PDA

View Full Version : Seeing Pirates of the Caribbean this weekend...

hasselbrad
15-06-2006, 01:33 PM
...;)
Well, the ride. The ex and her hubby have some sort of meeting in Orlando, so instead of having to drive 16-20 hours to and from Atlanta, I just have to go to Orlando. We have one day left on our passes from Spring Break, so we's going to Ditney Worl!
Anyone else have big plans for this weekend?

Ranman
15-06-2006, 02:24 PM
I'm planning to drink heavy, Break into your house
while your gone. Steal that wedge you're so proud of
and leave a turd in the icebox

hasselbrad
15-06-2006, 02:44 PM
I'm planning to drink heavy, Break into your house
while your gone. Steal that wedge you're so proud of
and leave a turd in the icebox

Well...have fun.

marine
15-06-2006, 03:15 PM
I have a brithday party on Saturday and I'm planning to come home awfully late or early (depends on the perspective). Probably bowling or a party Sunday evening. And maybe hanging out with some friends before the birthday party. It finally feels like holidays.

Kelsey
15-06-2006, 05:47 PM
Naaaaacchhhhoooooooo....

Gallopin' Gaucho
15-06-2006, 05:59 PM
"I'm planning to drink heavy, Break into your house while your gone. Steal that wedge you're so proud of and leave a turd in the icebox."

Damn, Namnar. You're such a gangsta, G.

Swordsman
15-06-2006, 11:21 PM
Naaaaacchhhhoooooooo....

Totally.

Jacoby
15-06-2006, 11:33 PM
I think that movie is going to be lame.

michael22
15-06-2006, 11:45 PM
ah the stretchy pants sometimes you wear them for fun........
is there anything else to do?

Swordsman
16-06-2006, 03:04 AM
I think that movie is going to be lame.

It just looks like a good time. I'm physced for the Strangers With Candy movie.

Kelsey
17-06-2006, 04:31 AM
Official word on Nacho Libre: Worth the ten bucks. It's not gonna be up for any Oscars (duh), but it makes for a good time and provides enough laughs.

Hazzle
17-06-2006, 12:32 PM
Saw the trailer when I went to see Hard Candy last night and Nacho Libre looked HILARIOUS.

Jacoby
17-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Ugh... It's kinda like, "The makers of NAPOLEON DYNAMITE bring you... another NAPOLEON DYNAMITE!"

Swordsman
17-06-2006, 04:53 PM
But Napoleon Dynamite was actually funny until your parents started to quote it. For some reason i have an urge to see Cars. . . probably just because Michael Keaton is in it for about 48 seconds.

Hazzle
17-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Ugh... It's kinda like, "The makers of NAPOLEON DYNAMITE bring you... another NAPOLEON DYNAMITE!"

Think it looks a lot funnier than Nap Dynamite. Which is saying a lot. Just think the combination of the Nap Dynamite production team and the writer of School of Rock (which was, imho, funnier than Nap Dynamite) makes for a film that could surpass both. I'm a massive Jack Black though so that could be why I like the look of it so much...

Jacoby
17-06-2006, 07:16 PM
I liked Napoleon. I still do. It's just the humor is a one-trick pony. The trailer just looked like crap to me. I'll see it eventually. But... I don't know.

Hazzle
17-06-2006, 09:12 PM
I liked Napoleon. Also liked School of Rock. I have a good feeling about this.

Then again I had a good feeling about Hard Candy and it was a disappointment.

ryan
17-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Nacho looks absolutely horrible.

Hazzle
17-06-2006, 11:54 PM
Nacho looks absolutely horrible.

So do you bitch!

No, just messing. I suppose you're not into that sort of thing, but it's slapstick at its finest, and as a wrestling fan it taps into the soul :p

Swordsman
18-06-2006, 04:46 AM
What's the point in calling anything with Jack Black absolutely horrible? He's just trying to make everyone have a good time. If you don't like fun and good times then you can get depressed with an Al Gore movie. You could also make a fun drinking game with that movie.

Kelsey
19-06-2006, 06:12 AM
How many times can Al Gore say "I"? He's the most self-centered person alive.

The thing with Nacho is that they do actually make it work. They pull it off again. They use the "cheap" way through it all (more natural than manipulated lighting, "homemade" opening credits, that sort of thing) and once again, it works. It makes it a better movie. The sort of have a unique style of humor and convey that in both the writing and style of their films. The question is: how long and how many movies can they keep that up. They don't necessarily challenge themselves, but sticks to what works. Which I'm all four, but with them it could turn out either really awesome or really one hit wonderish. Until then, Nacho is going to make a shitload more than Napoleon Dynamite which is a step up.

hasselbrad
19-06-2006, 12:48 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/Owned/Owned-Mickey-MickeyKid.jpg

pwnt by the mouse, wallet and all.
Pirates of the Caribbean was closed for renovation. Apparently, they are adding Captain Jack Sparrow as I type. Seems like they are cutting it a bit close since the ride doesn't open until July. I would think they would have opened it in time for the Spring Break crowd to provide the build-up. Lots of PoTC merchandise; action figures, pirate hats with dreadlocks and DMC books.
Taylor did decide to ride Space Mountain and loved it. :)

Hazzle
19-06-2006, 01:57 PM
Sorry to hear that Brad.

hasselbrad
19-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Sorry to hear that Brad.
It was a fantastic trip, I just wanted an excuse to use that picture. :p
We rode all of the Mountains...Splash, Thunder and Space...twice! That was the first time she's been on Space Mountain, ever. She had been on the others, but refused to go back for a few trips. Now, she's ready and willing to ride the Aerosmith Rockin' Rollercoaster at MGM Studios. :D

frodo1511
19-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Hassel, you see the Pirates Ride closed for restoration?! I cried when it was not opened. I missed the re-grand opening by about 3 weeks...

Saw Cars Friday. Very good movie, and really makes you think about what we miss when we choose time over destination.

Hazzle
19-06-2006, 11:34 PM
Glad you both had a good time then Brad!