PDA

View Full Version : Silver Ring Thing

Hazzle
23-06-2006, 04:32 PM
Does anyone else hate this with a vengeance?

For those who don't know:

The Silver Ring Thing (http://www.silverringthing.com/index.html)

It just really pisses me off. Smacks of Christo-fascism, it's typical right-wing propoganda and worrying it's successfully braindwashing and indoctrinating people. It's remarkably like a cult.

This, however, is a very funny comeback from opponents of it.

Sex Is for Fags (http://www.sexisforfags.com/)

hasselbrad
23-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Looks more like a really slick money making operation.
Oh wait...you said cult. :p

Jacoby
23-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Zach P.: "Premarital sex isn't worth it! You can catch AIDS, or cancer, or testicle weevils, or a bad body image or rickets. You know what IS worth it? Making love to Jesus. Because you can't knock Him up and He'll never ask what you're thinking – cuz He already knows!"

Haha, that's awesome!

calereneau
23-06-2006, 05:32 PM
SWEET! I've been looking for the next WWJD bracelet for a decade....turns out it's a ring. Even better!

I'm at work, and my company blocks Sex is for Fags! Either they hate sex, fags, or fagsex. I'm investigating....

Hazzle
23-06-2006, 06:19 PM
Check it out when you get home Cal. It'll crack you up.

runangl
23-06-2006, 06:42 PM
You know what IS worth it? Making love to Jesus. Because you can't knock Him up and He'll never ask what you're thinking – cuz He already knows!

so uhm... does that mean they're promoting homosexuality for men?? :icon_rofl

Hazzle
23-06-2006, 06:45 PM
so uhm... does that mean they're promoting homosexuality for men?? :icon_rofl

No because sex is for fags. They're promoting homo-love for men. It's very different.

Digital_Ice
23-06-2006, 07:21 PM
SRT pissed me off when i was a christian, now it pisses me off even more.

calereneau
23-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Ok, I went....

IRON HYMEN!! Holy crap that's good!!

Sundance
23-06-2006, 10:26 PM
http://www.sexisforfags.com/images/b3.jpgBert F.: "My body is a sacred place, for holy stuff like Capri Sun juices, Lunchable Chicken Dunks, and Slim Jims!"

Swordsman ought to get along fine with Bert...

http://www.sexisforfags.com/images/b2.jpgTim R.: "I hate fags. Dude, I mean, dudes who can't stop touching their wangs? DUDE.

... but not Tim. Stop grabbing your groinal giblets, dude. I thought you wanted to be a train engineer!

j/k

Hazzle
24-06-2006, 12:08 AM
Ok, I went....

IRON HYMEN!! Holy crap that's good!!

Heh. I particularly liked:

To never let tampons violate the sanctity of my hoo-hoo, because tampons are really nothing more than thirsty little albino penises

calereneau
24-06-2006, 03:07 AM
haha....for realz. These sites are amazing!

Swordsman
25-06-2006, 05:35 AM
Hahahah... "I can to grow up and be what I always wanted: a prison guard or a priest." HAHHAHAH.

I remember when Christina Aguilera supported the Silver Ring Thing on MTV. I was just used to MTV telling me to wear a condom and now they just loooove Jesus all of a sudden.

mehrdad368
25-06-2006, 06:29 AM
Maybe zach think right.A traditional advice said if you had a premarital sex it had happend to your wife also.and you know that Iranian have strong prejudice on their wives for this reason they try to don't have premarital sex.JUST TRY.

Hazzle
25-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Maybe zach think right.A traditional advice said if you had a premarital sex it had happend to your wife also.and you know that Iranian have strong prejudice on their wives for this reason they try to don't have premarital sex.JUST TRY.

It's a spoof site fuckwit. Zach's a joke character. God you're a numbnut.

You're also incredibly bigoted. So basically it's ok for men to have premarital sex but not women? What's wrong with your wife having had sex with someone else before you? At least you know you're not crap in bed and she's not just stuck putting up with it because you're married now.

calereneau
25-06-2006, 01:59 PM
I wouldn't expect YOU to understand, jackass!

A women's hymen is her husband's property and we have the right to do with it as we please. We can get rid of it, we can poke it with a stick, or we can just look at it from a distance. That's our perogative! If a woman isn't a virgin when we marry her, she's a harlot and worthy of a hearty stoning!

Hazzle
25-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Consider me told Cale. I never knew. Thank you.

dave
26-06-2006, 02:12 AM
Consider me told Cale. I never knew. Thank you.

Think "Dowery."

Although most of the Iranians I know would never tell on their new wife. But I believe that might merely be because they are what is considered non-traditional.

Some of the Iranians still kill women who deceive their new husbands. "Different Strokes."

mehrdad368
26-06-2006, 10:28 AM
It's a spoof site fuckwit. Zach's a joke character. God you're a numbnut.

You're also incredibly bigoted. So basically it's ok for men to have premarital sex but not women? What's wrong with your wife having had sex with someone else before you? At least you know you're not crap in bed and she's not just stuck putting up with it because you're married now.
You don't live here for this reason you can not criticize our traditions.and also i said people must not do this specially women.

duckula
26-06-2006, 11:09 AM
You don't live here for this reason you can not criticize our traditions.

Yes we can.

Hazzle
26-06-2006, 12:49 PM
What Ducks said.

Dave I know what doweries are. Although it's "Dowry". I'm Indian, trust me, I know.

And Meathead, I lived in India, where similar traditions exist. I can criticise it for being stupid because it fucking is. I hate countries where women are thought of as property.

We all know that they're just sex objects...

Katielondon
26-06-2006, 04:54 PM
what a load of shit, the ironic sites are amusing though, its perfectly natural for people to want and to enjoy sex, i dont see what the big deal is in been honest about how we feel instead of hiding behind some stupid ring,people have sex, people drink people do drugs just accept it and educate about how they can be safer instead of trying to steer them away from an enjoyable thing.

Jacoby
26-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Well the counter argument is that the belief is our morals are falling fast, Christians are not too keen on this because they believe their duty to teh Lord does not change with the times. I guess I can understand their point of view, but I don't really agree with it.

I guess the idea of a society completely turning its head on morals scares me though. Fire and Brimstone, oh noes!

Hazzle
26-06-2006, 06:42 PM
We're headed for the dark ages Jake. Islamic fundamentalism is bringing out Christian fundamentalism, it's the Crusades all over again, only in reverse.

duckula
26-06-2006, 07:14 PM
Who will win, you decide.

Jacoby
26-06-2006, 08:05 PM
Who will win, you decide.

You mean like an Armaggedon religious reality show?

duckula
26-06-2006, 09:20 PM
Life is the ultimate reality show.

calereneau
26-06-2006, 09:25 PM
"Ooo! Stick your finger in my tresha!"

hasselbrad
26-06-2006, 09:40 PM
Well the counter argument is that the belief is our morals are falling fast, Christians are not too keen on this because they believe their duty to teh Lord does not change with the times. I guess I can understand their point of view, but I don't really agree with it.

I guess the idea of a society completely turning its head on morals scares me though. Fire and Brimstone, oh noes!

Thing is, virginity has always been revered and thought of as something to be protected at all costs. The Christians are just the latest proprietors to buy into the franchise.

Hazzle
26-06-2006, 10:27 PM
What Brad said. Doesn't make it any the less cunty though. Cuntiness.

Swordsman
27-06-2006, 01:23 AM
Hehe, cuntiness. I'm with Jacoby on this, morals are important. I didn't think this thread would turn into this.

Hazzle
27-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Hehe, cuntiness. I'm with Jacoby on this, morals are important. I didn't think this thread would turn into this.

Morality blows.

mehrdad368
28-06-2006, 04:27 PM
What Ducks said.

Dave I know what doweries are. Although it's "Dowry". I'm Indian, trust me, I know.

And Meathead, I lived in India, where similar traditions exist. I can criticise it for being stupid because it fucking is. I hate countries where women are thought of as property.

We all know that they're just sex objects...
But it might be true and you must know that if you do sin you'll see disadvantage and another reason it's also important for iranian women that their husband didn't had premarital sex.

Hazzle
28-06-2006, 07:40 PM
WTF are you on about? What might be true? What sin? Sex? Yes, because procreation is so bad...

Are you a numbskull or something? The reason major religions were against pre-marital sex had nothing to do with the word of God, just like why Pork is forbidden. In those times Pork could kill you because they didn't have proper refrigeration and Pork especially is allegedly very bacteria-laden. Equally sex without contraception (which wasn't widely available, and was very crude) could kill you because of all the STIs that they didn't even have cures for.

But do you think people were going to stop eating stuff they liked because someone told them it was dangerous? Or even more so, would stop having sex because they were told tp be careful? Bollocks. So when people didn't listen, they used religion to give it some power, if you say God doesn't want you eating pork or having pre-marital sex, then people are more likely to listen.

Now that we have refrigeration pork is safe, and thanks to modern contraception, so, by and large, is pre-marital sex. And the religious grounds are all bullshit, these are the words of the men who wrote the holy scriptures not God. Hence the massive inequality in most religions between men and women.

Any idea that pre-marital sex is a "sin" is crap.

hasselbrad
28-06-2006, 07:48 PM
Does the silver ring come in larger sizes? I was thinking about getting one to use as a cock ring.

Jacoby
28-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Does the silver ring come in larger sizes? I was thinking about getting one to use as a cock ring.

I'm sure they have silver thumb rings.

hasselbrad
28-06-2006, 08:01 PM
I'm sure they have silver thumb rings.
Damn...how did you get to that before Ranman? :p

Jacoby
28-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Rollerblades.

calereneau
28-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Hazzle I will laugh when you get the AIDS.

IRAN is the SHIT!

hasselbrad
28-06-2006, 08:25 PM
Rollerblades.
Are you sure it wasn't "Lollerblades"? Bwahahahaha...I kill me.

Hazzle
29-06-2006, 12:01 AM
Hazzle I will laugh when you get the AIDS.

You're the reason why people should always use a condom.

Are you sure it wasn't "Lollerblades"? Bwahahahaha...I kill me.

I smell of spunklerblades?

Swordsman
29-06-2006, 06:02 AM
So, what's this thread about now? Rollerblades? 'Cause if so, i fucking hate rollerblades.

Digital_Ice
29-06-2006, 06:20 AM
I smell of spunklerblades?

haz, there are only a select few of us who will get that joke

Hazzle
29-06-2006, 09:08 AM
haz, there are only a select few of us who will get that joke

Heh. Yeah.

This is why people should come to IRC...

(I still think we should filter that. It leads to some hilarious results)

mehrdad368
29-06-2006, 01:12 PM
WTF are you on about? What might be true? What sin? Sex? Yes, because procreation is so bad...

Are you a numbskull or something? The reason major religions were against pre-marital sex had nothing to do with the word of God, just like why Pork is forbidden. In those times Pork could kill you because they didn't have proper refrigeration and Pork especially is allegedly very bacteria-laden. Equally sex without contraception (which wasn't widely available, and was very crude) could kill you because of all the STIs that they didn't even have cures for.

But do you think people were going to stop eating stuff they liked because someone told them it was dangerous? Or even more so, would stop having sex because they were told tp be careful? Bollocks. So when people didn't listen, they used religion to give it some power, if you say God doesn't want you eating pork or having pre-marital sex, then people are more likely to listen.

Now that we have refrigeration pork is safe, and thanks to modern contraception, so, by and large, is pre-marital sex. And the religious grounds are all bullshit, these are the words of the men who wrote the holy scriptures not God. Hence the massive inequality in most religions between men and women.

Any idea that pre-marital sex is a "sin" is crap.
First pay attention then answer.
I said it's important for both men and women for this reason we acn call it sin.
IRAN is shit.
It's all because of our leaders.If you compare Iran now with 30 years ago you'll know what i mean.

Hazzle
29-06-2006, 04:07 PM
I said it's important for both men and women for this reason we acn call it sin.

No, what you said, fucknut, was:

you must know that if you do sin you'll see disadvantage

My response was that it's not a sin. The issue isn't my understanding of the English language but yours, so if that's not the point you meant to make, that's your mistake.

So your new point is that anything important is a sin? You're not making any sense. What, do you live in the Dark Ages? Explain to me how premarital sex is a sin? Who says? You? I've already shown why the scriptures saying it doesn't mean squat.

And you should take your own advice dickwad. Read what Cale said again, he said THE shit, you've just misquoted him. Are you really that thick? Or maybe you should pay better attention before you answer?

calereneau
29-06-2006, 04:19 PM

It's all because of our leaders.If you compare Iran now with 30 years ago you'll know what i mean.

Dude, you just totally took what I said and edited it to prove a point that didn't need to be made. I mean, you even un-capped the word shit.

You're an asshole!

hasselbrad
29-06-2006, 04:52 PM
What, do you live in the Dark Ages?

He does live in Iran.

Jacoby
29-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Mehrdad. It's good to be "The shit". You don't want to be just shit. But 'The Shit' is something to write home about!

And that's today's shit history lesson.

mehrdad368
29-06-2006, 06:35 PM
No, what you said, fucknut, was:

My response was that it's not a sin. The issue isn't my understanding of the English language but yours, so if that's not the point you meant to make, that's your mistake.

So your new point is that anything important is a sin? You're not making any sense. What, do you live in the Dark Ages? Explain to me how premarital sex is a sin? Who says? You? I've already shown why the scriptures saying it doesn't mean squat.

And you should take your own advice dickwad. Read what Cale said again, he said THE shit, you've just misquoted him. Are you really that thick? Or maybe you should pay better attention before you answer?
When it's important for both men and women and their fathers and their mothers it become sin.Anyway it's not important in abroad and you cann't understand it.

Foeni
29-06-2006, 06:42 PM
It's important to both men and women to have children. Is that a sin?

mehrdad368
29-06-2006, 06:55 PM
No.not to have a children.Just commit PREMARITAL SEX.Listen.If a father or a brother hear that his daughter had premarital sex he'll kill that girl or he'll kill himself.

Katielondon
29-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Haz actully has a very good point to why sex isnt a sin and why scriptures say it is,i had never really thought of it that way, you sound like you take your beliefs far too seriously,havent you got a Danish embassy to go and protest outside?,oh wait they already did that huh?

Jacoby
29-06-2006, 07:32 PM
This is getting out of hand. Differen't strokes for different folks.

Leave it be.

calereneau
29-06-2006, 08:06 PM
Maybe so.

But that asshole still misquoted me, and I demand an explanation or an apology. Until then, Iran is...well...

mehrdad368
29-06-2006, 11:03 PM
I'm sorry because of that misquote.

Hazzle
30-06-2006, 12:03 AM
When it's important for both men and women and their fathers and their mothers it become sin.Anyway it's not important in abroad and you cann't understand it.

It's important everywhere. However something being important doesn't make it a sin. What makes it sin is when mothers and fathers wish to guilt-trip their children into conforming and use religion as a convenient tool.

No.not to have a children.Just commit PREMARITAL SEX.Listen.If a father or a brother hear that his daughter had premarital sex he'll kill that girl or he'll kill himself.

That, I think, illustrates why your point is fallacious. If having children is important, and not a sin, why is having premarital sex, equally important, a sin? We know all about honour killings. Doesn't mean they make sense. Just because your men are retarded fuckwits doesn't make what they do right, nor does it make what their children do a sin. If the father or brother kills his daughter or sister for having premarital sex, THAT is the sin. But your backwards society wouldn't understand that.

Heh Brad...right you are. What was I thinking? But since we're NOT in Iran, and as far as I know the SRT has no plans to go into Iran (what with being a Christian group), perhaps Meathead would like to acknowledge that as much as we "don't understand" Iran's backwards culture (and yes, we do), he clearly doesn't understand western logic.

Haz actully has a very good point to why sex isnt a sin and why scriptures say it is,i had never really thought of it that way, you sound like you take your beliefs far too seriously,havent you got a Danish embassy to go and protest outside?,oh wait they already did that huh?

Yeah. Freedom of speech and premarital sex are both horrible sins. Yet murder isn't when it's for the "honour" of your family or under some misguided notion of what God would want.

Jake: It's not really gotten out of hand. It's a discussion, that was what was intended to be provoked. If it wasn't meant to lead to discussion there was no point starting a thread about it :p. It's not my fault that Meathead takes his backwards beliefs too far.

calereneau
30-06-2006, 03:06 AM
I'm sorry because of that misquote.

Thanks. Have sex.

mehrdad368
30-06-2006, 11:54 PM
It's important everywhere. However something being important doesn't make it a sin. What makes it sin is when mothers and fathers wish to guilt-trip their children into conforming and use religion as a convenient tool.

That, I think, illustrates why your point is fallacious. If having children is important, and not a sin, why is having premarital sex, equally important, a sin? We know all about honour killings. Doesn't mean they make sense. Just because your men are retarded fuckwits doesn't make what they do right, nor does it make what their children do a sin. If the father or brother kills his daughter or sister for having premarital sex, THAT is the sin. But your backwards society wouldn't understand that.

Heh Brad...right you are. What was I thinking? But since we're NOT in Iran, and as far as I know the SRT has no plans to go into Iran (what with being a Christian group), perhaps Meathead would like to acknowledge that as much as we "don't understand" Iran's backwards culture (and yes, we do), he clearly doesn't understand western logic.

Yeah. Freedom of speech and premarital sex are both horrible sins. Yet murder isn't when it's for the "honour" of your family or under some misguided notion of what God would want.

Jake: It's not really gotten out of hand. It's a discussion, that was what was intended to be provoked. If it wasn't meant to lead to discussion there was no point starting a thread about it :p. It's not my fault that Meathead takes his backwards beliefs too far.
It's not hard to avoid yourself from premarital sex.It's also a practice to avoid more important things.And also Iran have rich culture(2500 year culture).But you cann't see it because of our society nowadays.

Hazzle
01-07-2006, 01:24 AM
It's not hard to avoid yourself from premarital sex.It's also a practice to avoid more important things.And also Iran have rich culture(2500 year culture).But you cann't see it because of our society nowadays.

I'm aware Iran has a rich history. The problem is your culture is still STUCK 2500 years ago. "Society nowadays"? Do you mean modernity? Evolution? Yeah, you're right, what a horrible idea! You do realise the irony in the fact that we're arguing about this on an internet site, and you're in a country that was always opposed to the internet, right? And that "society nowadays" is what's responsible for this website running?

I didn't say it was hard to avoid premarital sex. I said it was stupid to do so. There's a big difference in the two. Let me ask you something, what's your view on nudity in films? Bearing in mind that Keira's been nude in her movies before.

calereneau
01-07-2006, 01:43 AM
I believe what he meant by society nowadays is the fact that their leader is a douschebag.

mehrdad368
01-07-2006, 09:25 AM
I agree it stick but not for 2500 year.It stick for 1400 year.do you know why?If you are indian you must know.
Anyway Iran has law that if a man see that his wife had premarital sex he can get divorce.For this reason i told you that it's not good for people specially iranian girls.

Ranman
01-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Save a tree MEATHEAD! Eat a Beaver!

Hazzle
01-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Anyway Iran has law that if a man see that his wife had premarital sex he can get divorce.For this reason i told you that it's not good for people specially iranian girls.

Yes, and that law is retarded. How about you repeal it and become a civilised nation? Since when is a woman's value defined by her virginity?

mehrdad368
01-07-2006, 07:06 PM
First no because it still law.Then yes because it shows her self confidence that still virgin.

calereneau
01-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Can a woman divorce her husband if he is not a virgin?

Does this seem fair to you and why?

Hazzle
01-07-2006, 09:10 PM
First no because it still law.Then yes because it shows her self confidence that still virgin.

What cale said but let me add:

1) I said REPEAL it. Because no civilised country should still have that as a law.

2) What confidence? I'd argue it takes more self-confidence to get someone into bed than to remain a virgin. Willpower might be the word you're looking for?