PDA

View Full Version : what do you know about iran & iranians?

mehrdad368
02-04-2006, 06:52 PM
i'm iranian.i want to understand what do you know about my country.

Digital_Ice
02-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Hrm, Iran/Persia
Capital is Tehran
The language is unsuprisingly; Persian
Run by Mohammad Ahamedinjad whatch-a-ma-call-it or something similar
Currency is summin using dinars...
...borders with Iraq, Afganistan, Turkmenistan, Pakistan... and the other ones.
Most people are Muslims, mainly Shi-thingy and then some Sunni's

erm...

keeps getting accused of having WOMD...

...thats about all i can think of

oh yeah, and Omid Dajilili (sp?).

Rob The BLack Douglas
02-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Iranian women are hot!

DragonRat
02-04-2006, 09:54 PM
They speak Farsi over there. I think it's still run by a theocracy, though they've instituted a prime minister recently. Formerly the great empires of Persia, which originally conquered Babylon, and later assimilated into Alexander's Hellenic domain, and later united under the moon and the star of Islam.

U.S. relations with Iran have still been rocky (you know, Iran-Contra and Jimmy C.), but I think they've cooled down in the recent past.

And you guys have a pretty decent football team. At least, by AFC standards :P.

once_dreaded
02-04-2006, 10:28 PM
<~~~ ignorant of all things Iranian other than what Rob said about Iranian women being hot.

Okay...yeah...the nuclear weapons thing...stupid Republican-ran media *slaps Dubya upside the head*

ryan
02-04-2006, 11:07 PM
one of the professors at my college (electrical engineering program) is iranian. smart guy.

professor rabiee!

Rob The BLack Douglas
03-04-2006, 02:26 AM
Also Iranians are not arabs despite being muslim.

deviljet88
03-04-2006, 07:38 AM
Their flag has green :O That and the media culture they churn out.

mehrdad368
03-04-2006, 10:51 AM
In fact you know about my country very little.only something sbout geographic position
& location.but thank you to share your idea.now I'll tell you more about my country.

deviljet88
03-04-2006, 11:10 AM
You made criticism about them on the internet :O Are you not afraid of the prying eyes that your government has?

mehrdad368
03-04-2006, 11:12 AM
iranian's are very intelligence person's.about 80 percent of prep.university enter university and most of them become engineer or doctor.
but ayatollah's make our country very close to hell.they get our freedom.
we really have wonderful culture's & traditional's.we have very beautiful country with fantastic history.you must visit our country.iranian's are really friendly.I live in mashhad.If you want to visit iran tell it to me and don't worried about some where to stay.you can stay in my house while you want.I'll show you best place of iran because you are my friend.thank's again because share your idea.

Foeni
03-04-2006, 02:13 PM
All the smartest people from Iran has left the country.

AureaMediocritas
03-04-2006, 04:25 PM
oh really, and who told you that? :p

Propaganda :p .

mehrdad368
03-04-2006, 04:36 PM
All the smartest people from Iran has left the country.
yes you right.most of them left it because they can find better job with better salery's there.

Foeni
03-04-2006, 05:26 PM
oh really, and who told you that? :p

I'm very sorry, but I can't reveal my sources ;)

PhoeniX
03-04-2006, 05:45 PM
You get a lot of earthquakes

dave
04-04-2006, 10:16 AM
That's not why they left. Be honest. They left because they would have been executed (http://hrw.org/doc?t=mideast&c=iran) had they stayed. The Iranians still "Torture & Hang" 16 year old girls who are not "chaste" enough. (http://www.amnesty.org.uk/deliver/document/15557.html) Iranian men also "burn" (killing them in the process) women who displease them. (http://www.harpers.org/IAmGoingToBurn.html) The man "owns" the children. If an Iranian man marrys an American woman, and they have children, upon divorce, ("I divorce thee, I divorce thee, I divorce thee...") if the man gets his children over there, the ex-wife will never see her children again. Many times the American woman doesn't even know that she has been divorced. Hundreds of Blogs written by Iranians (Inside and Outside) of Iran. (http://blogsbyiranians.com/)

The US Congress has passed a resolution condemning Iran for "Human Rights Violations" every year since Jimmy Carter, and for some reason you still execute Bahai's in ever increasing numbers, every year. Our US Congress, those same fools who can't see Africa and the internecine war between the Tutsis and the Hutus which has killed more people than even you guys, our US Congress Condemns you every year for the past twenty years, and you do not change. (e.g. #1 response from Google when I searched for "Amnesty International Iran" (http://web.amnesty.org/report2003/irn-summary-eng)

I can't come visit you because I would be killed for being a Baha'i'. Even though I haven't been to a Baha'i' meeting since about 1984,

And the reason earthquakes cause all that damage is because Iranians don't use enough rebar in their buildings. All those Engineers, and they are not allowed to tell people how to build safe buildings.

Shall I continue?

Iran and Iraq were, in fact, the same country until they were separated along political boundaries at the end of WWII.

Iran has gone back to a strict set of laws which are enforced by fanatics who take their "marching orders" from Priests. (You call them Mullahs). Baha'i' Students told to "recant their faith." before they will be allowed back into University. (http://www.wfn.org/2004/08/msg00057.html) I suspect this is "The Big Picture," or, "If you can't beat 'em, make sure their children can't eat and will die stupid and miserable."

Iran's Religion is going to cause Iran's downfall... Iranians cannot criticize their Religion, and if you actually type a response to this note and someone in the Religious Hierarchy sees it You could be declared "not a brother" and possibly killed. I wait with bated breath the time when all the "Black Muslims" here and around the world find out that in The "Official" Iranian religion, they are not Muslims... And here's something that I know about Iran that even you don't. The Reverend Sun Myung Moon's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Myung_Moon) followers used to pass around zeroxed copies of a book that was written by a world famous Iranian prince and claim that book was the World Saving writings of Reverend Moon. That book was "Gleanings from the writings of Baha'u'llah."

But, I really like "goat's head soup", with a little green chili added, and you can eat all the eyeballs, because I haven't been able to "get my head around that concept" yet. And seeing that skull floating around in the soup pot kind of turns me off. However, I really like "stuffed grape leaves."

hasselbrad
04-04-2006, 12:34 PM
I don't know it for a fact, but I read that young Iranians were flashing "V" signs when George W. Bush was re-elected. It's also my understanding that young Iranians are very unhappy with Iran's current leadership.

Sandra
04-04-2006, 05:02 PM
I had two best friends from Iran (we've lost contact over the years) and they were great. Both had parents that had to leave the country due to the political sitch at the time.
I also grew up with a few kurdish friends from the Iranian part of Kurdistan.

I also know that Iran is rich on beautiful architecture and I'd like to get to know some of the traditional music aswell. Other than that I don't know much more.

Ranman
05-04-2006, 01:17 AM
What do I know about Iran?

I know I'd like to be the American to drop the bombs on your president's head
and send him back to the stoneage where he belongs

Digital_Ice
05-04-2006, 01:26 AM
that's funny, because i'd like to do the same to yours....

:p

mehrdad368
05-04-2006, 03:02 AM
yes it's right.we don't agree with our leaders.but in fact we must stand for it.iran is near another revelotion.it's all because of u.k.

dave
06-04-2006, 10:35 PM
yes it's right.we don't agree with our leaders.but in fact we must stand for it.iran is near another revelotion.it's all because of u.k.

At last! Something else to blame on the British! (Besides July 4th! ) and that tricky Brit Sailor who wiped out "The Spanish Armada" and thus saved Mexico to become the 58th thru 74th States of the USA, just after all those Canadian states except that one that still speaks French?... :fencing:

What do you mean I can't talk about the future? He was just talking about some Mythical revolution against his church... If you could revolt against the church then "The Troubles" in the Irish part of England would have been over as fast as, well... Just like that! :snaps fingers: But, of course there never would have been any troubles if the church would have permitted the King of England to divorce his old lovers instead of forcing him to cut off their heads all the time...
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
I have too many smilies so it won't let me post this. How can you have too many smilies? Who ever heard of having too many smilies? What is this world coming to when you arbitrarily limit the number of smilies a person can have!