PDA

View Full Version : what are your favourite movies?

fandekeira
14-06-2006, 07:33 PM
mines are bring it on, cruel intentions,big fish,bilb,love actually and edward and scissors hands!

i love tim burton

michael22
14-06-2006, 07:49 PM
mine is the cure for insomnia

Hazzle
14-06-2006, 09:40 PM
Debbie Does Dallas.

Richard
14-06-2006, 11:29 PM
Debbie Does Dallas.

Second. Or anything with Kay Parker, Aunt Peg, and Honey Wilder.

jackenton
15-06-2006, 12:04 AM
I would say um, National Security and National Treasure.

GoPre
15-06-2006, 12:06 AM
Bend it Like Beckham, Kingdom of Heaven and many more.

Richard III
15-06-2006, 12:21 AM
I don't know exactly why or how it happened, but I love silent movies. Saw one at a theatre in Stanford and I've been hooked ever since.

My favorite silent is "IT" with the original "it-girl", Clara Bow.

I also like all those silent film comedians, like Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin, and Harold Lloyd . . .

Recently? PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN.

Swordsman
15-06-2006, 01:00 AM
Shaolin Vs. Wu Tang, Clerks, Fight Club, Pulp Fiction, and Rushmore.

Richard
15-06-2006, 02:47 AM
I don't know exactly why or how it happened, but I love silent movies. Saw one at a theatre in Stanford and I've been hooked ever since.

My favorite silent is "IT" with the original "it-girl", Clara Bow.

I also like all those silent film comedians, like Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin, and Harold Lloyd . . .

Recently? PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN.

Dude, you are me! Speaking of Buster Keaton, I have just finished watching The Navigator (1924), have you seen it?

Stick around here. You're interesting. :)

Richard III
15-06-2006, 03:21 AM
Yes, I've seen "The Navigator". Hold on, let me think. He did a couple of "boat" movies.

"Navigator"'s the one where he and that girl chase each other around the ship and just happen to miss each other at every turn? And it ends with him fighting off cannibals with a tiny cannon?

There was another Buster Keaton movie where he and his family were aboard some houseboat called the "Damfino". I spent about fifteen minutes wondering what the hell that meant, and then he used it in a gag where his ship is sinking and he sends out an S.O.S. They ask him what the name of the ship is and he spells it for them. They think he's said, "Damn if I know."

I guess that's why I've become a Johnny Depp fan. He gets a lot of his style and double-takes and what-not from the silent film greats (and he's honest enough to give them credit, too).

Why, even the ship sinking in POTC is reminiscent of a similar gag in a Buster Keaton "silent". Nice to find a fellow admirer of the "silver silents".

hasselbrad
15-06-2006, 12:48 PM
Anything by Kevin Smith (less Jersey Girl), PoTC, Airplane, Saving Private Ryan, 1941, The Blues Brothers, Bend it Like Beckham, Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Psycho, Full Metal Jacket, Snatch, Pulp Fiction, Reservior Dogs, Gladiator, The Breakfast Club, The Usual Suspects and many others I can't really remember at the moment.

Ardnax
15-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean, every Mel Brooks film I've seen, Bend it Like Beckham, Love Actually, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, LotR, Cruel Intentions, X-Men, Kill Bill and loads more.

Juliamariskamadadh
15-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Classic thriller movies that make you laugh, crime movies and some British films.

Kelsey
15-06-2006, 07:51 PM
A Far Off Place.

Jacoby
15-06-2006, 07:57 PM
I like the good ones best.

Pygmalion
17-06-2006, 05:41 AM
Boondock Saints

Swordsman
17-06-2006, 07:06 AM
The Warriors. Not enough mimes though.