PDA

View Full Version : New Batwoman is a LESBIAN!!!

once_dreaded
01-06-2006, 11:55 AM
http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/books/news/article621772.ece

I was bored so I decided to scroll through some news on Yahoo and looky what I found. OMG...gay batwoman?

duckula
01-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Cool.

Hazzle
01-06-2006, 12:31 PM
http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/books/news/article621772.ece

I was bored so I decided to scroll through some news on Yahoo and looky what I found. OMG...gay batwoman?

Wasn't Catwoman made bisexual recently?

It's all part of the new PC world of comic books. Of course she'll still be entirely unrealistically proportioned but you won't hear me complaining. In fact, if only ALL women looked like comic book women...mmm.

hasselbrad
01-06-2006, 12:32 PM
Yeah, I saw this yesterday on Kevin Smith's moviepoopshoot.com, and since there tend to be a lot of comic book fans, it wasn't until nearly the twentieth post someone said "that's kinda hot."
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41704000/jpg/_41704384_batwoman_bodynyt.jpg

Katielondon
01-06-2006, 01:25 PM
good on her :)

deviljet88
01-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Does it matter? Good for the male comic fans I guess.

Edit: Fine, the lesbian comic fans too. And the bisexuals too. Yeah.

Hazzle
01-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Does it matter? Good for the male comic fans I guess.

Which is exactly why it matters...

And what about lesbian comic fans?! You homophobe!

Pygmalion
01-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Hahaha you can talk Haz! Knocking my ability to judge whether a guy looks ok in things just because I shag women!

Hazzle
01-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Hahaha you can talk Haz! Knocking my ability to judge whether a guy looks ok in things just because I shag women!

No. Judging your ability to judge whether a man looks attractive because you don't find men attractive was what I did. And that's INCREDIBLY logical.

If you were bi, the fact you shagged women would have nothing to do with the equation.

Katielondon
01-06-2006, 05:16 PM

i think your right, i can still tell if a guy is good looking or not even though i wouldnt find him remotely attractive.

Swordsman
01-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Just the other day my dad came down the steps and threw a piece of paper at me that said "New Batwoman is a Lesbian"...that's such a lameass story.

Does anyone if like Batwoman? Everyone liked Batgirl though.

Hazzle
01-06-2006, 06:55 PM
i think your right, i can still tell if a guy is good looking or not even though i wouldnt find him remotely attractive.

You wouldn't be able to call him "attractive" though. Pygs is simply paraphrasing me badly, and in doing so changing the meaning of what I said.The context of the other discussion was finding a man attractive, not whether he "looked good". It was on the flip-flops said and I didn't say that guys in flip-flopped looked ugly. Just gay. Because a real man doesn't wear flip flops.

I was saying that she was in no position to judge whether a guy's gay or poofy because she's not a guy. Not because she's a lesbian, per se, but because she's a woman. I chose to say lesbian because had she been straight I'd have said that if she thought guys wearing flip flips weren't gay that said more about the guys she went for than how gay it was.

Still maintain it's an entirely logical response. I can judge that a man "looks good" (for example my love of Johnny Depp is infamous) and not find him attractive, so I wouldn't dream of saying anything otherwise in relation to you guys.

Anyway, this is severely off-topic. Let's talk about the hot lesbian batwoman. I wonder, will they have lots of lesbian "love scenes" (done in a tasteful "tease" way) for comic book geeks to whack off to?

Aww man. Now I KNOW I gave up collecting comics too early...

Katielondon
02-06-2006, 01:02 AM
You wouldn't be able to call him "attractive" though. Pygs is simply paraphrasing me badly, and in doing so changing the meaning of what I said.The context of the other discussion was finding a man attractive, not whether he "looked good". It was on the flip-flops said and I didn't say that guys in flip-flopped looked ugly. Just gay. Because a real man doesn't wear flip flops.

I was saying that she was in no position to judge whether a guy's gay or poofy because she's not a guy. Not because she's a lesbian, per se, but because she's a woman. I chose to say lesbian because had she been straight I'd have said that if she thought guys wearing flip flips weren't gay that said more about the guys she went for than how gay it was.

Still maintain it's an entirely logical response. I can judge that a man "looks good" (for example my love of Johnny Depp is infamous) and not find him attractive, so I wouldn't dream of saying anything otherwise in relation to you guys.

Anyway, this is severely off-topic. Let's talk about the hot lesbian batwoman. I wonder, will they have lots of lesbian "love scenes" (done in a tasteful "tease" way) for comic book geeks to whack off to?

Aww man. Now I KNOW I gave up collecting comics too early...

i understand what you mean i was just saying that i can tell if a man is good looking or not, you mention Johnny Depp, do you like him because you have great respect for him if that makes sense?,for instance i have a huge amount of respect for both Kurt Cobain and Anthony Kiedis on a musical level because i really like what they both write and admired/admire them but i wouldnt say i was attracted to them, perhaps your the same with Johnnys acting?

Ranman
02-06-2006, 01:12 AM
was there ever a batwoman, I thought she was called batgirl

Hazzle
02-06-2006, 08:22 AM
i understand what you mean i was just saying that i can tell if a man is good looking or not, you mention Johnny Depp, do you like him because you have great respect for him if that makes sense?,for instance i have a huge amount of respect for both Kurt Cobain and Anthony Kiedis on a musical level because i really like what they both write and admired/admire them but i wouldnt say i was attracted to them, perhaps your the same with Johnnys acting?

Haha. I just said he's good looking once, and said I wanted to have his babies (being facetious) and everyone took the ball and ran with it. The cunts.

And Ran, there was, I believe, a Batwoman. Batgirl is a newer creation and a different character.

once_dreaded
03-06-2006, 10:34 AM
was there ever a batwoman, I thought she was called batgirl

There was both a Batwoman and a Batgirl.

*ahem* on Haz's debate with Katie and Pygs, Haz you'll lose. Y'know I'm a proud dyke but I will give an honest opinion on whether or not a guy is attractive, hell my straight girlies ask my opinion all the time. Anderson Cooper - very attractive man, Brad Pitt - another attractive man. Hell, I find there is something about Jeff Goldblum and Alan Rickman that tickles my fancy so my taste in what is attractive about males of the species might be a bit twisted but HEY it's my opinion and Lesbians can give opinions about attractiveness of males just as well as females so *ttttthhhhhhbbbbbbtttt*:icon_nana :icon_eplu

Hazzle
03-06-2006, 11:09 AM
Erm. No. About how good looking a man is? Yes. But attractiveness implies that if you were single and looking you'd be attracted to him, therefore, you can't comment unless you WOULD be attracted to him. There's a fine line. And ANYWAY, everyone's drawing this away from what I ACTUALLY said. Which is that wearing flip-flops is gay. Also you seem to imply lesbians aren't female with that last bit...

And what you said about Batwoman AND Batgirl :)

Katielondon
03-06-2006, 03:02 PM
There was both a Batwoman and a Batgirl.

*ahem* on Haz's debate with Katie and Pygs, Haz you'll lose. Y'know I'm a proud dyke but I will give an honest opinion on whether or not a guy is attractive, hell my straight girlies ask my opinion all the time. Anderson Cooper - very attractive man, Brad Pitt - another attractive man. Hell, I find there is something about Jeff Goldblum and Alan Rickman that tickles my fancy so my taste in what is attractive about males of the species might be a bit twisted but HEY it's my opinion and Lesbians can give opinions about attractiveness of males just as well as females so *ttttthhhhhhbbbbbbtttt*:icon_nana :icon_eplu

i agree with you completly, just because i dont personally find a male attracitve doesnt mean i cant spot beauty still, oh and Alan Rickman is 1 of my favourite actors particularly in Dogma or as Severus Snape in Harry Potter, his grumpyness is so amusing.

Pygmalion
03-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Brad Pitt - another attractive man.
You think Brad Pitt's attractive? I reckon he's a bit of a prawn (meaning you'd keep the body and throw the head away) but I admire his acting-particularly in Snatch and Fight Club.

Lol that was totally off topic. I can't say I know much about Batwoman, was Alicia Silverspoon Batgirl or Batwoman in that Batman movie with George Cluney?

Hazzle
03-06-2006, 04:02 PM
i agree with you completly, just because i dont personally find a male attracitve doesnt mean i cant spot beauty

And there ya go. I said lesbians can't judge male ATTRACTIVEness. Not beauty, not good looks, ATTRACTIVEness. Attractiveness is their ability to attract you. If you can spot their beauty, or their good looks, but don't personally find them attractive, then they're not attractive. Therefore by your definition, every man would be unattractive to you :)

Now if you could please just accept that it was a logical point, and I never said anything about lesbians judging male good looks, we can finally get back onto topic.

And to begin that process...I'm sure Batwoman wouldn't disagree with me! Alicia Silverstone was Batgirl Pygs. I wonder if they will make a Batwoman film if the comic relaunch is successful?

Mandy
03-06-2006, 04:04 PM
She played such a shit Batgirl too. She should've just went back to the mall or something.

Hazzle
03-06-2006, 04:09 PM
She played such a shit Batgirl too. She should've just went back to the mall or something.

To be fair, it was a SHIT movie and they were ALL terrible. Clooney as Batman. EW! Worse than Val Kilmer, who was shit too.

There's only been two good Batman actors. Michael Keaton, who made the role all but unplayable by anyone else...until Christian Bale came along. Who was an awesome Batman too.

Arnie. Chris O'Donnell. All of them. So so so bad. Batman & Robin was the worst the series has offered.

Pygmalion
03-06-2006, 04:52 PM
I dunno, the Batman movies were a huge part of my childhood so I spose since I haven't seen them since I was about 11, they'll always have places in my heart-especially Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy...Sa-weeeet.

Hazzle
03-06-2006, 06:19 PM
I dunno, the Batman movies were a huge part of my childhood so I spose since I haven't seen them since I was about 11, they'll always have places in my heart-especially Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy...Sa-weeeet.

She was hot. But that was a terrible film.

EmotionSickness
04-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Michael Keaton was the only good Batman. The rest of the films, following the second installment, were terrible. Batman Begins brought the series back, though.

once_dreaded
04-06-2006, 05:53 PM
Michael Keaton was the only good Batman. The rest of the films, following the second installment, were terrible. Batman Begins brought the series back, though.

I LOVE Michael Keaton as Batman so much that I cannot accept any one else playing him, EVEN Christian Bale *mumbles something about another constipated actor*.

Hazzle
05-06-2006, 08:08 AM
I agree with ES, not quite so much OD, for once!

I actually like Bale as Batman, but only as "early batman" so it's good that that's all he's ever going to play. I don't think they have any plans to make a sequel to Batman & Robin, only sequels to Batman Begins, as prequels to the original Batman.

I think Bale's Batman complements Keaton's perfectly. Keaton managed to get that broodiness down perfectly, in a very subtle way. He made Batman and Bruce seem jaded, which is exactly what he is. However Bale had to play Batman when Bruce is still consumed with rage, before a lifetime as Batman has had an impact on him and worn him down. Older Batman does what he does out of a sense of duty, younger Batman out of a sense of vengeance for his parents. Bale managed to show that, but without taking away the nobility that the character still maintains, despite his anger.

After Batman Returns they all went to hell. Because noone could replace Keaton. In Bale they have a man who, whilst he can't replace him, can do a different portrayal that's equally true to the character.