PDA

View Full Version : Principal Richard Vernon died...

hasselbrad
30-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Actor Paul Gleason (http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/states/california/northern_california/14690208.htm) died of mesothelioma.
I bet Richard knows the other actor that died from this.
Anyway, those of you that have seen The Breakfast Club, know who I'm talking about. Those who haven't seen The Breakfast Club need to crawl out from under their rock.

duckula
30-05-2006, 04:56 PM
A sad day for fans of bit part comic actors everywhere.

hasselbrad
30-05-2006, 04:59 PM
A sad day for fans of bit part comic actors everywhere.
Icon...he was an icon to my generation. :p

What are you gonna do about it? You think anyone's gonna believe you? You think anyone gonna take your word over mine? I'm a man of respect around here. They love me. I'm a swell guy. You're a lying sack of monkey shit, and everyone knows about it. Oh, you're a tough guy. Hey c'mon. Get on your feet pal! Let's find out how tough you are. I wanna know how tough you are. Let's go. C'mon man, just take the first shot. I'm begging you, take the first shot. Just take one good swing...
Yeah, that's what I thought. You're a gutless turd.

duckula
30-05-2006, 05:06 PM
It wasn't a dig. I thought he was great and I'm a huge fan of bit part comic actors. Where would John Cusack be without Jeremy Piven, or Benny 'the jet' Urquidez for that matter.

Richard
30-05-2006, 06:05 PM
I bet Richard knows the other actor that died from this.

Yep, Steve McQueen.

I found out about Paul's death last night. Truly sad. I don't believe I've seen any of his other movies except The Breakfast Club, Die Hard, Not Another Teen Movie, and one in his very early uncredited days, C'mon, Let's Live A Little, which starred Bobby Vee. Horrible movie, but that's beside the point.

His death has prompt me to watch The Breakfast Club again.

once_dreaded
31-05-2006, 09:25 AM
Ohhhhh man...I was just in Wal-mart and thinking about purchasing The Breakfast Club DVD but opted for Foxfire instead. DUDE...he was awesome, this sucks *somber mood*

Hazzle
31-05-2006, 12:46 PM
A tragic loss. Breakfast Club is a classic movie. *sighs*