PDA

View Full Version : Healthier McDonalds/KFC

Foeni
24-04-2006, 05:01 PM
Appearently Western European countries don't use as much trans fats as the US :icon_surp
Quite a huge difference at some poinst...

Link (http://cbs5.com/health/health_story_103005200.html).

I read these studies were being discussed all over the US!?!

Richard
24-04-2006, 05:43 PM
I'll stick with the artery-clogging food.

marine
24-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Frankly I don't care, I'm not eating at Mc Donald because it's healthy food, I just do because quarter pounder/royal cheese (depends of the country) are bloody good. If anything I know I shouldn't eat there often ect.
However I do find that the portions being served in the US are quite big, I can barely eat a "Maxi Best Of" (is it the correct name?) in my local Macdo and if I remember correctly it corresponds to a normal size menu in the US.

Foeni
24-04-2006, 07:27 PM
The problem isn't to have a menu once in a while. The problem is when people eat there several times a week/day..

Mandy
24-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Yeah I think we should still be able to have heart attacks in a bun. It's your own fault if you eat that shit three times a day and die at 50 years old.

Leonie
24-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Ahhhh McDonald's. It's so bad, but it's SO good. I always feel tempted to ask for the burger, the chips and my drink for like... 1.45. They have this deal where the Happy Meal is 2.95, and just the toy and the box minus the food is like 1.50. Logically, my food should then be 1.45 and keep the box and the toys. Alas, I have yet to convince anyone at McDonald's of my excellent logic. Rude.

As far as I know, the French use French beef for their burgers; instead of the Corporate McDonalds Beef. As a result, French burgers are shit. Spanish burgers taste just like Dutch, German and British ones. London's Oxford Street (or was it Regent's? I don't remember :() McDonald's has awesome chairs that can spin. Meanwhile you can watch yourself eat disgusting food in front of a mirror, and fuck around with the internet facilities that you're too Dutch to pay for.

Gotta love McDonald's.

marine
24-04-2006, 07:58 PM
The problem isn't to have a menu once in a while. The problem is when people eat there several times a week/day..

yeah true enough, but then one has to take responsibility. A friend of mine told me about this movie "supersize me" or something describing the effects of eating macdo too often. By now most people know the effects of junk food and should know not to eat at MAcdo, KFC or White Castle(probably the most disgusting fast food ever) on a daily basis.

Ahhhh McDonalds. It's so bad, but it's SO good. I always feel tempted to ask for the burger, the chips and my drink for like... 1.45. They have this deal where the Happy Meal is 2.95, and just the toy and the box minus the food is like 1.50. Logically, my food should then be 1.45 and keep the box and the toys. Alas, I have yet to convince anyone at McDonalds of my excellent logic. Rude.

That's cheap, it cost way more here.

Leonie
24-04-2006, 08:02 PM
That's because you get Real Meat in your burgers. Silly Frenchmen.

marine
24-04-2006, 08:04 PM
As far as I know, the French use French beef for their burgers; instead of the Corporate McDonalds Beef. As a result, French burgers are shit. Spanish burgers taste just like Dutch, German and British ones. London's Oxford Street (or was it Regent's? I don't remember ) McDonald's has awesome chairs that can spin. Meanwhile you can watch yourself eat disgusting food in front of a mirror, and fuck around with the internet facilities that you're too Dutch to pay for.

I've eaten Macdo in London, NYC, Paris and I can't tell the difference, you're sure?

Leonie
24-04-2006, 08:53 PM
To my mind, they do taste different. They have more "bottom of my shoe" qualities than other burgers at McDonald's I've come across.

Swordsman
24-04-2006, 10:25 PM
the thing about fast food restaurants is that they sell delicious food for around one dollar. i know people in my neighborhood who are so poor they are living off of one dollar burgers and fries. and then there's the extremely fat people who love heartattacks and keep eating there.

Scott
25-04-2006, 01:18 AM
Fast Food just seems expensive here. Last time I went to KFC for lunch it cost $9.

Mandy
25-04-2006, 01:28 AM
I dont each much McDonald's anymore...I've switched up to BK.

Ashley
25-04-2006, 03:06 AM
I ate at McD's in London, Ireland, and somehwere in France and of course here. I can't really say I tasted a difference, except for the soft drink but that's becaus you guys use vegetable stuff in yours. But as for food, no difference, still just good tasting/bad for you food.

once_dreaded
25-04-2006, 04:15 AM
Burger Sling aka Burger King tastes totally synthetic, the only reason I eat there is because it's the closest place to work that I can get to/back from in less that 1/2 hour. My fave fast food is Del Taco (mainly from SoCali) but I'm lucky enough to have one 45 minutes away so after clubbing Saturday nights I drive me arse to Del Taco for a #4 (2 chicken soft tacos & crinkle cut fries & a drink...but I can only finish 1.5 tacos & .5 of the fries).

KFC is majorly expensive...just getting a "value" meal costs $6. McD's is also harsh on the wallet if you're not buying from the $1 meal. If I'm going to a burger joint then it has to be Jack N The Box...Mmmmmm Sourdough Burger no bacon or tomatoes *drools*

marine
25-04-2006, 09:09 AM
once a year is my average fast food restaurant visit.

Only once a year? You have my admiration :icon_razz

Liam
25-04-2006, 09:25 AM
Fast Food just seems expensive here. Last time I went to KFC for lunch it cost $9.

Fuck, how much did you eat?

I get a meal at KFC for $6. Or I used to, before I gave up eating all that shit. A few moments of enjoyment while you eat it isnt worth the hours of feeling like a turd later on.

EmotionSickness
25-04-2006, 04:45 PM
Trans fat is delicious.

bruman
25-04-2006, 05:25 PM
once a year is my average fast food restaurant visit.

that's even more then me, i've never been into one :P

Leonie
25-04-2006, 07:13 PM

No shit, Sherlock... :icon_razz

Foeni
25-04-2006, 08:01 PM
No shit, Sherlock... :icon_razz

Shh... I'm trying to sound smart :icon_err:

Ashley
25-04-2006, 10:28 PM
I just had Spangles for the first time. It's a 50's themed restaurant that's popular in Wichita Kansas. They just opened one in Lawrence today, and they had a meal giveaway so a bunch of people camped out.. including some friends of mine. I went and filmed a bit which at some point I hope to have online. Anyway, they have burgers and pitas and gyros.... good stuff for the price I was stuffed. I had a pita which was good. Mandy, you should try it... although it was super busy.

hasselbrad
25-04-2006, 10:34 PM
McDonalds is nasty.
I used to tolerate it when Taylor was 3 or 4, but thank God she's outgrown it. I kid her that I'm going to take her to McDonalds just to get a rise out of her.
What other fast food places do y'all have in your parts of the world?
Sonic and Whataburger are so much better than McDonalds.
Oh, and Steak-n-Shake > the moon and stars.

Ashley
25-04-2006, 10:39 PM
I'm not a big Steak & Shake fan. But I wanted to try a What-A-Burger so bad ever since I kept seeing the commercials during the Big 12 basketball tourney, (they have the commercials on every 5 minutes) but I'd have to travel for one I think they have them in Oklahoma, they look amazing....that made me sound like I'm 1000lbs... I'm not. I excersise.... anyway, yes food. We have Backyard Burgers which are the best fast food burgers EVER! Backyard Burger > Steak & Shake, by far.

hasselbrad
25-04-2006, 10:46 PM
I'm not a big Steak & Shake fan. But I wanted to try a What-A-Burger so bad ever since I kept seeing the commercials during the Big 12 basketball tourney, (they have the commercials on every 5 minutes) but I'd have to travel for one I think they have them in Oklahoma, they look amazing....that made me sound like I'm 1000lbs... I'm not. I excersise.... anyway, yes food. We have Backyard Burgers which are the best fast food burgers EVER! Backyard Burger > Steak & Shake, by far.

Yes...Backyard Burgers uber alles!
There's one near my cousin's apartment in Montgomery, AL...there's one near the mall in Albany, GA...and there's one in Anniston, AL.
But, there's not one here. :(

Swordsman
25-04-2006, 10:53 PM
i like burgers but...not with shakes. NYC burgers are the best burgers i've ever had. the only thing i get from KFC are those $1 snackers.

Ranman
26-04-2006, 12:26 AM
There is a resturant in New York upper east side called Jacksonhole Wyoming
The best burgers you've ever tasted.
My mouth is watering now just thinking about them

Mandy
26-04-2006, 12:42 AM
Just think of your big hairy german nurse and you'll get rid of your appetite.

Ranman
26-04-2006, 01:00 AM
Thanks for reminding me.

Swordsman
26-04-2006, 02:31 AM
There is a resturant in New York upper east side called Jacksonhole Wyoming
The best burgers you've ever tasted.
My mouth is watering now just thinking about them

I usually get my burger from Pete's on 129 E. 18st. You probably know it since you're from New York, it's known because O. Henry wrote that story there. I just love those one pound burgers.

Mandy
26-04-2006, 02:51 AM
I just had Spangles for the first time. It's a 50's themed restaurant that's popular in Wichita Kansas. They just opened one in Lawrence today, and they had a meal giveaway so a bunch of people camped out.. including some friends of mine. I went and filmed a bit which at some point I hope to have online. Anyway, they have burgers and pitas and gyros.... good stuff for the price I was stuffed. I had a pita which was good. Mandy, you should try it... although it was super busy.

They've already whored it in Topeka which is where I used to live. I've had it a bajillioin times, it IS really good.

Ranman
26-04-2006, 04:00 AM
I usually get my burger from Pete's on 129 E. 18st. You probably know it since you're from New York, it's known because O. Henry wrote that story there. I just love those one pound burgers.

I never heard of Pete's, but I never hung out much
in the village. Jackson hole, the chef take a handfull
of chopmeat, rolls in into a ball and throws it on the grill
and covers it with a metal cover. The best burgers anywhere.

marine
26-04-2006, 04:45 AM
McDonalds is nasty.
I used to tolerate it when Taylor was 3 or 4, but thank God she's outgrown it. I kid her that I'm going to take her to McDonalds just to get a rise out of her.
What other fast food places do y'all have in your parts of the world?
Sonic and Whataburger are so much better than McDonalds.
Oh, and Steak-n-Shake > the moon and stars.

In France we don't have as much fast food as in the US, but we'll get there. My favorite Fast Food is subway, but then one of my friend argues it's not a fast food.

hasselbrad
26-04-2006, 12:23 PM
In France we don't have as much fast food as in the US, but we'll get there. My favorite Fast Food is subway, but then one of my friend argues it's not a fast food.
Subway's kind of the anti-fast food...fast food. ;)

Digital_Ice
26-04-2006, 05:11 PM
on the complete flip side...

Maccie D's are making a "Bigger Mac" especially for the world cup... its just a normal big mac... except, well, erm... bigger!

(40% bigger to be exact)

Mandy
26-04-2006, 05:14 PM
Hurray, too bad I HATE them.

hasselbrad
26-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Hurray, too bad I HATE them.
Yeah...I've never understood the appeal of a Big Mac. The Quarter Pounder is the only burger I'll eat there. :barf:

Rob The BLack Douglas
26-04-2006, 06:15 PM

I can give them a run for their money, I'm known for my hamburgers(and food in general).

Rob

Ashley
26-04-2006, 06:50 PM
After a night of drinking or whatever, sometimes... rarely, I'll stop at McD's and grab 2 $1 chicken sandwiches.It's odd that the chicken tastes NOTHING like chicken, yet I'll still eat it. Although, when you're drunk you'll eat about anything. If I'm home or at someone's house though, I'll probably order Gumby's pizza or a sub Jimmy John's.. oh Jimmy John's how I love you.

hasselbrad
26-04-2006, 09:06 PM
After a night of drinking or whatever, sometimes... rarely, I'll stop at McD's and grab 2 $1 chicken sandwiches.It's odd that the chicken tastes NOTHING like chicken, yet I'll still eat it. Although, when you're drunk you'll eat about anything. If I'm home or at someone's house though, I'll probably order Gumby's pizza or a sub Jimmy John's.. oh Jimmy John's how I love you.
Oh...and for chicken sandwiches...Chick-fil-A owns all. Period. /thread.

Digital_Ice
26-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Yeah...I've never understood the appeal of a Big Mac. The Quarter Pounder is the only burger I'll eat there. :barf:

yeah, i agree... and i always get it without the crap... just the burger and cheese

Swordsman
26-04-2006, 10:23 PM

i'll make sure to check out Jackson Hole next time i'm up there. my brother's moving there so i'll eventually check it out.

Ashley
27-04-2006, 01:13 AM
Oh...and for chicken sandwiches...Chick-fil-A owns all. Period. /thread.

Agreed. Oddly the only Chick-fil-A anywhere near here in on my university campus... how extrordinary! It really is like they invented the chicken sandwich.

KaBeth
28-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Ah I can't even walk into a MickeyD's there just gross to me, if I do want to get fast food Whataburger rules all, great place to go at like 2:30am. Only place I've been to that rivaled it was Backyard Burger which they don't have down here so can't really get them.

1. Whataburger
2. Sonic

Yea the trans fat (it's in some of the most random food products ex. pudding snack packs) will get you along with the high fructose corn syrup, the ones with the real sugar are so much better tasting but more then likely just as bad... I'm just glad they are having to label on the front of the bag/box the amount of trans fat a food product has now.

They seem to usually be in malls or at Universities at least to me you don't see to many free standing Chick-fil-a's, they have a good breakfast though.

hasselbrad
28-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Agreed. Oddly the only Chick-fil-A anywhere near here in on my university campus... how extrordinary! It really is like they invented the chicken sandwich.
Chick-Fil-A's are all over the Southeast, but then, the chain started in Hapeville, GA (just south of ATL). Not only is the food the best, but the service is better than any other fast food franchise I've ever been in. They are very much about "careers", so the kid mopping and picking up trays at 16 may very well be a manager when he/she is in college and then move into their corporate ranks. I've known a bunch of people who have done just that.
Always friendly and helpful.
Always clean.
And always two pickles. ;)

once_dreaded
28-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Carls Jr $6 burger w/out the veggies *drools*. We have a Mike's burger here (he owns two other places in other Oregon towns) & it's a good burger for Oregon BUT I grew up on Angelo's and Farmer Boys burgers from SoCali...now those are KILLER burgers w/big steak fries and thick shakes.....no...wait...In N Out kill all other burgers ever, the closest one is in Reno, Nevada *cries*. Woohoo I'm going to SoCali in 2wks *note to self - must have In N Out & Farmer Boys*

acliff
30-04-2006, 12:04 PM
Last time I had a fast food burger, I went to the most famous Burger King in the world, the one on Trafalgar Square, with the big shiny neon adverts.
I had a supersize double whopper, fries and diet coke, with an ice cream to finish off.

About 2 hours later I was ill to the point where I thought my stomach had ruptured. I think after a number of years of healthy eating, burger king/macdonalds feels like a shock to the system.

hasselbrad
30-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Last time I had a fast food burger, I went to the most famous Burger King in the world, the one on Trafalgar Square, with the big shiny neon adverts.
I had a supersize double whopper, fries and diet coke, with an ice cream to finish off.

About 2 hours later I was ill to the point where I thought my stomach had ruptured. I think after a number of years of healthy eating, burger king/macdonalds feels like a shock to the system.

Pussy. ;)