PDA

View Full Version : I'm so hot.

acliff
18-07-2006, 03:41 PM
37 degrees.

Despite being a Londoner, apparently thats an actually hot temperature.
Whats the weather like where you are?

duckula
18-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Appalling. Tomorrow is going to be even worse apparently. Joy.

calereneau
18-07-2006, 03:58 PM
98 deg. Farenheit

That's how it is here.

Foeni
18-07-2006, 04:04 PM
In the middle of the day, a bit colder. Around 30 degrees.

Lacy
18-07-2006, 04:21 PM
It's about 39 degrees here in Texas, and this is just the begining.

hasselbrad
18-07-2006, 04:22 PM
http://www.baynews9.com/images/wx/24HR.JPG

iximisspiggyixi
18-07-2006, 04:29 PM
High of 99 today in NYC. Which is really unfortunate, because the city is disgusting when it's hot and humid outside.

hasselbrad
18-07-2006, 04:42 PM
High of 99 today in NYC. Which is really unfortunate, because the city is disgusting when it's hot and humid outside.
It doesn't have to be hot and humid for NYC to be disgusting. :p

barrington
18-07-2006, 05:16 PM
I always found Forum weather whinges entertaining. It's another online equivalent of willie-waving. Typically finishes with Americans calling the Europeans pussies because we complain when it gets above 30'C.

What the Americans tend to forget is that they go from air conditioned house to air conditioned car to air conditioned office to air conditioned restaurant to air conditioned car back to air conditioned home.

In Europe we might have a desk fan if lucky.

Digital_Ice
18-07-2006, 06:08 PM
35°C.... add to that the fact im in the hottest room in the house... with 3 pcs running....

im glad AMDs have a high die temperature. although my sky+ box just overheated and shut off.

bazzle? what is this desk fan of which you speak? is it this thing i have blowing into my open pc case? (oh god im such a geek)

at work, i work next to a window... in direct sunlight. without a chair... or even a fan. i swear thats an illegal work environment.

iximisspiggyixi
18-07-2006, 06:12 PM
It doesn't have to be hot and humid for NYC to be disgusting. :p

Eh, I disagree. I love the city in the winter. In summer the trash is all dirty and smelly and everywhere, which is not the case during the other months as much.

Nella
18-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Apparently tomorrow is going to be the hottest day for a hundred years...great(!)

Oh well, at least I don't have to be at school anymore like my brother!

Lacy
18-07-2006, 06:41 PM
I always found Forum weather whinges entertaining. It's another online equivalent of willie-waving. Typically finishes with Americans calling the Europeans pussies because we complain when it gets above 30'C.

What the Americans tend to forget is that they go from air conditioned house to air conditioned car to air conditioned office to air conditioned restaurant to air conditioned car back to air conditioned home.

I have to agree, I live in Texas so it is extremely hot (this is our fourth day in a row about 100 degrees f) but I was recently in Europe for 3 weeks and I was even more miserable over there. There is no AC anywhere, except maybe the hotel rooms (and even then it shuts off from midnight to 8am). All that said, I still loved Europe (especially London) and I plan on moving there as soon as I graduate :)

hasselbrad
18-07-2006, 06:52 PM

Barbaric!
Actually, the only thing I like about living in Tampa (besides the proximity to Disney) is the weather. It's never been 100*F here. It's hotter in pretty much everywhere in the summer than it is here.

Jacoby
18-07-2006, 06:53 PM

HA! My house gets up to 90 every night for the past two weeks and my fan sucks. I wish we had A/C. I don't use any type of a/c in the car, I just roll down the front seat windows. My work is air conditioned, though, I won't lie about that.

Maybe I'm a minority here, but we all don't have that luxury.

hasselbrad
18-07-2006, 06:59 PM
HA! My house gets up to 90 every night for the past two weeks and my fan sucks. I wish we had A/C. I don't use any type of a/c in the car, I just roll down the front seat windows. My work is air conditioned, though, I won't lie about that.

Maybe I'm a minority here, but we all don't have that luxury.

You're not. There are a lot of people up North and along the Pacific coast who don't have A/C. My aunt lives in the San Francisco area, and she is one of the only people who has A/C. She didn't when I was seven and we were visiting during a record heat wave. We went to her future-husband Stan's house 'cause he did. Now, she lives in that house. It was so hot back then, the cable cars couldn't run because the cables were swelling from the heat.

Digital_Ice
18-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Apparently tomorrow is going to be the hottest day for a hundred years...great(!)

i will be walking to work at 12 midday tomorrow... oh fantastic!!! :icon_err: :icon_err:

barrington
18-07-2006, 07:16 PM
I'll be topping up the tan for a fourth day in a row.

Liam
18-07-2006, 07:19 PM

And everyone seems to forget that out here, the majority of houses still dont have air conditioning.

Therefore, you are all babies. :p

DanMan
18-07-2006, 07:32 PM
98 Degrees Farenheit in Indiana and combined with 74% humidity
makes it worse. I work in a factory where we mold fiberglass body panels
for the Corvette, Viper, XLR, etc. Its typically 17 degrees or so hotter inside
the factory from all the Molding presses that have to be kept at 300 to 320
degrees. How would you like to run one of those on a day like today?:icon_mad:

jeff--
18-07-2006, 07:53 PM
It's about 90 F here in Michigan. Yesterday I had football practice on the artificial turf field, it was over 100 on that field.

acliff
18-07-2006, 08:00 PM
The bus I was one had sort of air conditioning. Which was nice. What wasn't nice was that it wasn't working properly, the bus was absolutely packed, and there were smelly people sitting in front of me. It felt like 45-50 degrees... hellish.

And now that I've just gone for a run, I'm overheating like a mofo.
My metabolism seems to be ultra high at the moment, I need to drink ice cold water all throughout the day so as to not lose energy.

Steve84
18-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Currently i'm sweating like a damn pig. Gonna go bed soon, with no bed duvets etc, and a fan blowing on me full blast

39 to 41°C In london tomorrow folks.

Thankfully i work in an air conditioned office in canary wharf!

Renegade
18-07-2006, 10:07 PM
It's about 93 degrees right now in LA. I have to settle with an open window and a rusty 15 year old electric fan. There's a/c in my parent's room... which used to be my room! DAMMIT, why'd I switch! I don't stay outside much. The heat makes me sleepy.

Jacoby
18-07-2006, 10:27 PM
37 degrees.

Wait, what is that in real-people degrees?

Bait
19-07-2006, 12:26 AM
Partly Cloudy
Heat Index: 101 °
Wind: SSE 6 mph
Dew point: 55 °
Humidity: 20%
Visibility: 10.0 miles

but in my house its around 75

friday 105, saturday 108...

but like you said air conditioned house, air conditioned car, air conditioned gym... i'm set

i wish i was at our other house... 75-80 degrees there and so close to the beach

runangl
19-07-2006, 02:44 AM
heat wasn't too bad today, 98F / 37C

but humidity was 43% due to upcoming thunderstorms.

... not so great, not altogether horrible. it'll get up to 120F sometime soon.

Scott
19-07-2006, 06:00 AM
I'm freezing my ass off at the moment. Been about 13-15C for the last week or so.

acliff
19-07-2006, 06:55 AM
Wait, what is that in real-people degrees?

... educated people use celsius. To all you fahrenheit users out there, 0 degrees celcius is freezing, 100 degrees celcius is boiling, 37 degrees is body temperature, and if I sound patronising, its because thats my intention.

98.6 degrees fahrenheit = 37 celsius

Today = 39-41 degrees celsius = 102 - 106 degrees fahrenheit

Hazzle
19-07-2006, 08:06 AM
And everyone seems to forget that out here, the majority of houses still dont have air conditioning.

Therefore, you are all babies. :p

Yeah, but you winge when it gets below 15 :p

You in London or Soton Cliffeh? Right now it's only 21 in London. Although it's bound to get hotter as the day continues, and the prediction is for it to go above 40 which would be a British record.

Apparently yesterday's 37 (I believe it was even 38 in some parts of London) was a record too, previous high was 36. I missed that summer too (2003) as I was in New York at the time, where it was pissing down with rain.

deviljet88
19-07-2006, 09:09 AM
13 C or 55.4 F... Vv cold, but it could be worse ^^

kingdumbass
19-07-2006, 09:33 AM
It's about 90 F here in Michigan. Yesterday I had football practice on the artificial turf field, it was over 100 on that field.

Indeed, it's hot as hell....
And the goddamn air conditioner in my apartment is broken. Fuckin'-A.

Hazzle
19-07-2006, 10:20 AM
13 C or 55.4 F... Vv cold, but it could be worse ^^

Bloody hell that's not cold! That's a pretty average spring day over here.

Liam
19-07-2006, 10:23 AM

Thats a lie :P

I wandered around Amsterdam in shorts and a t-shirt when it was 8 degrees and not once did I complain. Until I had fake snow put down my shirt.

Hazzle
19-07-2006, 10:51 AM
I didn't mean you particularly, I meant Aussies :p Read Jet and Scotty's posts ;)

Just heard this, not sure if it's true:

Council gritters are on stand-by to stop roads melting in the sweltering conditions.

Predicted temperatures are so high that bitumen surfaces may become viscous and stick to vehicles. This could cause damage to both roads and cars.

Gritters, instead of spreading salt on icy roads, are spreading crushed rock dust to stop the heat destroying the tarmac.

Don't worry, I'm sure the more geeky of you will get one of these (http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/usb-air-conditioned-shirt-181614.php)

deviljet88
19-07-2006, 12:02 PM
I didn't mean you particularly, I meant Aussies :p Read Jet and Scotty's posts ;)

Asian descent, I refuse to be part of your generalisations :P That USB shirt looks so silly, I'd much prefer a USB operated small desk fan.

hasselbrad
19-07-2006, 01:08 PM

ryan
19-07-2006, 01:59 PM
you english cunts should skimp on spending however many pounds at the pub once in a while and buy a damned AC unit, then.

ryan
19-07-2006, 02:01 PM
its gonna be about 94F here today in SW ohio...and well over 90% humidity.

Hazzle
19-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Air conditioning is a lot more expensive in the UK than in the US, and relatively unnecessary given how few months of heat we actually get. You guys really should remember that generally cost of living is higher here than over there and we get paid less, taxed more etc.

Anyway common sense would suggest spending more money on alcohol (to warm us up on those cold winter nights) makes more sense given how much cold we get and how miserable it is here.

It's also horribly bad for you. It dries the air so you're more likely to have respiratory problems. A lot of Americans don't know this.

mehrdad368
19-07-2006, 04:57 PM
37 degree's here.It'll be hot tomorrow with low humidity.Sign of desert But with air conditioner it's good.Here you have 2 take shower when u arrive home.

acliff
19-07-2006, 05:55 PM

You in London or Soton Cliffeh? Right now it's only 21 in London. Although it's bound to get hotter as the day continues, and the prediction is for it to go above 40 which would be a British record.

Apparently yesterday's 37 (I believe it was even 38 in some parts of London) was a record too, previous high was 36. I missed that summer too (2003) as I was in New York at the time, where it was pissing down with rain.

I'm in London, Putney to be exact, and it was absolutely scorching. In the blazing sunshine, I felt like I was burning, but thankfully there was quite a strong breeze, which made being in the shade bliss. (especially in an office without air conditioning)

Hazzle
19-07-2006, 09:52 PM
Yeah, got hotter as the day went on. Still, I never really mind the heat so much.

Will admit I prefer cold over heat though. Now rain...rain I hate.

Digital_Ice
19-07-2006, 10:15 PM
im about to complain to sky....

i dont pay £50 a month to only be able to use my sky+ box during the winter... as soon as it gets the slightest bit warm the box overheats and it wont turn on.

fecking thing.

anyone else having sky+ problems due to the heat?

Hazzle
19-07-2006, 11:47 PM
Nope. My box works fine. In the rain it can fuck up but the heat is all good.

My computer on the other hand...

Katielondon
20-07-2006, 12:20 AM

hes right, i have an air conditioned house and car and im quite happy with the weather until i step out of either.

I'm in London, Putney to be exact, and it was absolutely scorching. In the blazing sunshine, I felt like I was burning, but thankfully there was quite a strong breeze, which made being in the shade bliss. (especially in an office without air conditioning)
Putney, were practiclly neighbours well 15 mins away :)

murdoch88
20-07-2006, 06:28 AM
it clocked in at a steamy 109 F here today

acliff
20-07-2006, 07:25 AM
Putney, were practiclly neighbours well 15 mins away :)

Putney is where I work at the moment I'm afraid, I sleep in Richmond.
But being so close, you should probably make your presence known at the wtfkkwbbq when it happens sometime later this year.

hasselbrad
20-07-2006, 12:42 PM

Anyone notice a pattern? 90...91...90.
There's a weatherman that does a three degree guarantee. Wow...way to go out on a limb there. from 87/88-93/94 is quite a large window when you're talking about weather here in the summer.

Katielondon
20-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Putney is where I work at the mument I'm afraid, I sleep in Richmond.
But being so close, you should probably make your presence known at the wtfkkwbbq when it happens sometime later this year.

i live in Kensington, however i go to Richmond fairly often as i have a friend who lives there and i like shopping in Matches too

Digital_Ice
20-07-2006, 01:43 PM
There's a weatherman that does a three degree guarantee.

what does he do if he's wrong? buy you a beer?

hasselbrad
20-07-2006, 02:35 PM
what does he do if he's wrong? buy you a beer?
Guillotine.

Christiano
20-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Here where I live it's 23ºC (73ºF).

DefyingGravity
20-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Once when I was 10 and living in Oklahoma, it got up to 45.6ºC/114ºF. Everyone was freaking out. They even kept us inside and cancelled recess. :(

iximisspiggyixi
20-07-2006, 06:46 PM
The other day when my friend and I were driving into the city in his convertable, the temp was 110 degrees. Ouch.

Hazzle
20-07-2006, 06:54 PM
Katie...be sure to attend the BBQ. I don't think a specific location has been planned but somewhere in London seems most likely. We need more female attendance.

Foeni
20-07-2006, 07:29 PM
We also need to plan time and place.

We don't have air condition where I work, so quite a large bit of our chocolate bars could be consumed from a cup as hot chokolate. Just by walking in the store you get all sweaty... I should be home in the swimming pool instead of at work.

Digital_Ice
20-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Katie...be sure to attend the BBQ. I don't think a specific location has been planned but somewhere in London seems most likely. We need more female attendance.

heh, she might be in the US then... i've already tried to convince her.

acliff
20-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Holy crap, you guys are desperate.

runangl
20-07-2006, 09:55 PM
can i just say that the first time i read the thread title "I'm so hot" i immediately thought...

why yes, yes you are.

and cliff, it does appear that way doesn't it =P

Digital_Ice
20-07-2006, 09:59 PM
heh, i was going to make a joke like that... but then i realise it would sound a little on the gay side...

acliff
20-07-2006, 10:05 PM
can i just say that the first time i read the thread title "I'm so hot" i immediately thought...

why yes, yes you are.

and cliff, it does appear that way doesn't it =P

Would you believe me if I said that was not my intention?

runangl
20-07-2006, 11:15 PM
no... not really. =P

acliff
20-07-2006, 11:19 PM
no... not really. =P

Thats my attempt at modesty exhausted then.

Hazzle
21-07-2006, 12:55 AM
She's a smart girl that Cara.

And Katie's gay so no, I'm not desperate. You were the one bleating about a lack of females likely to attend (probably because you'll have noone to discuss moisturiser and fashion with). You're not sexually attracted to females so what do you care?

acliff
21-07-2006, 07:26 AM
She's a smart girl that Cara.

And Katie's gay so no, I'm not desperate. You were the one bleating about a lack of females likely to attend (probably because you'll have noone to discuss moisturiser and fashion with). You're not sexually attracted to females so what do you care?

I was bleating? That was the sheep.

Has anyone noticed that Haz calls people gay as if its a bad thing. Now if he started spouting his hurtful words to someone who wasn't straight, then he'd be a fringe homophobe. Thats something to think about (as are the reasons why he does it)

Hazzle
21-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Did I say it was a bad thing? I merely stated the fact that you're not attracted to females. They're not "hurtful words", and you seem to be implying that I'm saying them to someone who's straight. The reasons why I call a spade a spade would probably come down to the fact I'm honest ;)

I didn't imply it was a bad thing. You added that all by yourself. There's no need to be ashamed of who you are. Embrace your homosexuality, I don't judge you for it.

acliff
21-07-2006, 03:09 PM
Forgive the cliche, but Haz, you're beginning to sound like a broken record. You keep reusing the same material. Now you're going to say something like 'who needs originality when my words are true'. And when you run out of your 'tried and tested' comments and insults, you just agree with the poster above you.

'Yeah, what Cliff/Ducky/Ice/Hasslebrad/Baz/Poggs/etc said'

Ring any bells?

It reminds me of the tiny malformed pikey who pops out from behind his larger mates, shakes his fist and goes 'yeah blud', stoking the fire, because he's incapable of any measurable reaction. Except maybe pity.

Hazzle
21-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Yes Cliff it does sound familiar. Because I never start threads about current affairs or get into discussions stating my own opinion. On the odd occassion I do give my opinion on such topics as, say, legalising possession of child pornography, I just go along with what everyone else says. I've never had a mind of my own.

Thank you for making me see the light. I shall try my best to give opinions now instead of slagging off/hitting on members now. I shall use your fine example to teach me how to do that. I realise now that when another poster makes a good comment, instead of agreeing with them, I should disagree with them merely as a matter of principle so that what I post is fresh and original.

And yes, it was me throwing around insults. I called you desperate, didn't I? ;)

You also seem mightily defensive when all I did was say you wanted girls around to talk about moisturiser and fashion with. Any suggestion you were gay was merely ancillary.

duckula
21-07-2006, 06:10 PM
You should both know better than this, back on topic.

Also, today was hot.

Foeni
21-07-2006, 08:30 PM
It was disgusting being at work today. My t-shirt was all wet. The humidity was high as well which made it feel even hotter.

hasselbrad
21-07-2006, 08:35 PM
It's exactly the same here...90ish...60%ish humidity...supposed to rain.

Hazzle
21-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Yesterday was the worst. Was in The Armoury, the new Arsenal store at the new stadium, for 3 hours, most of which was in the queues, and absolutely no air-con. Was like a sauna, especially in the shirt-printing area by the presses.

Today's been bad. I hope tomorrow's not too warm for the game, but then I equally don't want it to piss down. Which means that it almost certainly will.

On a closely related note: dehydrating heat + alcohol - water = unwise.

acliff
21-07-2006, 11:37 PM
I got a haircut today almost entirely for the reason that it was scorching hot, I was getting fed up with waiting for the bus, and nothing seemed better than sitting down being fed decent coffee while relaxing in a fully air conditioned salon. However, after the haircut, I was hotter than I was before. Crazy.

runangl
22-07-2006, 12:22 AM
Yesterday was the worst. Was in The Armoury, the new Arsenal store at the new stadium, for 3 hours, most of which was in the queues, and absolutely no air-con. Was like a sauna, especially in the shirt-printing area by the presses.
oh please don't tell me you're an arsenal fan. i've been a man u fan my whole life, my dad was a fan growing up in singapore. one of my best friends on my old high school team is an arsenal fan. lets just say its a pretty heated discussion when we get into it haha

sidenote:

Weather for Redlands, CA
106°F
Scattered Clouds
Wind: W at 15 mph
Humidity: 22%

yay for 5PM weather over 100F!

Hazzle
22-07-2006, 12:43 AM
oh please don't tell me you're an arsenal fan. i've been a man u fan my whole life, my dad was a fan growing up in singapore

SCUM! Bunch of cheating cunts. From Rio Ferdinand, the most overrated defender on the planet, to Cristiano "Swan Dive" Ronaldo, to the Scouse Neanderthal who loves eating pies almost as much as he loves shagging grannies.

Proud to support the classiest team in the country by a mile :D

Oh, and our stadium's better than yours ;) And your new shirt's ugly.

And to think I was beginning to like you...

I'm all out of weather stuff to say...there's only so many times you can say it's hot.

runangl
22-07-2006, 06:04 AM
SHHHH... i know we have a bunch of pansies in the club... it doesn't matter. man u is man u. and yah, the new kit is horrible.

but hey, i'm not bandwagon jumping. i hate bandwagon jumpers. biggest pet peeve out there. *rawr*

acliff
22-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Does that mean my temptation to support chelsea next season make me scum?

(and yes I know the answer to this already, but Shevvy and Ballack up front make me want to cream my pants)

Katielondon
22-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Embrace your homosexuality, I don't judge you for it.

embracing its fine, having male friends who want video proof is where it starts to get annoying ;)

Digital_Ice
22-07-2006, 04:21 PM
heh, i can imagine that joke get old very quickly.

anyway... i'm sure this thread used to have a topic?

acliff
22-07-2006, 07:14 PM
embracing its fine, having male friends who want video proof is where it starts to get annoying ;)

Photo proof will do in a pinch. Kissing however deserves its own studio.

Richard
22-07-2006, 11:55 PM
It's a 100 degrees in my house. I don't know how much more of this I can stand. It's a little cooler outside, but yet I haven't brought myself to take one step out my door.

hasselbrad
23-07-2006, 12:18 AM
90*...60% chance of rain.
Like San Diego 'cept not as pleasant.

Hazzle
23-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Was pissing down yesterday afternoon BEFORE the game (and obviously I was stood outside of a pub with mates and we all got drenched) and then was SWELTERING once the game started. Me putting the commemorative T-shirt over my shirt didn't help the heat though I'm sure :p

And yes, yes it does Cliffeh. To be fair they're your local club, you probably should've been supporting for some time ;). Ballack's a midfielder though, fyi, and is incredibly pants. Shevchenko's past his best and has only come for a final payday but he's still a good player. Does make me cream my pants though...he's so hot...