PDA

View Full Version : Footballing News

Pages : 1 2 [3]

CFC
05-01-2005, 01:24 AM
The Sooners are gonna kick the Trojans' asses.

Wrong football thread buddy.

Chelsea won 2-0 today :)

PhoeniX
08-01-2005, 05:29 PM
Here are all of the results from Saturday's play:

Birmingham 3-0 Leeds
Charlton 4-1 Rochdale
Chelsea 3-1 Scunthorpe
Cardiff 1-1 Blackburn
Coventry 3-0 Crewe
Derby 2-1 Wigan
Ipswich 1-3 Bolton
Leicester 2-2 Blackpool
Luton 0-2 Brentford
Northampton 1-3 Southampton
Notts County 1-2 Middlesbrough
Preston 0-2 West Brom
QPR 0-3 Nottm Forest
Rotherham 0-3 Yeovil
Sheff Utd 3-1 Aston Villa
Sunderland 2-1 Crystal Palace
Tottenham 2-1 Brighton
Watford 1-1 Fulham
West Ham 1-0 Norwich
Wolves 2-0 Millwall
Plymouth 1-2 Everton H/T
Man Utd 0-0 Exeter
Oldham 1-0 Man City
Birmingham 3-0 Leeds

Man U 0-0 Exeter!

09 January
Arsenal v Stoke
Yeading v Newcastle

18 January 2005
Burnley v Liverpool

FooTM
02-02-2005, 06:33 PM
''hello! hello! We are the busby boys - hello! hello! We are the busby boys - we all follow United!''

In your face Arsenal scum! YA SHADAAAAP

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40784000/jpg/_40784873_ronaldo300.jpg

Renegade
02-02-2005, 09:25 PM
Good job United but what's really cool is that guy with the FCUK sweater. I don't know if that's a brand or not, but it's awesome and I want one.

wayne09
02-02-2005, 09:40 PM
West Ham Utd are 9th with 45 pts in Championship... We'll never make it this year :(

CFC
03-02-2005, 12:08 AM
Looks like Chelsea has sealed the premiership for this year.

FooTM
03-02-2005, 03:21 PM
Good job United but what's really cool is that guy with the FCUK sweater. I don't know if that's a brand or not, but it's awesome and I want one.

Its French Connection UK. Its pretty popular over here.

Edward
04-02-2005, 07:19 PM
FOOOK sake villa....miss 2 pens then let them score in last 20secs :(

i don't think chelsea has won it yet, they might lose points because of this ashleycole thing, and i think they will lose against arsenal and manu

Andrew
04-02-2005, 08:15 PM
FOOOK sake villa....miss 2 pens then let them score in last 20secs :(
Tell me about it :mad: , Angel was told not to take the second penalty aswell but ignored O'Leary. But even worse is the fact that the joke that is Carlton Cole keeps getting picked in the starting line up when he is useless and lazy.

MrPink
05-02-2005, 03:56 PM
c.cole is a good player but i don't think he suits villa's style. he would do better at a club like boro who are playing 5 accross the midfield with one upfront. if ash cole leaves arsenal i'll hunt him down and kill him.

FooTM
05-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Another win for United today, 2-0 at home against Birmingham. Woo! Roy Keane gets his 50th for the club.

PhoeniX
05-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Another win for Norwich. Norwich 3-2 West Brom. WOOOOO

Andrew
05-02-2005, 10:50 PM
c.cole is a good player but i don't think he suits villa's style. he would do better at a club like boro who are playing 5 accross the midfield with one upfront. if ash cole leaves arsenal i'll hunt him down and kill him.
I dont think lazyness and not putting effort in suits anyones style and has led to him being known as Cant Control

MrPink
06-02-2005, 04:23 PM
First off all 3-1 to the arsenal!!!!!! secondly, i see your point andrew but i still think that if you put him in a system with a lone striker he will be a much better player

FooTM
06-02-2005, 06:32 PM
Chelsea got a draw today with Man City. 9 points is the gap.

Surely it couldn't happen...could it?

CFC
13-02-2005, 02:26 PM
Chelsea - 1
Everton - 0

FooTM
13-02-2005, 02:41 PM
Beattie, what a cockface. He's just screwed Man Utd over completely. Gudjohnson got a lucky goal and are now gonna romp on to win it.
Absolute tosser.

Andrew
13-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Beattie, what a cockface. He's just screwed Man Utd over completely. Gudjohnson got a lucky goal and are now gonna romp on to win it.
Absolute tosser.
I don't think you can blame it on Beattie that Man Utd aren't going to win the league.

FooTM
14-02-2005, 12:44 PM
I don't think you can blame it on Beattie that Man Utd aren't going to win the league.

Obviously. But there was the off-chance and he's just shitted or rather headbutted that prospect.

Andrew
14-02-2005, 12:46 PM
Obviously. But there was the off-chance and he's just shitted or rather headbutted that prospect.
It was funny though and probably the craziest sending off i've seen

FooTM
20-02-2005, 05:38 PM
It was funny though and probably the craziest sending off i've seen

I beg to differ :P *looks at Bergkamp*

Man Utd won, Arsenal drew and Chelsea lost :D what a weekend.

PhoeniX
21-02-2005, 05:52 PM
Did anyone see the Burnley V Blackburn game? It was crap but funny when that guy cam onto the pitch and confronted Savage

Andrew
21-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Did anyone see the Burnley V Blackburn game? It was crap but funny when that guy cam onto the pitch and confronted Savage
It was funny when he knocked the policemans helmet off and savage looked like he was gonna cry.

PhoeniX
01-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Can someone please tell me how a team can storm into a 2-0 lead and then loose 3-2?

Andrew
01-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Can someone please tell me how a team can storm into a 2-0 lead and then loose 3-2?
Did you see the Delia Smith bit at half time when she was drunk, it was hilarious and embarrasing if your a Norwich fan.

PhoeniX
02-03-2005, 09:00 AM
Did you see the Delia Smith bit at half time when she was drunk, it was hilarious and embarrasing if your a Norwich fan.

Yeah it was, and she seems to think that it roused the fans, which is why we lost. Meh, She's still a good cook.

MrPink
04-03-2005, 08:29 PM
word on the street is... wenger will sell vieira in the summer. bring in manice and a few others. the board want big players to come to arsenal as the squad is crumbling to be honest. wenger will get the majority of the 30 mill. from a granada sponsership deal.

PhoeniX
07-03-2005, 04:22 PM
word on the street is... wenger will sell vieira in the summer. bring in manice and a few others. the board want big players to come to arsenal as the squad is crumbling to be honest. wenger will get the majority of the 30 mill. from a granada sponsership deal.

Where did you get that from? Hope Veira does go though, but why would he sell him if they want big players?

Now I know what the bottom of the Premiership feels like. :icon_sad:

Jamie
07-03-2005, 04:30 PM
LOL... It was last summer this story was going about Viera won't go.

MrPink
09-03-2005, 06:24 PM
LOL... It was last summer this story was going about Viera won't go.
dude, for the last four summers there has been stories about vieira going.

bellum, i spose he'll let him go because all the speculation of him going disrupts the team during pre-season. vieira considered a move to real this summer so maybe wenger thinks his heart isn't really in the club, i dunno. i hope he doesn't go.

arsenal Vs Blackburn Man. Utd> Vs Newcastle F.A cup semi final. i think arsenal v newcastle final arsenal to win.

My school, Millfield, won the independant school sup final on monday. YES!!!!!!!! played at the walkers stadium. 7 players out of our first team have been scouted to go to clubs. one of my friends who played is going to middlesbrough. dunno bout the others. unlucky hampton (the team we beat)

PhoeniX
09-04-2005, 09:25 PM
YEAH!!! Norwich 2-0 Man U, and I still don't believe it's too late....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/default.stm

MrPink
11-04-2005, 11:15 PM
lol... sorry mate, it's to late. honestly i can't see them staying up. they can pull off the odd upset but i don't think they can beat the clubs around them like wba or soton. + wba saints and palace have had decent form lately

apoggy
13-05-2005, 11:31 PM
MUFC, may you rest in peace.

Digital_Ice
14-05-2005, 12:25 AM
not dead yet is it?

last i heard he had another 0.19% to go....

PhoeniX
14-05-2005, 05:20 PM
He's 76 so I can't really see why he wants it that much.

PhoeniX
28-02-2006, 09:33 PM
Well near the end of the season and we're 12th... fucking hell! I doubt Worthy will last till the end of the season.

So what does anyone think will happen as the end of the season nears?

I've been watching Brentford play recently they're fans are a laugh

MrPink
10-08-2006, 07:39 PM
New season is coming.... COME ON!!! we've purchased rosicky (awesome signing for the price we got him) we're losing cole (he isn't in the official team photo). we'll get gallas in. hopefully somebody else. dominated dinamo zagreb. reyes on his way out. hopefully ribery in. Yeovil 2 games unbeaton. chelsea have just about bought the rest of the world. rooney and scholes have been sent off and probably banned for the first bit of the season. John terrry captain of england, Stevie G vice.... should be the other way around i think but i'm not SM. WOW, all that and the season hasn't even officially started yet.... u've got to love football

Hazzle
11-08-2006, 08:02 AM
New season is coming.... COME ON!!! we've purchased rosicky (awesome signing for the price we got him) we're losing cole (he isn't in the official team photo). we'll get gallas in. hopefully somebody else. dominated dinamo zagreb. reyes on his way out. hopefully ribery in. Yeovil 2 games unbeaton. chelsea have just about bought the rest of the world. rooney and scholes have been sent off and probably banned for the first bit of the season. John terrry captain of england, Stevie G vice.... should be the other way around i think but i'm not SM. WOW, all that and the season hasn't even officially started yet.... u've got to love football

Heh. Rosicky, yes. No chance of Gallas. Cole may stay, but I think he's off. I doubt there was just one official team photo because I heard different rumours, some that Cole was in it and Reyes wasn't, some the opposite. I reckon they took one with Reyes in but without Cole, one with Cole in but without Reyes, and one with both of them in, to ensure whatever happened they'd be covered.

If Reyes goes I don't think we'll buy Ribery as he's not only cup-tied for Europe (having played last night for Marseille) but has come out with a statement saying he's changed his mind and wants to stay. I also don't want him as he's not worth the fee being mentioned. I think he's average at best.

Terry's the right choice for captain, Stevie G acts like a captain without the armband, but Terry seems to need it. He plays far better for Chelsea than England, can't say the same for Stevie G and Liverpool. Stevie G gives 100% for England anyway.

MrPink
11-08-2006, 10:43 AM
i dunno. if we lose cole then gallas will come. he wants to leave anyways, as he's being played at left back and if cole comes then he prob won't even start. he'll come to arsenal where we'll play him in the centre with kolo with gael at left back. i'd be happy with that. As for ribery, i don't think he's average, he's just a bit mercurial. does nothing for a long time but conjures up something from nothing. also think we can do better than him tho.

as for england captain, i've always preferred midfielders as captains. i know tony adams was great, but i preferred vieira as skip. just think they get more of a hold on the game. but hey, thats just me

Hazzle
11-08-2006, 01:25 PM
i dunno. if we lose cole then gallas will come. he wants to leave anyways, as he's being played at left back and if cole comes then he prob won't even start. he'll come to arsenal where we'll play him in the centre with kolo with gael at left back. i'd be happy with that.

Gael's often injured, and if he was, I think we'd ask Gallas to play left back, but if it's a choice between getting him or playing him left back, I'd agree. However I can't see Chelsea agreeing to selling him to us, and I think we wants to leave to go abroad. I had my confidence about Gallas but as time goes on I think it's less likely. I hope I'm wrong though, Gallas is fucking excellent.

As for ribery, i don't think he's average, he's just a bit mercurial. does nothing for a long time but conjures up something from nothing. also think we can do better than him tho.

Robinho for one would be a better choice. Ribery's ok, but Rosicky and Hleb would both start ahead of him and Ribery's not as good as Reyes, so we'd be taking a step backwards. They want to offer us Baptista and Lyon Robinho (for Diarra), apparently, so if they're willing to let Robinho go, maybe they'll let us have him? Baptista would fit in better at Lyon (as an Essien replacement) than Robinho anyway.

as for england captain, i've always preferred midfielders as captains. i know tony adams was great, but i preferred vieira as skip. just think they get more of a hold on the game. but hey, thats just me

I always think defenders are the best captains as the entire play goes on in front of them. I see your point about midfielders but I think we were at our best with Tony as captain and Vieira vice, because a defender is a great captain and a midfielder is a great vice.

It's like a defender is the commander in chief but the midfielder is the general.

MrPink
11-08-2006, 02:52 PM
yer, robihno would be good although he hasn't quite lived up to the hype at real, spose, their play might not suit him.

what you think about becks being left out?