PDA

View Full Version : Curb Your Enthusiasm

Jacoby
20-06-2006, 10:38 PM
A bit of a random thread. Just wondering if anyone else out there is a fan of Larry David and his show. I've only seen season two so far (my boss let me borrow the DVD) but it's pretty fucking hilarious if I do say so myself. I suggest watching it.

Larry David was the co-creator of Seinfeld. Which is used in the show a lot.
And I find his wife strangely attractive. Especially the beach episode (pretty awesome body on her.)

The poll is retarded, ignore it if possible.

Ranman
20-06-2006, 10:52 PM
I always go with # 4, sorry Jake

duckula
20-06-2006, 10:56 PM
I watch bits and pieces, it always strikes me as funny and will make me laugh. However, it doesn't quite have the comedic impact of something like a great simpsons or faulty towers episode.

Jacoby
20-06-2006, 11:14 PM
I watch bits and pieces, it always strikes me as funny and will make me laugh. However, it doesn't quite have the comedic impact of something like a great simpsons or faulty towers episode.

Yeah, it's not really laugh-a-minute like some other shows out there. I really enjoy it, though. I've never heard of faulty towers. What's that one about?

Kelsey
20-06-2006, 11:37 PM
I like the idea of an improv show, but I don't get HBO so I don't watch it.

duckula
21-06-2006, 12:41 AM
If you don't get HBO, how can you watch The Wire (the best television show ever)?

Hazzle
21-06-2006, 09:35 AM
What Ducks and Ran said. And heh about not hearing of Fawlty Towers (shame on you for the spelling error Ducks!). It was a classic British sit-com with John Cleese, but they only ever made one series and it's hardly known outside of Britain, despite being the best thing we've ever done.

Sundance
21-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Isn't John Cleese in everything Britain's done?

Hazzle
21-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Cleese is a legend.

Foeni
21-06-2006, 09:59 AM
What Ducks and Ran said. And heh about not hearing of Fawlty Towers (shame on you for the spelling error Ducks!). It was a classic British sit-com with John Cleese, but they only ever made one series and it's hardly known outside of Britain, despite being the best thing we've ever done.
Fawlty Towers is great. My dad got 3 out of 4 vhs of them..

Que?

Sundance
21-06-2006, 09:59 AM
I agree. John Cleese is a legend. I was jokingly referring to the fact he played about three/four roles in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Come to think of it, I guess the entire cast had more than one part. But John Cleese had the best ones. They should've let him play the whole damn thing.

hasselbrad
21-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Rock the Casbah...definitely.

My cousin tells me I should watch it, but I don't. I always seem to find it when it's half over.