My brother lives in Minneapolis. I'm surprised L.A. isn't up there, and really surprised Wisconsin is....I mean, Wisconsin?

And Raer, please cut down on the netspeak. Thanks.

alby
18-07-2004, 01:24 PM
Not surprised to see San Fran on the top of the list, since it costs an arm and a leg to live around here. Boston, Dallas, and Washington don't surprise me either. My brother lives in Minneapolis. I'm surprised L.A. isn't up there, and really surprised Wisconsin is....I mean, Wisconsin?

And Raer, please cut down on the netspeak. Thanks.

There's a lot more recent immigrants in LA because LA is one of the great US gateway cities so that could undercut the average wealth so to speak. Westwood (UCLA) was pretty nice. Last I was there, all the kids drive better cars than the tenured professors.

gracie
18-07-2004, 03:28 PM
cant you just see all these sad single women in their thirties reading that list and trying to plan their next move. sad

Mags
18-07-2004, 07:57 PM
Let's just hope they don't actually believe that list. I've lived in DC and Dallas for more than 5 years and there actually would appear to be a shortage of available,rich, single men.

That list is some crap.