PDA

View Full Version : What do y'all think about...

hasselbrad
06-04-2006, 02:16 AM
...Isaac Hayes (the voice of Chef) getting his briefs in a bunch over South Park lampooning Scientology?
Seems rather hypocritical of him, since he's been involved in said lampooning of every other major (and most minor) religions throughout the show's history.

calereneau
06-04-2006, 02:25 AM
i agree....but i liked the episode where they killed him off and payed tribute to him. Kinda makes matt and trey seem more mature for paying tribute to him, rather than talk down on him. I liked it.

kingdumbass
06-04-2006, 02:30 AM
As a devout Voodoo Snake Handler, I find South Park's treatment of religion to be very offensive....
Anyway, I don't really care what Issac does. I'm more concerned about how the death of Chef will affect the show. Chef was the only really sensible character in South Park. The children often would look to him to help sort out confusing situations. It's important to have someone like that around.

Then again, Chef didn't even make one appearance all throughout the last season, so maybe I'm wrong.

To paraphrase Dickens, I just hope Mr. Hayes is happy in the life he's chosen.

once_dreaded
06-04-2006, 07:27 AM
I agree Hassel, he's been on the show since it began, when HAS there ever been an episode without someone getting pissed on by Matt and Trey. They're political dudes and make their views known in a painfully honest and humorous way. Isaac is a hipocrit with a capital H, dude burned his bridge while he was still on it.
Buh bye Chef, so nice to know ya, see ya in hell with gay-satan and Sadam.