PDA

View Full Version : Keira's Oscar dress up for grabs

KnightleyNews
06-04-2006, 02:06 PM
Vera Wang has donated Keira's Academy Awards taffeta silk dress to Oxfam, to be auctioned to raise money for famine relief in the drought-stricken countries of East Africa. It will be sold on eBay from April 21st with 100% of the proceeds going to the charity. There's more at the link below, including a button for your site/forum. Official announcement next week.

Paul

vazel
06-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Hehe, don't suppose i could snag the dress with about $400 which is about the most i could spend.

once_dreaded
07-04-2006, 06:59 AM
*laughing* I could SO see some obsessed fan nabbing the dress and licking the inside "Mmmm Keira sweat." ROTFLMFAO

BrunoJA
07-04-2006, 07:31 AM
What an unpleasant thought...please stop lol

kingdumbass
07-04-2006, 07:45 AM
If everyone on this message board contributes 20 dollars, we could probably get the dress....
So here's the plan: everyone send me 20 bucks. I'll pool the money together, and then use it to bid on that dress. Seriously, you can trust me. I promise not to rip you all off.

gotasmoke
07-04-2006, 09:20 AM
If everyone on this message board contributes 20 dollars, we could probably get the dress....
So here's the plan: everyone send me 20 bucks. I'll pool the money together, and then use it to bid on that dress. Seriously, you can trust me. I promise not to rip you all off.

Good idea! I like your hussle!

once_dreaded
07-04-2006, 10:13 AM

^This is coming from the dude that posted the accomplishments of FDR as his own. I'ma trust you if you sign this contract to purchase ocean-front property in Montana. *wink*

Ranman
07-04-2006, 10:18 AM

Why should we trust you?

At your age you would probably spend the money
on hookers and booze

kingdumbass
07-04-2006, 12:14 PM
You say that as though it's a BAD thing....

Digital_Ice
07-04-2006, 04:07 PM
I say ranman should hold the pot...

(sorry, bad joke)

once_dreaded
07-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Okay...Ranman's in charge of the pot...who's bringing the hooka :kidding:

I'm sure some stuffy old fogie with lots of $$$ will buy the dress and pack it away never to be seen again...well...until they croak...then all the lovely Keira-ness of it will be gone *le sigh* :icon_rofl

KnightleyNews
20-04-2006, 11:06 PM
The auction starts Friday 21st at noon EDT, 5pm BST, and will end on the 30th.
http://www.keiraweb.com/oscardress.html
Paul

kingdumbass
21-04-2006, 10:19 AM
My only hope is that SOMEONE bids a good amount of money on it....
Imagine if it only sells for a couple hundred dollars. What a fucking embarassment THAT would be. I hope Keira's publicity guy will be watching the auction, ready to bid ten grand if necessary.

In this business, you gotta be ready.

KnightleyNews
21-04-2006, 05:37 PM
They reckon it'll fetch $5000. It's online now:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9312568909

Paul

Pearl
27-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Now to only loose fifty pounds to fit into it.

Leonie
27-04-2006, 09:42 PM
...and possibly a few ribs.

kingdumbass
30-04-2006, 11:46 PM
I see the bidding is only at 38 hundred dollars, with just 16 hours to go....
I TOLD you her publicity people aren't doing their jobs properly. They ought to be placing inflated, anonymous bids to get the price up to 5,000. You know, just so there aren't reports tomorrow that the dress failed to fetch the price they were hoping for.

Damn, I would make a clever PR agent.

Idle
01-05-2006, 12:05 AM
I see the bidding is only at 38 hundred dollars, with just 16 hours to go....
I TOLD you her publicity people aren't doing their jobs properly. They ought to be placing inflated, anonymous bids to get the price up to 5,000. You know, just so there aren't reports tomorrow that the dress failed to fetch the price they were hoping for.

It's 3800 pounds which is easily more than 5000 dollars.
And the price usually goes up quite a bit at the end of an aution like this. If you're a serious bidder with a serious amount of money, there's no point in driving the price up early. Wait until the last hour so you can catch the opposition off guard.

Pearl
01-05-2006, 12:26 AM
Well also, keep in mind Keira is a rare size. Not a lot of women could fit into it. And I'm sure men don't want to admit to buying her dress because it seems perverted.

kingdumbass
01-05-2006, 06:35 AM
It's 3800 pounds which is easily more than 5000 dollars.

I stand corrected....

kingdumbass
02-05-2006, 08:02 AM
And the auction is over....
Keira issued a comment:
"It's brilliant that this dress has raised this much. I know it will go a long way to help the people facing this food crisis in East Africa."

You know, if you think about it, giving up that dress WAS kind of a nice gesture. I mean, you'd think that she would want to hang on to it for sentimental reasons. "The dress I wore to the Oscars." I hear that Catherine Zeta Jones keeps all of the dresses that she's worn to things like that in a special room. I'm sure many others do, as well. Kinda like hanging on to a wedding dress. I wonder if Keira will one day wish she could have the dress back.

Ranman
02-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Yeah yeah yeah
Your just pissed we didnt send you our money
now you have to go back to drinking cheap wine
and using 3$ crack whores with no teeth

kingdumbass
02-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Actually, Mandy sent me 200 dollars....
Mu-ha ha ha hah ha!

Ranman
02-05-2006, 06:04 PM
Hey Mandy, How about sending me 200 bucks

Leonie
02-05-2006, 06:15 PM
You know, if you think about it, giving up that dress WAS kind of a nice gesture. I mean, you'd think that she would want to hang on to it for sentimental reasons. "The dress I wore to the Oscars." I hear that Catherine Zeta Jones keeps all of the dresses that she's worn to things like that in a special room. I'm sure many others do, as well. Kinda like hanging on to a wedding dress. I wonder if Keira will one day wish she could have the dress back.

Keira keeping the dress would be a bit like clinging on to the dress you wore when you were left at the altar...