PDA

View Full Version : Guys and flip flops

Laura
18-05-2006, 06:16 PM
Out shopping the other day and I decided to buy my boyfriend a pair of flip flops from topman. We live by seaside and if the weathers good, we shud be spending loads of time at the beach this summer and i don't want him waering his old smelly trainers all summer.
But when I showed them to him today, he said that he wouldn't wear them as they look "queer" :icon_err: I don't see anything wrong with them, but is this a general guy thing about hating flip flops (btw they were plain blue ones, not pink or anything! lol)

Ranman
18-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Your boyfriend is right, They're gay
No matter the color

marine
18-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Your boyfriend is right, They're gay
No matter the color

What do you wear when you go to the beach?

BrunoJA
18-05-2006, 06:36 PM
Your boyfriend has serious problems.

duckula
18-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Flip flops on a man are gay. If he isn't man enough to walk with bare feet then flip flops will do him fine.

Jacoby
18-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Flip flops on guys = lame. Serious.

Mandy
18-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Yeah....I hate seeing guys' hairy hobbit feet anyway, so flip flops are out.

barrington
18-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Proper beefy brown sandals I don't have an issue with - Flip-Flops yes.

Foeni
18-05-2006, 07:36 PM
Your boyfriend is right, They're gay What do you wear when you go to the beach?
He wears a bikini.

Ranman
18-05-2006, 09:34 PM
With polka dots.

BrunoJA
18-05-2006, 09:47 PM
You all are pussies.

Real men wear combat boots to the beach.

We wore 'em in Desert Storm shooting people in the face, so you can sure as hell wear 'em building a goddamn sandcastle.

Ranman
18-05-2006, 09:55 PM
You all are pussies.

Real men wear combat boots to the beach.

We wore 'em in Desert Storm shooting people in the face, so you can sure as hell wear 'em building a goddamn sandcastle.

Somebody needs a hug

Mandy
18-05-2006, 10:11 PM
Or a shrink.

Combat boots are fugly. But then again, I refuse to date military men.

Swordsman
18-05-2006, 10:36 PM
Only jock douche bags wear flip flops.

Richard
18-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Are we talking about flip-flops for the beach or just in general?

How about black flip-flops with black socks and black pants for going out and about. Are they gay then?

Mandy
18-05-2006, 11:33 PM
Flip flops with socks is a THOUSAND times more gay for both men AND women.

BrunoJA
18-05-2006, 11:44 PM
How about black flip-flops with black socks and black pants for going out and about. Are they gay then?
Real men don't wear black.

We wear camo.

Johnny Cash is the exception.

kingdumbass
19-05-2006, 12:51 AM
I own one pair of footwear....
And they're big black steel-toed boots. Makes me feel like a big man. I like knowing that if a rabid dog attacks me, I can kick his skull in.

A man needs that sense of security.

BrunoJA
19-05-2006, 12:53 AM
Black?

Try again, woman.

Ashley
19-05-2006, 02:41 AM
I have no problem with flip flops on guys. I go to college though so just about every guy on campus wears flip flops... and really just about every person.

ryan
19-05-2006, 03:09 AM
you can't walk around a college campus in the spring, summer, or fall without seeing a good amount of guys wearing flip-flops...i dont see how anyone can call wearing them "gay" unless the persons also wearing socks.

i have some blue ones from jcrew and i like 'em.

Nick
19-05-2006, 03:14 AM
Flip flops are extremely gay. Boots are the way to go. I hardly wear tennis shoes let alone flip flops. I usually wear black leather steel toe work boots. Only preppy pretty boys wear flip flops.

Mandy
19-05-2006, 03:16 AM
Hmmm I guess I can understand it in the summer when it's really hot. But seriously, I wasn't kidding about the hobbit feet thing because some guys' feet are freakin' gnarly. Clip your toenails if you gotta wear 'em, boys.

ryan
19-05-2006, 03:18 AM
Flip flops are extremely gay. Boots are the way to go. I hardly wear tennis shoes let alone flip flops. I usually wear black leather steel toe work boots. Only preppy pretty boys wear flip flops.

to each his own, i suppose.

BrunoJA
19-05-2006, 03:21 AM
Mr. Frodo!

Mandy
19-05-2006, 03:24 AM
Oh man...boots would be so hot in 100 degree weather. :dontknowa

BrunoJA
19-05-2006, 03:26 AM
Suck it up, pansies.

Ranman
19-05-2006, 06:17 AM
Wearing boots on the beach...What a way to attract women to yourself.
Having big old smelly boots on when your trying to impress the ladies.
Just so you know when you hear people laughing in the distance
They are laughing at you.

devine kk
19-05-2006, 07:18 AM
Been a Brit i assume flip flops to be those flat plastic sandal things with a plastic loop that goes over and between you big toe. If so this is vvvvv gay for a man to wear.

On the other hand if you mean sports sandals by nike/reebok etc. these are fine, you see men all over wearing them when its warm. It saves your feet sweating in trainers because as we all know wearing shorts means you most certainly can't wear socks with trainers (again gay).

I agree though socks with either is a definite no no.

BrunoJA
19-05-2006, 11:55 AM
Wearing boots on the beach...What a way to attract women to yourself.
Having big old smelly boots on when your trying to impress the ladies.
Just so you know when you hear people laughing in the distance
They are laughing at you.
No woman ever denied a man in combat boots and camo. Especially when I'm sportin' my MP5.

Ranman
19-05-2006, 12:28 PM
Listen we have a member here that can help you. His name is
Deviljet88, He's the KKW sex therapist. He will help you sort
out your anger. And I recommend Dr. Shoal's foot spray for that
foot odor problem you must have

hasselbrad
19-05-2006, 12:54 PM
i have some blue ones from jcrew and i like 'em.
http://www.forumspile.com/Gay-Dont_Tell_Anyone.jpg

Only one man in the history of mankind could wear flip flops, without looking gay. His name is/was Don Miller. He was my baseball coach and, a biiiiiiit of a drinker.
Okay...so he bought half of a liquor store as a "business venture".
And, yes, he used to cover himself in seaweed and go "trick-or-beering" on Halloween...and if you didn't give him a beer, he stuffed your mailbox with seaweed.
Anyway, he used to wear those el-cheapo rubber flip flops from Walgreens that cost $1.99 for three pairs in assorted colors. He bumped around in mismatched pairs of those all the time, but only because they required no effort, whatsoever.

fandekeira
19-05-2006, 04:55 PM
i love when a guy wears flip flops.

barrington
19-05-2006, 05:14 PM
Everyone on my course is gay anyway. I've lost all points of reference.

hasselbrad
19-05-2006, 05:43 PM
i love when a guy wears flip flops.
'cause it means he won't hit on you. :p

ryan
19-05-2006, 09:49 PM
Been a Brit i assume flip flops to be those flat plastic sandal things with a plastic loop that goes over and between you big toe. If so this is vvvvv gay for a man to wear.

On the other hand if you mean sports sandals by nike/reebok etc. these are fine, you see men all over wearing them when its warm. It saves your feet sweating in trainers because as we all know wearing shorts means you most certainly can't wear socks with trainers (again gay).

I agree though socks with either is a definite no no.

if you ask me, someone wearing sandals with straps that velco/lock and go around the ankle and all that other shit look a lot more gay than a good pair of flip flops.

ryan
19-05-2006, 09:52 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/Gay-Dont_Tell_Anyone.jpg

Only one man in the history of mankind could wear flip flops, without looking gay. His name is/was Don Miller. He was my baseball coach and, a biiiiiiit of a drinker.
Okay...so he bought half of a liquor store as a "business venture".
And, yes, he used to cover himself in seaweed and go "trick-or-beering" on Halloween...and if you didn't give him a beer, he stuffed your mailbox with seaweed.
Anyway, he used to wear those el-cheapo rubber flip flops from Walgreens that cost $1.99 for three pairs in assorted colors. He bumped around in mismatched pairs of those all the time, but only because they required no effort, whatsoever.

ah yes, the fact that i know what color they are and where they're from means i'm gay
i see =]

Swordsman
19-05-2006, 10:29 PM
I just coat my feet in cheetah blood before i go oustide.

Hazzle
20-05-2006, 12:35 AM

Agreed. Anyone who disagrees is a gay sympathiser. And should be shot. In the face. By Monica Lewinsky. That'll beat the gay out of you. Or into you. Who knows?

If you live in a country too hot to wear boots in...move.

ryan
20-05-2006, 12:38 AM
yeah, because boots are so versatile, haha.

Hazzle
20-05-2006, 12:41 AM
yeah, because boots are so versatile, haha.

Versatility is gay. As are you.

iximisspiggyixi
20-05-2006, 02:10 PM
I think guys wearing flip flops is hot. Not gay, by any means.

once_dreaded
21-05-2006, 08:54 PM
I can't stand wearing flip-flops (the strap that comes up in between the big toe & second toe hurts like hell...how do you people deal???). I agree with Mandy on the Hobbit feet thing, shave the hair boys...or nair. Pretty boys and Gay boys wear flip-flops. I like the river sandals with the velcro, they're comfy and my feet must be comfy!!!! Birks were cool when they were in fashion and those were the only sandals that COULD be worn with socks. Major fashion no-no socks with sandals...even the athletic fat-strap sandals.

Ranman
21-05-2006, 08:57 PM
were proud of our body hair
especially our mane of pubic hair

once_dreaded
21-05-2006, 09:03 PM
^but if you shave your mane you look like you gain at least an inch!

Ranman
21-05-2006, 09:22 PM
Really? *Ranman Thinks* :icon_idea

Kriv
21-05-2006, 10:31 PM
As a straight dude in California I don't mind wearing flip-flops. I find them quite comfortable in the summer time. The only thing I don't like about them is the make that floppy sound everyime you take a step which kinda gets a lil bit annoying, but other than that they're splendered, yes I know splendered, it a word, ok it isn't but now it is.

Richard
21-05-2006, 11:35 PM
I think it's about time I say that I do wear flip flops, but the thick/heavy ones. For Kriv's reasons; it is comfortable, but I also wear them year-round on occasions. Fact is, they don't bother me and I don't think they bother anyone else. I don't have hobbit feet, so that isn't an issue. Plus, it's quicker to put on.

As a straight guy, also, from California, I'd rather be labeled as lame rather than gay.

ryan
22-05-2006, 12:07 AM
I think it's about time I say that I do wear flip flops, but the thick/heavy ones. For Kriv's reasons; it is comfortable, but I also wear them year-round on occasions. Fact is, they don't bother me and I don't think they bother anyone else. I don't have hobbit feet, so that isn't an issue. Plus, it's quicker to put on.

As a straight guy, also, from California, I'd rather be labeled as lame rather than gay.

finally...a guy who shares my point of view, haha.

Hazzle
22-05-2006, 08:09 AM

You're lame then. Don't say I don't ever do anything nice for you.

Swordsman
23-05-2006, 12:51 AM
Feet aren't even cool anymore. Cut that shit.

Kelsey
23-05-2006, 04:11 AM
He should come to California! Khakis ending below the knee, leather flip-flops, and a Hollister tee are, like, the state-wide uniform. Seriously, flip-flops on guys are not gay. Pink sparkly ones maybe, but quality leather or black ones = cool.

Hazzle
23-05-2006, 06:54 AM
Gaah. Shorts are worse than flip-flops!

This could be because I never EVER wear shorts and so flip-flops have never really been a necessity. I live in London after all considering how much it pissed down with rain yesterday (in May no less!) I doubt I'll be needing flip flops, shorts or sunblock anytime soon.

I also never go on holiday to a beach. I hate beaches. Loathsome places full of vain freaks wearing flip flops and shorts. Plus what the hell do you DO on a beach? If I want to sit and laze around in the sun I can do that in my garden! In the one week of sunshine we get, I mean.

acliff
23-05-2006, 08:42 AM
Loathsome places full of vain freaks wearing flip flops and shorts.

Add the scantily clad women to it. Although in England thats more of a negative than a plus, 40something pikey grandmothers hanging out all over the place in children size bikinis... ach.

I may well have to start wearing flip flops. I've decided I'm not one for following any particular style trends, standing out in a crowd is always fun. Besides, due to my feet becoming more and more bruised and swollen as the months go by, I doubt I'll be able to fit into any shoes designed for normal people within a year.
Flipflops may be the only way for me to go.

Ashley
23-05-2006, 11:05 PM
I can't stand wearing flip-flops (the strap that comes up in between the big toe & second toe hurts like hell...how do you people deal???). I agree with Mandy on the Hobbit feet thing, shave the hair boys...or nair. Pretty boys and Gay boys wear flip-flops. I like the river sandals with the velcro, they're comfy and my feet must be comfy!!!! Birks were cool when they were in fashion and those were the only sandals that COULD be worn with socks. Major fashion no-no socks with sandals...even the athletic fat-strap sandals.

If you get some good ones that don't have the plastic strap it doesn't hurt your feet and are way more comfy than anything. Flip-flops just kick ass, so easy, and comfy. Your feet don't sweat, they're cheap... Birks still kick ass. Although I'm from one of the most hippie-tasic towns in the midwest, so maybe that's just the hippie in me coming out.
A word to all those who think flip-flops are gay: don't go to college in the States.

Hazzle
23-05-2006, 11:07 PM
A word to all those who think flip-flops are gay: don't go to college in the States.

Thanks for the warning. I'm an old fogey, been to college and in fact it was so long ago I've forgotten most of it. Bloody Alzheimers...

ryan
24-05-2006, 01:33 AM
if i didn't have to look nice for work, i'd almost always wear shorts in spring, summer, and fall.
high temperatures and high humidity makes wearing long pants a pain in the ass.

Jacoby
24-05-2006, 04:14 AM
I go to college in the colonies!

I think my opinion is very bias because of my location. Rochester = cold. So when a guy where's flip flops it's not because he's going to just hang out down by the beach, it's because he watched MTV and thinks he's cool. It's like if all the sudden a show called 'The Arctic Sluts' took over youth-television and people in Cali were wearing long winter coats all year round. It's so obviously a fad. So I guess if the location's right, it's fine. But I'll stick to my sneakers. (NIKE FC's, man, 50 bucks at footaction....bargain!)

Hazzle
24-05-2006, 07:25 AM
What Jake said. It's cold here.

And Reebok Classics all the way man. Got these cool Yankees ones when I was there in April...fucking awesome.

I'll probably be back in New York this Autumn. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Bait
29-05-2006, 02:02 AM
I wear flip flops and pretty much all my friends do.

I don't see what is so wrong with them?

Hazzle
29-05-2006, 03:27 AM
I wear flip flops and pretty much all my friends do.

I don't see what is so wrong with them?

You wouldn't.

Bait
29-05-2006, 05:01 AM
You wouldn't.

And I prefer it that way. I don't know one person, guy or girl, that thinks a guy should not wear flip flops. Maybe it is because of the areas I live in (both north and southern california)...

Guess I'm going to find out at the end of summer when I go off to New York.

Mandy
29-05-2006, 05:36 AM
This thread should be called "Gays and Flip-Flops."

Scott
29-05-2006, 08:08 AM
They're called thongs.

Pygmalion
29-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Thats right.
I think its fine guys wear thongs, I don't know what the fuss is about. This thread is pointless.

iximisspiggyixi
29-05-2006, 01:31 PM
And I prefer it that way. I don't know one person, guy or girl, that thinks a guy should not wear flip flops. Maybe it is because of the areas I live in (both north and southern california)...

Depends what part of NY you're in. Down here in Westchester and in the city, everyone wears them.

Ranman
29-05-2006, 01:34 PM

Flip Flops are gay as you are

And New York is closed, Make other plans

Hazzle
29-05-2006, 11:17 PM
This thread should be called "Gays and Flip-Flops."

What she said.

I think its fine guys wear thongs, I don't know what the fuss is about.

You're a lesbian, what do you know?! No self-respecting straight man should wear flip flops.

My point of view is pointless.

Fixed.

Mandy
29-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Haz we really didn't want to see the pics from your "fat" days.

Ranman
29-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Lolol

Hazzle
29-05-2006, 11:34 PM
Haz we really didn't want to see the pics from your "fat" days.

Liar. You think I look sexy there, don't deny it. Man that thong looked good on me...

once_dreaded
30-05-2006, 06:33 AM
Flip-flops need to NOT be called thongs. When I hear thongs I think stringy underwear which isn't really all that attractive on anyone.

Pygmalion
30-05-2006, 07:06 AM
Except that here the underwear's called a "G string" for a girl or a "G banger" for a guy, so I maintain they're thongs.
Men wear THONGS all the time in Australia, if you people think letting air circulate your feet is gay, thats your problem.

Hazzle
30-05-2006, 08:36 AM
Men wear THONGS all the time in Australia, if you people think letting air circulate your feet is gay, thats your problem.

Why not be a man and walk around barefoot if you need the air circulating around your feet. Surely that's more air?

The very fact you're too pussy to do that renders you gay.

Oh and err...link (http://www.kkwavefront.org/forums/showpost.php?p=55799&postcount=25).

Ranman
30-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Why not be a man and walk around barefoot if you need the air circulating around your feet. Surely that's more air?

The very fact you're too pussy to do that renders you gay.

Oh and err...link (http://www.kkwavefront.org/forums/showpost.php?p=55799&postcount=25).

I don't think thats an insult to her, I think she is gay

Maybe you should call her straight, That might work better

Hazzle
30-05-2006, 10:53 AM
I don't think thats an insult to her, I think she is gay

Maybe you should call her straight, That might work better

I was using "you" in the general sense you tit. Just like she did in her comment.

I don't think girls, straight or gay, wearing flip flops is wrong. Unless they have hairy feet.

Which actually may mean lesbian women shouldn't...

(Once_Dreaded is going to kill me for that one)

once_dreaded
31-05-2006, 09:34 AM
Ohhh Haz...that was a good burn (I don't kill you for burns...I kill you for c*nting), I applaud you *golf clap*. *ahem* I shaved my hairy feet this AM, I admit that I'm a hobbit...but woman enough to shave LMFAO.

Hazzle
31-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Ohhh Haz...that was a good burn (I don't kill you for burns...I kill you for c*nting), I applaud you *golf clap*. *ahem* I shaved my hairy feet this AM, I admit that I'm a hobbit...but woman enough to shave LMFAO.

That's good to hear. I have hobbit feet but then I resemble a hobbit in many ways (I was approached to be the token ethnic hobbit in LOTR). I, however, am too manly to shave anywhere but my head or my face.

*grunts and flexes*