PDA

View Full Version : I just bought...

Richard
30-05-2006, 06:23 PM
...this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8288968502&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1).

A discussion of the various video game systems you've loved in the past. I hope there isn't already thread about this.

Refrain from calling SNES lame, it is not. I bought it because I love the system and I grew up with the system.

Digital_Ice
30-05-2006, 07:02 PM
heehee, i still have my original SNES and games, although obviously mine is the pal edition, which looks nicer.

http://www.ratedo.com/snes9x/snes.jpg

I also still have my Commodore 54, Commodore Vic20, and Sinclair ZX81 (somewhere)

Mandy
30-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Oh man...we had the best games on our super nintendo when I was little. That's AWESOME. How much was it?

Hazzle
30-05-2006, 07:06 PM
I still have my old Amiga 500 somewhere. Was my first ever experience of a computer and computer games. AWESOME!

Richard
30-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Oh man...we had the best games on our super nintendo when I was little. That's AWESOME. How much was it?

I paid $187 for it. It's a good deal considering the condition of the system, its controllers, etc...Not to mention, the box and the styrofoam pads increase the value. I got four games with it also.

Mandy
30-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Have you looked up games? Are they expensive too? I don't know how many garage sales I've been to that have old console games for like ten cents.

Richard
30-05-2006, 07:38 PM
It really depends on the game and its condition. Ebay has a variety of used, mint, and some still factory sealed. Of course, the FS ones go for nearly $100 bucks, sometimes more. Shamefully, I have a really low knowledge of SNES games and have only decided to buy the ones I loved playing when I was younger. The Donkey Kong Series, Mario, Mortal Kombat, and a few others I know I'm forgetting.

Most SNES games sell for $10 and up.

Mandy
30-05-2006, 07:40 PM
That's not bad...I can't remember a lot either, but I remember this really great Ninja Turtles game we had, it was the best.

ryan
30-05-2006, 10:03 PM
my SNES is still in near-perfect condition...i'd of sold it for less than that. bah.

Bait
31-05-2006, 05:49 AM
damn i have pretty much all the old game systems starting from nintendo (nintend, snes, sega, sega cd, dream cast, playstion one, nintendo 64)

I didn't know they go for that much (i have all the cables boxes controllers etc for snes + atleast 50 games...)

I think i'm going to hold on to it for a while just because I grew up with it too and I don't see my self ever needing to sell these consoles for money.

Nice purchase now go get some more games :)

once_dreaded
31-05-2006, 09:11 AM
I LOVED Earth Worm Jim on SNES. I also played one that had something to do with furballs...I think you're character was a cat...it was COOL though. Man I miss the days when I could spend all day just playing SNES and not have a care in the world *le sigh*

Hazzle
31-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Earthworm Jim was AWESOME! Did anyone else watch the cartoon TV series? No? Just me? Yeah, didn't think anyone else was sad enough...

Jacoby
31-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Should have just bought a Wii, and downloaded the older games...

But I guess there's some nostalgic pleasure in owning the actual system. But 187? I think you may have overpaid. I know some of the stores around me were selling used 64s for less than 20 dollars, and if they had SNES they wouldn't be more than 15. If it came with like Mario Paint, Yoshi Island, Mario Kart, Zelda, and all those games then I'd understand.

acliff
31-05-2006, 07:21 PM
I seriously want a Wii.
(Why is that funny everytime? hehe)

The SNES had and still has some of the greatest games every created. In terms of sheer gameplay, modern games with their fancy graphics still can't beat the legendary platformers and RPGs. Not to mention the fighting games, and racing games. Mario, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana/Evermore, Seiken Densetsu, Chronotrigger, Mario Kart, F Zero, Earthworm Jim, Contra, and the rest.

DragonRat
31-05-2006, 09:06 PM
SEGA Genesis. 'Nuff said.

I actually more or less envied SNES owners. They had an incredible amount of games compared to SEGA's selection. However, because I was in the minority, I could feel that condescending smugness just oozing out my pores. (I also loved the smell of my own farts at the time.) Everyone justified their populist choice of Super Nintendo (which isn't lame at all; F-Zero rocked socks, and Squaresoft had a devil's pact with Nintendo for all their superb RPG's.), while I stuck by my 16-bit Genesis: NBA Jam; Forgotten Worlds; Sonic the Hedgehog 2; just to name a few.

My friend just recently bought an old-school, original Nintendo system, and he and all my other buddies have been milking Duck Hunt out of its mallardy mammaries for the past three days. I'd want to play River City Ransom, if ever we decide to look for it...

Jacoby
31-05-2006, 09:26 PM
I seriously want a Wii.
(Why is that funny everytime? hehe)

The SNES had and still has some of the greatest games every created. In terms of sheer gameplay, modern games with their fancy graphics still can't beat the legendary platformers and RPGs. Not to mention the fighting games, and racing games. Mario, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana/Evermore, Seiken Densetsu, Chronotrigger, Mario Kart, F Zero, Earthworm Jim, Contra, and the rest.

I'm getting a Wii!

We should play with our Wiis together!

There's gotta be a better way to phrase that.

Swordsman
31-05-2006, 09:48 PM
I'm getting a Wii!

We should play with our Wiis together!

There's gotta be a better way to phrase that.

DUUUDE!...Zelda...

Hazzle
31-05-2006, 10:15 PM
SEGA Genesis. 'Nuff said.

I was actually more of a Sega man back in the day myself. I had both Nintendo and Sega systems, because I always felt that whilst Nintendo won the war in terms of quantity of games, Sega had more depth to their games. Nintendos were more addictive and had natural gameplay quality because of that, but Segas were just so in-depth that they ended up giving you more hours of fun for your money.

Just my view though.