PDA

View Full Version : Keira Knightley Wavefront 2003: Where It All Started

barrington
20-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Digging through the annals of the internet I finally found what I thougt had been lost forever - the very original KKW site. I'm not sure if anyone here remembers it, but I'd be interested to know if there's anyone here that used to come along when we had 30 visitors a day!

http://www.keiraknightley.com/images/kkw01_thumb.jpg (http://www.keiraknightley.com/images/kkw01.jpg)

In my humble opinion it was, and still is, a lovely looking site. Sadly it didn't scale well and could never handle the volume of media and news that we chew down to the 10,000 keira fans that visit us every day now. What do you think?

I even found The old forums link (http://web.archive.org/web/20040406011602/www.kkwavefront.com/forums), sadly it doesn't work as the Archive never trawled the insides. Shame that.

And, just to prove that everybody has off-days, is the utterly horrific KKW-Second Edition (KKW2) that hung around for over a year until it was shipped off to a retirement home to make way for KKW3 that you see now. The archive didn't save the news items, but there's still the Mysterious Panel 5 that was never actually completed due to Liam and I being lazy.

http://www.keiraknightley.com/images/kkw02_thumb.jpg (http://www.keiraknightley.com/images/kkw02.jpg)

That's it for today's nostalgia trip. Sniff.

Hazzle
20-05-2006, 04:04 PM
I remember both of those! I always liked the wavey writing on the original Wavefront design.

But I think it shifted to the second incarnation soon after I joined. I joined just as this place begun to get big after the Pirates boom but when it was still SOMEWHAT of a niche group.

How things have changed...

Nostalgia's great, ain't it? Here's the old KKW crew...the survivors who're still with us and the lost ones who left us along the way.

While I'm here, and on the topic, let me say tis good to be back.

Jacoby
20-05-2006, 05:59 PM
I remember the old forums. I was there for about five months before it had to change over. I was terrified of that place...some people would try to rip your head off for no reason.

I can honestly say, though, that the original KKW forums shaped my online posting, because I started out with posts like:

"I think kirea sholuld date........hmmm........ME!!!! LOL but seriously I wanna not be a virgein anymore."

So I guess I have harsh, British humo'u'r to thank. Thanks for not taking it easy on me, gentlemen.

Mandy
20-05-2006, 06:36 PM
Awwwwwwww That gave me warm tingly feelings inside. And it's not because I remember all the whoring I did in irc.

EmotionSickness
20-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I was definitely there. I even remember when you (at least I think it was you) posted about its inception under the name "russellbloke" (or something to that effect; my memory fails me) at the KK Phantom Actress Yahoo Group, which I think was actually the first real gathering place of Keira fans on the Internet.

What was the name of the old server? The word "red" is sticking out in my mind. Maybe I'm crazy.

Mandy
20-05-2006, 07:02 PM
I think yours was like MargotTenenbaum or something.

Renegade
20-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Wow, I don't remember if I remember the first Wavefront (I started around Nov 03), but I definitely remember the second version. It's cool to see how much it's changed. And Jake's right about the whole British humor thing. I too have kind of changed the way I've posted online.

barrington
20-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I was definitely there. I even remember when you (at least I think it was you) posted about its inception under the name "russellbloke" (or something to that effect; my memory fails me) at the KK Phantom Actress Yahoo Group, which I think was actually the first real gathering place of Keira fans on the Internet.

What was the name of the old server? The word "red" is sticking out in my mind. Maybe I'm crazy.
What a memory!
Yep, it was russell_bloke on the phantom actress yahoo group! Things have certainly changed since then with about 50 keira fans in the world! The very original server was Project Red, then Wave3. Even I had forgotten about the most humble of roots.

Liam
20-05-2006, 11:39 PM
I remember doing all the galleries by hand, making each picture into a thumbnail in photoshop, then batch uploading.

I still say we have get 'rotot' and 'discombobulate' back into pride of place on the front page. Baz will know what I mean.

barrington
20-05-2006, 11:49 PM
I'll consult the almanac.

EmotionSickness
21-05-2006, 12:01 AM
Haha, wow. I can't believe I remembered all that. And you were right about the sharpness of the layouts. The first one (first one you pictured, that is) was a favorite of mine. I enjoyed the simplicity and that was my favorite picture of Keira, at the time. Haha, of course, that was back when we had all of, what? 30-or-so pictures...total?

Was the original (project red) site launched in 2003? For some reason I was thinking 2002, because that's when I first started to take notice of her and I remember the project red site, along with the yahoo group and the original keiraknightley.com being, literally, the only web pages devoted to her.

Hazzle
21-05-2006, 12:06 AM
So I guess I have harsh, British humo'u'r to thank. Thanks for not taking it easy on me, gentlemen.

You're welcome you big gay zebra-molesting cunt.

duckula
21-05-2006, 12:59 AM
You're welcome you big gay zebra-molesting cunt.

I think he was talking about me, you aren't funny.

Hazzle
21-05-2006, 01:03 AM
I think he was talking about me, you aren't funny.

I was talking about the part about not going easy on him. I leave being "funny" to you...or rather...your face.

deviljet88
21-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Aww I missed out on so much :'(

Hazzle
21-05-2006, 03:51 PM
Aww I missed out on so much :'(

Yeah...I mean just think, if you'd joined earlier you'd have gotten to enjoy all those anal rapings.

DefyingGravity
22-05-2006, 01:46 AM
Yeah, I think I've been a member for about three years. I joined the Wavefront about the time Bend it Like Beckham was out in theatres. Wow.

Kelsey
23-05-2006, 03:21 AM
I was like the eighth member or something weird like that.

Hazzle
23-05-2006, 07:18 AM
I was like the eighth member or something weird like that.

Not the 8th?!?! So YOU'RE the one...

acliff
23-05-2006, 08:38 AM
Ahhh those were the days...

If only we were able to salvage the hole.
I have fond memories of the threads that were lovingly moved there.

Sarah
23-05-2006, 10:21 PM
I remember them, lol. I've been around since forever...almost.

Ashley
23-05-2006, 11:10 PM
I think that was the first forum I was ever on. I'll second Jacoby with you guys helping me with my internet ways. Posting things like "OMG!!!! I need to meet her!! She rawks my sawks!!!" That's just embarrassing now.

Hazzle
23-05-2006, 11:17 PM
I remember them, lol. I've been around since forever...almost.

Yes you old hag, so you have!

Christ can we kill all the newbies, find all the people who left and start again?

deviljet88
24-05-2006, 09:14 AM
Yes you old hag, so you have!

Christ can we kill all the newbies, find all the people who left and start again?
And hope Keira achieves no success in the future so we don't get any more irritating 'newbies' joining. Quite selfish of you really, give them a chance pft.

Hazzle
24-05-2006, 09:26 AM
And hope Keira achieves no success in the future so we don't get any more irritating 'newbies' joining. Quite selfish of you really, give them a chance pft.

Cunt off.

barrington
09-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Bump. I actually found some of the original files today and uploaded them here: http://www.keiraknightley.com/kkw_original enjoy! I think I actually preferred that original design to all the ones since. It had character.

If only the original forum would give up its secrets.

frodo1511
09-09-2007, 09:03 PM
I believe I signed up when version 2.0 was out. It's amazing how much this site has evolved and accomplished in the past four years.

You've done good.

michael22
09-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I seem to have matured somewhat since those days. Damn I miss the dangerous atmosphere that came with none of you having a soul back then.

Pygmalion
10-09-2007, 02:58 AM
I liked the girls forum in the old KKW, when I first joined it was the only place I commented really.
We should really bring that atmosphere in the Keira Girls back.

frodo1511
14-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Spire's not on here anymore, is he? He and I got into many a fight, as well as me and Jake, Poggs...probably everyone. Always lost, but it was fun.

Renegade
15-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Spire's not on here anymore, is he? He and I got into many a fight, as well as me and Jake, Poggs...probably everyone. Always lost, but it was fun.

Frodo, you have to admit, you were a spam machine. And it was annoying as hell. I didn't particularly like you back then but it's good to see you around the forum nowadays.

Ranman
15-09-2007, 11:43 AM
but it's good to see you around the forum nowadays.

Speak for yourself

frodo1511
15-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Speak for yourself

We have our creative differences, Ran.

I'll admit, Ren, I was a complete immature tool back then. Still am today, but not turned up to 500.

Pygmalion
18-09-2007, 01:51 PM
I miss Ashlyn. She and I became good friends over the years, I ran into her at the V Festival earlier in the year but it sucks she's not around the forums anymore...

Hazzle
19-09-2007, 11:14 PM
That it does Pygs. I miss the old Haz. I've mellowed since then. Bah. I blame you lot.

frodo1511
20-09-2007, 12:16 AM
You saying we made you soft, Haz? I find that hard to believe.

Hazzle
20-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Believe. The good old days were like the Wild West, now it's more like a theme park ride.

Nick
23-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Well I haven't been around as long as some of you but I do vaguely remember the old site. It was very nicely put together. Looking at some of those pics on the old site takes me back to when I first started noticing keira. That was back when I actually liked reading news about her because back then it seemed like the media had nothing but good things to say about what a promising young star she was. Now that she's lived up to their expectations and become a big star it's like they've turned on her. It seems like all they do now is demean her and scorn her by making claims that she's anorexic and whatnot. Honestly I can hardly bring myself to read anything about her anymore because I know it's just going to be more negativity, it just saddens me to hear them talk shit about her. What a bunch of ungrateful, backstabbing bastards.
Okay I'm done ranting now.