PDA

View Full Version : Omgwtfkkwbbq3

Pages : [1] 2 3

Digital_Ice
20-06-2006, 06:13 PM
ok people, this needs sorting out, there are some of us (namly me and fo) that need dates and times set down in advance so we can get time off work, book tickets etc etc.

so, erm yes. discuss.

Kelsey
20-06-2006, 11:36 PM
Sunday, September 17th. London, England. Baz's house???

Yes, am I right??

duckula
21-06-2006, 12:40 AM
I believe that was the chosen date.

Digital_Ice
21-06-2006, 12:50 AM
gracias.

(although it would be nice if those of us without OBN access could be in on the planning :p)

duckula
21-06-2006, 01:14 AM
I thought you did have access?

Digital_Ice
21-06-2006, 01:22 AM
nope, im only a senior.

Hazzle
21-06-2006, 09:46 AM
Yes us seniors don't have access. Probably a good thing in my case given the threads on there dedicated to hurling abuse at me :p

Will endeavour to be there. The BBQ I mean. Not the OBN. Just to be clear.

acliff
21-06-2006, 07:18 PM
I'll be there. Which is good, because it would be shit without me. So who is actually going to turn up, as from what I gather, theres going to be a shocking m/f ratio. Girls, don't be afraid to turn up, I'll deal with Ice and Fo.

Regardless of the BBQ, who in this forum will be in England around that time? It would be great to have a large amount of people turning up.

Hazzle
21-06-2006, 10:26 PM
Girls, don't be afraid to turn up, I'll deal with Ice and Fo.

Yes, but who will deal with me?

Kelsey
21-06-2006, 11:34 PM
I hope I won't be the only girl (again)

Mandy
22-06-2006, 01:23 AM
Sorry, I love ya Kels, but why go to England when I could meet you in the USA? :p

Hazzle
22-06-2006, 07:41 AM
Because England > USA.

We've had this discussion on these forums a million times and it always ends up the same way. We win. Of course it does help that the guy who owns the place is English...

Anyway, would you really want to subject Kels to being the only girl again? Around me, Cliff, Ducky and Baz? I'd say Fo and Ice but they're both gay so it's not much to be scared of.

acliff
22-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Because England > USA.

We've had this discussion on these forums a million times and it always ends up the same way. We win. Of course it does help that the guy who owns the place is English...

Anyway, would you really want to subject Kels to being the only girl again? Around me, Cliff, Ducky and Baz? I'd say Fo and Ice but they're both gay so it's not much to be scared of.

She knows what me Ducky and Baz are like already, I think its pretty much guaranteed that she won't like you.
With the imminent arrival of many new members due to POTC2, there may yet be more people who want to worship the ground that Baz and I walk.

Hazzle
22-06-2006, 09:52 AM
She knows what me Ducky and Baz are like already, I think its pretty much guaranteed that she won't like you.

Of course she knows what you're like, she met you last year (I'm not a TOTAL fucknut). And you're all reprobates, so I'm sure the poor girl would like some protection from the lot of you this time :p

Who said anything about liking me? Noone likes me. However could you think of a worse ordeal than being subjected to my company?

Mandy
22-06-2006, 01:05 PM
What a waste of money to go to a country thousands of miles away when there's only one or two people I'd want to meet. Especially when it's just for a single night.

However, come November I will more than likely meet up with Liam and Leonie during their 6 month lovefest. I'll bring you guys a nice wine.

barrington
22-06-2006, 02:35 PM
hreh.
I don't have a house yet, so it's going to be a bit of a lucky-dip surprise as to the location. As the host, even I don't know yet. Hopefully we'll have a few more people this time - I'm sure Leonie can get an easyJet over. I'll put plastic sheeting down for Ducks this time.

Digital_Ice
22-06-2006, 02:43 PM
we'll as long as the date doesnt change, I'm happy. I may *just about* be able to convince my boss to give me the weekend off

Kelsey
23-06-2006, 01:19 AM
No one change the date! Sunday, September 17th it is. Even if we don't have Baz's house, I'm sure we can think of something. We'll just have to figure out times and a meeting spot.

Liam
23-06-2006, 06:30 AM
However, come November I will more than likely meet up with Liam and Leonie during their 6 month lovefest. I'll bring you guys a nice wine.

I'd prefer a slab of VB.

I wouldn't mind attending and attempting to patch things up with a few people but fucked if I'm getting on a 24 hour flight again. You know how it is.

Hazzle
23-06-2006, 11:57 AM
I do. You're a lazy cunt.

Heh. I like VB but I've had Aussies who've come over here tell me it's a working class oik's beer and that the only people who drink it back home are tasteless cretins. Is that true?

Liam
23-06-2006, 12:24 PM
Its sort of true, yeah. VB is marketed as a working man's beer for a hard earned thirst, etc. But I figure that since I'm working in engineering alongside a manufacturing facility I can somehow slot myself into that demographic.

Who cares what its marketed as when its 30 bucks for 24 can slab and tastes as good as it does?

Mandy
23-06-2006, 02:42 PM
VB is something I've never heard of. Send me info and I'll set you up.

Digital_Ice
23-06-2006, 07:18 PM
i assume vb is Victoria Bitter?

Mandy
23-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Oh, that very well could be....I've heard of Victoria Bitter.

Hazzle
23-06-2006, 11:56 PM
Tis indeed. The stuff I was drinking the other day during the Aussie-Croatia match was Coopers Ale. Recommended to me by the same Aussie girl who slagged off VB :p.

Foeni
23-07-2006, 06:36 PM
So, any news on the place/time? (I don't mean the date, it's already been set)

Kelsey
02-08-2006, 02:18 AM
Just came on here to ask the same, Feoni.

Do we have an almost final list of people who are coming?

I'm super excited. Lol, my life is boring.

J.R.
02-08-2006, 02:29 AM
Ok, I'm just going to asume that most of you guys know each other? but on another note this is the first forum where they hold get-togethers. Wow, I'm impresed.

Horay for more useless input! yay!

Scott
02-08-2006, 05:24 AM
Tis indeed. The stuff I was drinking the other day during the Aussie-Croatia match was Coopers Ale. Recommended to me by the same Aussie girl who slagged off VB :p.

Carlton Draught>VB

Foeni
02-08-2006, 06:27 AM
Just came on here to ask the same, Feoni.

Do we have an almost final list of people who are coming?
O before E :p
I believe the list is:
- baz
- cliff
- duckula
- Haz
- Ice
- Kelsey
- Foeni
- poggs?

Plus I'm trying to convince a few others to go as well.

I'm super excited. Lol, my life is boring.
Hreh, same here.

Hazzle
02-08-2006, 07:39 AM
Carlton Draught>VB

I'll bear that in mind.

Cripes that list is massively male-centric. We need more women in attendance! The sheer amount of testosterone bouncing around the room will lead to an implosion of epic proportions without more oestrogen. Oh wait, we have Fo :p

Foeni
02-08-2006, 09:01 AM
Cripes that list is massively male-centric. We need more women in attendance! The sheer amount of testosterone bouncing around the room will lead to an implosion of epic proportions without more oestrogen. Oh wait, we have Fo :p
Hehe, haha, hoho etc. :icon_err:

Arbery
02-08-2006, 11:15 AM
i could make that day if i'm allowed to go! :o) Could someone tell me more on whats going on though?!

Foeni
02-08-2006, 11:33 AM
i could make that day if i'm allowed to go! :o) Could someone tell me more on whats going on though?!
Drinking, eating, having a good time..
If you're allowed to go??? Who do you need permission from?

Andy said, if he could make it he would most certainly would but it all depended on his job.

Cripes that list is massively male-centric. We need more women in attendance! The sheer amount of testosterone bouncing around the room will lead to an implosion of epic proportions without more oestrogen. Oh wait, we have Fo

Keirazbabe was excited about the idea when i told her about it some time ago. I'll give her a link to this thread if she pops online.
It'd be great if you joined us Meg.
How about yourself Pete? You should come, too.

Arbery
02-08-2006, 04:15 PM
I dont need permission off anyone, i meant it as in if people on here said i was allowed to go...

I might jus pop along to it in this case...sounds like it could be a good laugh!

Foeni
02-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Ahh.. I thought that might be what you meant, wouldn't have believed if you said it was your parents you needed permission from :p
Seriously, I thought it might be from work...

acliff
02-08-2006, 05:16 PM
How much alcohol do you think I will have to drink to forget that Haz was there? Any donations to this alcohol fund would be much appreciated.

Arbery
02-08-2006, 05:29 PM
Ahh.. I thought that might be what you meant, wouldn't have believed if you said it was your parents you needed permission from :p
Seriously, I thought it might be from work...

i dont have any work at the moment, i got fired from my last job! All i do at the moment is play gigs and either get money or free drinks, which is pretty groovey :o)

barrington
02-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Wait I've got it. It's genius. Why don't we get Arbery's band to come and play at the BBQ? Brilliant!

Mandy
02-08-2006, 05:54 PM
That would be sad.

Looks like Kels is the only girl again.

Foeni
02-08-2006, 06:44 PM
Maybe everyone could bring a diffrent type of 'special' beer. Should be fun. In my case if i would attend i could bring Leffe or Hoegaarden for example.

Chances are small that i will be attenting this year Foeni.

A shame... Leffe is a good beer btw.

acliff
02-08-2006, 06:54 PM
I may be bringing along a wide range of real ales and ciders.
4 regional bottled ales, 4 organic dry ciders with no less than 7.5% alcohol content. No doubt I will get wrecked.

Foeni
02-08-2006, 07:30 PM
Unfortunately it's a bit harder for me bringing beer from Denmark, with the flight and all... But bringing beer would require a place we can drink it, wouldn't it? I suppose bars and pubs won't be silly enough to let you bring your own alcohol..

Hazzle
02-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Bring us some Duty Free liquor bitch!

Where exactly is all this taking place? Or maybe you shouldn't tell me so I can't attend and Cliff can keep his sanity intact? Hey Cliff, does that mean if I don't come, you won't have a single drink? Might almost be worth it just for that...

Digital_Ice
03-08-2006, 02:12 AM
you're hosting it haz. didnt you get the memo?

Sarah
03-08-2006, 12:40 PM
If I can twist my bloke's arm, we could come as well?

I'm an adult now and I know how to travel on my own :icon_mod:

Hazzle
03-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Woo! More females!

Yeah, bring your fella along.

I could do with another heterosexual male presence surrounded by this lot...

Foeni
03-08-2006, 01:56 PM
If I can twist my bloke's arm, we could come as well?
How about not twisting your bloke's arm and go alone? :kidding:
It'd be great if you attended, with or without your better self.

EDIT: Jesus Fucking Christ, those flight tickets are expensive!

Digital_Ice
03-08-2006, 08:48 PM
:bump:

any closer to knowing where this will be held yet?

duckula
03-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Nope.

Foeni
03-08-2006, 09:07 PM
It'd be nice to be able to book a hotel pretty soon.. Wouldn't like to be standing in London in september and have no where to sleep..

barrington
11-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Ducks, do you think you might be able to host this? I know your garden's a bit skinny, but I don't have one available at all this year... and we don't want another KKW Grill!

duckula
11-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Why not. We also have great pubs in the area to retire to after food.

Hazzle
11-08-2006, 07:50 PM
Was an excellent venue for the first omgwtfkkwbbq. Excellent pub we went to afterwards, what was it called again Ducks?

I'd have offered but my garden is so overgrown I have to battle with a jungle of thorns just to get to my back shed. So sadly not suitable.

Foeni
11-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Why not. We also have great pubs in the area to retire to after food.
So we finally have a location. You happen to know any nearby (not too expensive) hotels?

barrington
12-08-2006, 01:36 PM
I'm sure ducks can furnish you with the requisite information.
Either that or search for hotels or hostels in Teddington. Actually, it seems quite appropriate that the Third Annual OMGWTFKKWBBQ should be hosted in Keira's homeland.

Hazzle
12-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Heh. I was thinking that about the first one we had. In fact, if I didn't think it would be a massive imposition on Ducks, I'd say it should always be held in Teddington. Fitting.

But that would be very very cunty.

duckula
12-08-2006, 05:13 PM
But that would be very very cunty.

Quite.

Kelsey
13-08-2006, 03:43 AM
So where are we going to meet? I'm assuming somewhere in London like last time? And time? Any time is good for me...I think I get to London like one o'clock or something like that, but I gotta check in to my hotel and all that good stuff. I'm super excited. I've tried to get to Teddington like every London trip....glad to finally be getting there.

Foeni
13-08-2006, 11:09 AM
Any time of day will be fine for me, too. I'll be flying in friday anyway, so I'm in there sunday morning.

barrington
13-08-2006, 05:25 PM
I propose 4pm on the tables outside The Cricketers (http://www.fancyapint.com/main_site/thepubs/pub1130.html) public house in Richmond. It's easy to find and close enough to Ducks' house to be sensible. We could always take in the Anglers later; Keira's local.

Digital_Ice
13-08-2006, 05:43 PM
i'll be on london on the saturday... or the friday (if my boss will give me another day off)... or never (if my boss is a total cunt and takes my holiday off me)

Hazzle
13-08-2006, 11:19 PM
Cricketers followed by Ducks' garden followed by Anglers sounds good to me.

We did Ducks' followed by the Anglers the first time as well.

Cricketers is a nice starting point though, defo. Doesn't hurt that Richmond is home to lots of beautiful girls either. Another reason to hope it stays sunny and nice.

acliff
14-08-2006, 12:54 AM
Cricketers followed by Ducks' garden followed by Anglers sounds good to me.

We did Ducks' followed by the Anglers the first time as well.

Cricketers is a nice starting point though, defo. Doesn't hurt that Richmond is home to lots of beautiful girls either. Another reason to hope it stays sunny and nice.

Pff, none after Haz gets in the vicinity. Before he turns up there will be klaxons sounding all over the neighbourhood, for women to go into hiding, lest they go blind. And no Haz, not through masturbation.

ryan
14-08-2006, 12:56 AM
if i were a rich man, i'd attend if for no other reason make fun of haz irl.

acliff
14-08-2006, 12:59 AM
I wish you would, so that we could see you getting torn a new asshole by our collective british wit.

ryan
14-08-2006, 01:07 AM
I wish you would, so that we could see you getting torn a new asshole by our collective british wit.

admitting it'd take a collective effort to take me down?

also, you aren't defending dear ol' hazzle, are you? say it aint so!

acliff
14-08-2006, 01:09 AM
admitting it'd take a collective effort to take me down?

also, you aren't defending dear ol' hazzle, are you? say it aint so!

I was assuming that Haz would already be crying into his knees in the back corner of the garden, away from everyone else *thank god*

ryan
14-08-2006, 01:12 AM
I was assuming that Haz would already be crying into his knees in the back corner of the garden, away from everyone else *thank god*

witnessing that alone would be worth the ticket price.

barrington
14-08-2006, 03:06 AM
All these people are actually quite nice in real life. You wouldn't believe it.

Hazzle
14-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Pff, none after Haz gets in the vicinity. Before he turns up there will be klaxons sounding all over the neighbourhood, for women to go into hiding, lest they go blind. And no Haz, not through masturbation.

So it was the ugly ones I saw last time? Wow, even the ugly girls aren't bad ;)

Fuck off Ryan. If you actually had enough wit to put me down, I'd pay for your ticket myself, but since I like a challenge and I could make you cry like a little girl, I'll stick to mocking Cliff. For being a ninja and still dropping his bokken onto a pile of plates.

Must be those prettyboy metrosexual limp wrists...

Heh Baz. You've not even met me yet. You have no idea of the horrors in store.

duckula
14-08-2006, 12:45 PM
The neck ache from looking so far down is just the start.

ryan
14-08-2006, 02:16 PM
The neck ache from looking so far down is just the start.

i had always thought of haz as a pain in the ass, but given his height, being a pain in the neck seems appropriate too.

acliff
14-08-2006, 02:33 PM
So it was the ugly ones I saw last time? Wow, even the ugly girls aren't bad ;)

Fuck off Ryan. If you actually had enough wit to put me down, I'd pay for your ticket myself, but since I like a challenge and I could make you cry like a little girl, I'll stick to mocking Cliff. For being a ninja and still dropping his bokken onto a pile of plates.

Must be those prettyboy metrosexual limp wrists...

Heh Baz. You've not even met me yet. You have no idea of the horrors in store.

I've been trying to strengthen them with repetitive wrist exercises.

This year I'm planning to gain legendary status through my actions.

ryan
14-08-2006, 02:40 PM
I've been trying to strengthen them with repetitive wrist exercises.

This year I'm planning to gain legendary status through my actions.

furious masturbation?

barrington
14-08-2006, 03:40 PM
Back on topic now please.

Digital_Ice
14-08-2006, 07:48 PM
I've just told my boss if he takes my three days holiday off me, to expect my notice on the week preceding it. lol

(seriously.)

Kelsey
14-08-2006, 11:09 PM
Someone tell me how to get to The Cricketers. Or to Richmond for that matter. Please. I'll be close to Notting Hill.

Digital_Ice
14-08-2006, 11:24 PM
http://www.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&lr=&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-28,GGGL:en&q=the-cricketers&near=Richmond&radius=0.0&latlng=51461342,-303547,762055369479658069&sa=X&oi=local&ct=result&cd=1

maps and everything.

off bazzles link:

Turn left out of the station (richmond) and walk through the town centre to the green. When you're on the green you can see the pub.

Hazzle
15-08-2006, 07:36 AM
What Ice said but to precede it:

To get to Richmond from Notting Hill I'd suggest you get to Notting Hill Gate tube, take the District line towards Wimbledon but get off at Earl's Court. Then take the District Line towards Richmond. And obviously get off at Richmond.

Arbery
15-08-2006, 09:52 AM
so...whens the date?

Digital_Ice
15-08-2006, 10:23 AM
bbqs on the 17th sept.

acliff
15-08-2006, 10:38 AM
What Ice said but to precede it:

To get to Richmond from Notting Hill I'd suggest you get to Notting Hill Gate tube, take the District line towards Wimbledon but get off at Earl's Court. Then take the District Line towards Richmond. And obviously get off at Richmond.

Bah I hate the district line.
Having tried to find a better, faster, more pleasant route, I have realised Haz has used tfl.gov.uk journey planner, and it is pretty much the fastest way to richmond. There are more scenic routes, but you'll probably get lost :)

Hazzle
15-08-2006, 10:52 AM
District line's a cunt but it's the fastest way between those two.

I'll be taking overground train from Wembley as it's nicer.

barrington
15-08-2006, 03:38 PM
You think you've got problems? I've got to get the Silverlink all the way from cocking Stratford. (I live in Greenwich now).

acliff
15-08-2006, 08:19 PM
I can trump that.

I have to take the 371 bus. *shivers*

Digital_Ice
15-08-2006, 08:41 PM
i have a 1hr wait in birmigham for a connecting train before i even reach london.... beat that.

Foeni
15-08-2006, 08:47 PM
I'm gonna have about 2 hours waiting time from check-in to take off. Before I even reach london.

Digital_Ice
15-08-2006, 08:50 PM
...birmingham new street. :| nothing is worse than an hour at new street...

acliff
15-08-2006, 11:23 PM
All that effort, and in return you get to meet Haz. Talk about rewarding yourself with turd in the eyes.

Mandy
16-08-2006, 12:47 AM
All that effort, and in return you get to meet Haz. Talk about rewarding yourself with turd in the eyes.

ROFL!! I just laughed for a whole 10 seconds!

Kelsey
16-08-2006, 05:14 AM
Okay, my next question is how long do we think it'll take me?

If I'm late, don't leave without me. Lol, I get lost *so* easily.

acliff
16-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Okay, my next question is how long do we think it'll take me?

If I'm late, don't leave without me. Lol, I get lost *so* easily.

You're asking us to give an approximate time on London Transport? Give it anything between 30 minutes to 3 days.

Its currently 42 minutes according to the TFL website, and that is taking a replacement service bus and the tube. The district line has a particularly poor record of signal failures. I've been stung on commutes on more than a couple of occasions.

Contingency routes:

If the district line is not working, as is more than likely, you can either use the replacement bus services which will pretty much stop at every station overground (which takes fucking ages)

Alternatively you can take the central line to Tottenham Court Road, take the Northern Line to waterloo, and then take any overground train to Richmond (there are many)

You can avoid any tube hassle by doing what I usually do when getting into London. Walk to High Street Kensington. Take the number 9, 10 or 27 buses to Hammersmith Broadway Bus Station. From there take the 419, 190 or 33 buses to Richmond. This is probably the more scenic route. And it only takes an hour compared to the 45-50 minutes of other methods.

Digital_Ice
16-08-2006, 09:33 AM
whats wrong with the district line?

acliff
16-08-2006, 09:43 AM
whats wrong with the district line?

Its one of the oldest lines, and hasn't really been modernised. I think bringing it up to 21st Century spec is in the cards soon. Also, the district line coming out of london has 3 different termination stops on different branches of the line.
Also many people find it irritating that there are so many stops along the way. In contrast the fast trains from Richmond to waterloo stop at 3-5. If I remember, the district line has more than 20 into london.

Katielondon
16-08-2006, 09:48 AM
sept 17th? i might be back by then :)

oh and also do none of you people drive?????

Hazzle
16-08-2006, 10:15 AM
That's excellent news! Another girl (potentially). Restore balance to the force.

I don't drive, never really seen the point in London given the extensive transport links and how expensive parking is in the city. Also with the congestion charge there's even less reason. I suppose it is useful for suburb-to-suburb but even that's not TOO bad.

Katielondon
16-08-2006, 10:22 AM
That's excellent news! Another girl (potentially). Restore balance to the force.

I don't drive, never really seen the point in London given the extensive transport links and how expensive parking is in the city. Also with the congestion charge there's even less reason. I suppose it is useful for suburb-to-suburb but even that's not TOO bad.

restore balence but im totally a Sith :P, i just dont like public transport a lot, i cant go on the tube i get claustrophobic and i had a bad experience when i was little which has kind of put me off, parking is free for me, i would rather be in comfortable air conditioned space with my own music etc than on a bus stuffed full of people etc i dont mean to sound snobby or anything public transports fine i just would prefer to drive.

Foeni
16-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Hreh, I know what you mean. My problem is just that I don't own a car :(
I think I'll rely on ice or hazzle when going from my hotel to the cricketers.

Katielondon
16-08-2006, 11:06 AM
Driving from Denemark to london isnt really an option either imo. Certainly if u're not an experienced driver, knowing the way they drive in the UK :icon_roll

no its just all you damn europeans drive on the wrong side of the road :)