PDA

View Full Version : I am rooting for the hurricanes this year.

hasselbrad
22-06-2006, 05:29 PM
I am fed up with the state of Florida. New regulations that take effect on July 1 regarding the ridiculous fucking drug pedigrees will be all but impossible to comply with, so we will probably be forced to stop handling prescription drugs, thus losing out on large chunks of business.
The real kicker is that there is the possibility that large distributors who buy their drugs directly from the manufacturer will be able to sell directly to physicians without providing the tedious documentation that we are required to. If that is the case, game over. We will be run right out of business.
The pedigree is basically a piece of paper that "proves" that a drug hasn't been altered or counterfeited. Problem is, someone engaged in the counterfeit drug trade isn't going to think twice about forging one of these pedigrees. It's like passing gun laws and thinking it's going to have an effect on gang violence. They are breaking the law by selling drugs and killing people anyway. Is a gang going to start using slingshots because guns are outlawed? No.
I hate the goddamned government.
This is why I am rooting for the hurricanes. A Cat-5 right through Tallahassee would be great...unless there can be a Cat-6. :p

Jacoby
22-06-2006, 06:23 PM
Is a gang going to start using slingshots because guns are outlawed? No.

If it's a Dennis the Menace gang.

Sundance
22-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Is a gang going to start using slingshots because guns are outlawed?

They use their fists on the streets where I'm from.

Drug pedigrees? Hadn't heard of that. What pantywaist pup thought of that?

"This is to certify your prescription of Zocor has been certified and is of true pedigree. You may now enter the bottle in the Westminster Kennel Club and Dog Show."

hasselbrad
23-06-2006, 10:31 PM
They use their fists on the streets where I'm from.

Drug pedigrees? Hadn't heard of that. What pantywaist pup thought of that?

"This is to certify your prescription of Zocor has been certified and is of true pedigree. You may now enter the bottle in the Westminster Kennel Club and Dog Show."

Stupid politicians.

kingdumbass
23-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Wait a minute....
Do these changes mean that prescription drugs are going to be LESS safe? Because if so, I'm all for it!

And I, too, am rooting for the hurricanes. As a resident of the fine state of Michigan, I always point and laugh when I see another part of the country being destroyed by a natural disaster on TV.

Sundance
23-06-2006, 10:38 PM
I always point and laugh when I see another part of the country being destroyed by a natural disaster on TV.

Until Canada starts melting on top of you.

hasselbrad
23-06-2006, 10:42 PM
Wait a minute....
Do these changes mean that prescription drugs are going to be LESS safe? Because if so, I'm all for it!

They think it's supposed to make the world safer, but it will just wind up clogging up the works. It's like sending the Secret Service out to bust open rolls of pennies to make sure they aren't counterfeit.

kingdumbass
23-06-2006, 10:45 PM
I would point and laugh at that, too....
I actually envy those of you who get to experience natural disasters. At least there's some excitement in your lives. I've always wanted to be in an earthquake, flood, or hurricane. I don't care if it's dangerous; I want some FUN!

I'm visiting a friend in Arizona in two weeks, and I'm really hoping that those wildfires are still going when I get there. I want to see them!

Sundance
23-06-2006, 10:46 PM
It's like sending the Secret Service out to bust open rolls of pennies to make sure they aren't counterfeit.

I think I'm going to write my local Congressman about doing that. But they've probably already written up the bill.