PDA

View Full Version : Favorite "American" Foothball team/Player

MC117
16-07-2004, 10:31 PM
NEVER MIND!!!

Sarah
16-07-2004, 10:33 PM
I'm sorry. But could you change the title to ''American Football Team'' or you'll end up with ''England'' ''Man U'', ''Liverpool'' and so forth.

apoggy
16-07-2004, 10:33 PM
Thats not a football team

Shity 'AMERICAN' football

MC117
16-07-2004, 10:35 PM
i dont talk shit about soccer

apoggy
16-07-2004, 10:36 PM
What's soccer? Don't force your americanisation on us on this british made forum :P

MC117
16-07-2004, 10:38 PM
ok, i change the topic

Sarah
16-07-2004, 10:40 PM
Come on now, the American Football threads always turn into arguments, and its not surprising, as American ''football'' is complete shit. It's basically rugby. Why the hell is it called ''football'', anyway? But no, we can't have another argument about it.

Football is English. It is a real shame the name had to be used for something else in America.

There is no such thing as soccar/soccer whatever you call it.

No arguments!

Kyle_West
16-07-2004, 10:41 PM
you dont like american football? O well I'll play your game you rogue..

Tennessee Titans
Steve Mcnair....I hate the sport so much he is the only player I can really say I know who he is and I can't spell his name. O well if it's not right it's close enough

MC117
16-07-2004, 10:47 PM
it is pretty funny how they call it "foothball" but it has nothing to do with your feet and the ball. but its still the best sport out there.

Kelsey
16-07-2004, 10:48 PM
Green Bay is my fave team, though [American] football is not my favorite sport at all. I hardly ever watch it, except I've been watching Jets games lately, since my friend Chris plays for them. I guess he's my favorite player.

Kyle_West
16-07-2004, 10:51 PM
it is pretty funny how they call it "foothball" but it has nothing to do with your feet and the ball. but its still the best sport out there.

Basketball, Especially College. For the pros the Pistons were fun to watch cause they wanted to win, that goes away in the professional level very quick....Look at LA Lakers, they thought they were guaranteed a championship and they didn't want it as bad. O well Football Conversation. Rugby is cooler than football but I hate them both.

Mandy
16-07-2004, 10:52 PM
I don't like American Football either. I like basketball, let's start a basketball thread.

If I had to choose one, I'd say Kansas State University (sorry Ash, buy hey, KU kicks their arses in basketball :D)

hasselbrad
16-07-2004, 10:56 PM
...and raise you this:

http://a712.g.akamai.net/7/712/225/v042604/www.nflshop.com/images/products-nfl/small/301-2295_s.jpg

Shaun Alexander is my favorite player, though. Alabama Crimson Tide uber alles!

First of all, for everyone who thinks American football is shit, I'd like to take you to a game, on a crisp, clear fall afternoon in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. I'll feed you real well from a smoker on the quad and I'll fill you up with Knob Creek bourbon, and then we'll take a quick trip through the Bryant Museum. You may not know who Paul Bryant is, but when you hear his gravelly voice, you'll swear someone stuck a live wire up your arse. We'll walk in to the stadium as the first chords of Sweet Home Alabama are blasted over the PA system and get to our seats in time to hear the Million Dollar Band begin playing Yea, Alabama. Then, we'll stand up, and yell in unison with over 80,000 people...Rooooolll...Tide...Roll. You'll pass out..I'll keep drinking. :D
You may still think American football is shit...but you'll love Alabama football.
There is actually an English Lord who has no other connection to Alabama except that he happened to go to a game as a guest years ago. He has a skybox, now.
Secondly, and the original reason I edited this, is why is the shop Jules and Jess go to called the "Soccer Stop" or whatever the hell it's called. I know soccer is in the name because it struck me as odd the first time I saw it.

MC117
16-07-2004, 11:02 PM
you reminded me of that Superbowl game between the Raiders and the bucks :(

CFC
16-07-2004, 11:27 PM
Favorite Football Team: Chelsea
My favourite players are not returning this year. I need to pick a new favourite.

Favorite American Football Team: Carolina Panthers
Julius Peppers is my favorite because he is from North Carolina.

mufiman
17-07-2004, 12:04 AM
i like the best team in the NFL...the San Francisco 49ers.
player...i dont really have one. i guess jake plummer because hes so cool :confused:

frodo1511
17-07-2004, 01:09 AM
American footy/player: Denver Broncos; John Elway

American soccer/player: NY/NJ Metrostars; Cobi Jones

football football/player: Manchester United; David Beckem(how original :cool:

Jacoby
17-07-2004, 03:00 AM
football football/player: Manchester United; David Beckem(how original :cool:

You live in America, you can call it 'soccer'

And Beckham plays for Real Madrid now.

//Edit:
My favorite football player of all time..would have to be Randall Cunningham when he played for Philly. I've always love the Eagles, and Randall was a QB that wasn't afraid to run the ball and not slide out like a pussy.

I like soccer more than football (american) though. Soccer's the only sport I play. My favorite player would have to be Zidane ever since the 2002 cup, sexy and bald that one.

I usually call soccer 'footy' but as an American, just for this post, I referred to it as soccer.....meh.

Kyle_West
17-07-2004, 03:05 AM
SoKer Is WAt DAy PWayD n Bend It Like BAckHam!!!!!!!!!DaTSs WaT Its Called!!!!!!!!rolfmao!!!!!!!lolLzorz MuH BoLlzorz!!!!!!!FutbaWl Is When Guys HaVEe Helmets n DeY ToUch EacHOThter N TitE Clothes!!!!!!!!kThnXBai!!!!!!!!!

Jacoby
17-07-2004, 03:13 AM
Kyle, you so crazy. I think I'm gonna have yo baby.

My favorite running back in American football would have to be Rickey Waters when he was on the Eagles......woot #32

U-S-A!!!!U-S-A!!!!

frodo1511
17-07-2004, 03:18 AM
My favorite RB would have to be OJ Simpson. If he can get away w/ murder, than he gets best RB in my book :D

frodo1511
17-07-2004, 03:21 AM
You live in America, you can call it 'soccer'

And Beckham plays for Real Madrid now.

//Edit:
My favorite football player of all time..would have to be Randall Cunningham when he played for Philly. I've always love the Eagles, and Randall was a QB that wasn't afraid to run the ball and not slide out like a pussy.

I like soccer more than football (american) though. Soccer's the only sport I play. My favorite player would have to be Zidane ever since the 2002 cup, sexy and bald that one.

I usually call soccer 'footy' but as an American, just for this post, I referred to it as soccer.....meh.

Soccer(football) and golf are my life(although air bases have the cut-off line to play rec. soccer at 9th grade. Makes me very damn mad...)
Anywho, jacoby, I lived in Germany for 4 years, so I'm accustomed to calling it football, even in the states.

Jacoby
17-07-2004, 03:51 AM
Soccer(football)
Anywho, jacoby, I lived in Germany for 4 years, so I'm accustomed to calling it football, even in the states.

Fair enough, sorry for attacking you.

frodo1511
17-07-2004, 04:03 AM
Fair enough, sorry for attacking you.

No problem, you didn't know, so it wansn't your fault
:)

DragonRat
17-07-2004, 04:25 AM
Favorite American football team: San Francisco 49ers ('twas an obvious question)

Favorite American football player: Steve Young (simply because I wasn't really old enough to know about the miraculous Joe Montana, and I grew up with the 90s Niners)

Favorite American active football player: probably Peyton Manning; the guy knows the game inside and out, he's a thinking quarterback, and he's one of the best.

Renegade
17-07-2004, 04:06 PM
Team: San Francisco 49ers

Player: Steve Young also, until that dick from the Rams knocked him out and ended his career. Then I favored Terrell Owens but he sold out and went to Philly. Now it's Julian Peterson.

DragonRat
17-07-2004, 07:55 PM
It's true. Julian Peterson is pretty much our best player on the entire squad. I remember a couple years ago, he played as a defensive lineman, linebacker, cornerback (but I think for a dime package), and a safety. The guy's got speed and power on all cylinders. Without TO, Garcia, Tai Streets, we have little offense, except for the running game, with Kevan Barlow. I don't know if Rattay will be healthy for the regular season; otherwise, we'll see Dorsey get a start, which I'd like to see. We'll have a young team, with a good core of Dorsey and Barlow and Peterson.

I don't know if Erickson wants to keep the West Coast offense, or do his own thing. The Niners have prided themselves on using the West Coast offense to its best, but without a good passing game, we might end up going playaction this year.

Renegade
18-07-2004, 01:13 AM
Realistically, the Niners aren't going to go anywhere this year. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cardinals finish ahead of them. San Fran lost all their core players. Now they're making Brandon Llyod, a 2nd year man who has potential but not experience, their #1 receiver. Rattay also showed potential last year but proved he's only a pocket passer (unlike Garcia who could run the ball). Ken Dorsey has a good history behind him being a premier QB at Miami but he's been criticized for his success because of the talented players around him. The only bright side of the offseason was that the Niners resigned both Barlow and Peterson.

DragonRat
18-07-2004, 06:36 AM
Rattay actually did well in the games that he played last year. He has a good arm, and he can read the schemes well. With that said, I doubt the Niners will do well. I can only hope they can manage to hit .500 by the end of the season. If not, well it's not because we didn't try. And if we succeed, then I'll be celebrating like a Greek in Lisbon.