PDA

View Full Version : KKW to move server? AGAIN!!!?

Glare
16-07-2004, 04:11 AM
Well folks kkw has been up and running on the new server for 1 month today, I’ve been over everything and have come to the conclusion that it’s simply too big to sit on a server with my other clients, the shear amount of traffic at peak times gives the server a run for it’s money, so sadly it is time for it to move

I have plans to move kkw to my new server a slightly more powerful one that will run smooth even at the peak times and hopefully offer some kind of future as kkw grows. The downtime will be very small; in fact, zero downtime is expected so you won’t even notice the move over. In the very unlikely event that something does happen, full backups will be made of kkw and store at a few different locations, but everything is expected to flow as I have begun preparation already to make things easy on the day.

I will post more details as the day gets closer, at the moment we are looking in the under 2 weeks timeframe.

edit: the old server (this one) will most likely be used for keriaweb.com when I can get in contact with someone from there, so far I've had no luck.

Archimedes

i <3 keira
16-07-2004, 04:15 AM
yeah, the lag can be a bit tedious sometimes.

Spire
16-07-2004, 04:16 AM
Our gracious host knows best, I suppose.

Narg
16-07-2004, 04:16 AM
COOL I DIDNT SEE THIS COMING :cool:

Kelsey
16-07-2004, 05:15 AM
**EDITED**

Narg
16-07-2004, 05:19 AM
im Narg, im relitivley new here, but im friends with Arch. Is there a problem ?

Kelsey
16-07-2004, 05:21 AM
**EDITED**

Narg
16-07-2004, 06:47 AM
Sorry if it came out as if i was angry at you or somthing, that was not the case, but if you would like to discuss the owner of the server i think we should do it in pm, ive been told not to really talk about it, thats all.

Kelsey
16-07-2004, 06:55 AM
I know the owner of the server. I'm editing the post now.

barrington
16-07-2004, 10:36 AM
I dunno.
First you complain that it's not stretching the legs of the sever enough and now it's all too much to handle? Don't panic me like this.

*wobbles*

Sarah
16-07-2004, 11:33 AM
What? I must be really thick, I have no idea whats happening around here anymore.

barrington
16-07-2004, 11:37 AM
Well, nothing it would appear.
Glare, like Fan-Sites before him, has decided that KKW is too manly for it's original server and thus needs to be relocated to a somewhat more beefy alternative. In other words it's going to swap boxes at some point in the near future.

Nothing to worry about.

KeirazBabe
16-07-2004, 05:46 PM
Ok as lng as it means we dont have to resign up to the forums its all fine n dandy :P

xXx

Cycleofthemoon
16-07-2004, 06:22 PM
Ok as lng as it means we dont have to resign up to the forums its all fine n dandy :P

xXx

I hear you, I've done that many times in other forums I visit. It can be tedious and a general pain in the arse.

barrington
16-07-2004, 06:29 PM
Nope. should continue as normal.

KeirazBabe
16-07-2004, 07:18 PM
I hear you, I've done that many times in other forums I visit. It can be tedious and a general pain in the arse.

Tee hee good good sir :D

xXx

Kelsey
16-07-2004, 07:37 PM
...so now that the "secret" is out, I didn't have to completely edit my posts....

Glare
16-07-2004, 10:19 PM
I promise you, that you won't even know its happening, i'm just thinking ahead for kkw thats all, a few clients on this server have complained about slowness when kkw is at it's peak, although things have eased off a bit, kww is dedicated material and shouldn't be placed in a shared hosting environment.

Cheers

apoggy
16-07-2004, 10:22 PM
Just a thought, the server we are on is quite good, yes? How do other sites with more members (100,000+) and over a million hits a day survive?

Glare
16-07-2004, 11:41 PM
large forums would have load balancing with serveral servers, eg 1 sql server 2 web.

The current server is good, it hold kkw fine, its just the peak times other people on the server suffer I dont wish that to happen again, so I need to move you to a dedicated server where it can run through the fields of speed growing with freedom without hurting anyone else.

As to the fears people have about this forum starting al over again from scratch, its all lies, nothing will be lost, there will be no downtime, as I have said before, you won't even know you're on the new server until POTC2 comes out and we get hit from all sides.

<3 Archy

deviljet88
17-07-2004, 01:50 PM
You've got ages then, POTC2 ain't going to come out for quite a while :)