PDA

View Full Version : Academy Awards

Kelsey
05-03-2006, 09:16 PM
Ryan Seacrest has arrived, and the first of the limos (and hybrids) are passing through security. Any predictions? Any comments about the horrible fake tan on that Kennedy guy??

Talking online with Cliff and Ducky during the Oscars a couple years ago was one of my favorite Oscar viewings ever, and since we can't do that this year, here's a thread to post your thoughts and reactions as Hollywood's big night unfolds.

Mandy
05-03-2006, 09:17 PM
I love how E! has video footage like an entire day before the actual Awards start.

Jason Kennedy is wearing a shitload of bronzer.

Kelsey
05-03-2006, 09:18 PM
Gah!! That tan!! He looks orange!!!

Mandy
05-03-2006, 09:20 PM
And Rofl at the makeup on his cheeks. He's got blush on and he looks like a woman.

Kelsey
05-03-2006, 09:23 PM
I guess he is this year's Billy Bush. This Lana Marks lady is awesome....let's just go overnight to Milan to pick up a handbag. Ookay!

Leonie
05-03-2006, 09:24 PM
There isn't a single Dutch TV station that is airing the Oscars. The only thing I can do is listen to the radio broadcast. I guess they missed the point of being moving pictures awards...

Mandy
05-03-2006, 09:25 PM
That sucks, I love watching awards like this.

Nice avatar by the way!

Kelsey
05-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Leonie, will they show the actual ceremony at all? Right now it's just red carpet arrivals. If not, thats too bad. We'll keep you updated here.

So who are you all rooting for. Here are mine:

Best Picture:
I want "Crash" to win, simply because I didn't love any of the others. I am still holding a grudge that "Walk the Line" wasn't included on the noms list.

Best Actress:
First and foremost, I'm rooting for Reese. I think that that was by far the most demanding role. She became June Carter, learned to sing, and play music. But having said that, I wouldn't be disappointed if Felicity Huffman won (she was great), and Keira Knightley was awesome too, but I don't think I'd be as disappointed if she lost because she's so young and this only proves that she can take on these kinds of roles and do something with them. She'll have other opportunities to win, I'm really hoping.

Best Actor:
I'm rooting for Joaquin, but I'm thinking it's going to be Phillip Seymour Hoffman. I liked "Capote" but thought he was a tad annoying.

Best Supporting:
Rooting for Rachel and George.

Rob The BLack Douglas
05-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Isaac Misrahi is an annoying git.

As for my picks

Crash for best picture
Philip Seymour Hoffman Best Actor
Either Keira or Felicity Huffman for Best Actress Reese's role really was a supporting one

Kelsey
05-03-2006, 09:54 PM
But she was the leading actress.

I forgot about Michelle Williams.. Would love to see her win.

OMG, I want to do Ryan Seacrest. I have never felt that way about him before.

Rob The BLack Douglas
05-03-2006, 09:57 PM
But she was the leading actress.

I forgot about Michelle Williams.. Would love to see her win.

OMG, I want to do Ryan Seacrest. I have never felt that way about him before.

Can you tell I'm not a fan of Reece's? ;)

The race in the supporting actress catagory is too close to call, excellent performances all.

Kelsey
05-03-2006, 09:59 PM
Yeah, supporting is gonna be close. I want Michelle to do well only because both she and Katie Holmes have kind of reappeared in the spotlight, and she was always the underrated one. I'm glad shes getting nominated for Oscars while Katie - I mean, Kate - is carrying a psycho's baby.

Kelsey
05-03-2006, 10:09 PM
Best Oscar Moment so far (not that there is much to choose from):
Guilana gives host Jon Stewert a casette player/microphone to him for his two week old daughter Maggie.
Jon Stewert: You know what we're hoping she gets first? Control of her head.

Haha, good times.

Oooh, Naomi Watts. I wonder if she's seen Heath's baby yet.

Rob The BLack Douglas
05-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Psycho aint the half of it.

Mandy
05-03-2006, 10:28 PM
My favorite part so far IS TYSON STRIPPING!

Mandy
05-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Keira's arrived in a burgundy dress, and she's coloured her hair lighter!

It's more reddish now.

Rob The BLack Douglas
05-03-2006, 10:39 PM
She looks gorgeous!!!!!!!!! "sigh"

Kelsey
05-03-2006, 10:41 PM
Keira does look great. The best of all the actresses who have shown up so far

Kelsey
05-03-2006, 10:42 PM
Michelle Williams wearing baby-shit, yellow....lol. I'm sad that that's what she wore. Not loving it.

Rob The BLack Douglas
05-03-2006, 10:43 PM
When Dolly Parton is dressed better than you are...............

X4LIFE
05-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Yeah Kiera looks great

Kelsey
05-03-2006, 10:46 PM
I haven't liked Keira in a loooong time, the way I am tonight. I really think she showed her star quality in that last interview. And I liked the dirty looks she was giving Isaac at the beginning.

Rob The BLack Douglas
05-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Isaac is such a git, and Keira was sooooo natural with both Isaac and Roger Ebert.

EmotionSickness
05-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Keira looks amazing tonight. Jessica Alba's dress is great, as well.

I'm really rooting for her (Keira).

Mandy
05-03-2006, 11:24 PM
I never in a million years would ever say "Felicity Huffman looks fantastic."

But...

Felicity Huffman looks fantastic.

Mandy
05-03-2006, 11:29 PM
K this is the only thread I'm doing excessive double and triple posting in.

HOLY SHIT look at Reese.

Damn, everyone is like HOT this year. Except Michelle Williams.

Liam
05-03-2006, 11:31 PM
I don't think it would be possible for me to care less.

That is all.

Rob The BLack Douglas
05-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Salma Hayek is WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Mandy
05-03-2006, 11:33 PM
I don't think it would be possible for me to care less.

That is all.

Who took a piss in your cheerios?

EmotionSickness
05-03-2006, 11:54 PM
Haha, no worries, Liam. Most men couldn't care less about a red carpet event.

As women (and movie fans, perhaps), this is our Superbowl!

Mandy
06-03-2006, 12:00 AM
o_O whatever.

I bet Kels is like 5 feet in front of the Television with her pizza and box of tissues right now.

Mandy
06-03-2006, 12:09 AM
lol at Keira being seated next to Jack Nicholson.

duckula
06-03-2006, 12:16 AM
Most men couldn't care less about a red carpet event.

Lies. Hot women wearing hot dresses with their boobs on display. If you don't like the redcarpet you are asexual (I would say you are a fag but apparently the gayers go mental for the clothes).

Kelsey
06-03-2006, 12:44 AM
OMG, OWEN WILSON.

I don't think I need to tell anyone here how I feel about Owen.

ryan
06-03-2006, 01:21 AM
keira looks fucking great.

michael22
06-03-2006, 04:16 AM
Keira looked amazing
she lost big surprize there...
but I don't think reece deserved it either
I would have loved for Keira to win but I was realistic and was rooting for Judi Dench

DragonRat
06-03-2006, 06:38 AM
I was more impressed by Arsenal's thwomping of Fulham 4-0 than the Academy Awards. But, all in all, I think that this year had really worthy nominees - some relatively known, but many unknown to the Oscar scene - and those who won, I suppose, deserved it only so slightly versus their peers. Keira looked good, and I would thwomp Zhang Ziyi in a moment.

fandekeira
06-03-2006, 12:10 PM
keira lost but she realy deserved it!

keira u ar the best

ryan
06-03-2006, 12:39 PM
this is the first year where i've guessed the winners of the 5 major categories correctly.

go me~

hasselbrad
06-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Leonie, will they show the actual ceremony at all? Right now it's just red carpet arrivals. If not, thats too bad. We'll keep you updated here.

So who are you all rooting for. Here are mine:

Best Picture:
I want "Crash" to win, simply because I didn't love any of the others. I am still holding a grudge that "Walk the Line" wasn't included on the noms list.

Best Actress:
First and foremost, I'm rooting for Reese. I think that that was by far the most demanding role. She became June Carter, learned to sing, and play music. But having said that, I wouldn't be disappointed if Felicity Huffman won (she was great), and Keira Knightley was awesome too, but I don't think I'd be as disappointed if she lost because she's so young and this only proves that she can take on these kinds of roles and do something with them. She'll have other opportunities to win, I'm really hoping.

Best Actor:
I'm rooting for Joaquin, but I'm thinking it's going to be Phillip Seymour Hoffman. I liked "Capote" but thought he was a tad annoying.

Best Supporting:
Rooting for Rachel and George.

:icon_surp
Shit Kelsey...you got them all right. You are spooky! ;)