PDA

View Full Version : Footballing News

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Sarah
07-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Grimsby have to play Charlton! Oh dear me. We'll beat them, we are great this season! Who cares if they are a premiership team!!

PhoeniX
07-09-2004, 07:03 PM
Grimsby have to play Charlton! Oh dear me. We'll beat them, we are great this season! Who cares if they are a premiership team!!

Norwich nearly beat Man United, with Bentley and Huckerby were ALMOST unstopable

Sarah
07-09-2004, 08:21 PM
Norwich nearly beat Man United, with Bentley and Huckerby were ALMOST unstopable

Yes, but just a small emphasis on nearly. lol

CFC
07-09-2004, 08:39 PM
Yep still undefeated and we got Robben back.

However Drogba was injured in international play but I don't know how seriously hurt he is.

CFC
14-09-2004, 08:29 PM
Champions League play starts today. Well I think some games have already been played but today is....

Arsenal vs PSV Eindhoven
and
Chelsea vs Paris SG

deviljet88
15-09-2004, 09:18 AM
Arsenal won, 1-0 :) Crap game though, won on own goal =\

DragonRat
16-09-2004, 01:53 AM
We have a relatively easy group to work with, honestly, but I can see us topping our group (as we did last year, after some miraculous comebacks). At our best, we are probably the most dangerous team in Europe, barring Milan. I personally saw Leverkusen simply dominate Real today, and it was just embarrassing how Real played. (Camacho didn't even put in Owen, who I thought was definitely needed in the last half...instead he brought in Celades and Solari.) But I also had it to Leverkusen; they played great football, and they simply were the better team (MUCH better).

apoggy
16-09-2004, 01:56 AM
Here's a loaded question for all you guys to ravage me over. Why do United make things so difficult for themselves?

Great comeback I might add though :D

CFC
16-09-2004, 02:07 AM
Chelsea won 3-0 and Drogba finally looked like the player Chelsea played for.

Can Man Utd avoid relegation this season?

PhoeniX
18-09-2004, 06:36 PM
What happened to Arsenal? 2-2 with Bolton?!?! But they did draw with Man U aswell so they can't be bad..but Man U aren't playing their best in the early stages of this season

CFC
18-09-2004, 07:51 PM
WTG Bolton!!!!!!!

No Chelsea game until tomorrow. It is alsoon during the same time as the Panthers game I think.

Which one do I watch?

Sarah
18-09-2004, 07:53 PM
Grimsby won today. Lovely game. We had a penalty too. Great goal from our French player, Tomas Pinault (pronounced Pee-no)

Nice.

CFC
19-09-2004, 02:21 AM
What do you guys think about Real Madrid so far? They have bought so much talent, even more then Chelsea yet they look horrible. I think it is a good thing Vieria stayed at Arsenal.

Mistikle
19-09-2004, 04:14 AM
(Camacho didn't even put in Owen, who I thought was definitely needed in the last half...instead he brought in Celades and Solari.)
i agree on the Owen thing! he's a great player!... when he plays well...

DragonRat
20-09-2004, 06:35 AM
What do you guys think about Real Madrid so far? They have bought so much talent, even more then Chelsea yet they look horrible. I think it is a good thing Vieria stayed at Arsenal.

Vieira stayed in Arsenal, simply because he knew his status would remain undeniably in Highbury, and that his fluidity as an all-around midfielder would be sorely lacking in his would-be role in Madrid as a primarily holding midfielder. Madrid actually desperately require his services, or any other holding midfielder. They let Makelele go, were denied Davids and Vieira, Xabi Alonso went to Liverpool. That's probably the really biggest problem for Madrid - their indelibly key lack of defense.

As for Arsenal, they are currently rolling. The Bolton trip might have been inevitable (you can't win 'em all), but they are still tops in the Prem, tops in their CL stage, and still...still...undefeated.

Sarah
21-09-2004, 10:07 AM
Tonight Grimsby are playing a premiership team - Charlton Athletic. Its at home, so they all have to come to our shit hole. I'm sure they will enjoy it.

PhoeniX
22-09-2004, 06:18 PM
Tonight Grimsby are playing a premiership team - Charlton Athletic. Its at home, so they all have to come to our shit hole. I'm sure they will enjoy it.
It was close, looking at the gap between divisions

Sarah
22-09-2004, 07:52 PM
We lost 0-2.

However, we played well. Grimsby deserved to win last night - truly. We were the dominant team, in fact, I couldn't believe that it wasn't US in the Premiership judging on last night's performance.

We had 16 fantastic shots and 0 goals. They have just four shots and 2 goals.

We played well, shame the luck was on their side.

PhoeniX
24-09-2004, 06:12 PM
Is Rooney playing this weekend for Man U? Pr did he play in the week

WE'LL BEAT LIVERPOOL!!!!

Sarah
24-09-2004, 06:21 PM
I thought Rooney was still off because of his injury? They said it would be a few more weeks yet.

CFC
25-09-2004, 02:46 AM
Last I saw he will make his first Man Utd appearence at Middlesbrough.

CFC
28-09-2004, 11:09 PM
Wow. Man Utd might be a froce to be reckoned with after all this season. Rooney looked really well in his debut for Man Utd. A hat trick is against Fenerbahce is a great way to start off.

CFC
23-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Last time I try.

Saturday

Norwich v Everton 12:45
Aston Villa v Fulham 15:00
Chelsea v Blackburn 15:00
Crystal Palace v West Brom 15:00
Tottenham v Bolton 15:00
Liverpool v Charlton 17:15

Sunday

Southampton v Birmingham 14:00
Middlesbrough v Portsmouth 15:00
Newcastle v Man City 15:00
Man Utd v Arsenal 16:05

Utd v Arsenal will be the game of the week. I think this will be a great match. I think Rooney and the rest od Utd will put a few in since Arsenal has not had the strongest defense this year BUT they do have the power to out score anybody in Europe.

I'll be going out to pick up FIFA 2005 today!!! After the Chelsea match of course.

deviljet88
23-10-2004, 01:38 PM
Is Arsenal still undefeated? Only thing I'm interested in since soccer coverage is still stuffed down in Australia.

CFC
23-10-2004, 02:20 PM
Yes they are.

Hazzle
23-10-2004, 04:46 PM
Yes we are...50th game of the run comes against United tomorrow. At Old Trafford no less. Now THAT is not only the match of the week, it's the match of the season, match of the decade imho. There hasn't been this much build up to a United-Arsenal game in YEARS, and given these are the best sides in the country (sorry Chelsea fans, but Chelsea largely owe their second spot last year to Rio Ferdinand), and given the fight after the last match at OT (I myself am praying for a bloodbath this year...I want to see United played die on the pitch, whatever the consequences for us...I want a fight damnit, like in '89)...this is HUGE.

Oh, and CFC...our defence isn't that bad, and United haven't been scoring freely in the league this season...fuck me if they can't score against Birmingham how are they going to manage it against us?

I expect a 1-1 draw myself. Yeah...I doubt it'll be free-scoring and I doubt either side'll win. It'll be a war though.

Wow. Man Utd might be a froce to be reckoned with after all this season. Rooney looked really well in his debut for Man Utd. A hat trick is against Fenerbahce is a great way to start off.

United are too far behind to consider winning the title imho...they're not quite a force to be reckoned with yet and I'm not so impressed with Rooney's hat trick to be blunt. He's a fat tub of lard. At least Ronaldo has skills...he just lacks a final ball.

Whereas our Spanish Prince, Reyes...is scoring freely...Fabregas...now THAT is a fucking talent. 17 and actually looking more impressive than Vieira...fuck me this kid's going to be a phenom.

Not taking anything for granted but it's hard to look beyond Arsenal for the title already, c'mon.

PhoeniX
24-10-2004, 03:22 PM
Norwich loose AGAIN...we should beat Blackburn the week after next.

If Robert Green goes to a bigger club at the second tranfer window then we have no chance as he is the main reason that we went up. We should also beat Man City next week. Hey, i'm Optermistic.

Hazzle
24-10-2004, 06:14 PM
And so the fabled run is over. All good things must come to an end, as they say, it's just a shame for refereeing errors to have ended such a majestic streak. It sure as hell wasn't United who once more looked devoid of ideas in front of goal, Rooney and Ronaldo were both largely ineffective and only really Scholes shone.

I thought football was 11 v 11, not 11 v 12. The referee's performance was so one-sided I'd be surprised if he wasn't wearing a red shirt underneath his uniform. Not only should Ferdinand have been sent off, not only should Gary Neville have gotten two yellows for two horrific tackles on Reyes, and joined his druggie teammate for an early bath, but they won thanks to a penalty that never was. There was absolutely no contact, and Rooney blatently dived, before the fat cunt added a second while Arsenal were chasing an equaliser that we shouldn't have needed. I suppose there IS no better place for Rooney to perfect his diving skills than United.

I wish I could congratulate United on a job well done, but unfortunately their cheating throughout, making tackles that were more like wrestling holds than football challenges, and diving repeatedly (Rooney and Ronaldo were especially guilty of this) leaves a sour taste in my mouth. It's a shame they couldn't even match us, let alone outplay us, and once again had to rely on the old United staple of cheating their way to victory. It's what the empire is built upon after all.

But such is life. The run had to end eventually, and in many ways it's a blessing in disguise. Now that the pressure of that run is off the shoulders of this amazing Arsenal team I fully expect us to go on and retain our crown. But Rooney and co had better expect a heated encounter at Highbury, and revenge will be served...either through bloodshed, or us outplaying them silly and spanking them, or most likely, both. I look forward with relish to the rematch.

I'm not at all bitter we lost, just a little annoyed at the manner of the defeat. If this isn't a match that highlights the need for better refereeing I don't know what is.

apoggy
25-10-2004, 12:32 PM
Arsenal's 49ers go down with a snarl
After 49 matches and 17 months of sharing the exuberant beauty of Arsenal’s unbeaten run, we deserved more than to watch it all end in ugliness. We had forgotten since the last time it happened so very long ago that The Invincibles are bad losers. Very bad. And even if that is part of what has made them so difficult to conquer, it meant that their record-breaking run ended stripped of honour and grace in this tempestuous 2-0 defeat. Something so incredible, something that will probably never be approached again, should have ended only with handshakes and applause. Instead, Arsenal risked tarnishing the memory of everything they had won by throwing their toys out of the pram like spoilt brats when they confronted defeat for the first time since May 2003.

Need I say more?

deviljet88
25-10-2004, 02:01 PM
No you need not. Good on Arsenal for winning 49 matches in a row, most of which was from last season, which was an undefeated romp to the top. Just hope they don't lose it and lose the next few matches.

Hazzle
25-10-2004, 05:41 PM
Need I say more?

Not really. Glad you highlighted this bit

Originally Posted by Daily Mirror

Yeah...that font of wisdom and great newsworthy stories.

Btw...99.9% of the British media has called the game "controversial" and raised doubts over both Rio and the penalty. Interviews afterwards did, the TV news, everyone. Barring the Daily Mirror which is hardly a new position for the paper that always cocks it up.

Oh, and did I read incorrectly that Ruud's been cited for serious foul play? Nuff fucking said.

DragonRat
25-10-2004, 06:40 PM
Fergie's a tard.

I hope Ruud gets suspended. (Unfortunately, all I read were the reports about yesterday's game, and most - if not all - of the writers and commentators stated that the Ruud-Cole incident was undoubtedly biased, as well as the Rio-Ljungberg incident.) But, I suppose we were bound to get those calls at Old Trafford.

And this is not the end of Arsenal at all. Here's to another 49-straight unbeaten streak.

PhoeniX
25-10-2004, 07:19 PM
Fergason and Wenger are fuckers. Wenger is better though but after such a long time can't face defeat. Man U didn't moan as much last year but then again I can't remamber that far and don't care enough to remember that far back I think Chealsea will win the league (due to all the fuss between Man U and Arsenal)....or Norwich

CFC
25-10-2004, 08:49 PM
I think it is Chelsea's year also, then again i am slightly biased.

apoggy
25-10-2004, 09:23 PM
Arsenal still couldn't break our defence, I care not what you say about the penalty, the Christiano Ronaldo shout was a definate penalty just after it anyway so we were bound to get one. Rio was lucky to stay on, but those types of decisions happen to every team throghout the season we just happened to get it this game.

That said I don't agree about Arsenal outplaying us, it was even or slightly in our favour over the match. We won, thats all that mattered, lets see if we can gain as little more ground in the championship race

P.S. Chelsea are turd :P

CFC
25-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Manchester United 0 - 1 Chelsea

Hazzle
25-10-2004, 11:17 PM
Arsenal still couldn't break our defence, I care not what you say about the penalty, the Christiano Ronaldo shout was a definate penalty just after it anyway so we were bound to get one. Rio was lucky to stay on, but those types of decisions happen to every team throghout the season we just happened to get it this game.

That said I don't agree about Arsenal outplaying us, it was even or slightly in our favour over the match. We won, thats all that mattered, lets see if we can gain as little more ground in the championship race

P.S. Chelsea are turd :P

Err...we couldn't break your defence? That's why we had Freddie clean through, only to be hauled down, that's why Henry had the best chance of the game other than Rooney's goal which was a counter against a team with every player forward (I mean ffs, my Granny could create chances with 3 v 2)...and in fact the ONLY reason your defence held together (a fact widely accepted by everyone) was because Rio had a great game (and he did) but had he been sent off, when he should have that would've changed the game. Fuck the penalty, 10 v 11 you'd have had to reshuffle, Rooney probably would've been the man off and had Ruud been rightfully sent off, you'd have been down to 9. As for not being able to break you down...we did...and every time we did a Neville brother would chop down Reyes with an X-rated tackle. Fuck me EVERY pundit in the country is saying Gary Neville should've been booked FAR earlier for the treatment he dished to Reyes, who quite frankly bossed the game. The only reason you had supremacy after the pen was because Reyes had been taken off, largely to prevent him having his career ruined by a broken leg, which seemed more likely than the ref actually protecting him.

No, the decision that went Rio's way wasn't an ambiguous, "sometimes those things happen" it was a blatent home decision given by a ref who's given 8 penalties in his last 8 games involving United, 7 of which were to United, and whose appointment was questioned by pundits BEFORE the game, let alone after it.

As for the Ronaldo penalty...put it this way. There were 4 major decisions in the game. Rio, Ruud, the penalty, and the Ronaldo incident. 3 went in favour of United, one against. And the LAST one went against United. Had even ONE of the earlier decisions gone our way, the game might well have been TOTALLY different. After Rooney's "pen" we were chasing a game we shouldn't have been, which was the ONLY reason Ronaldo got space in a game where Ashley had him in his backpocket, up until he was pushed into attacking play because of the need to get an equaliser. Everyone said it was reminiscent of Euro 2004 where Ashley shackled Ronaldo. I mean ffs, how would United have even BEEN in our box with 9 men on the pitch? Are you on dope? You'd have taken off Rooney to bring on a defender to replace Rio, and then Ruud would've been off so where would your forward players be? On the bench? I couldn't see Fergie making an attacking substitution with 9 players v 11.

Yes, when all's said and done, you won. I accept that. Had there not been 3 MAJOR decisions gone against us, had it been just the penalty, I might well have said...y'know what...Ashley's trip on Ronaldo was a pen (I didn't think so at first, because it appeared both players slipped, but replays showed me that Ashley lunged into a tackle and THEN Ronaldo dummied him, so it was a blatent pen) so it evened itself out. But it wasn't one...it wasn't 2...but THREE MAJOR decisions...plus several niggly ones.

Had there not been so much controversy, I would've looked at it this way. The run had to end. And ending at OT, against United, is no disgrace. It's just a shame that an even game, where Arsenal slightly shaded it up until the penalty (the only clear cut chance before the pen was Henry's shot saved by Carroll...the closest United got was a Giggs shot blocked easily), was ruined by poor refereeing decisions. The fact is, had you, as United usually do, come good in the last few minutes and shaded the game, WITHOUT the help of the ref, I'd have called the game even and said "It sucks, but, well, they deserved to win". And maybe you did. We'll never know now, will we?

This should kickstart United, but I doubt it'll knock us. Opposition teams have less incentive to beat us now (there's no longer the coveted prize of being the first to break the run) and we have more incentive to go out and prove our championship pedigree again. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if this sparks another unbeaten run, may not match the last one, but it'll be a run I suspect. Right now the only team to have benefited, in my view, is Chelsea.

Liam
26-10-2004, 08:45 AM
Harr.

Manchester United just won themselves a new fan.

PhoeniX
26-10-2004, 09:15 AM
I guess a few people will gradually stop supporting Arsenal such British teenagers who don't give a fuck who they support and start to support Man U again or Chelsea. I know quite a lot who would

Does anyone support Barnet? They're doing quite well, as are Leyton Orient. Leyton Orient is well expensive though, £17.00 to get in! Barnets only £4 and its good football.

Sarah
26-10-2004, 09:17 AM
I guess a few people will gradually stop supporting Arsenal such British teenagers who don't give a fuck who they support and start to support Man U again or Chelsea. I know quite a lot who would

Does anyone support Barnet? They're doing quite well, as are Leyton Orient. Leyton Orient is well expensive though, £17.00 to get in! Barnets only £4 and its good football.

Its about 20 quid to get in at Grimsby. What League are Barnet in?

PhoeniX
26-10-2004, 09:47 AM
Its about 20 quid to get in at Grimsby. What League are Barnet in?

Conferance

Sarah
26-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Conferance

I thought so.

I have nothing much to contribute to this thread, so I'll contribute this. Shame football shirts are not that flattering for your shape, lol. This poor thing drowns me.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/mappers/grimsbyshirt.jpg

But I love it nevertheless.

CFC
26-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Carling Cup starts today this afternoon, or I should say started because I guess the matches for today are already done.

Chelsea plays West Ham tomorrow which should be a good game. Especially since both clubs are London based(I think?). West Ham will want to put on a good show since they were relegated.

hasselbrad
26-10-2004, 08:58 PM
I thought so.

I have nothing much to contribute to this thread, so I'll contribute this. Shame football shirts are not that flattering for your shape, lol. This poor thing drowns me.

But I love it nevertheless.

Very sad indeed. Our American football jerseys come in very figure flattering cuts for women.

duckula
26-10-2004, 09:16 PM
Very sad indeed. Our American football jerseys come in very figure flattering cuts for women.

Truth.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/bayeagle/ARF/fandam.jpg

Hazzle
27-10-2004, 12:39 AM
Harr.

Manchester United just won themselves a new fan.

Cunt.

Been a gooner since I was 8. I not only watch first team games, I go and support the kids and even the women...I will die a gooner.

To his credit, Poggs is FROM Manchester...unlike some Manc fans <cough> Sephy <coughs>.

PhoeniX
27-10-2004, 09:27 AM
Been a gooner since I was 8. I not only watch first team games, I go and support the kids and even the women...I will die a gooner.

Do you know of Greg Lowe, becaue I think he still plays for Arsenal U16's.

CFC
27-10-2004, 10:05 PM
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Finally, Mateja Kezman put one in for Chelsea. I am so glad he scored, he was amazing the last few seasons, but he had not done anything for Chelsea since the pre-season. Hopefully the pressure is off him now and he can score some more until Drogba gets back.

CFC
30-10-2004, 09:22 PM
That gap is almost gone :)

Hazzle
30-10-2004, 10:31 PM
Do you know of Greg Lowe, becaue I think he still plays for Arsenal U16's.

The name is familiar...hmmm...I think so. Midfielder, isn't he? How do you know him?

CFC...yeah...the gap has been cut down...but this week Arsenal have seen the emergence of another young gem in Van Persie. Each of his two goals this week were BEAUTIES...and when both Johann Cruyff and Marco Van Basten say they think a player is so good he could go on to be the best ever Dutch talent, considering how great those two were in their day, there's every reason to be hopeful that the kid could be a fucking bargain at about 2.9 million I think it was.

CFC
31-10-2004, 01:01 AM
I can't wait till Dec 12.

deviljet88
31-10-2004, 06:54 AM
Chelsea's going to choke! I hope.

PhoeniX
31-10-2004, 09:13 AM
The name is familiar...hmmm...I think so. Midfielder, isn't he? How do you know him?

I went to his primary school. I dont know where he plays though, I saw him yesterday

Hazzle
01-11-2004, 12:01 AM
I can't wait till Dec 12.

Could be a decisive game. I'm somewhat hopeful that once Sol returns we'll get more solidity. I've also preferred to be second at Christmas...only United have been first at Christmas and gone on to win the title...and only once. It's a bit of a curse...and what with January bringing in a new defender to Highbury (the board have already come out and said a new defender WILL be signed in January) that could well be the final cog in our machine. Also Gilberto, a world cup winner, to return from injury, and the emergence of Van Persie give me hope.

Chelsea's going to choke! I hope.

Chelsea lack experience of what the run in is like. They lack experience of leading the table too. If we, the season before last, managed to choke...having been there before...there's no saying it couldn't happen to Chelsea. I actually suspect Chelsea will be top at Christmas but Arsenal will go on a huge run in the new year, winning game after game...dropping no points...and the pressure will mount on Chelsea and for me they'll drop some points...time'll tell though.

United are probably out of it already.One hates to count them out, but they needed to build momentum on the back of beating us and breaking our run...they should've taken our momentum and used it for themselves. In not doing so...they've hampered their chances...but they're not DEFINITELY out yet. A couple more defeats and they will be I suspect. Tough times ahead at OT.

I went to his primary school. I dont know where he plays though, I saw him yesterday

Ahhh. Cool. The name is definitely familiar. Well if he turns out to be another in the line of Arsenal talents...and makes the step up to the first team...then maybe you could hook me up with an autograph ;) :p

PhoeniX
01-11-2004, 06:38 PM
Ahhh. Cool. The name is definitely familiar. Well if he turns out to be another in the line of Arsenal talents...and makes the step up to the first team...then maybe you could hook me up with an autograph ;) :p

I'll try.

Norwich have Man City away tonight. Can we notch up our first win of the season? Or fully cement ourselves at the bottom of the premiership? I HOPE we will win.....

DragonRat
01-11-2004, 06:53 PM
I dunno...Anelka is scoring like mad. But then again, you are playing against Calamity James.

PhoeniX
01-11-2004, 07:25 PM
Or calamity Robert Green, hes just literally let it through his body and got nutmeged
Man City 1-0 Norwich
Shit

Hazzle
02-11-2004, 01:31 AM
Finished 1-1 didn't it?

I've heard rumours that Wenger may look at signing up Mutu if his ban isn't too long. We all know the man has a record of buying players who're apparently finished (Henry, Pires) and turning them into world class stars again...

I've also heard that Ferguson's desperate attempts to get first Thierry and then Dennis Bergkamp banned, for sod all, in sheer retaliation for Ruud's ban (I have a SNEAKING suspicion that had United beaten Pompey he might well have acted a little differently ;) Frustrated at how pathetically United are playing mayhaps? :p)...are now over. The two boards have reached an agreement that things should be left alone.

How pathetic...Alex Ferguson...how the mighty have fallen. The entire WORLD condemned that tackle by Ruud...we didn't even have to mention it everyone SAW it for what it was...and here's one of the greatest managers of all time stooping so low as to embellish stuff that nobody else noticed and turn them into the worst incidents of all time. Apparently Dennis made a tackle that was the most horrific Ferguson had ever seen...which one was this then, the one mysteriously missed by all those video cameras?

Chelsea remain our only real threat...December 12 is looking mighty tasty.

deviljet88
02-11-2004, 01:40 AM
Hm... Manchester United has to hold on to something even slightly glorious judging by their current performance. So many unknown people annoying me about Arsenal losing, and its been, I don't know, 2 weeks already? Good good, only one more month.

Hazzle
02-11-2004, 02:38 AM
Hm... Manchester United has to hold on to something even slightly glorious judging by their current performance. So many unknown people annoying me about Arsenal losing, and its been, I don't know, 2 weeks already? Good good, only one more month.

Harrrr. Yeah...they beat us twice last season too...but who won the title? Oh yes...that'd be us then. They CLAIMED the FA cup wasn't a consolation prize...yeah...that's why they decided not to enter a few years back and participate in (and lose) the World Club Championship...or rather...cheat and get a free winter break for their best players...that's why their record haul of 92 points has always been dubious on my books...and we recorded only one less last season...91 points and unbeaten...now THERE'S a league campaign to be proud of. True, it's no treble...but we've not been out of the top 2 in 7 years, we've won 3 titles and 3 FA Cups, 2 doubles...and Wenger's only just starting.

Van Persie:20. Reyes:20. Fabregas: 17...yes...17. Flamini: 20.

The future's bright...the future's red and white :D

PhoeniX
02-11-2004, 07:24 PM
1-1, we must beat Blackburn this weekend simple as that. And Arsenal are beating Panathaniakos 1-0, winning is predictable, should be more though....

CFC
02-11-2004, 08:12 PM
CSKA Moscow 0-1 Chelsea.

Robben socred his first for Chelsea.

Hazzle
03-11-2004, 12:13 AM
Yeah, nice goal...set up by Duff.

Well...we drew...freak of a fucking equaliser...such is life though.

CFC
03-11-2004, 12:44 AM
Chelsea is now officially in the knockout round.

CFC
07-11-2004, 06:44 PM
The top of the table sure is nice. :icon_bigg

Hazzle
08-11-2004, 02:49 AM
The top of the table sure is nice. :icon_bigg

Meh...I always suspected you'd be top at Christmas. You still gotta play us twice, and go to OT...I wouldn't take anything for granted, especially as United SO should've spanked you on the opening day...I reckon they'll stuff you at OT, as they did us...they always seem to raise their game for the big ones against the top teams...and they fucking need to soon being 11 points off.

To be honest I reckon Chelsea'll choke when it comes to the run-in. Just like Mourinho's experience of the Champions league makes Chelsea a better European side than Arsenal, Wenger's greater experience of Premiership run-ins makes us favourites still for the title. Especially as we're only two points off, largely due to missing Sol at the moment.

I wouldn't write us off. We were second last Christmas too...still won the league at a canter...

CFC
08-11-2004, 03:21 AM
Chelsea is not at 100% either. Drogba has been out for quite some time now and Robben has just started playing again this past week.

Hazzle
08-11-2004, 03:39 AM
Chelsea is not at 100% either. Drogba has been out for quite some time now and Robben has just started playing again this past week.

True...but I'd rather be missing Thierry Henry than Sol Campbell. You also have greater squad depth than we do...comes from the Russian billionaire thing.

Ahh well...i'm outta here...so who will you guys debate football with? :p

PhoeniX
08-11-2004, 07:52 PM
Ahh well...i'm outta here...so who will you guys debate football with? :p

Where are you going?

Oh well I think i've lost £10, I bet someone at school that Nowich will BEAT Charlton this weekend. So we'd better

PhoeniX
13-11-2004, 03:17 PM
Charlton 2-0 Norwich

I'm not going to gamble when i'm older.

CFC
13-11-2004, 03:35 PM
Chelsea is up 2-1 right now.

The Spurs/Gunners match looked like an exciting one.

PhoeniX
13-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Chelsea is up 2-1 right now.

The Spurs/Gunners match looked like an exciting one.

Chealsea won 4-1 in the end. due to Robben, who seems to be making his mark now in the premiership. As do Chelsea at the top of it.

Arsenal V Spurs looked like an amazing game. I should have gone as my friend had a spare ticket but its my sisters birthday so I didn't :mad:

OH MY GOD... 4-0 To the nearest Premiership to me, apart from Crystal Palace, but.....Charlton. OUTRAGE
Should have gone to that actually but i'm glad I didn't!

CFC
13-11-2004, 04:57 PM
Robben really is making his mark since he is finally healthy. I believe that is his 4th goal in 4 games.

PhoeniX
23-11-2004, 04:04 PM
Norwich City 2-1 Southampton!!!!

I feel so alive. Now we have Birmingham on Saturday, I think that we have hit a winning streak.

CFC
07-12-2004, 08:09 PM
What happens this weekend?

Hazzle
08-12-2004, 01:10 AM
What happens this weekend?

Must win game for Arsenal, and it'll be a stern test for the midfield two, given the average age of 18 and a half but tonight Cesc Fabregas played a fucking masterclass...seriously it was a performance fit to grace a match against far superior opposition to Rosenborg.

I doubt that tonight's results will have a huge bearing on the big clash on the weekend, because Chelsea's team was a shadow team and they were through anyway, but yet again Arsenal came from needing a win to go through to ending up topping the group in the last game, as we did last season too. It could be a slight spark to ignite the fires. I wonder if Lauren'll come back in or if Hoyte'll play as Hoyte was amazing tonight. I'd probably put Clichy in ahead of Cole too, especially if Reyes plays in front of him, a fit Freddie on the right and Pires on the bench, Dennis SHOULD start. Then again he may opt for as much prem experience as possible given the inexperience of the midfield two.

I predict a tight game, 2-1 to Arsenal. It'll be a battle and as the underdogs, which we must be for that match, I think our usual fighting spirit will see us through.

CFC
10-12-2004, 02:34 AM
Saw this clip this morning. This is a great goal, I don't think you can strike a ball any better.

Beautiful Goal (http://www.abu-jasim3.com/mohsau/ch/6/liverpool3.zip)

Hazzle
10-12-2004, 03:12 AM
Yeah yeah. Need I remind you how many times we beat you last season?

CFC
10-12-2004, 08:00 PM
This is not last season.

The gaol is not even from the Chelsea game.

Hazzle
11-12-2004, 12:26 AM
This is not last season.

The gaol is not even from the Chelsea game.

I know it's not ;) I saw it :p

It was a smug attempt to level a pot shot at us. Incidentally...right off Arsenal at your peril my friend...I recall people writing off United against us, and Liverpool for that matter...didn't Mourinho himself say Liverpool had no chance to beat us without a front line striker? Well...you know that was wrong :p.

Arsenal tend to be at our best as underdogs. Anyway, the second you lot have a bad result you'll crumble...you haven't got championship-leading steel yet...when you're on top the only way is down and the pressure is ALL on you to keep the momentum. You guys'll crumble, mark my words...the Prem title is still on for the Arsenal.

CFC
11-12-2004, 02:01 AM
Chelsea has never won at Highbury, but I think this weekend will be the first. And I think it will be by 2............... dare I say 3 goals.

Hazzle
11-12-2004, 02:12 AM
Chelsea has never won at Highbury, but I think this weekend will be the first. And I think it will be by 2............... dare I say 3 goals.

Errr...yeah...of course...we'll score at least one...maybe even 2...it is at home after all...you're not trying to suggest you'll put 4 or 5 past us, are you? Be serious...

CFC
11-12-2004, 11:27 AM
I seem to remember Suprs putting 4 past you.......

deviljet88
11-12-2004, 11:46 AM
Arsenal's going to pull off an upset win. Sorry, too optimistic am I? :P

CFC
12-12-2004, 08:38 PM
Well. Game was a 2-2 draw. But it was definately a good one to watch. It could have gone either way. Lampard missed a wide open header of a corner and Henry missed a sure goal with the keeper of of the net.

More to come once I watch the replay on Chelsea TV. I want to see the free kick.

deviljet88
13-12-2004, 12:12 AM
Aww fuck. I'm happy with a draw, but man, I don't want Arsenal ending the season on 3rd... Does Arsenal get to verse Everton or does Everton have a tough match soon?

PhoeniX
13-12-2004, 05:19 PM
Aww fuck. I'm happy with a draw, but man, I don't want Arsenal ending the season on 3rd... Does Arsenal get to verse Everton or does Everton have a tough match soon?

Nope, Blackburn, then Man City then Charlton.

This weekend though, Norwich have Chelsea so that should slow them down :icon_err:

CFC
17-12-2004, 10:47 PM
Full Champions League draw:

Real Madrid v Juventus
FC Porto v Inter Milan
Barcelona v Chelsea
Werder Bremen v Lyon
Liverpool v Bayer Leverkusen
PSV v Monaco
Manchester United v AC Milan
Bayern Munich v Arsenal

PhoeniX
18-12-2004, 09:10 AM
Liverpool have got the easiest. I would say that Man U V AC Milian and Barca V Chelsea will be the main matches to watch. I think Arsenal will win 3-1.

And this afternoon, Chelsea entertain Norwich....... but will probably end up entertaining all of Chelsea's fans and Ipswich.

deviljet88
18-12-2004, 11:45 AM
Please beat Chelsea, Barcelona, please! Oh and Arsenal will win, duh. :D

CFC
18-12-2004, 02:08 PM
Barcelona v Chelsea. Whoever wins here wins the CL.

This is gonna be a tough match for Chelsea. Barcelona is a good team, Ronaldinho is gonna kepp the defense busy.

PhoeniX
18-12-2004, 04:22 PM
I think so, or I think that AC Milian will win because they've got a good team.

Chelsea 4-0 Norwich

CFC
20-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Barcelona's Brazilian forward Ronaldinho has been named Fifa World Footballer of the Year for 2004.

The 24-year-old edged out Arsenal's Thierry Henry and AC Milan striker Andriy Shevchenko to the award.

deviljet88
21-12-2004, 01:31 AM
Go Greece for winning team of the year if you're talking about the same awards I am, though its tough decision with Arsenal not losing a match last season.

PhoeniX
03-01-2005, 10:05 AM
Yeah but Greece were like 100-1 on winning Euro 2004.

Over the Christmas period, they've had 4 matches in a week, with Norwich loosing 2 and drawing on New Years Day to Portsmouth and loosing today to Liverpool. On 8th, we have West Ham who I believe Keira supports?

FooTM
04-01-2005, 11:00 PM
I love Linesman :lol:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/images/playerpics04_05/football/live/carroll_gaffe.jpg

roflmao how did they not give that in todays Man Utd. vs. Spurs game

love it!

Andrew
04-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Arsenal drew aswell tonight so they have fell even further behind Chelsea.

Andrew
04-01-2005, 11:28 PM
Thats a crap angle, here is the linesmans view:

Renegade
04-01-2005, 11:45 PM
Arsenal drew aswell tonight so they have fell even further behind Chelsea.

Aww man...just when I got anxious and excited FSN was actually gonna broadcast this game in 2hrs, and then you say they drew. Oh well, it's okay.

DefyingGravity
05-01-2005, 12:56 AM
Well shit. Nevermind.