PDA

View Full Version : if you could go back to any decade what would it be?

Katielondon
30-06-2006, 11:36 PM
even if you wernt born/old enough to remember it, for me it would be the 80s, great music, great decadant parties, cool clothes and didnt seem as uptight as things are now.

I've
30-06-2006, 11:42 PM
I think the time from the 60's till the 80's were in general wicked...

From the music to the cloth, to the way the people lived.

Since the 90's a lot of things changed in a way...

Kind Regards

Juliamariskamadadh
01-07-2006, 01:11 AM
Celtic warrior princess

Hazzle
01-07-2006, 01:27 AM
70's. The music, the fashion, everything...just pissed all over any other decade.

German Cunt, you don't need to sign off with "Kind regards". It's not a letter.

Swordsman
01-07-2006, 04:48 AM
The 60's, becuase the LSD was free! Or maybe it was early 70's.... whenever the LSD was free. I'm gonna go with 70's because of the msuic.

Jacoby
01-07-2006, 05:44 AM
I wish I could have been my age right now in the mid-nineties. It was just a fun time to be a young adult. And I wish I were all grownd up right now.

michael22
01-07-2006, 09:02 AM
easy anywhere between the fourth and thirteenth century

Arbery
01-07-2006, 10:24 AM
i'd go back to the 90's where Metal bands that i liked were just going strong and played all over the world...that would be safe! :)

Juliamariskamadadh
01-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Hey Mike do you end up becomming king?
they look like they're having dirty sex

Klown
01-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Personally I like to go back and see Jesus for awhile

Katielondon
01-07-2006, 04:01 PM
easy anywhere between the fourth and thirteenth century

why on earth would you want to go back to then?

Juliamariskamadadh
01-07-2006, 06:01 PM
"Timeline"

Digital_Ice
01-07-2006, 06:04 PM
"Timeline"

wtf??

Mandy
01-07-2006, 06:09 PM
wtf??

I second that.

hasselbrad
01-07-2006, 09:25 PM
even if you wernt born/old enough to remember it, for me it would be the 80s, great music, great decadant parties, cool clothes and didnt seem as uptight as things are now.

No...not really. 95% of the music was pure shit. And the clothes...made the 70's look not so ridiculous. Trust me. :icon_err:

1060's. I'd like to watch the battles of Stamford Bridge and Hastings.

Mandy
01-07-2006, 09:30 PM
The 40's and 50's had some chic-looking women's clothing. I'd go there.

DefyingGravity
01-07-2006, 10:34 PM
I wish I could have been my age right now in the mid-nineties. It was just a fun time to be a young adult. And I wish I were all grownd up right now.

I feel kind of the same way.

However, I would prefer to live in the 60s so I could become a folk singer and kick it with Bob Dylan.

runangl
01-07-2006, 10:38 PM
"Timeline"

wtf??I second that.
the book you shitheads. hahaha

or at least thats what i'm assuming.

Katielondon
01-07-2006, 10:54 PM
No...not really. 95% of the music was pure shit. And the clothes...made the 70's look not so ridiculous. Trust me. :icon_err:

1060's. I'd like to watch the battles of Stamford Bridge and Hastings.

along with rock i think a lot of 80s music was great, it just looked like a more fun time to be young than now to me.

hasselbrad
02-07-2006, 12:43 AM
along with rock i think a lot of 80s music was great, it just looked like a more fun time to be young than now to me.

I was there. It wasn't anything special.
There was good music. The Violent Femmes and REM (a couple of my faves) sprang from the era, but there was a lot of crap. Milli Vanilli springs to mind. Very artificial, corporate pop music and some of the cheesiest fuckers pretending to be metal that ever walked the Earth.
It was actually kind of a buttoned-up, repressed atmosphere...sort of a recoil from the "coke-off-a-hooker's-ass-at-a-club" seventies. ;)

Kelsey
02-07-2006, 02:22 AM
the book you shitheads. hahaha

or at least thats what i'm assuming.

You're back!

For me, it would be the 70s in a small Wisconsin town. Wow, I'm just kidding.

If this was to actually live, not just visit, I guess I would say I'd like to go back to 2000...I think I would change *a lot* of past decisions. If it's just for a visit, then I wasn't just kidding about the Wisconsin thing.

michael22
02-07-2006, 05:31 AM
i would choose those periods for the simple fact that it is easier to do something exciting and adventurous (or something other then sit at home and watch movies all day) and it would allow me to see great historic events or people perhaps even making a name for myself.
and no julia a lowly knight at the most, I am not king material...

Swordsman
02-07-2006, 05:59 AM
I was there. It wasn't anything special.
There was good music. The Violent Femmes and REM (a couple of my faves) sprang from the era, but there was a lot of crap. Milli Vanilli springs to mind. Very artificial, corporate pop music and some of the cheesiest fuckers pretending to be metal that ever walked the Earth.
It was actually kind of a buttoned-up, repressed atmosphere...sort of a recoil from the "coke-off-a-hooker's-ass-at-a-club" seventies. ;)

You're forgeting the amazing beginning of hip hop on record. You can start from the early 80s and watch until the death of Tupac and Biggy. You can watch hip hop go from "being about love and not killing each other" to "i'm gonna fucking kill your dumbass". It'd be fun. When the 90s roll around you can go hang out and read comics with Rza, ODB and (the best) Gza and quote future Wu Tang lyrics to them in the middle of conversations.

runangl
02-07-2006, 08:05 AM
You're back!

For me, it would be the 70s in a small Wisconsin town. Wow, I'm just kidding.

If this was to actually live, not just visit, I guess I would say I'd like to go back to 2000...I think I would change *a lot* of past decisions. If it's just for a visit, then I wasn't just kidding about the Wisconsin thing.
so... you're a dork. haha

and yah, i'm back.

but back to the topic... i think i agree with you kels, i love what we have now. i think i'd die without all the technology - aka easy mac HAHA. there are some things i regret, especially the fact that i just didn't appreciate the good times while i was in them.

Katielondon
02-07-2006, 09:52 AM
sort of a recoil from the "coke-off-a-hooker's-ass-at-a-club" seventies. ;)

now that sounds fun

hasselbrad
02-07-2006, 04:50 PM
You're forgeting the amazing beginning of hip hop on record. You can start from the early 80s and watch until the death of Tupac and Biggy. You can watch hip hop go from "being about love and not killing each other" to "i'm gonna fucking kill your dumbass". It'd be fun. When the 90s roll around you can go hang out and read comics with Rza, ODB and (the best) Gza and quote future Wu Tang lyrics to them in the middle of conversations.
Yeah, I watched that too. Sadly.
Early rap was great from a poetic sense. That all ended when gangsta rap arrived in the late 1980s. Thoughtful was crushed by thugful, and it has devolved into the neanderthal shit storm that it is now.

Swordsman
02-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Yeah, I watched that too. Sadly.
Early rap was great from a poetic sense. That all ended when gangsta rap arrived in the late 1980s. Thoughtful was crushed by thugful, and it has devolved into the neanderthal shit storm that it is now.

Oh that's right, you were alive when all that happened. Yeah, i forgot about that. Not all hip hop today is bad. But a lot of it is.

Jacoby
03-07-2006, 01:52 PM
You can't stop Gnarls Barkley.

I would kind of like to see Jesus' plight, I guess. Just so I could come back and say, "hey everyone, The Bible IS just a big metaphor." I'd probably get picked out of the crowd, though, cus I'd be wearing modern clothes and be camping outside the tomb with popcorn.

seventhson
03-07-2006, 05:40 PM
For me, it would be the 1980's. I know I am an old man at 42, please don't be unkind to me.
I graduated highschool in '82, vocational tech-school in '84 & fell in love with the girl I would marry. She loved me as well. I was single, healthy, making good money and in love. Life was good. I was happy.
That was then. I am grateful for those years, but now I must find peace and good in 2006 as I must be here now.

Peace,
(-: SeventhSon :-)

Hazzle
03-07-2006, 08:37 PM
Wow do me and Jake actually like the same musical artist? Gnarls Barkley is awesome.

Lacy
25-07-2006, 04:18 PM
Either the 60's and 70's or back in the 15th century.