PDA

View Full Version : Guys, who stay up every night ?

SeattleGirl
16-06-2006, 09:34 AM
recently i've been worn out ~
the world cup makes me stay up all night
i know most of you are from europe,you are so lucky ,guys !~....
wish me good luck ! for tonite,it's Argentina ! o ye !!!another sleepless night !
i've been through many sleepless nights and sleepy days ~
so,guys who live in europe,do cherish the chance of not staying up for the games !

Foeni
16-06-2006, 09:40 AM
We watch the games in the afternoon and early evening, and stay up at night to talk to each other on irc. :)

Foeni
16-06-2006, 10:21 AM
And hear about them the next day before you've seen them?

Hazzle
16-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Exactly. I mean I'm missing the big game I want to see today (Holland v Ivory Coast...got a feeling about the Elephants pulling an upset) because I'm going to the movies but I'm Sky+ing it (that's digital recording for those not in the UK) to watch when I get home.

deviljet88
16-06-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm so fucking tired from the World Cup, droopy eyes, can't stand up straight, attempting to sleep during class etc. I don't delibrately watch the matches exactly, but my dad watching it at a loud volume does keep me up. Fuck... thank god holidays are here so I can sleep in to make up for it.

jackenton
16-06-2006, 01:58 PM
ME! I stay up all night. I sleep during the day. lol.

Digital_Ice
16-06-2006, 02:04 PM
erm, i dont sleep
just ask ran and mandy

Hazzle
16-06-2006, 03:00 PM
It's true. He can go all night...

Pygmalion
17-06-2006, 05:33 AM
Before the World Cup I'd stay up til 3:00am and sleep til noon anyway, so its not really any hassle to stay up an extra our or so to watch all the games.

Fran
17-06-2006, 09:34 AM
The World Cup really doesn't affect my sleeping patterns.

http://www.kkwavefront.org/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

baldinio13
19-06-2006, 12:52 AM
i live in europe so im able to watch the games with out losing any sleep.. even though i usually stay up all nigt anyways!! Argentina are the world champions this time!! Brazil... whats that?!

kingdumbass
19-06-2006, 05:06 AM
I know nothing about the World Cup....
I am, however, rooting for Portugal, although I don't know why.

Hazzle
19-06-2006, 07:13 AM
Argentina are the world champions this time!! Brazil... whats that?!

Thank you for that insight. It's not like everyone else has said that since the 6-0 result, nor as if they were second favourites before the tournament even began.

Also there is such a thing as peaking too early. Lots of sides have peaked early then gone crashing out in the knockout stages, and Argentina will have to face either Portugal or Mexico, both of whom are strong defensively and may not be as easy to break down as the Serbs who played right into Argentina's hands by attacking them. A lot of teams will give Argentina a hard time by restricting space for them, like they've done for Brazil so far, and Brazil will get games where they get time and space and show why they're five time World Champions.

Brazil will play better against stronger opposition, it's been obvious that they're playing within their capabilities and better teams will give them more space as they'll try and attack them. Argentina will play worse against weaker sides, as they'll defend deep and pressure them when they have the ball.

I still think Argentina-Brazil in the final, but given that Brazil have reached 7 finals and won 5 of them, if they get that far you might as well write their name on it. Argentina's best hope is someone else knocking out Brazil before the final.

frodo1511
19-06-2006, 06:54 PM
In the states, we get games at 8am, 11am and 2pm. It's not that bad, but I'd definitely stay up to watch Germany, England or Brazil.

Hazzle
19-06-2006, 11:22 PM
Or Argentina...or Spain...

Christ what a good tournament this has been. Even the tighter games have been tense and edgy, which is just as entertaining.

frodo1511
20-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Man, England gave up that last goal, didn't they?! Fucking stood around the net, apparently in heaven that the thought of beating the Sweedes for the first time in 12 games was going to come true...Fuck.

Hazzle
20-06-2006, 10:08 PM
Meh. I didn't expect us to beat them. Wasn't surprised, wasn't bothered. Won't make a blind bit of difference. Ecuador it is in the next round, and knowing us, we'll probably get knocked out by them.

In coming back from a goal down I think Spain have really set a marker. Yes Argentina spanked the Serbs 6-0, yes they beat Ivory Coast, but they had it all their own way in both games. I'd like to see how they deal with going a goal behind, because the law of averages says it has to happen to them at least once. Cesc Fabregas is the best damn passer in the tournament. God I love that boy.

michael22
21-06-2006, 06:31 AM
I am one of those people who only need sleep for three hours a week. or less depending on the caffeine intake.
ask ranman...

this tiresome lifestyle usually has me quoting movies and listening to creedence

once_dreaded
21-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Dude...I'm a nightowl...I don't watch the world cup, no interest in it. But here I am up every night...usually go to sleep around 7am then wake up around 3pm. *ugh* I need to find me a job that revolves around my hours...and quick.

acliff
21-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Night shelf stacking at Walmart might be just your thing.

Its a 1am sleep, 7am rise schedule for me. Useful for getting to work on time while fitting in a refreshing morning run, 1am sleep allows for going out, and general TV, computer malarkey.