PDA

View Full Version : Keira in My Fair Lady

Digital_Ice
09-04-2006, 03:08 PM
KEIRA GOES COCKNEY

British actress KEIRA KNIGHTLEY is expected to hit London's West End in the challenging role of ELIZA DOOLITTLE in a stage production of MY FAIR LADY. Knightley is reportedly "desperate" to play the cockney flower girl who is transformed into a well-spoken socialite, a part made famous by AUDREY HEPBURN in the 1964 screen adaptation. And theatre mogul SIR CAMERON MACKINTOSH, who produced the 2001 production starring UK soap star MARTINE MCCUTCHEON, is keen to consider the PRIDE AND PREJUDICE beauty for his new version, despite her lack of theatre experience. A pal says, "Keira was studying the script madly while filming the sequels to PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN in the Bahamas. "She is due to have a session with Sir Cameron's musical director in London. Keira is a huge fan of musicals and is desperate to do it."

http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/keira%20goes%20cockney_09_04_2006

Yes, i know this is an article, but its also a project, so i put it here!

Richard
09-04-2006, 04:59 PM
For those who have seen the 1964 screen version you will think Keira is perfect for the role. Julie Andrews > Audrey Hepburn > Keira Knightley.

I need more information. The whole thing could just as well be a rumor.

EDIT: Paul, I read your blog-entry about the whole Audrey-Keira comparison and I must say I do agree. She will be perfect as Eliza, but it's a tough role to take on. So yeah...I guess we'll see.

KnightleyNews
09-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Richard, I know you're a fellow Audrey fan, so this could be good stuff if it's true, but as I say on my blog I'd love to her in a remake of Sabrina or Roman Holiday.

Paul

filiz
13-05-2006, 02:31 PM
i know that Keira will do great.another acadamy nomination!!!!!!!!!

once_dreaded
26-05-2006, 09:26 AM
OMG, I LOVE THIS MOVIE...*swoons*

So who is going to be doing the voice-over for the singing? I haven't heard Keira sing and we all know that Audrey didn't sing in the movie version.

kingdumbass
26-05-2006, 09:33 AM
The "My Fair Lady" story has turned out to be false....
The director of the stage production currently going on has denied it in an interview. He said he'd love to work with Keira on something else, but has no plans to cast her in My Fair Lady. I'm actually surprised I didn't see it in more places.
Of course, it's still possible that they're planning a FILM remake.

stuie
26-05-2006, 12:17 PM
I saw this:

http://www.celebrityspotlight.co.uk/CelebNews.asp?ShowCelebrityStory=HG242551D&CelebArticle=Keira_Knightley's_stage_wish

Had a bit about Keira doing Stage shows

baldinio13
26-05-2006, 11:36 PM
i would go see that play!!

Leonie
27-05-2006, 05:44 AM
I saw this:

http://www.celebrityspotlight.co.uk/CelebNews.asp?ShowCelebrityStory=HG242551D&CelebArticle=Keira_Knightley's_stage_wish

Had a bit about Keira doing Stage shows

They're paying you, yeah?

You may want to work on the subtlety of your advertising scheme :icon_razz

Hazzle
28-05-2006, 02:24 AM
They're paying you, yeah?

You may want to work on the subtlety of your advertising scheme :icon_razz

Aye. And on not stretching the forums. Christ on a bike what is it with people doing that? Apart from Leonie as she was just quoting. But the rest of you, people...look at the width of the forums, try and work out how NOT to stretch them. It just makes it uglier to look at, for everyone concerned.

Edward
31-05-2006, 09:45 AM
apparently she's not going to be doing it