PDA

View Full Version : What is the world coming to?

Nick
02-06-2006, 08:47 AM
Okay I have to rant for a bit. Has anyone else noticed the way young girls are dressing these days, I'm not even talking about young as in high school age either. I'm talking really young, like thirteen. It's ridiculous, it's no wonder pedophilia seems to be running rampant these days. Seriously, it seems like you have to be extremely careful these days if you talk to a girl at a party because she might seem much older than she actually is based on the way she dresses. What I'm getting at is that it's hard to tell their age when they dress like that and wear lots of makeup.

Girls I understand you like to sometimes attract guys that are a little older than you but you're going to get us thrown in jail. Ontop of that when you dress that way you're not only attracting guys your own age or even guys that are a couple years older than you, you're attracting much older guys. I'm talking old enough to be your dad. If you're over 18 and a fully developed and mature woman than you can dress however you want, but when you're not even the age of consent than you need to tone it down a bit. You can still look good for guys without showing everything off.
Honestly I'm more attracted to girls who do dress a little more conservatively. I mean sure I like a bikini or mini skirt just as much as any other guy but I'm not as likely to want to start a serious relationship with a girl who dresses like that. The reason being that I would just never be able to trust her completely. Whereas a girl who dresses a little more conservative I'm more likely to trust. For example a couple girls I met at the mall once were both very pretty girls but they weren't wearing revealing clothes. They were dressed very classy and elegantly, so they were still sexy without showing a lot of skin. There were lots of girls at the mall that day that I could have talked to, but these two caught my eye more than all the girls there that just sort of let everything hang out.

Anyway I think I'm done ranting for now. I'm sure I'll have more steam to let off later.

Hazzle
02-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Gayboy.

Actually I think you do have a point about girls dressing in a way that makes them look older. It's something guys need to watch out for, for example Digi was telling us in IRC about this girl at a wedding reception who was gorgeous, but later turned out to be really young. Thankfully he didn't do anything about it and preferred another older girl, but it could've worked out badly.

I'm not sure about not dating a girl who wears miniskirts or bikinis, but I agree that if ALL a girl EVER wears are revealing clothes, it's likely to put you off. And I agree that you're right as to why. It's kinda why you want your girlfriend to be a LITTLE slutty, but not too much. And you want her to at least present the illusion that it's an exception she's making for you. I think TOO conservative does exist, but a really good looking girl can still attract you whilst being completely covered up.

In general a little skin is good, but too much is bad. Show off a little, but don't give away the whole store! Pick your best features, accentuate them a little, but not too much, and that's good enough. A top showing a little cleavage and a pair of jeans, or a button up shirt with a short skirt is more likely to be attractive than a skimpy top and a tiny skirt.

That said a few girls can pull it off without looking slutty.

hasselbrad
02-06-2006, 01:25 PM
I have to agree with Nick on this. First of all, having a daughter who is about to turn nine, it really concerns me to see some of the programming on television that is aimed at her demographic. It seems like every show on the Disney Channel features girls, barely old enough to be left at home alone dressed like little pop-tarts. When I take my daughter to the mall, I cringe when I see the way some of these children...not young women, but children her age...are dressed. And it's not just the way they are dressed, but the amount of make-up they wear. Even more shocking, is the fact that many of them are with their parents.
For me, that's the real crux of the issue. Parents have become jellyfish when it comes to setting boundries. In their rush to indulge their little stripper wannabes, they forget that it is up to them to set boundries. Instead of taking a step back and saying "no, I don't feel comfortable with you parading around in clothes from a company that markets padded bras to pre-teen girls and whose marketing campaigns and catalogs are racier than Playboy magazine", they eagerly buy bagfuls from Abercrombie & Fitch in hopes that their kids will think they are "cool" parents. This is the same mindset that leads women to provide beer, drugs and sex to their son's friends. They want to be cool. Here's a little newsflash for you; it's not your job to be cool. I'm not saying the house needs to be run like Stalag 17, but at some point, a parent has to stand up and say "enough is enough" and refuse to give in to this over-indulgent lifestyle.
It's one thing for little girls to play dress up and get into their mother's make up. It's entirely different when these girls paint themselves up like hookers and go prancing around in public places in mini-skirts and shirts that say "Juicy" on them. No nine year old ever needs the word "Juicy" written anywhere on their clothing...let alone across their ass. Does A&F still sell padded bras for preteen girls? Not that it matters, since the fact that they did at one point is bad enough.
I thank my lucky stars that my daughter seems to be very resistant to most of this marketing. She's not big on bare stomachs and she doesn't even want to get her ears pierced.

kingdumbass
02-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Yesterday, a group of cheerleaders from the high school in my area held a car wash to raise funds for whatever it is that they do....
And many of them were wearing bikinis. Yes, teenage girls in bikinis.

Now, I honest to God would NEVER touch one of these chicks (even if it was legal, I wouldn't want to)...but you bet your ass I looked at them. It's not as though they aren't aware of what they're flaunting.

Hazzle
02-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Just in case it was unclear I was focussing more on the second paragraph than the first. More generalised point. My sister's my only real experience of a "little girl" and she's never really been much of girly dresser, she doesn't do skirts or dresses.

Hopefully your daughter, Brad, will be the same. When it comes to 13 year olds dressing like 20 year olds it does make you a little sick. And like you pointed out, it starts even younger than that. It's even worse than just clothes though, as you point out, it's just a culture where parents don't want to be parents. Parents want to be their kids friends. Newsflash; you're not there to be their friend. They HAVE friends. You're a parent, act like it.

My suggestions were targetted more generally at women, cos I think even grown women over the age of 18 don't always know much about boundaries. MOST are fine, but every so often. If you dress a certain way, you will gain a reputation, and whilst I'm not saying it's RIGHT, it's unsurprising that a lot of rapes are cases where a young man sees a young woman of the same sort of age dressed sluttily and can't take no for an answer. I'm not one of these people who says "She asked for it" or anything, and the scum still deserve to be locked up, but once it's done, that's hardly going to make you feel any less violated.

Plus I was commenting on the whole idea of to date a slutty dresser or not. Speaking of older girls, of course. Oh, and King, I don't blame you, it's entirely natural, and yet you'll be thought of as a dirty perv for doing it. Noone, of course, will put any blame on the girls in question...

hasselbrad
02-06-2006, 02:01 PM
To be honest Haz, I don't even think I looked at your response before I launched into my tirade, and I'm not sure I even got past Nick's first paragraph. :)
Kids growing up too fast just gets me all riled up. Pop-culture filling them with the notion that they have to dress and act like Britney to be cool is like pouring nitro-glycerin into the fire. :icon_mad:
I need a drink.

Hazzle
02-06-2006, 02:24 PM
That's cool Brad, just didn't want you thinking I had a penchant for 13 year old girls.

deviljet88
02-06-2006, 02:31 PM
It's not about guys. It's about self-confidence. What gives?

Hazzle
02-06-2006, 02:33 PM
I love how as yet no girl has commented. You guys do realise we're going to get our arses kicked by the teenager girly brigade when they get home from school, right?

acliff
02-06-2006, 02:45 PM
They're not due back for a while yet, after school they'll hitch their skirts up, smoke and drink cider in town centres till about 8pm, before stumbling home, tarting up so that they can try and flirt with the perving bouncers to gain entry into clubs.

Katielondon
02-06-2006, 02:46 PM
i actully very much see his point, sure its nice to not wear much on a really hot day but otherwise i think it is a bit much to do it all the time, i very rarely dress in bikinis or mini skirts as been only 91 lbs i feel very insecure about my body compared to the lucky girls who have sexy curves, but i also agree it can be a confidence thing to some extent and not just to attract people who are older.

hasselbrad
02-06-2006, 02:58 PM
That's cool Brad, just didn't want you thinking I had a penchant for 13 year old girls.
This comedian named Pretty Paul Parsons does a funny bit about kids growing up too quick. He's this child-molester-looking guy with a really funny act.
Kids grow up too fast nowadays. It's getting hard to tell a thirteen year old...
...from a ten year old.
I was hanging out at the playground, by the swings and I asked this little girl if she wanted some candy.
She said "show me your dick first"!

Hazzle
02-06-2006, 03:07 PM
Heh @ Cliff and Brad.

And Katie, agreed, warm weather is all good and well. I've often said summer's my favourite season because the girls wear so little ;)

Wow, did you say "only" 91lbs? The world's changed so much these days, there was a time being that thin would be great, now "curves" are the buzzword. People will say "good" but I disagree. Being thin isn't bad, if it's natural. Being curvy isn't bad, so long as it's natural. HEALTHY body image is what girls need. Eat as much as you like, exercise as much or as little as you like, and however you look will be just fine.

Katielondon
02-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Heh @ Cliff and Brad.

And Katie, agreed, warm weather is all good and well. I've often said summer's my favourite season because the girls wear so little ;)

Wow, did you say "only" 91lbs? The world's changed so much these days, there was a time being that thin would be great, now "curves" are the buzzword. People will say "good" but I disagree. Being thin isn't bad, if it's natural. Being curvy isn't bad, so long as it's natural. HEALTHY body image is what girls need. Eat as much as you like, exercise as much or as little as you like, and however you look will be just fine.

oh i dont think been thin is bad, im just naturally very little i eat normally and exercise so im ok health wise just i think girls with a few curves look sexy too,i also have a bit of a complex about my size which probably explains my SUV driving ways, i also agree summer is the best time of year, although i like some of my winter clothes too, to wrap up in and be warm sounds stupid im sure but it made sense to me lol.
and healthy body image, i dont know 1 girl-myself included thats completly happy with her body, it just doesnt happen.

hasselbrad
02-06-2006, 03:57 PM
i dont know 1 girl-myself included thats completly happy with her body, it just doesnt happen.

That is sad. Thanks media!

duckula
02-06-2006, 04:03 PM
i dont know 1 girl-myself included thats completly happy with her body, it just doesnt happen.

What about all the fat girls who say "I'm happy with my body", or even worse "I'm comfortable with my size". Of course they are comfortable, it must be like walking around with pillows strapped to you.

Katielondon
02-06-2006, 04:09 PM
That is sad. Thanks media!

yes i think a lot of blame could lie with the media but i dont think a lot of guys help by having thier views of the perfect girl and been very critical of girls who arnt quite there which makes us feel very inadequate.

hasselbrad
02-06-2006, 04:32 PM
What about all the fat girls who say "I'm happy with my body", or even worse "I'm comfortable with my size". Of course they are comfortable, it must be like walking around with pillows strapped to you.
Yeah. There is an epidemic of these girls walking around in clothes that they just shouldn't wear. My abs are less washboard, more basket of soft fluffy towels, but I don't go around with my stomach hanging out.

Pygmalion
02-06-2006, 05:02 PM
I also see Nick's point. I see girls in boob tubes when they have no boobs which is stupid.
Its funny how its fashionable for a 11 year old girl to dress like a hooker, I look at them and laugh because I like a girl with broad shoulders and 9:00 shadow hahahahah. I kid I kid...

Jacoby
02-06-2006, 05:20 PM
Don't worry, it's Darwinism in effect. The slutty stupids will kill themselves off, and then only respectable slutties will remain, on top of the respectable women, too. Well not 'on top' unfortunately, but 'in addition to.'

Every old person needs something to complain about. And when we are oldies, this will be one thing we can use. Just ask Brad.

hasselbrad
02-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Don't worry, it's Darwinism in effect. The slutty stupids will kill themselves off, and then only respectable slutties will remain, on top of the respectable women, too. Well not 'on top' unfortunately, but 'in addition to.'

Every old person needs something to complain about. And when we are oldies, this will be one thing we can use. Just ask Brad.

Yeah, but it's Darwinism in reverse. The morons are re-populating at an epic rate. Read about it here. (http://www.washtimes.com/national/20060601-122040-5038r.htm)
It's this...
A federal report released yesterday found that 47 percent of American men without a high-school diploma have fathered a child out of wedlock, compared with about 6 percent of college graduates....that concerns me the most.

mehrdad368
02-06-2006, 05:41 PM
nowaday most of girl use make up to show them older.I saw an 15 years old and I guessed she was 25.and I agree with you that summer is good.they'll shown more nake now.

Ranman
02-06-2006, 05:54 PM
You keep your women in bee keeper suits, what can they show?

Juliamariskamadadh
02-06-2006, 06:54 PM
What you wear reflects who you are.

Hazzle
02-06-2006, 09:45 PM
yes i think a lot of blame could lie with the media but i dont think a lot of guys help by having thier views of the perfect girl and been very critical of girls who arnt quite there which makes us feel very inadequate.

Agreed. But as Brad and Ducky point out, if you're of the more padded variety, stop acting like you're not. Fat is fat.

Foeni
02-06-2006, 10:37 PM
There was this scandal here some time ago. A company sold g-strings and push-up bras specifically made for 9 year-olds. They had to remove it again due public opinion. Good thing.

As for the girls dressing up and wearing tons of makeup. I don't understand the parents that let their kids do this. Parents are more and more often afraid not to be friends with their kids. Parents are supposed to stupid and mean sometimes (seen from a child's point of view). Jesus, I have a brother at the age of 12. They're having meetings at his school to find a common alcohol policy. They're 12, dammit. They start smoking and drinking when they're 11-15. The worst part is that not only do the parents take no action to this, they even help them. The law forbids shops to sell alcohol and tobacco to people under 16. Hell, who cares? The parents just buy it for them.

I think it's highly irresponsible. Let kids be kids, regardless of what the media says. The girls want to attract older boys. Well, not boys, more likely men. It's fair enough they want older boys, note: BOYS! as it is well known that girls mature earlier than boys. But it shouldn't be more than a couple of years. A 12-year old and a 14-year old seems allright. The thing is, girls don't need to show off so much to get a 14-year-old boy.

Nick
03-06-2006, 07:38 AM
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I'm totally against skimpy clothes. I mean I'm a man dammit. I just don't think young girls should be dressing in skimpy clothes. Like I said before if they're over 18 or even if they're 16 or 17, they can probably get away with it because their bodies are a little more developed at that point. But like someone on here pointed out, girls shouldn't be trying to show off things they don't have. For example a 12 year old that's still wearing training bras shouldn't be wearing low cut shirts or tube tops.

When I say I like a girl who dresses a little more conservative I don't mean she never wears mini skirts or bikinis. I just wouldn't want a girl that dresses like that all the time. For example the two girls I mentioned before, they were dressed slightly conservatively. It wasn't like they were wearing parcas, one girl did have a slightly low cut shirt but it wasn't so low cut that everything was about ready to pop out. And they were wearing those sort of lowrise hip hugger jeans but it wasn't like the jeans were so low that they were showing some crack. So they were dressed a little bit sexy some may even say a little slutty, but it wasn't as bad as a lot of girls I've seen. That's what I mean when I say I like girls who are a little conservative, not too conservative, just a little bit. They don't show everything off but they dress sexy enough to tease you a little bit.

once_dreaded
03-06-2006, 10:12 AM

I disagree the slutties will have children that will grow up to become slutties and the cycle will never end because they reproduce like cockroaches!

*on topic* I would NEVER let my child dress like a little hooker. Parents these days are too busy working, drinking, or carrying on about themselves to pay attention to what their children are doing. I would flip if I ever found out my child (if I had one) was dressing in the manner that these little slutty girls are...my child would wish for death before I was through with them (okay...I wouldn't beat them or anything...take away the cell phone, all lines of communication to friends, put bars on the windows, drop/pick-up the child from school in the most embarassingly outrageous outfit I could come up with, etc).

Hazzle
03-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Yeah, but it's Darwinism in reverse. The morons are re-populating at an epic rate. Read about it

Scary, ain't it? Known that for a LONG time. I warned people...

You keep your women in bee keeper suits, what can they show?

Heh. Classic.

What you wear reflects who you are.

You wear a straitjacket then?

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I'm totally against skimpy clothes. I mean I'm a man dammit. I just don't think young girls should be dressing in skimpy clothes.

Man I heard ya. And I agree totally with EVERYTHING you've said. Those girls you described at the mall, that's what I mean, a little sexy, maybe even verging on a little slutty, but not hooker-esque. And agree on pre-pubescent girls dressing like whores. Parents should be ashamed.

I disagree the slutties will have children that will grow up to become slutties and the cycle will never end because they reproduce like cockroaches!

Indeed. Fucking scary. The end is really fucking nigh people.

*on topic* I would NEVER let my child dress like a little hooker. Parents these days are too busy working, drinking, or carrying on about themselves to pay attention to what their children are doing.

I'm not sure that's true. A few years ago, maybe. Back then parents were just too wrapped up in their own lives and oblivious to their kids. That's more like when we were younger. But NOW I think the parents know, and ACTIVELY encourage it. That's what's fucked up about it.

Liam
03-06-2006, 12:44 PM
If you have kids, they become your life. Anything else takes a back seat.

Thats how I see it anyway. Evidently most of the cretins in the world don't agree.

Hazzle
03-06-2006, 12:48 PM
If you have kids, they become your life. Anything else takes a back seat.

Thats how I see it anyway. Evidently most of the cretins in the world don't agree.

Pithy perfection Liam. Well said.