PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Employees....

kingdumbass
23-06-2006, 02:51 AM
Does anyone else think it's really dumb how celebrities will pay people to do things for them that they are perfectly capable of doing themselves?
Stylists to dress you; publicists to speak for you; personal trainers to motivate you; personal assistants to wipe your ass....How much do these people get paid, and does the celebrity actually EMPLOY them? If I was a celeb, I would save my goddamn money while I was still making it. And, yes -- I know that Keira has all of these things. I accept it, but she would be the coolest celebrity ever if she fired all of them.

Oh, and NANNIES. Why the fuck does EVERY celebrity have a goddamn nanny to raise his or her kids for them? If you can't raise your child, don't HAVE one, motherfucker!

BLAH!!!

Sundance
23-06-2006, 05:41 AM
Stylists to dress you; publicists to speak for you; personal trainers to motivate you

Celebrities need stylists to dress them because it's not like they can go out to the nearby department store and pick out the clothes themselves. Celebrities need publicists because it's through publicity that they become celebrities -- and there's a lot of merchandising, scheduling, haggling, etc. that goes along with that. Celebrities need personal trainers not so much to motivate them as to keep them physically fit or unfit depending on whatever role or job they're about to do.

The outlandish expenses to me (and I don't even know if they're expenses), are the stipulations in their contracts calling for dressing rooms done all up in white, white rose petals on the floor, water bottles at a specific temperature, and red Skittles only in the candy dish. There's such a thing as celebrity perks, but I can only imagine the mutterings of the crew that have to get all this bulls-pizzle set up for primo-prima donna and his/her entourage.

personal assistants to wipe your ass....

I know you're being facetious with this one. But if there were a celebrity that paid for this, I'd like to know who.

Swordsman
23-06-2006, 06:05 AM
Oh, and NANNIES. Why the fuck does EVERY celebrity have a goddamn nanny to raise his or her kids for them? If you can't raise your child, don't HAVE one, motherfucker!

I'm gonna agree with everything you said. I especially agree with what i've quoted. There are far too many celebrity babies. Because in the next 20 years the kid is going to have 1 celebrity mom and 7 celebrity stepmoms. Plus, they all have stupid names.

Sundance
23-06-2006, 07:05 AM
There are far too many celebrity babies.

Swordsman -- you've just "out-Heroded Herod".

kingdumbass
23-06-2006, 08:50 AM
Celebrities need stylists to dress them because it's not like they can go out to the nearby department store and pick out the clothes themselves.

Don't make excuses for these lazy, self-important jackasses....
Celebrities are perfectly capable of shopping for clothes.

And if I had a personal assistant, I would FORCE him to wipe my ass. I'd say, "Wipe my ass NOW, you piece of shit slave, or you're fucking FIRED, and I'll make sure that you NEVER work in this town again! Your little Hollywood dream will be over before it even starts, you worthless, pathetic parasite! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM???" And if he actually DID wipe my ass for me, I'd fire him for having no backbone. Of course, if he DIDN'T wipe my ass, I'd also fire him....

By the way, did you know that Keira's personal assistant has his own IMDB page? His name is Derek something.

Sundance
23-06-2006, 08:58 AM
Don't make excuses for these lazy, self-important jackasses... Celebrities are perfectly capable of shopping for clothes.

I'm not making excuses, simply stating fact. They cannot go out shopping cause you'll be asking for an autograph.

acliff
23-06-2006, 09:04 AM
Celebrities need stylists because stylists have infinitely better taste then they have. A bad example I know, but Courtney Love dresses herself and she looks like a tramp. Finding stylish and fashionable things to wear is a full time job. Shopping for clothes or getting clothes tailored is expensive and time consuming business, especially for a celebrity who is in the public eye and can't be seen dead in the same clothes twice. Gossip magazines make a killing out of taking the piss out of bad clothes choices, and dealing with negative publicity I'm sure doesn't fit into many celebrities schedules.

Next, a personal trainer. When I get rich, I will most definitely have one. Self motivation and dedication is some of the hardest things in the world. Being invited to parties, hectic work schedules really cuts into your fitness and appearance. A personal trainer just makes it that much easier to maintain your movie screen figure. Look what happens when these celebrities don't exercise. Britney spears for example has discovered what its like to be round. However, due to her personal trainer, I'm sure within 2-3 months she will be in gorgeous figure mode again. Every single movie actor has a personal trainer. Brad Pitt would not have looked like that in fightclub or troy without a trainer looking after him around the clock.
Besides having a personal trainer is a great way to excuse yourself from anything at all. 'I'm sorry but I have to leave, gotta meet my personal trainer'

Makeup artists will be much better than you. Again, they have better taste and style than you ever will, and they don't have to apply it while looking at a mirror. But I don't think you'll argue this point.

It just makes things easier. If you can afford it, why would you do things the hard way?

kingdumbass
23-06-2006, 09:10 AM
You are not stating fact....
There is no excuse for wasting money, paying some idiot to buy you clothes and tell you what to wear. I mean, JESUS! I honestly would rather die than live that way.

At what point do we start to rationalize not being a real person?

acliff
23-06-2006, 09:19 AM
You are not stating fact....
There is no excuse for wasting money, paying some idiot to buy you clothes and tell you what to wear. I mean, JESUS! I honestly would rather die than live that way.

By implication you're suggesting that you're a real person.
Is that because you smell and dress like a tramp? Because your image to other people is low down on your list of priorities?

Celebrities are what we as the public want them to be. We want them to do all these things, even if it pisses us off, as it distances us from them. Because having a personal trainer, assistant, stylist makes us less of a human being?
You're forgetting the fact that anyone can get a personal trainer, stylist, assistant at any point. If I went out and got myself this help, would that make me less real? I'm not important, rich or powerful enough to need them at this point, but when I am all those things, I doubt the work required to get there would allow me to go on shopping trips, or devise my own workout schedule and stick to it. I'm afraid image means alot in this world, and people who exploit it are just as real as the rest of us.

Sundance
23-06-2006, 09:21 AM

At the point that "real" person becomes a "celebrity".

kingdumbass
23-06-2006, 09:26 AM
That is ridiculous....
Take a famous actress, for instance. Her only REAL duty is to act in her films, and do a good job. Everything else is mindless celebrity bullshit. You are not being a REAL person if you hand over your independence and self-reliance to maintain the celebrity bullshit, even when you're not in front of a movie camera. What ever happened to being yourself?

And I can think of nothing more miserable than being constantly surrounded by a group of pointless sycophants who take care of all your needs, and contribute to your own future financial ruin. For what? Because you're afraid you might get fugged? Holy shit, why the hell would anyone want to live that way?

Sundance
23-06-2006, 09:43 AM
Her only REAL duty is to act in her films, and do a good job. Everything else is mindless celebrity bullshit.

This might be slightly true on Broadway or theatre, but in films? In Hollywood? That actress isn't going to get the position she wants simply by auditioning. An agent/manager/publicist would have to set that audition up. Movies are mainly package deals now -- that means, actors/actresses are decided sometimes without traditional auditions. And package deals are created by producers and agents. Acting may be her only REAL duty, but who's going to book her flights to all the different locations and set up her hotel rooms? When the picture's in the can, who's going to go to all the sponsors and set up meetings and press room interviews and television spots? She's going to need a different dress for these occassions. Why? Because folks will be watching what she wears. She might even need a different hairstylist just so she can set a new "trend" and get more attention. More interest in her may = more interest in her movie which may = more box office.

The old Hollywood studio system created "stars" because the stars didn't know how to create themselves (with perhaps the exception of Charlie Chaplin). Even a producer like Walt Disney had publicists and personal assistants. Does that make him any less real?

What ever happened to being yourself?

You do realize the majority of celebrities are either actors or musicians. They are larger than life because they playing characters other than themselves or amped up versions of themselves. So it's somewhat of an oxymoron to say to an actor, "Hey! Be yourself!" Judas Priest! Even a theatre actor as talented and skilled as Laurence Olivier needed a publicist and a stylist and a trainer to make sure he'd stay fit enough to play his Shakespearean roles on the stage and in front of the camera.

I can think of nothing more miserable

That's why there's nothing wrong with staying on the outside looking in. Show business is tough.

kingdumbass
23-06-2006, 09:58 AM
That's all very stupid....
There's no reason why you can't wear the same dress twice.

I actually respect and admire a celebrity MORE when I see them dress badly. For instance, when I saw Miss Knightley get fugged the other week, I thought, "God bless you, Dear Girl. There's still a normal person in there." I hope she wears that dress again. If she likes it, she should wear it.

But, fine -- I'll concede the publicist point to you. Arranging interviews and all of that crap. I can understand it, I guess.

I suppose that part of the reason why I am appalled at all of this stuff is simply that I personally can't stand people, in general. Therefore, the thought of having a stranger who really doesn't know me or give a shit about me around at all times, to consult on personal matters, is positively frightening. If I had a personal assistant, for example, following me around, seeing me naked, waking me up in the morning, doing my laundry, I would break down and kill the motherfucker pretty quick.

I respect the COOL celebrities. The Winona Ryders...the Sean Penns...the Rachael McAdams'. The ones who do their own shopping. And I know that the vast majority of others are with me on this. Can you think of anyone more disgusting than Mariah Carey?

Sundance
23-06-2006, 10:14 AM
That's all very stupid... I actually respect and admire a celebrity MORE when I see them dress badly.

First off, to say "that's all very stupid" is just plain silly. An actress doesn't become "famous" without first maintaining herself. As for admiring a celebrity when they dress badly -- that's you. There's another part of the public that's cringing and a certain percentage just waiting to jib "Look at that! She dresses just as bad as she acts!" If you're going in for a job interview dressed the way those "fugged" celebrities do, chances are that job's going to someone who maintains their appearance better. And I don't really see many "normal" people dressing like the celebrities that get "fugged". Not to mention, here's a point perhaps you didn't think of... (whispering) Her publicist or stylist may be having her do it.

I respect the COOL celebrities. The Winona Ryders...the Sean Penns...the Rachael McAdams'. The ones who do their own shopping.

In the case of Winona Ryder, that do their own shoplifting, too?

Last time I checked Winona Ryder, Sean Penn, and Rachael McAdams weren't exactly "famous". Neither of them are bankable box office draws. Neither is Mariah Carey nor Jennifer Lopez selling CDs or movies like hotcakes -- Even Tom Cruise has suffered for that matter. What does this prove? There's a fine line a celebrity has to walk. If they want to be "themselves" as you say, fine. They just won't be making the kind of bank Julia Roberts or Johnny Depp makes. If they want to surrender completely to their prima donna status, fine. They'll do a publicity overkill and spin out.

Hazzle
23-06-2006, 12:15 PM

Best post on any thread ever.

acliff
23-06-2006, 01:51 PM
I respect the COOL celebrities. The Winona Ryders...the Sean Penns...the Rachael McAdams'. The ones who do their own shopping. And I know that the vast majority of others are with me on this. Can you think of anyone more disgusting than Mariah Carey?

Jade Goody and Chantelle from Big Brother.
The above are true representatives of being celebrities without talent. At the very least Mariah Carey has a strong voice, however divalike she may be. Jade and Chantelle have nothing. Yet they have assistants, stylists, personal trainers, if you can believe it.
Deplorable.

Winona Ryder and Rachel McAdams are totally hot, and don't tell me that they don't have stylists, makeup artists and trainers.

GoPre
23-06-2006, 01:54 PM
Does anyone else think it's really dumb how celebrities will pay people to do things for them that they are perfectly capable of doing themselves?
Stylists to dress you; publicists to speak for you; personal trainers to motivate you; personal assistants to wipe your ass....How much do these people get paid, and does the celebrity actually EMPLOY them? If I was a celeb, I would save my goddamn money while I was still making it. And, yes -- I know that Keira has all of these things. I accept it, but she would be the coolest celebrity ever if she fired all of them.

BLAH!!!

In the case of stylists, personal trainers, and publicists the reason behind hiring them is quite frankly because they can do their job better than the celeb that is hiring them. These people people went to college to attain those jobs and are therefore much better and more knowledgeable about that area that the celeb that would be hiring them. Also, in Hollywood the public can either make you or break you so you think it would be a good idea to have someone who really knows what their doing like a publicist, because I'm sure most celebs don't go to college and study public relations, writing, etc. The same thing goes with stylists, your looks can either make you or break you, so why do it yourself when you can hire someone else to do a much better job? After all, this is their career, their life, and they spent many years perfecting their job as oppose the average celeb who may have some degree of skill in these area but not nearly a smuch as the professionals they hire to do it for them. As far a spersonal trainers go, let me first state that so many people that arn't celebs have personal trainers. It's not an uncommon thing at all really. People go to personal trainers because they can do a better job of getting them in shape than they can do themselves, whether they be helping them mentally or excersise. These people are extremely knowledgeable of their field and once again the went to college for it, so they obviously know more than the average joe and are much better than the average joe, so if you were a celeb where your level of fitness is obviously vital to peoples outlook on you wouldn't you want to hire these people to help you stay in good shape rather than using what little knowledge you have? I mean after all, all these things are going to determine how successfull that celeb is.

Now for nannies. Celebs are always busy, whether is be public appearences, or working on a movie. Infact, they can sometimes be working on several movies at one time. So, they hire nannies. Now I know what you're thinking, "But why don't they just bring their children with them to the movie shootings?" Well, if every celeb did tha then the movie set would be swarming with babies and I'm sure the director or what not wouldn't be to happy with that. Plus, since the mom or dad is going to be gone the whole time doing the picture then the babie is just going to be sitting there for hours on end every day, so better to have a nannie and leave it at home so it can properly be taken care of when its mom/dad isn't home right?

So the bottom line is, you're retarded.

Hazzle
23-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Jade Goody and Chantelle from Big Brother.
The above are true representatives of being celebrities without talent. At the very least Mariah Carey has a strong voice, however divalike she may be. Jade and Chantelle have nothing.

Heh. Loathsome the pair of them. Big Brother generally, is loathsome. Apart from that Krystal from the Australian one.

acliff
23-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Heh. Loathsome the pair of them. Big Brother generally, is loathsome. Apart from that Krystal from the Australian one.

I really like Imogen in the UK one. She is very cute, but realistically so. Big brother has a tendancy of showing people without straight out of bed without makeup, and she comes across surprisingly well. Not stacked full of character or humour, but *shrugs*

Hazzle
23-06-2006, 04:25 PM
I really like Imogen in the UK one. She is very cute, but realistically so. Big brother has a tendancy of showing people without straight out of bed without makeup, and she comes across surprisingly well. Not stacked full of character or humour, but *shrugs*

Agreed. I've not really been watching this series but she IS nice. Nikki's not bad but she's very made-up and also not particularly pleasant. Imogen is very Evangeline Lily I think.

kingdumbass
23-06-2006, 08:14 PM
Now for nannies. Celebs are always busy, whether is be public appearences, or working on a movie. Infact, they can sometimes be working on several movies at one time. So, they hire nannies. Now I know what you're thinking, "But why don't they just bring their children with them to the movie shootings?" Well, if every celeb did tha then the movie set would be swarming with babies and I'm sure the director or what not wouldn't be to happy with that. Plus, since the mom or dad is going to be gone the whole time doing the picture then the babie is just going to be sitting there for hours on end every day, so better to have a nannie and leave it at home so it can properly be taken care of when its mom/dad isn't home right?

So the bottom line is, you're retarded.

Again, if you can't raise a child, don't have one....
And the bottom line here is that the really big "celebrities" are retarded. They exist to be laughed at and reviled.

Sundance
23-06-2006, 09:08 PM
The bottom line here is that celebrities are retarded. They exist to be laughed at and reviled.

:eek13: -- Umm... hmm... I don't see this talk going much anywhere anymore.

kingdumbass
23-06-2006, 09:27 PM
Hey, I'm not the one who thinks it's OK to pay a stranger to raise my children....

DanMan
23-06-2006, 10:26 PM
LOL...Hazzle attempts another thread derailling...

Sundance
23-06-2006, 10:41 PM
I wish he'd succeeded on this one...

So... How about open-wheel racing vs. nascar?

Hazzle
24-06-2006, 12:04 AM
LOL...Hazzle attempts another thread derailling...

It's called conversation, cunt. Bite me.

Most of the points raised are stupid. Sorry Dumbass but they are. Stylists etc serve a purpose as packaging is all important. Hell a secretary can't even get a job unless she dresses right and flashes either a bit of leg or a bit of breast. We're a superficial society. Deal with it. This isn't limited solely to celebrities.

As for publicists, they have so many press releases to do it's good to have someone to organise that. Public relations is a billion dollar industry for a very good reason and it's not just laziness. It takes real skill to spin things. All the media consultants, publicists, spokespeople etc are all necessary. PAs are crucial to organise their very busy schedule. They often have to be in three different countries in the space of a week, that takes a lot of organising. Again, not just celebrities have PAs, a lot of busy people do.

Nannies are employed by people OTHER than celebrities too. In fact MOST people use some form of a nanny/nursery/creche scenario while they work. Anyone who's seen Angelina Jolie with her kid knows that Hollywood celebrities do dote on their kids, they just that in their line of work, sometimes they're working for days on end, hardly coming home, and then other times they have weeks and weeks off to spend with the kids. It's no different to anyone else in a job.

We see it more with celebrities because we invade their lives so much. But really, we're all the same. The only thing I'd say that's different are all the diva-esque riders that go into contracts. THAT is bullshit.

kingdumbass
24-06-2006, 12:53 AM
Oh, YEAH?
Well...you're gay.

So there.

And I will not bend on this nanny shit. Paying a stranger to raise your kids for you. What kind of shameful upper-class crap is that? Why not just give your kid to the nanny? Let her adopt the little sprout. He'd be better off. I also say that an adult does not need someone else to dress them. This is about the importance of SAVING MONEY!

I wish I would suddenly become an A-List celebrity. I'd show all of you bastards how it's done. I would have the worst attitude of any celeb ever, and people would love me for it.

Hazzle
24-06-2006, 12:58 AM
If you don't look right you don't make money. So saving it is irrelevant. So there.

Stop whinging about people with money using nannies. Working class people use nannies too. Maybe you have a different idea of nannies over there but most people have people they hire to look after their kids while they work, or go out, etc. Like babysitters etc?

Who the fuck said anything about RAISING the kid? We're talking about simply looking after them while you work! These people still raise their own kids.

kingdumbass
24-06-2006, 01:25 AM
If you don't look right you don't make money. So saving it is irrelevant. So there.

I'm not sure about that....
Take Miss Knightley, for example. She looked a million times better back in the days before she went all "glamour". I think just about everyone agrees on this.

And Victoria Beckham has a nanny for her kids. Here's what I'm wondering -- WHY??? As far as I can tell, she doesn't do a goddamn thing. So why can't she care for the little monsters herself?

Hazzle
24-06-2006, 01:31 AM
I'm not sure about that....
Take Miss Knightley, for example. She looked a million times better back in the days before she went all "glamour". I think just about everyone agrees on this.

But she makes a fuckload more money now, no? So she looks "better" as far as Hollywood is concerned. Do you think she gives a fuck what we think? I agree with you, incidentally, but the directors clearly don't :)

And Victoria Beckham has a nanny for her kids. Here's what I'm wondering -- WHY??? As far as I can tell, she doesn't do a goddamn thing. So why can't she care for the little monsters herself?

She does. She's pictured with them all the time. It's just a bit of help as she does have three of them an added pair of hands can be helpful.

Swordsman
24-06-2006, 06:11 AM

Is this supposed to uh...bug me? Is this some movaje desert joke i'm not getting. You talkin' about the king? Sundance, do know that i wasn't serious?

Sundance
24-06-2006, 08:37 AM
Is this supposed to uh...bug me?

I'm really not too sure. Did it?

Is this some movaje desert joke i'm not getting. You talkin' about the king?

Actually, it's a Mojave desert joke dating back to Shakespeare and HAMLET and the Biblical King.

Sundance, do know that i wasn't serious?

I do think I like you Swordsman. You're funny.

kingdumbass
24-06-2006, 09:25 AM
I hate it when people say stuff that requires an education to understand....
So stop it!

Let's talk about HAPPY things, like Britney Spears. YAAAAYY!!!

Hazzle
24-06-2006, 12:11 PM
Christ who the fuck didn't get that? Who doesn't know who King Herod was?!

Fucking hell...

Ahh well. Shame that a rather excellent joke got ruined by being explained.

Swordsman
24-06-2006, 07:29 PM
YO BALLS! I haven't gotten to Hamlet yet! I'm just a sophmore!

Sundance
26-06-2006, 05:35 PM
I'm just a sophmore!

Sometimes it shows.

Kelsey
26-06-2006, 05:55 PM
I don't think it's stupid, since I will hopefully be depending on that pretty soon. Though I won't be an umbrella holder or anything, I'm pretty sure. *That*, I think, is a little unneccesary.

hasselbrad
26-06-2006, 05:57 PM
I don't think it's stupid, since I will hopefully be depending on that pretty soon. Though I won't be an umbrella holder or anything, I'm pretty sure. *That*, I think, is a little unneccesary.

Fingers crossed! How's all that going?

runangl
26-06-2006, 06:13 PM
*That*, I think, is a little unneccesary.
just don't get stuck doing shit jobs that are definitely OUT of the catagorey. i used to take care of a few kids and it was great for the first few weeks, and then all of a sudden the mom started having me go out to get her starbucks and stuff. i mean i didn't really care because i was getting paid, but... "if you give a mouse a cookie"