PDA

View Full Version : Wii

calereneau
27-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Ok, this one is for the gamer/nerd population of the wavefront. Nintendo's forthcoming console, codenamed Revolution, has been given a name. Read.

Introducing... Wii.

As in "we."

While the code-name Revolution expressed our direction, Wii represents the answer. Wii will break down that wall that seperates videogame players from everybody else. Wii will put people more in touch with their games... and each other. But you're probably asking: What does the name mean?

Wii sounds like "we," which emphasizes the console is for everyone. Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak. No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii.

Wii has a distinctive "ii" spelling that symbolizes both the unique controllers and the image of people playing it. And Wii, as a name and a console, brings something revolutionary to the world of videogames that sets it apart from the crowd.

So that's Wii. But now Nintendo needs you. Because it's really not about you or me. It's about Wii. And together, Wii will change everything.

Wii. What do you think?

Personally...I'm a little upsetted by this. (http://caleistheballs.blogspot.com) Anyone else think this is the worst name in the history of gaming?

Digital_Ice
27-04-2006, 09:16 PM
yes... its almost as pants as changing "Longhorn" to "Vista"

hasselbrad
27-04-2006, 09:53 PM
I haven't the foggiest idea what you are talking about, so I'll just agree with you. I think it's ridonkulous!

Swordsman
27-04-2006, 10:02 PM
I'm pretty physced for "Wii". But the little excerpt there just made me think that they're trying to make it as well known as "Christ". They should've just kept it "Revolution".

calereneau
28-04-2006, 01:06 AM
I too liked Revolution just fine. I'm still waiting to make a decision on whether or not I'll pay for one, but I probably will. Even though the name is horrid.

Swordsman
28-04-2006, 02:05 AM
Well i'd rather settle for a stupid name than a shitty system.

kingdumbass
28-04-2006, 05:53 AM
I am looking forward to the console, but DAMN are they making some bad marketing decisions with this thing!

deviljet88
28-04-2006, 11:27 AM
A lot of people who haven't been into Nintendo for years would've been excited already by the innovation attempted, but Wii? Like wtf.

Jacoby
28-04-2006, 07:09 PM
WHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE E.

I am excited for the system. I will buy the system. The name is ballsack, I wish the codename was "Wii" and the final title was Revolution.

I even liked the name Nintendo Go, which was rumored as the final title of this upcoming system. That could have worked for me. "Wii" is so stupid that I want to punch the people of Nintendo for giving gaytown Halo fanboys something else to make fun of.