PDA

View Full Version : Wallpaper - Renaissance One (revived)

barrington
16-07-2004, 11:49 AM
Lost in the mire of the old forum was my one and only Keira wallpaper contribution. Far be it from me to deny anyone else the pleasure of large-size gorgeousness so I thought I might post it up again.

Made sometime last year in Photoshop 6 with a Wacom Graphire 2 tablet to do an overpaint of a magazine scan. Levels and curves were tweaked to give the "blown out" hightlights while an overpaint of the Cutout filter lends the dappled effect of hand-painting. I used a layer mask to gradually reduce the amount of detail with distance from Keira's face. The original scan stopped just beyond her left arm so I had to paint in the entire wall from scratch using the tablet and merge it with the original painting

Hell of a lot of work for really quite a subtle effect; the hallmark of a quality piece. :D

As before, I hope this finds it's way on to some desktops.

Renaissance One
http://www.kkwavefront.com/images/renaissance_paper_01.jpg

apoggy
16-07-2004, 11:51 AM
I had that one on my desktop for a time. Top notch young sir

Hazzle
18-07-2004, 02:19 AM
Love how Poggs manages to call his boss, and a man a year older than he is, "young sir" :)

I remember this wallpaper...had it for ages...dropped it for now but it may make a return...it is very spiffeh.