PDA

View Full Version : Articles Archive

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Ranman
21-06-2006, 01:59 AM
http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/knightley%20i%20prefer%20less%20vain%20british%20m en_1000397

heh Ask a Brit, and he'll say, 'Er... Guinness?', that made me chuckle. lol

Cause she hasn't met me yet, When she does its allover for you brits

michael22
21-06-2006, 06:18 AM
the same thing would work for canadians but we would say Molson

Hazzle
21-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Cause she hasn't met me yet, When she does its allover for you brits

You're a metro. She doesn't like metros. She likes ugly cunts who aren't vain about their looks. Which is why she's going to marry me. Noone gets more hideous than I am.

kingdumbass
21-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Bullshit, Hazzle....
I am FAR more ugly and disgusting than you! I will avoid showers for WEEKS, if that's what it takes to woo Miss Knightley.

Hazzle
21-06-2006, 10:40 AM
She's already betrothed to me. See here (http://www.kkwavefront.org/forums/showthread.php?t=132&page=1&highlight=future+wives) .

Digital_Ice
23-06-2006, 11:08 AM
"Orlando wasn't that great. Let's just say, my face needed a tissue afterwards. But Johnny Depp certainly wasn't bad."

KEIRA KNIGHTLEY rates the kissing skills of her PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN co-stars ORLANDO BLOOM and JOHNNY DEPP.

Hazzle
23-06-2006, 12:18 PM
Ouch. She didn't pull any punches, did she? About the rat faced cunt I mean, not Johnny.

Digital_Ice
24-06-2006, 06:43 AM
From the new issue of Elle magazine;

"I'm not one of those people who's going to jog five miles every morning." She said.

"I'm trying to go 'Fuck it' and have bowls of pasta or whatever makes me happy. I haven't been to the gym since January and I'm drinking about half a bottle of wine a night. Fuck it, you've got one life - live it."

good ol' keira, proving she's still as common as the rest of us!

Swordsman
24-06-2006, 06:44 AM
Keira's in Spin's "Hottest Stars Under 25". She's number 4. This is the kind of least that should be in People magazine or something. I looked for a link of the whole list but i can't find one, it's not even very interesting.

Digital_Ice
24-06-2006, 06:46 AM
technically that should be in "Polls, Charts and Award Nominations", but hey...

Digital_Ice
28-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Keira begged to snog Johnny Depp

Keira Knightley has admitted that she begged to snog Johnny Depp in the sequel to The Pirates of the Caribbean.

Keira told a US TV show that she had pleaded with the movie's director: "Come on, just give me one kiss, give me one kiss, please."

And she also got up close and personal with Orlando Bloom, who plays Will Turner in the big-budget movie.

The British actress went on to tell Entertainment Tonight: "It was good. Really good."

It wasn't all puckering up with Johnny and Orly on set though, as Keira also talked about the action scenes she had to get through.

She said she tried to do lots of the stunts herself, with help from her "amazing" stunt team.

Keira added: "I've got this brilliant stunt double - she's just sensational. She talks me through everything step by step so I can do as much as I can, because I love it."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_5120000/newsid_5126100/5126138.stm

Digital_Ice
30-06-2006, 08:42 AM
KNIGHTLEY SCARED OF PLAYING A BITCH

KEIRA KNIGHTLEY was terrified when she was offered the bitchy role of CECILA in the big screen adaptation of IAN MCEWAN's bestseller ATONEMENT - because she thinks the character may turn the public against her. The Oscar-nominated actress, 21, is set to star opposite NARNIA star JAMES MCAVOY in the movie, which is helmed by Knightley's PRIDE AND PREJUDICE director JOE WRIGHT. Knightley says, "She's a bitch. She starts out very catty, acerbic, almost BETTE DAVIS-esque - very sharp. "But she grows into something quite different. It's a nice journey. "We did one scene and Joe and I looked at each other and I said, 'Oh my God, people are going to hate me,' but she won't be like that the whole way through."

http://contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/knightley%20scared%20of%20playing%20a%20bitch_1001 223

Digital_Ice
30-06-2006, 01:04 PM
Keira Knightley gets local radio break on GCap stations

LONDON - 'Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest' star Keira Knightley is to try her hand at radio with an hour-long lunchtime show on more than 40 GCap Media stations on the day of the movie's release next Thursday.

Listeners tuning into GCap's Century FM and The One networks of local and metropolitan stations in England will hear Knightley spinning some of her favourite tunes and answering listeners' questions from 1pm.

The Oscar-nominated star's visit was arranged by Justin Kings, GCap's head of entertainment news, with 'Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest' distributors Buena Vista International.

According to Kings, a number of other A-list stars will be enticed into the studio over the coming months.

Knightley's show comes after GCap recruited 'Withnail and I' star Richard E Grant to present 'Richard E Grant's Great Movie Composers' from July 23 on Classic FM.

Kings said: "Keira is probably Britain's hottest movie star and we're delighted she'll be DJing on our stations. Her fun personality will guarantee it'll be a great listen."
http://www.brandrepublic.com/bulletins/media/article/567228/keira-knightley-gets-local-radio-break-gcap-stations/

runangl
04-07-2006, 05:41 PM
the latest on keira from people:

clicky (http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1210070,00.html)

kingdumbass
04-07-2006, 08:02 PM
I just saw the same story on Yahoo and the AP....
Her career has suffered irrepairable damage, mark my words. No matter what she does now, they're going to call her anorexic.

Good goin', Keira. Way to promote the new Pirates movie.

Digital_Ice
05-07-2006, 01:37 AM
KNIGHTLEY: 'PIRATES' DISNEY INSPIRATION WAS PERFECT'
Hollywood star KEIRA KNIGHTLEY is proud the PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN movies have become so acclaimed - as initially critics doubted whether a film based on a Disney World ride could work. But the British star still can't bring herself to try out the ride itself at the Florida theme park, as the prospect of facing spooky mannequins is just too scary for her. She says, "People questioned whether you could make a film based on a Disney ride, but I think it's worked amazingly well. "I loved filming the movies. But I haven't been on the ride yet. I have a thing about puppets. "I can't stand them, they really scare me."
http://contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/knightley%20pirates%20disney%20inspiration%20was%2 0perfect_1001572

heh, she's scared of puppets.

KEIRA: 'I HAVE FIRST-HAND EXPERIENCE OF ANOREXIA'
KEIRA KNIGHTLEY has hotly denied being anorexic, but she knows the disorder runs in her family. The actress stunned onlookers with her bony frame at the UK premiere of PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN yesterday (04JUL06), but insisted she was healthy. Although she is adamant she has never suffered from the debilitating illness, she has experienced its horrors after watching her grandmother suffer. She says, "People said to me yesterday, 'How does it feel to be anorexic?' "I had no idea that I was. I can safely say that I'm not. "I've got a lot of experience with anorexia. My grandmother and great-grandmother suffered from it. "In a way it's good that it's out there and people are talking about it. "It's quite interesting because it's normally high-achieving women who suffer from it because, I guess, they're control freaks."
http://contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/keira%20i%20have%20first-hand%20experience%20of%20anorexia_1001570

Hazzle
05-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Someone didn't watch Sesame Street or the Muppets as a kid then...

Digital_Ice
05-07-2006, 11:39 AM
KNIGHTLEY'S RELATIONSHIP TURMOIL
KEIRA KNIGHTLEY has sparked speculation she is backing away from boyfriend RUPERT FRIEND, after the disappointed actor complained how "she never comes home" to him anymore. Knightley told reporters at the London premiere of PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN'S CHEST on Monday (03JUL06) she "definitely" has no plans to marry her PRIDE + PREJUDICE co-star. And Friend seemed jealous of her apparent closeness to co-star ORLANDO BLOOM, with whom she shares a screen smooch. Knightley said, "I'm going to take time off because of myself, mainly, not because of him. Let's see how things go there." Friend complained, "It must have been a hard job kissing JOHNNY DEPP and ORLANDO BLOOM. I'm sure she hated every minute of it." He then added, "She hardly ever comes home to me."
http://contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/knightleys%20relationship%20turmoil_1001595

...oh boo hoo. grow some balls you pansy.

Hazzle
05-07-2006, 04:48 PM
What Ice said. I'd be alright with only shagging her every once in a while. So long as she ate something first.

Mandy
05-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Oh my god, I just imagined him saying that in a whiney 5 year old's voice stomping his feet. What a fag.

Pearl
05-07-2006, 10:18 PM
What does he care? He looks like exactly like Orlando but with shaggier eyebrows. I bet Keira can't tell them apart and thought she was kissing Rupert when she was really kissing Orlando.

Digital_Ice
06-07-2006, 06:26 PM
From todays Sun newspaper;

Slinky, Kinky Keira
Keira Knightley claims she loves dressing up in kinky clothes for sex. Well, she's hardly going to disclose to journalists she wears an old winceyette nightie and tells boyfreind Rupert to "pull it down, love, when your finished" now is she? Methinks the lady doth protest too much. Actresses dressing up for sex is a busman's holiday. They spend their entire working lives being sewn into uncomfortable outfits, laced into corsets and buttoned into crinolines. the last thing they dream of doing for fun is dressing up. They play French maids and policewomen at work - and get paid for it. Why on earth would they do the same at home for free? Keira, eat a cake and stop winding us up.

"Keira, eat a cake and stop winding us up." - heh, i love it

Hazzle
06-07-2006, 07:33 PM
thought she was kissing Rupert when she was really kissing Orlando.

More likely the other way round.

Pearl
06-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Atleast we know she's not a virgin.

michael22
06-07-2006, 10:59 PM
only very sad people are virgins after 18.........
edit: (I should be one to talk)

Digital_Ice
08-07-2006, 08:42 AM
MOVIE REVIEW: 'Pirates of Caribbean' sequel walks plank
'Dead Man's Chest': Plotless, essentially characterless and purposeless
By Robert W. Butler
McClatchy Newspapers

Hollywood's smart guys predicted producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Gore Verbinski were sailing into disaster with 2003's "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl."

After all, no swashbuckling pirate movie had made money since the 1950s. It was a film based on a theme park ride, for Pete's sake, and was cast mostly with unknowns - except for Johnny Depp and Geoffrey Rush, neither of whom ever had starred in a monster hit.

We know how that turned out. "Black Pearl" grossed $340 million, buoyed by its pirates-as-ghost-story plot, endless special effects and especially by Depp's off-the-deep-end performance as the gloriously fey Captain Jack Sparrow.

Here's the weird part: The "Pirates" sequel, "Dead Man's Chest," is precisely the disaster they were expecting from the first movie.

Plotless, essentially characterless and purposeless (unless you count the desire to make a load of money), the second "Pirates" (a third already has been filmed) has been beautifully shot, impeccably edited and is a veritable master class in technical craftsmanship.

It also makes no sense, is leadenly paced, has only a handful of so-so laughs and chronically mistakes big for better.

Painfully self-indulgent, it runs for 2½ hours and feels like an endless version of the theme park ride that inspired it. Worse, it's open-ended. To see how it's resolved, you have to go to the next installment scheduled for release next spring.

The plot? Well, as far as I can tell it involves Jack Sparrow's efforts to recover a chest that contains the heart of Davy Jones. Yes, that Davy Jones, the demonic ruler of the sea and scourge of sailors. As played by Bill Nighy, Jones is the squid-faced captain of the Flying Dutchman and presides over a crew of condemned seamen's souls.

Apparently, Jones holds a note for Jack Sparrow's soul as well, and our mincing hero figures that if he can destroy Davy Jones' heart, he can escape his grim fate.

Also involved in the chase are Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) and Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley), whose wedding is delayed by their arrests on charges that they helped Jack escape His Majesty's justice in the first movie. Their happy future depends upon their returning Jack to justice.

The wildly episodic screenplay by Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio features sequences that never quite coherently mesh. There's a long passage in which Jack is hailed as a king by a tribe of cannibals, another in which Will discovers that his late father (a barnacle-encrusted Stellan Skarsgard) is one of the enslaved crewmen of the Flying Dutchman, a segment in which Elizabeth hitches a ride on a merchantman by disguising herself as a boy.

Periodically we are treated to attacks by the kracken, a huge tentacled sea beast that at Davy Jones' command pulls entire ships down into the depths. There's a big battle with this brute; it serves mostly to allow the special-effects guys a chance to show off. After a while, all the hacking and crashing becomes wearisome.

Knightley and Bloom are reduced to blandness. Depp, meanwhile, is saddled with a joyless script that requires him to work overtime to come up with a few amusing moments. (Comedy doesn't work if you can see them straining to be funny).

Mostly, this is a runaround movie. Everyone runs over here. Then, they turn around and run over there.

Verbinski's direction suggests he's bored with the whole enterprise. Even his love of outsized machines (remember the fight in the blacksmith shop in the first movie?) feels muted and perfunctory. There's a sequence in which Jack Sparrow's crew is imprisoned by cannibals in a giant wicker ball hanging over a chasm; they escape by using their cage as an oversized hamster ball and rolling to freedom. Then, there's a sword fight atop a giant water wheel careening through the jungle.

Sad to say, those scenes are more fun to envision than to actually watch. Moments that should fill us with delight simply sit there.

Despite its glossy look and masterful special effects, "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" is a bad movie. Fans deserved better.
http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/entertainment/14992670.htm

Johnny Depp Opens Huge: 'Pirates' Number One of All Time?
By Cris Bergman
Jul 8, 2006

Superman Returns never had a chance. The industry buzz for weeks has been that Johnny Depp and the gang of 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest' would open with huge numbers. But some believed that the run time of well over two hours may make it more difficult.

But LA Weekly's Nikki Finke reveals that her sources are saying that Depp and company may blow Spidey's all-time record - how would you say - out of the water.

Finke reports:

I'm told already that, based on today's matinees, Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest will have the biggest opening of any movie in history.

Since May 24th, Finke has been predicting that it was gonna kill everything at the theaters this summer, and then, based on the early tracking, that it was going to be the all-time record-breaker. Now Pirates 2 is set to steal away Spiderman's No. 1 opening gross of $114.8 million.

Nikki reports that she has been told the movie could take in $45+ million more on Friday if the shows from (Thursday) night are included in the total. Right now, matinees are headed that way.

Friday's full numbers will leak out today (Saturday) and that should give a more complete picture, but Finke seems to get these predictions right quite often.

Can Depp, Orlando and Keira take home the all-time Hollywood number one box office booty?

It seems very likely.
http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_27266919.shtml

Depp, 'Dead Man's Chest' seaworthy despite some leaks
By Barry Caine, STAFF WRITER

THE PIRATE ALPHABET: "Aaaaaa!" "Aye!" "Arrrrr!"

Michael Nesmith, the coolest Monkee, paraded the concept in his classic video "Elephant Parts."

Pirates are ripe for satire.

Check out the hyper-coarse cuttroats in old swashbucklers such as "The Black Pirate" and "Blackbeard."

Even the sea-going rapscallions in "Treasure Island" are exaggerated, although what real pirates sounded like is anybody's guess.

("Oh Captain, my captain, would you be so kind as to share some of that lovely booty?")

Director Gore Verbinski and his like-minded writers milked 2003's "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" for as much pirate silliness as they could, while making sure to leave plenty for its sequels.

In "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," remnants of the pirate alphabet pop up throughout the dialogue. In fact, some of the "aye"-ing and "arrrr"-ing scenes get so over-the-top that the picture resembles a kids-oriented comic book — or the theme-park ride that inspired the "Pirate" films.

The sequel absolutely refuses to take itself seriously, which is what you want in a Grade-B popcorn movie.

For instance, Capt. Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) uses nonsense syllables and baby talk with cannibals. When he says, "Lum, lum, eensie weensie," they jump. (And people got paid good money to write that.)

In "Dead Man's Chest," Depp puts more swash into his inept, swashbuckling pirate captain, especially during his runs along beaches.

The comedy grows broader with sight gags such as a sword fight atop a runaway wheel.

The lampooning should keep kids in the crowd hanging with the humor rather than the horror. Long-dead, barnacle-clad crew members drip seaweed, tentacles and goo. A monstrous sea creature swallows what it wants without bothering to carefully chew each piece.

The dastardly denizens appear when it's time for Jack to pay his debt to legendary Davy Jones (Bill Nighy with a face of writhing tentacles) to avoid enternal damnation.

Elsewhere, newcomer Lord Beckett (Tom Hollander) threatens to execute Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) and his fiancee Elizabeth (Keira Knightley), Jack's cohorts in the original.

Only Will's finding Jack and taking Jack's mystical compass will save them from the gallows.

The land-based scenes with Beckett et al numb the story.

Granted the need for exposition — and enough plot threads to set up next year's sequel — but dull is dull even in pirate lingo. ("Aye, ptooie!")

The film perks up when Knightley's on screen as feisty Elizabeth, wielding a sword and flirting with Jack. Their scenes sizzle.

Bloom is more charismatic than in the original. Maybe he learned from the criticism levied at his tepid portrayal in "Kingdom of Heaven."

The heroic trio breathes life into its the encounters with enemies old and new during the quest for happily ever after.

At more than two hours, "Dead Man's Chest" is about as long as the original, but it feels longer.

Director Verbinski keeps a tight ship, then he lets go of the wheel and allows the film to drift with the currents. By the end, it drags.

On the other hand, the picture contains many entertaining parts along with its appealingly bemused narrative. And the visuals look terrific.

Despite the flaws, "Pirates" is colorful and funny. Aye, and for a couple of hours, it whisks you away from the heat and into a world of cool winds, choppy seas and giddy adventure.

Aye! Arrrrrrr!
http://www.insidebayarea.com/business/ci_4022999

kingdumbass
08-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Keira to Take A Break From Acting?

I've seen this on other sites, as well, besides The Sun:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,5-2006310460,00.html

Keira has revealed she is terrified she will end up hating her job if she carries on with her hectic filming schedule. With a string of successful movies and an Oscar nomination under her belt, Keira yearns to spend more time with her family and go travelling.

She says: “I know I’ve been like a workaholic and I really don’t have time for much.

“My greatest fear is that I’ll wake up at 50 and will have worked a lot but won’t have lived.

“The last five years have blended into one. I can’t tell you what was last year and what was the year before. It’s just been one big, long, film set.

“In some ways that is wonderful. I love my job. I really love what I do.

“But I’m quite frightened that if I continue at that rate I will start to hate what I love.

“I don’t want that to happen. So I think I need to step back and do a sort of sabbatical, go away and learn a bit more then come back. Then, hopefully, I’ll have moved on to the next step, whatever that is.”

A good idea, although I wonder how long of a break she's talking about.

Hazzle
08-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Good idea for Keira. But there's no way a POTC sequel designed to be even sillier than the original deserves to nick Spiderman's stop spot, when that was actually a good film, not just merely entertaining, but actually quite clever.

Pearl
08-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Keira should just stop taking every role that is offered to her. I think she'll find that once she just selects roles here and there, the work load won't be as big and she'll have more time to rest.

marilynka
08-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Believe me she is not taking every role.

Pearl
08-07-2006, 04:44 PM
Really? What I read in a few interviews she said she's afraid 'not' to take every role she's offered for fear of the work will stop coming. She said that she fights for roles if anything. I only ever heard of her turning down one role and that was for a Bond Girl. She said she turned it down becuase she didn't have the right body for it.

What other roles did she turn down?

iii
08-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Really? What I read in a few interviews she said she's afraid 'not' to take every role she's offered for fear of the work will stop coming. She said that she fights for roles if anything. I only ever heard of her turning down one role and that was for a Bond Girl. She said she turned it down becuase she didn't have the right body for it.

What other roles did she turn down?

'Cos that's the only film mentioned so far. She may have turned down several projects, which are not reported in the media.

Personally, I think she's doing fine with her current state of filming. After all, she's still young.

kingdumbass
12-07-2006, 10:42 AM
Another Keira vacation article:

Knightley makes plans for a gap year

Wednesday, July 12 2006, 02:03 BST - by Susanna Regan (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds34777.html#)

Keira Knightley is planning to take a year out from acting to travel because she is sick of working so intensively.

The actress has recently been promoting the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie in between working on the third installment of the franchise and another film based on an Ian McEwan novel.

Recently she told WENN: "Last weekend I worked 32 hours straight promoting Pirates of the Caribbean, and the weekend before too. I really need some time off. Even my parents think I need a break."

Now it seems the star is making serious plans to do so with her boyfriend Rupert Friend.

A source revealed: "She wants to go really low-key and do the whole backpacking thing. She has spoken to Rupert about it and he seems quite keen too."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds34777.html

A whole YEAR? DAMN, woman. Also, who wants to bet that she returns from her year off with a mysteriously enlarged bust, and tries to blame it on weight gain or something else laughably false? Still, a nice vacation is never a bad idea.

Oh, and by the way, US Magazine has put Keira and Kate Bosworth on this week's cover. The story? You guessed it -- Anorexia. Bastards.

michael22
14-07-2006, 11:38 AM
have more faith dumbass. She deserves a year off, everyone in my opinion should stop and take a look around at everything. bt hopefully she does not go against her recent statements and A get implants or B marry Rupert.

I just think it is a damn shame we will see less of her.

edit: sorry for the large amount of obscene language

Hazzle
14-07-2006, 02:40 PM
edit: sorry for the large amount of obscene language

Fuck me you call that obscene?! Jeebus christ on a motherfucking plane.

Digital_Ice
14-07-2006, 07:42 PM
'd*mn' and 'dumb*ss'

I'm shocked... really shocked. Now I'm no prude. I swear all the time... but language like that is just uncalled for....

Hazzle
14-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Oh now I see. Thanks for that Ice.

Yeah Mike, what the fuck do you think you're doing swearing like that you cunt?

Pearl
14-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Keira is wasting her youth working constantly. Maybe that's why she's gotten so sickly skinny lately. R&R is just what she needs right about now. Plus she has the money to live it up for the next five years. So why not?

DeathStalker
17-07-2006, 05:58 PM
PALMDALE, Calif., July 16 (UPI) -- The city of Palmdale, Calif., may have produced the space shuttle fleet, but two published reports have made it sound more like a wasteland.

The Los Angeles Daily News said the city, known for its aircraft production, was the target of two verbal jabs from British actress Keira Knightley and journalist Jeremy Clarkson.

The first came in a July 6 interview Knightley gave with Futuremovies.co.uk in which she discussed filming the third "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie in Palmdale.

"It's known for its meth labs, and it's not really the prettiest place on Earth, but apparently they've built some amazing sets there," she said. "So the location isn't going to be the Caribbean or the Bahamas."

That comment was followed by Clarkson's piece last Sunday in which he wrote of his experiences in various U.S. cities.

"Palmdale in California and Biloxi in Mississippi are nigh on identical," Clarkson said. "They have the same horrible restaurants. The same mall. The same interstate (highway) drone." He wrote on The Times of London Web site, "Live in either for more than a week and you'd be stabbing your own eyes with knitting needles."

What the hell? I'm from Palmdale, Palmdale was just a military place for a long time.To talk about a city you dont know anything about and just say it just has alot of meth labs and crap,that's just saying Fuck you, to all your fans out here.. If you think Palmdale is that bad go to Area 51 and see what's out there.

runangl
17-07-2006, 09:00 PM
no... she's not saying f**k you to all the fans in palmdale. think about it sensibly... palmdale or the caribbean?? where would YOU rather be?

i'll openly admit that redlands isn't the most wonderful place in the world, and the smog is absolutely shit. i wouldn't be in the least upset if keira bagged on redlands. in fact, it'd be pretty cool that she mentioned it at all.

kingdumbass
18-07-2006, 04:48 AM
Any place within the vicinity of Los Angeles is a shithole....
It's a fuckin' law of physics. The closer you get to LA, the higher the suckitude level is.

Digital_Ice
18-07-2006, 09:31 AM
heh, like a black hole.

from the daily fecking mail;

Curtain call for Keira Unsightly

On the red carpet she is noted for her elegant and stylish attire.

But off-duty, Keira Knightley's fashion sense sometimes deserts her.

That appeared to be the case yesterday as the 21-year-old actress stepped out wearing an over-billowy pale pink dress. A sloppy-looking brown belt failed to lift the shapeless creation and bright green slippers could have been interpreted as colour-blindness.

An onlooker said: 'It looked like she grabbed some curtains from a rail and turned them into a dress. I thought she was going to trip over the bottom of it when she was walking down the steps outside her house.'

Her actor boyfriend Rupert Friend opted for shabby-looking ripped jeans as they left her West London home.

Miss Knightley, pictured left, appears to be making a habit of kooky fashion choices. She was photographed earlier this summer, on a night out with her boyfriend, dressed in a flowery all-in-one jumpsuit which she teamed with chunky biker boots.

Miss Knightley, who was nominated for an Academy Award for her role as Elizabeth Bennett in Pride and Prejudice, has told in the past how her stylist, Rachel Zoe, helps pick out her headline-grabbing outfits for premieres.

She pulled out all the stops earlier this month for the London premiere of the second Pirates of the Caribbean film, in which she stars, when she favoured a revealing gold Gucci dress, slashed open at the front and the back.

But she admits she has little time for fashion when off duty, preferring to dress down in scruffy outfits

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2006/07/kieraBIG170706_228x529.jpg

Pearl
18-07-2006, 03:41 PM
What the hell was going through her head at the time? And can she lose the dumb belt already?

hasselbrad
18-07-2006, 04:03 PM
A belt does not make granny's nightgown acceptable street attire. ;)

Digital_Ice
18-07-2006, 07:25 PM
JORDAN: 'I WANT KNIGHTLEY TO PLAY ME'
British glamour model JORDAN wants to cast KEIRA KNIGHTLEY to play her in a forthcoming biopic. The busty star - real name KATIE PRICE - has high hopes for the film, which she claims has already been greenlit. And she insists skinny Knightley would be perfect, despite their startlingly different statures. Jordan say, "That is definitely happening. We haven't got as far as thinking about who will play me yet though. She adds of Knightley, "She's stunning and a very good actress. I'd want someone quite high profile like her doing it."

http://contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/jordan%20i%20want%20knightley%20to%20play%20me_100 2816

heh, slight difference in bust size,,,,

iii
18-07-2006, 08:06 PM
JORDAN: 'I WANT KNIGHTLEY TO PLAY ME'

http://contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/jordan%20i%20want%20knightley%20to%20play%20me_100 2816

heh, slight difference in bust size,,,,

the thought of it makes me sick. !

keira will not lower herself to that level.

she's an A grade celeb nowadays...not a Z list celebrity.

hasselbrad
18-07-2006, 08:38 PM
I didn't know who this Jordan was until I Googled her...and now I feel kind of weirded out because she looks like a tranny. :barf:

kingdumbass
19-07-2006, 01:31 AM
I LIKE the way she looks in that dress, damnit!

Hazzle
19-07-2006, 08:29 AM
Yes, but you like the way she looks in anything. I do like how her boobs look in that "outfit" though. I dunno if it's the belt or what but they look perfect.

hasselbrad
19-07-2006, 03:15 PM
Yes, but you like the way she looks in anything. I do like how her boobs look in that "outfit" though. I dunno if it's the belt or what but they look perfect.
Agreed. I just don't understand her fixation with belts. A sash, or even a wider belt would look better. That belt looks like she bought it in the kids department of Penney's.

Birgit
22-07-2006, 05:46 PM
haajhaaj I'm from Holland but I totaly adore Keira Knightley (I hope I ride this all well)

byebye Birgit

Digital_Ice
26-08-2006, 10:16 PM
Keira Knightley has admitted bribing security staff at a pre-Golden Globes party last week. The British starlet turned up Vanity Fair's glittering shindig with seven friends, but only two tickets; however, thanks to a few packets of crisps, the whole party was admitted. "What's a girl to do? I gave the security guys my best smile and confessed that there were eight of us and only two tickets," recalls Keira. "They said to me, 'What else you got?' and I said, 'Well, we've got two packets of crisps,' and they said, 'OK, that'll do.' So we wafted into the poshest party of the night with two packets of ready salted.

michael22
27-08-2006, 05:47 AM
damn crips always save the day...but they never accept the following Haggis, pringles, hoglumps, bugles or skittles. But give pop tarts to the door security and you are always allowed in.

bruman
19-11-2006, 01:58 PM
from the news of the world:

IT'S Bride And Prejudice! Movie beauty Keira Knightley is getting married, the News of the World can reveal today.

The star is secretly planning to tie the knot with her actor lover Rupert Friend next year.

And the 21-year-old is desperate to copy Tom Cruise and Katie Holmeswho wed yesterdayby holding the ceremony in an Italian castle.

Keira, who has been dating her Pride And Prejudice co-star for nearly a year, spilt the beans at Lindsay Lohan's bash at London's Paper Club on Friday, organised by top party planners viewparties.com

One guest told us: "She looked radiant and seemed to want the world to know that she and Rupert had got engaged.

"She was kissing and cuddling him all night. They were with six friends and were obviously in a celebratory mood after getting through five bottles of Dom Perignon.

"Keira couldn't stop giggling. She even told the waiter: Please get my husband a drink.' Even her girlfriends referred to him as her future husband."

Dream

Keira told her pals: "We've already decided to get married in Italy. Tom Cruise is living my dream by marrying in a castle."

Our source said: "One of her girlfriends was saying, You've got to get as many tips from Tom Cruise as possible.'"

Rupert, 25, proposed after Keira finished filming the third Pirates Of The Caribbean movie, in which she plays governor's daughter Elizabeth Swann, and told producers she was ready to move on to new things.

An insider said: "He realised the timing was perfect for him to pop the question. They went to Paris in September so Keira could discuss her new contract with Chanel and got caught up in the romance of the city.

"Keira's over the moon. Now she'll hopefully be able to concentrate on arranging her wedding."

Seems it was Keira's K-night on Friday despite Lindsay throwing the party at the Paper Club. Our source went on: "It looked like Keira was the one who had the better evening.

"She was caught up in her own little world. It was like an impromptu engagement party."

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/showbiz/showbiz5.shtml

StarStruck17
10-04-2007, 08:09 PM
:icon_ange This is a great thread - where i'm from we hardly get to hear anything about Kiera - thanx guys

Leonie
29-04-2007, 08:30 AM
This isn't really new so much, but at least we now know who was is to blame for the awful make up she wore to the London Pirates DMC premiere. There's a few more mentions of her in the rest of that click through thing, too.

http://www.elle.com/gallery.aspx?section_id=14&webtrends_section=beautfeatures&article_id=9139&section_prefix=beautfeatures&window_id=8&gallery_id=4860&page_number=1&seq=45&cnt=59

From the start: http://www.elle.com/beautyfeatures/9953/hollywood-insider-secrets.html

Leonie
05-05-2007, 09:39 AM
I stumbled across this (http://www.natalieportman.com/gallery/news_images/ok043007stycxm3?full=1) on NataliePortman.com. Click the back arrow to see the left page of the article, the bit that has Natalie Portman.

Leonie
07-05-2007, 01:32 PM
I was looking back through this thread and noticed that we used to copy and paste the text. With the amount of new Keira interviews on news websites that may chuck out the page after a while, I thought it a good idea to get back into the habit. This is from http://www.theage.com.au/news/film/a-hard-days-knightley/2007/05/03/1177788307435.html?page=fullpage#. Thanks to Keiraweb for pointing it out in the first place, of course.

<cut to next post, cause I've waffled too much and the post is now too long>

Leonie
07-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Here goes:

A hard day's Knightley
May 6, 2007

Saucy: Knightley cuts a sleek figure at a film premiere.
Photo: Reuters

Posh pirate Keira Knightley doesn't suffer foolish questions gladly, discovers Brigid Delaney. And the A-list actress has a few choice words for the paparazzi on her trail.

There are some interviews that are difficult to sit through - not because the movie star is arrogant or boring but because, in a group interview, the behaviour of the other journalists can make you ever so slightly nauseous.

And so it was with Keira Knightley.

With the bearing of a ballerina, crisp diction and startling beauty, she had a powerful effect on the male journalists in the room. Moments before she walked in, they seemed tough, jaded - so over this whole movie promotion thing - but suddenly they were transformed into schoolgirls.

They giggled at her asides, they blushed like maiden aunts when she said the words "f---" and "tits", they didn't dare ask the questions that may alarm her (i.e. "Keira, do you have an eating disorder?")

Instead, one older gent asked her how many pairs of shoes she had, while another stared agog and asked her about her favourite football team, while another praised her for her charity work (she auctioned off a dress she wore to the Oscars, proceeds going to Oxfam).

It was a relief then, when she didn't engage in the sycophantic role-playing that is part of film promotion these days - the pretence that every question is insightful, that the journalist opposite really is the most charming, intelligent person on Earth, and that quite possibly we could all be best friends if it wasn't for such demanding filming schedules.

Instead Keira Knightley was haughty, sharp, and at 22, is not afraid of verbally kicking in the balls of journalists twice her age.

When asked by a leering journalist about "you know - getting your gear off, love" (Knightley first appeared naked aged 15 in a movie called Hole, and more recently was starkers on the cover of Vanity Fair with acting colleague Scarlett Johansson) - she was more than his match.

Journalist: "In Silk I hear you are appearing half-naked at some point ... is that right?"

Knightley: "What?"

"Err, sorry, in Silk ..."

"Silk!"

"I read -"

Knightley interjects in that posh, quite intimidating voice: "Have you read the book?"

"Well I just read that you might ..."

(Other journalists in the room are squirming in a "pull out now, mate" way.)

Knightley - sharper and slowly: "Have you read the book?"

"No."

"Well, in the book, there are several sex scenes."

"OK."

"So it's an adaptation that's very true to the book."

Pause.

"I mean Jesus Christ, it's not like I haven't taken my clothes off before!"

"I was just going to ask if you are comfortable about it - "

"People will start paying me to keep my clothes on. No, I don't have a problem with it. I've never had a problem with it. I don't believe in censorship. So I never think I have done anything wrong. I suppose I am very European in my feelings towards my body."

So there!

In London promoting the third in the franchise of Pirates of the Caribbean movies, it's clear the 22-year-old actor has a remarkably strong sense of self.

In person, she has chocolate brown shoulder-length hair and skin the colour of milk. She looks lean and healthy - less emaciated actor, more sleek greyhound who has realised her body is a tool of the trade and has disciplined it accordingly. In person she is not as orange as on the promotional posters for Pirates - in which she looks as though she has spent an excessive amount of time being spray-tanned.

Knightley is currently riding high as the Brit Pack's queen of Hollywood. Not only has she gained a legion of fans in the three Pirates movies, but she has also interspersed them with art house, riskier ventures and critically acclaimed classics such as Pride and Prejudice (scoring herself an Oscar nomination).

While contemporaries such as Sienna Miller are still floundering while looking for the right role, Knightley is already a veteran of a wide range of television and film parts.

Born in London in 1985 to an acting family (her father is jobbing British TV actor Will Knightley), Knightley started as a child, appearing in shows such as The Bill, but it wasn't until the 2002 indie hit Bend It Like Beckham that people started taking notice.

She was an interesting choice for the role - almost too feminine, willowy and gorgeous to be believable as the tomboy soccer player. She was more aptly cast in Love Actually - as the English rose who is the focus of a painful unrequited love. Many of her memorable scenes in that film were video footage shot of her looking lovely, and replayed: Knightley wearing a pretty dress, Knightley dancing, Knightley waving goodbye, while the man who desired her sat passive and yearning before all that unattainable beauty.

So it seems in real life that we can't get enough banal shots of this lovely girl. The British tabloids are full of pictures of her doing mundane things - just being Knightley, going for a walk, buying a big latte, or lying in the park with her boyfriend Rupert Friend. It is as if we are the unrequited lover in Love Actually, transfixed by her image.

Put that to Knightley - ask her how she feels about the public's appetite for seeing all those photos of her - and the steel in the girl comes out again.

She fixes me with a fairly scary stare when I ask if she "minds the paparazzi" and says: "Legally I don't have a choice about it; I have to deal with it. I...think...that...it...is...sick. Very well-chosen word. I dunno. I think it's sick."

She continues with a few more well-chosen words.

"I think the pressures put on women of a young age of a very vulnerable group are huge. But indeed it's not about what people say or what the pictures look like. It's about a young woman being followed around by five men who could be anyone and you have no way of telling who they are - if they're legitimate photographers or if they're rapists. It's terrifying - it's totally terrifying and I don't think that's right - I think that that's very wrong. I don't necessarily have a good level of anonymity in London. It's pretty much the same everywhere. I haven't really found it better or worse in any other city."

It's the Pirates series more than any other films that have extended the reach of her global recognition.

Their appeal is basic: they are good old-fashioned adventure films that appeal to both kids and adults alike, and each one has been more lavish than the last.

But they also sound like a nightmare to shoot. Some of it was to a blue screen, which Knightley found difficult ("it is slightly ridiculous when you suddenly go, 'Ohhh, I'm meant to be really frightened of him' and it's Bill Nighy in his skinny grey suit").

Shooting on location also sounded tough: "The last six weeks were in torrential rain with the stage on a rake so we were running uphill and we had to wear wetsuits and we had to do intense fight scenes in a wetsuit running uphill. I was training pretty non-stop on a cross-trainer every night just trying to get my cardiovascular up 'cos it was shit but that was pretty strenuous."

Coming up is Silk (beware, there is Knightley nudity!), an adaptation of Ian McEwan's Atonement and a part in the Dylan Thomas biopic, The Best Time of Our Lives, where she battles Sienna Miller for the love of the drunken Welshman.

Knightley is excited about working with that film's screenwriter, her mum, Sharman Macdonald. "The pressure was really on her to deliver a really great script and she totally, totally lived up to that - it's an absolutely beautiful work."

She recently had a five-month break from filming where she "needed to have a bit of a breather and live in a flat that I actually bought three years ago but never lived in."

She says, "I did absolutely nothing, I walked around, I cooked a lot, I had friends over to my flat and we drank very good wine."

Cooking a roast chicken is a favourite pastime, as is creating her own stock and freezing it for risottos and soups.

A publicist comes in and says our group interview slot is over and Knightley, in the manner of the Julia Roberts' character in Notting Hill, will be moving into another suite in this Knightsbridge hotel to go through the whole thing again.

After the interview I wandered around for a bit. The publicity machine for Pirates has taken up a whole floor of this hotel. There are make-up artists running around and cables taped to the ground, satellite feeds to Asia, someone shouting, "Orlando? Yeah, Orlando's almost done!"

I thought somewhere in the next room someone will ask her about her weight and, in another interview, more journalists will either attack or fawn, and it will be hour after exhausting hour of unreality. Maybe that's where she gets her steeliness from -it's honed in these tedious hours of strangers asking you about everything from your body, to the food you put into it, to your sexual relationships, to your parents.

Then when she gets home to central London, five or so men will be at the front of her house and they'll photograph her living the life she has just spent the day discussing with strangers.

Pushing the button in the lift and escaping to the relative lack of artifice that is Sloane Square, I preferred to think of her cooking for her friends in her flat, freezing chicken stock, getting drunk on good red wine and having a laugh at how weird life is.

I think that off duty, that's the sort of girl she would probably be.

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End screens from May 24.

Leonie
09-05-2007, 06:49 PM
I realise I'm monopolising this thread a bit, but I thought this may be interesting to read for those of us wondering about the health of the lovely lady:

http://showbiz.sky.com/showbiz/picture_gallery/0,,50001-1226809,00.html

In other news, I think this is the complete Observer interview:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/magazine/story/0,,2071380,00.html

Ranman
09-05-2007, 09:48 PM
You're doing a great job Leonie
If I wasn't such a lazy cretin
I would help you

kingdumbass
11-05-2007, 05:06 AM
Anyone notice how she hasn't done any new photoshoots to go with this latest round of Pirates publicity?
Even that Elle mag just had recycled old pics.

Leonie
11-05-2007, 09:15 AM
I suppose we can't blame her, with the scrutiny of every part of her body she's faced. She might just lay off them until she feels a bit more secure again. That said, I think the GQ had a fairly recent photo (http://www.k-knightley.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=965&pos=1), judging by her hair.

Leonie
23-05-2007, 07:30 AM
From Vogue.com (http://www.style.com/vogue/feature/052207/page2.html)

"Well, there you go. I've done my homework!" says actress Keira Knightley, handing over a leather-bound Louis Vuitton journal. Inside are pages and pages of immaculate, copperplate handwriting. Keira has taken her recent Vogue assignment—writing a diary of her escape to Africa—very seriously. "I got my flatmate to check all the spelling," she adds.

In person, the Pirates of the Caribbean star exudes the peculiar charm of a slightly scatty but ravishingly pretty British schoolgirl. Just back from her African safari, she tumbles into London's Soho Hotel on a cool spring afternoon. An oversize bag is falling off one spidery arm, and a huge knitted coat is bunched up under the other. Her mahogany tresses trail from a messy ponytail, and her black chiffon minidress is a little askew. She is scruffily glamorous, in the vein of the classic English rose at 22.

We are more used to seeing Keira Knightley swashbuckling her way through tropical islands in her role as the feisty Elizabeth Swann than romping in the Kenyan bush. (The third film in the franchise, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, hits multiplexes this month.) But she took to the role of Vogue's African princess with equal spirit. I open Keira's diary and read a few sentences: "Masai Mara is wide, green, and beautiful. We're right on the border with Tanzania, and the sun is shining. Cottar's 1920s Safari Camp is like something out of a fairy tale. Totally in the wild. White tents, huge four-poster beds with draped white mosquito nets. All the furniture is like something from Out of Africa."

Curling her gangly legs beneath her in the armchair, Keira sips at a cup of English breakfast tea while she recounts her adventures. Located in the southeast of the Masai Mara, bordering the Serengeti and Loliondo reserves, the safari is owned and run by Calvin Cottar, whose family settled in East Africa in the early 1900s after hearing about Teddy Roosevelt's adventures there. Dressed in regulation khaki, Cottar is described as a Liam Neeson type who leaves female clients swooning when he leads the game drives and presides over his old-style camp. Guests are housed in huge white tents furnished with colonial antiques, Persian rugs, and eccentric bric-a-brac. There are even several small Julian Schnabel paintings of the camp's staff that the artist gave to Cottar after staying there.

On her first day, Cottar took Keira on an early-morning game drive. (They were also accompanied by Keira's current boyfriend. In true movie-star style, she refers to him in code, as "Passepartout" in her diary and "my traveling companion" when she talks about him. She never uses his name, although regular readers of supermarket tabloids will know he is the actor Rupert Friend.) Out on the Mara the group observed a herd of elephants and "four lion cubs in a tree. I mean, it was unbelievable…. These cubs were just flopped over these trees," says Keira. She puts down her teacup for a moment and splays her hands and legs in a cute impression of a baby lion.

During the day, Keira wrote her diary and read. She started The Day of the Triffids, The Human Zoo, and Othello. She didn't finish any of them. As the week went on, there were picnics in rainstorms and Masai tribesmen dancing by firelight. Keira sunbathed and slept, and in between obligingly posed for photographs. In the evenings, everyone in the camp ate dinner together at a long wooden table in the main tent. "The meals were very English, actually. We had prawn cocktails, lamb, and roly-poly pudding," she says.

After three days of playing dress-up, Keira scribbled in her diary, "I didn't think it would happen but it has. I'm in love with a white-and-cream Marc Jacobs dress. Oh, the pain of true love." As an actress whose looks and frame lend themselves to period costume, Keira was understandably drawn to the most historically inspired, feminine clothes on the shoot. She adored wearing the Louis Vuitton corset-style bathing suit, the gigantic silk ball skirt by Thakoon, and the 1930s-style rose-print sundress by Comme des Garons. But the pice de rsistance was the white ruffled Peter Som gown, which exuded the romance of colonial chic.

In her other life as a movie star, Keira falls for the fashion as much as the roles. For the upcoming Atonement, in which she plays the heroine, Cecilia Tallis, Keira wore "absolutely incredible clothes. The beautiful thirties ones were actually made for me." From the novel by Ian McEwan, with a screenplay by Christopher Hampton, the film features a cast that includes Vanessa Redgrave and James McAvoy. You get the sense from Keira that this movie, filmed last summer in a grand, stately home in Shropshire, England, is her work crush of the year. "I loved it," she says. "It's very bleak…it's beautiful."

After lunch at the Giraffe Manor, a hotel near Nairobi where giraffes roam the grounds, Keira donned a chic gray Bottega Veneta frock to visit the baby elephants at the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust in Mbagathi, the only successful project in the world at rehabilitating orphaned elephants into the wild. Her diary entry for that day reads, "Today everyone tried to catch the baby elephants so we could put Louis Vuitton blankets on their backs. I've never seen anything more brilliantly stupid. I hope Louis Vuitton like it; they should definitely give the elephant a modeling contract."

When it comes to traveling for fun, Keira has barely had time to go on vacation since she was sixteen. In fact, there have been precisely two holidays—aside from that, she's been working continually. Home in London for only a few weeks, Keira next heads off to Wales to film The Best Time of Our Lives with Sienna Miller. The movie, about Dylan Thomas's women, was written by Keira's mother, Sharman Macdonald. With so much location-hopping, it's not surprising that Keira craves home most of all. Her English life is simple: shopping at Borough Market and learning to cook from her flatmates—her brother, Caleb, and his girlfriend, fashion designer Kerry Nixon of the menswear label Vidler + Nixon. But mainly when she's home, she relaxes by being unavailable. Her mobile phone "doesn't really get answered a lot. I don't like talking on the phone, which is a nightmare because my mum does." Her BlackBerry had a short life. "I chucked it in the sea when I was working in the Bahamas doing Pirates, so it's in the ocean there somewhere." With a pang of guilt about the environment, she then adds, "I didn't mean to. Actually, no, I did mean to…. I did actually go back and try and find it, but I was in a fit of 'I don't want to be contacted. Leave me alone.' "

"The Chronicles of Keira" has been edited for Style.com; the complete story appears in the June 2007 issue of Vogue.

kingdumbass
23-05-2007, 05:20 PM
For someone who recently complained about too much publicity, she sure....
Eh, fuck it.

And just to be an even BIGGER annoying stick in the mud -- how many actual starving Africans could have been fed with the amount of money spent on this article and its corresponsing photoshoot? Why not just take some polaroids, and then donate the rest of the photoshoot cost to a worthy charity?

I've always wondered that.

seventhson
13-06-2007, 03:36 AM
See what I posted (or don't, wouldn't blame you) in Photo Sightings by mistake. My bad: Been away too long & posted in the wrong area.
Forgive me?

devine kk
28-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Check out this link, keira made it as the face of the suns pit girl

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2007290517,00.html

Leonie
08-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Behind the scenes of Keira's Chanel ad:

http://www.allocine.co.uk/article/fichearticle_gen_carticle=18404088.html

(thankyou Paul)

mongoose
09-07-2007, 09:17 AM
This is new. I haven't seen Keira in any ads yet. But there is a start for everything.

Leonie
29-08-2007, 11:10 PM
http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/startracks/070910/keira_knightley.jpg

CIAO BELLA!

Keira Knightley, who admits that there's more than just good genes behind her model looks, arrives in style at the 64th annual Venice Film Festival Tuesday. The actress is on hand to promote her new film Atonement, which will open the event on August 29.

(from: http://www.people.com/people/gallery/0,,20053641_14,00.html)

Leonie
31-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Sometimes I really love that girl:

KEIRA Knightley would never leave the house without her underwear, admitting being a celebrity isn't easy, but is no excuse to be caught going 'commando' in public. Keira told Empire magazine: "The whole celebrity thing is not magic. They are just real people proving they are sluttier than everybody else because they don't wear any knickers."

The 22-year-old actress continued her swipe at young female celebrities like Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan by slamming stars who are photographed drunkenly staggering out of nightclubs. Keira said: "I'm not going to get blind drunk and then stumble out of a club and fall over and vomit in front of people. I'm not saying I don't do that in private, but I try not to."

From: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/confidential/showbuzz/index/0,25297,5010840-5025337,00.html

What's this "talking to Empire" business, by the way? Interesting.

hasselbrad
31-08-2007, 12:57 PM
The whole celebrity thing is not magic. They are just real people proving they are sluttier than everybody else because they don't wear any knickers.

:icon_lol:

Oh, and did you happen to notice further down the page that Li Lo was caught with drugs...in rehab?

Leonie
01-09-2007, 03:57 AM
http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/startracks/070910/keira_knightley2.jpg

FESTIVAL QUEEN
Though she kicked off her shoes on the red carpet, Keira Knightley still sparkles like fairytale royalty in Chanel haute couture as she opens the Venice Film Festival on Wednesday with the premiere of her wartime romance, Atonement.

I love that she still just takes her shoes off (http://www.k-knightley.org/photos/events/2005/ppamsterdam/Keira%20Knightley%20030.jpg) if her feet are sore. She's starting to sound like the down-to-earth Keira from a few years ago again.

Mandy
25-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Coming up in the new Allure issue:

“I absolutely hate red carpet events. I don’t like the fact that people write ‘Oh you look like crap’ [afterwards] or ‘I don’t like your arms’. I’m not Wonder Woman! I have self-esteem issues. Everybody does. You know, skinny people are allowed to feel shit about themselves [too].”

- Keira Knightley tells the new issue of Allure

Awww, that seriously makes me feel bad for ever criticising her. *hugs Keira*

Mandy
30-09-2007, 05:14 PM
The new article from Allure is now here:

http://www.keiraknightley.com/media/thumbnails.php?album=187

Leonie
01-10-2007, 11:58 AM
This isn't so much Keira, but about Keira. It made me laugh anyway.

From today's Metro:

[Samantha Morton says,] "I want to prove you don't have to come from Oxford University or Rada, or have to have parents to support you to succeed." So, does she consider herself the anti-Keira? "I'm an actor, I'm not a celebrity," she snaps, once again twitching from chummy to snippy as her everpresent publicist looms warningly.
Perhaps it's a raw nerve. Reports have it that Morton was turned down for a role in Love Actually in favour of Miss Knightley, and another in Terry Gilliam's The Brothers Grimm because she wasn't pretty enough for the moneyman.

Hee. Bitter much?

Hazzle
01-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Elle! I was worried you'd fallen off the face of the planet. Loving the new avvy btw.

Leonie
01-10-2007, 12:26 PM
I am rather internetless, busy, and scared to leave my house cause I live in a really, REALLY bad neighbourhood, but am otherwise fine (currently abusing uni internet). How bad, you ask? Well, the guy two doors down is a drugs dealer, there was a police raid in the next street last week, and on Friday, a guy was killed in front of my local supermarket. It's grand.

And I keep stumbling across Keira bits in the papers here, so I thought I'd climb back onto the surface of the earth :P

Porcelain_Doll
02-10-2007, 12:29 AM
jesus and moses, Elle! All of that in England? What're you Brits doing to her?

Ok, seriously now. *intercontinental cyber hug*

Leonie
02-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Wanna look like Keira? Or rather, Cecilia? Have a look at the Sun's feature on her 30s looks in Atonement here (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2004070003-2007450497,00.html).

Hazzle
02-10-2007, 11:30 AM
jesus and moses, Elle! All of that in England? What're you Brits doing to her?

I don't know why you seem surprised. We used to have murders outside my Uni all the time. People have this idea of England being a peaceful land still stuck in the middle ages. It's definitely not.

dave
02-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Baz thinks she's going to get another Oscar nomination.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/bazbamigboye.html?in_article_id=478931&in_page_id=1794

hasselbrad
31-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Not exactly an article about her, but her cheeks (http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411423/1557667) are the most desired by those getting plastic surgery.
Kind of creepy, really.

rtms77
07-03-2008, 04:44 AM
An article about her singing talents in Edge of Love.

DAILY MAIL (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/bazbamigboye.html?in_article_id=528252&in_page_id=1794)

hasselbrad
07-03-2008, 01:47 PM
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/03_01/knightleyDM20603_468x392.jpg

This has already become one of my favorite pics of Keira.

I hope the writer of the article is right. I'd love to see her get another nomination and actually win an Oscar...especially for a film her mother wrote. Perhaps a best screenplay nod for momma as well.

keiraRules
07-06-2008, 01:14 AM
keiras voted best idol :D looks like keira better keep up her respectable ways and not become a low life like the others :lol: people look up to are girl :) <3

http://www.stv.tv/out/showbiz/latestnews/Kylie_Minogues_ageless_glamour_120619

Ranman
17-06-2008, 12:18 AM
I ran accross some Keira stuff

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/scotland/article4138528.ece

For those of you who want to dress Keira up

http://www.stardoll.com/en/dolls/641/Keira_Knightley.html

A litle more Keira news

http://www.newszoom.com/search/latest/keira-knightley/news/

keiraRules
17-06-2008, 10:12 PM
The top ten leading ladies

Keira came second only marilyn Monroe beated her :D

http://www.virginmedia.com/movies/virginmediamovieshow/june/leading-ladies.php

Digital_Ice
19-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Keira Knightley: I'd rather go naked than sing!
Thursday, 19 June 2008

Keira Knightley has revealed that she finds stripping off on camera far easier than having to belt out a song.

The 23-year-old actress says she was more than happy to film nude scenes for The Edge Of Love.

I always bare my breasts in sex scenes,' she says. 'So when the director asked me to take my bra off, I said: 'OK then."'

But Keira isn't so blas about singing in the movie, which premiered at the Edinburgh International Film Festival last night.

'That was terrifying, she tells the Daily Record. I was like a pre-pubescent boy. My knees were shaking, but a couple of shots of vodka and everything was OK.

The film was written by Keira's mum Sharman Macdonald, 57, and also stars Sienna Miller, 26.

On the red carpet Sienna posed arm-in-arm with co-star Matthew Rhys, 33, in her first public appearance since splitting with Rhys Ifans.

She's rumoured to have ditched 39-year-old Rhys because of jealousy over her friendship with the Welsh actor.

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celebrity-news/261036/keira-knightley-i-d-rather-go-naked-than-sing/1/

Ranman
19-06-2008, 06:17 PM
I couldn't agree with her more.

Joly
19-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Wow Ran, you've filmed a sex scene with your boobs out? 8:

Ranman
19-06-2008, 07:57 PM
actully yes, i have been in video's without my shirt, and as for my statement you gayer, and naked Keira is better than a singing Keira for real men.

shoesboot66
25-10-2011, 07:30 AM
oh nice

we never get the mirror :(

American top brand (http://www.ominestore.com/), OMINE (http://www.ominestore.com/), mainly produces and sells various types of men's casual shoes (http://www.ominestore.com/category.php?id=7), womens snow boots (http://www.ominestore.com/category.php?id=2), kids shoes (http://www.ominestore.com/category.php?id=10) and other products. The company hired the famous Italian designers as a design director. The product tends to be unique stylish, fashionable. Furthermore, the product highlights simplicity and luxury, leading the trend. Products all adopt high-end genuine fur, such as Canada's fox fur, Arctic fox fur, wool, Australian sheepskin. They are sold in several European countries and becoming a necessary luxury among political and business dignitaries, together with fashionable stars. The companys official website is http://www.ominepub.com (http://www.ominepub.com/) and http://www.ominestore.com. (http://www.ominestore.com./) Credit cards, PAYPAL and other transactions and payments are available. If you register your account information on official website, you can accumulate points for OMINE (http://www.ominestore.com/)s gifts. You can also contact we on MSN: ominestore@live.com.

dave
07-01-2012, 06:50 AM
Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/features/the-diary-keira-knightley-absolutely-fabulous-tony-blair-ben-kingsley-hatchet-job-of-the-year-award-6285271.html

Jean Grey the fox
07-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Ok, people, Dave and Ran, you both seem nice. I Want to thanks everyone for shareing, and want to go on, try and share an oratio dedicated to Keira. I hope she is heatlthy and as i told before im here only because God told me to, and now I want to thanks her couse everything that she is doing for the poor and the child, specialy both. Ok here it goes.

In nomine pater, et fillio et spiritum santum.
Iesus, aura di hodie, caelu mandatum tuos angelos, Pater guia, pater da nobis tua pretentia in oculos qui ocuala nostra vita, Pater, Domine Dominum, Domina nosta vita. Fiat voluntas tua in nostrum plexo, tu estrella, Pater Keiras strella est brillianti, pater da ella. Pater da hodie suo panem, Iesus tue est il universo. Terra brillianti in tuo corpus, da keira et nosotrus, tuos fillios, la gratia di tu mater, permite Domine Nostra pretentia ad ti in tua mater. Admiitti Spiritum Santum nobies tuos. caelo est tuo, et tuo est Keira, admiiti ave ella, di Domine nomine suo, Keira est on caelo. presta domine tuo caelo a tua fillia, presta domine tuos verbos, sicut tua volunta et nosotrum debitamibus. per di sanctum vulgata et tuos sanctus actus, permitte hodie verbum in nostra vita, tu panem, tua volunta, tua mater et pater, et fillio et spiritum santum, tuto santum hodie in tua pretentia, sed libranos a malo. sicut en un pritipio, et nunc, et semper et in seucula sauculorum. Amen

I recognize a good person when i feel it. i brightned the day for her and us. i am sure. well my latine is not the best or perfect, but the general idea is ok, and the way is made. its strange besides that the day is cloudy here in buenos aires, maybe because i know i can be a better christian, what i show is not what i am, but surely is what i fell. what i feel is like i am? nono, what i feel and what i do makes me what i am, a middle man, but good hearted.
Keira are you ok? im waiting for a salute. what was i thinking about, yeah, i didnt created the tread because i post it like a replay on other message, a christian post on a Jew post jajaja, that looks odd, well if any moderator is reading i think it would be a great idea to create a thred "wishlist" where you can leave you desires or wishes, fortune, i do not know what else, yes, very important oratio (prayers) for her. I think that would be great, what do you people feel about it?

Jean Grey the fox
07-01-2012, 08:12 AM
the day brightned

Jean Grey the fox
07-01-2012, 08:38 AM
That new that said she prefere stripping than singing is odd, an old newspaper surely and bare bad writer. that article dislike me, i know she didnt use that exact words, that publisher is a yellowist writer, the article was centred on the sexual and stripping thing as well as the interview iam sure, that kind of things made the fame so cruel. if i were in your position i would close my window to those who disrispectfully interview in that way, im sure there are good and cared, interesting interviewers or writers, select them, maybe to create a simple paper with psicological questions on certain aspects recreating an interview is not a bad idea so you can select your interviewers. Nice pre selection of journalist that can and cannot interview. maybe someone to face to face them to see if he/she is ashame or honest. a two step way for helping the way to a star. If the person is desesperated for the job, do not. For example, there is a simple question. NOW I WANT TO SEE THE EDGE OF LOVE NO MATTER WHAT, she looks georgeous and im pretty sure she sings like an angel, i cant tell yet a querubin, a serafin a guard angel, i cannot tell, but that pretty little sing will touch my heart.

Jean Grey the fox
07-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Ranman: There is only one real man, and we you talk as that men daily, and you say he prefer naked Keira than singing keira is a disrispectfull way of treating the women and the men. Think about and apologize, please.

Jean Grey the fox
07-01-2012, 10:24 AM
hasselbrad: thanks for the picture, i downloaded it, i state she is beautyfull always but i still prefer the simple 9 years old pic that i posted. anyways cheers for the costume maker she looks lovely on that dress with a hawaian look, an other cheer for the photographer or camara man, the director, to everyone couse the light on that scene is simply perfect. or is it her shininng?
I almost forget about cheering the make up, lovely that curly brown hair, the cut, mmmm, the one with the sissors and brush is giffted. I wonder what does she like to do by herself, is it the make up???