PDA

View Full Version : Articles Archive

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Kendorjia
23-05-2005, 06:18 PM
then we"ll make it smaller eh ;)

Digital_Ice
23-05-2005, 06:45 PM
well i dont know how true it is... contact music never reference their sources... you know what newspapers etc are like.... exaggeration and all that

shes bought a house in la... but you it could just be a house for when shes in la, instead of hotels... not nessercarily a permentant resedence... is that not a possibility? :p

(argh.. could there be anymore spelling mistakes in this post...)

Jak
23-05-2005, 07:21 PM
As long as there isn't a more trustworthy source, I don't think this story is true. Keira has always said she couldn't live in hollywood. But if it's so, her credibility is nearly 0 for me :icon_frow

Digital_Ice
23-05-2005, 07:25 PM
i dont think it realy matters either way, shes not going to suddenly suck at acting becuase she lives in america, and if she wants to live nearer where she works, instead of messing with hotels, all power to her.

Kendorjia
23-05-2005, 07:28 PM
As long as there isn't a more trustworthy source, I don't think this story is true. Keira has always said she couldn't live in hollywood. But if it's so, her credibility is nearly 0 for me :icon_frow

just becoz she moves to Hollywood? Sorry but i think that's a bit much... i've always said i'd never drink beer and look at me now :D Nah seriously, i doubt she'd move unless she has a good reason... Maybe she still doesn't want to live there, but as has been said, for work it would be much more convenient...

Nevertheless, i don't take this story to be true just yet... wait and see, but if the truth has been told, she's got my full support... as long as she returns to the uk from time to time... too much americanization ain't healthy :P

Domino
24-05-2005, 08:27 AM
This isn't really an article about keira, but I thought you guys might like to hear this.

Lindsay Lohan is enraged her fellow actresses KEIRA KNIGHTLEY and SCARLETT JOHANSSON, who are both just two years older than her, are highly praised for their work whereas she's known for her relentless partying and troubled family life.

I cut out the other stuff but the full article is herehttp://www.femalefirst.co.uk/entertainment/52812004.htm

Keyser_so_so
24-05-2005, 08:35 AM
This isn't really an article about keira, but I thought you guys might like to here this.

I cut out the other stuff but the full article is herehttp://www.femalefirst.co.uk/entertainment/52812004.htm

That's quite funny. Maybe Lindsay Lohan should avoid looking so fake (enlargements, orange skin...) and also be in some more upmarket films...

UPCOMING FILMS:
Keira Knightley- Pride and Prejudice
Scarlett Johansson- The Island
Lindsay Lohan- Herbie Fully Loaded

Exactly.

Domino
24-05-2005, 08:41 AM
Yeah I know the reason why they take Keira Knightley and Scarlett Johansson seriously is because they look real and not like another Britney/Christina clone, and their projects are far more respectable.

You hardly ever hear about Keira's and Scarlett's private lives they seem concentrate on their next project not the next way they can get into some tabloid.

Kendorjia
24-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Although i find the reason for lohan to be mad at keira and co rather stupid and silly... i don't think we should diss lohan for her movies... ok herbie fully loaded may not be as serious as pride or so... it can be a nice movie... of course, if those movies is the only thing you do, then your reputation won't be based upon your level of maturity to say the least... I think it has more to do with how she behaves... not with her movies, and, as Domino has said, who wants another britney/xtina-clone... everyone can be a number, a link in a chain... The ones that rise above that status, are the ones to be respected, sorry lohan, you just don't rise above.... keep trying :P

Jak
24-05-2005, 07:20 PM
just becoz she moves to Hollywood? Sorry but i think that's a bit much...

Because she has said she COULDN'T live in hollywood and now she possibly moves to this place, that's why I wrote, she is unreliable for me. Of course you can change your opinion, but not inside of a half year as for a big decision like that. Maybe I'm alone with this opinion but such a thing I don't keep for credible.

Leonie
24-05-2005, 07:33 PM
Ever considered the possibility that Keira just didn't want everyone to know she was looking for a place in Hollywood to avoid all sorts of British tabloid trash? Also, she has a right to change her mind - it's not like she owes us an explanation, just because we know who she is and can read about her life on a daily basis, because she's constantly harrassed by the media. That might even be the reason she's off to L.A. - the British tabloids will leave her alone, and over there, she's just another star...

For some strange reason, I'm hoping she'll stay in England, but it's logical she'd like to have a place of her own in an area where she spends so much time. I doubt it is a permanent home - her family and friends are still in England, and as far as I can see, they're a close bunch :)

Digital_Ice
24-05-2005, 08:33 PM
now theres some damn good logic and reasoning that i completley agree with!

Kendorjia
24-05-2005, 10:00 PM
indeed good logic, however living in the states will not diminish her appearance in tabloids, on the contrary, i think she'll be in more as now she'll prob attend more social parties and high society gatherings... And you know how the us are... they'll make something small look larger than life...

Also, if Keira didn't want everyone to know about her plans of moving to hollywood? why would "she" (or whoever else) make it public even weeks before the actual event takes place? It is possible, as i said, there is a lot of logic in your way of thinkin as di mentioned... but does the real reason matter? as long as it's her choice i'm with her

I dunno, as far as i'm concerned, it's her life and she can and will do whatever she wants, i want her to stay in england, but who am i to tell her what to do

you go Keira, you live your life instead of having it lived by others ;)

Digital_Ice
28-05-2005, 12:03 AM
This is an old article... but i though people might find it interesting

The Mirror - 20 May 2005
NO JACKET REQUIRED
Self-confessed "moody cow" Keira Knightley talks about her debut nude scene in her chilling new film The Jacket
By Pippa Smith
She's best known as the bright young thing who wowed audiences across the world in Bend It Like Beckham and Pirates Of The Caribbean.

But Keira Knightley will shock many of her admirers with her most testing role to date in her new film, the thriller The Jacket.

As well as appearing naked for the first time, Keira plays an alcoholic called Jackie - a woman on the edge of despair, wallowing in deep poverty and crushed by failure.

"It might surprise some people but I'm naturally melancholic," says the Teddington-born actress. "I'm pessimistic. Basically, I can be a moody cow. Anyone who says they haven't been to these dark places is a liar. I think we have all known what that is like at some time or another."

Out now, The Jacket is a chilling film about a military veteran who goes on a journey into the future where he can foresee his death. He is left with questions that could ultimately save his life and those he loves.

Knightley uses a convincing American accent in the movie which sees her broadening her acting canvas in an ambitious move away from popcorn movies.

The Jacket, in which she lines up alongside Oscar winner Adrien Brody, gives Keira the chance to prove wrong the critics who have cast doubts on her abilities, based on her performances so far.

"I think that's fair enough," she says, when pressed on the subject of bad reviews. "I haven't completely proved myself as an actress yet. You do big Hollywood blockbusters - your Pirates Of The Caribbeans and King Arthurs - and what they want is absolute perfection, like in a dream.

The make-up is always perfect, the hair is always perfect and, in a way, you are just a face and an unreal being.

"I love going to the cinema and watching that kind of thing, but I think, to prove yourself as an actress, you have to touch on reality. And sometimes that's a harsh reality."

Keira, who turned 20 in March, is unlikely to be swayed by the glitz and glamour of working in Hollywood. Her parents are actor Will Knightley and playwright Sharman Macdonald, and she grew up in a showbiz environment.

She's just as likely to be spotted munching popcorn at her local multiplex as walking the red carpet at some glitzy Tinseltown bash.

Keira hates being treated as a celebrity, preferring to watch football - she supports West Ham - hanging out with her friends and spending her time with her boyfriend, Irish model Jamie Dornan.

They met while shooting an ad for royal jewellers Asprey in New York almost two years ago. Apart from a brief split last year when work got in the way of romance, the couple have enjoyed a happy relationship which, in turn, has been crucial for Knightley as she copes with the pressures of fame

"Jamie's great," she says. "I'm mad about him. He keeps me sane when things get stressful. We always have fun together."

Since her big screen debut in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace six years ago, Keira has had to get used to being recognised in the street and does her best to cope with it gracefully. "A guy at the airport came up to me recently and said, 'I'm really sorry, can I kiss you?'" she chuckles. "So I let him."

It's not surprising that Knightley is so bemused by the fans who flock to catch a glimpse of her at premieres. She can't even watch films she's in without cringing at her own image.

"I loathe watching myself," she says, wincing. "When you see your own ugly mug staring back at you, it's a jarring sensation."

There's even more of Keira on show than normal in The Jacket in which she agreed to a nude sex scene with Brody, although she drew the line at baring her bottom, instead handpicking a body double to stand in for her.

"I don't have a problem with nudity in films," she says, dismissing any suggestion that she is prudish. "Sometimes it can get the point across in a very powerful way. I was nervous, but it was fine. I didn't want to show my bottom, but what girl does? The top half is fine but I have to say I'm amazed at the uproar over just getting your tits out.

"But you can't be intimidated by anything on a film set and you have to get over that pretty quickly. There's always that moment where you go, "Oh my God, what am I doing here?" But you can't let your nerves get in your way."

KnightleyNews
27-06-2005, 10:57 AM
STORMY KNIGHT
Drunken Danes spoil Keira's love-in

SHIVER me timbers! Keira Knightley paid £3,000 for a comfy spot at Glastonbury - and still had to deal with a couple of bladdered yobs.

The 20-year-old Pirates Of The Caribbean beauty had taken her Irish model beau Jamie Dornan to the Somerset site for what was supposed to be a cosy love-in with the occasional band thrown in for good measure.

Instead Keira ended up doing a runner when some boozed-up festival-goers went out of their way to make her life miserable.

Our mole at the exclusive Marks Bar party, which also hosted supermodels Jodie Kidd and Erin O'Connor, tells us: "It was an invitation-only event but somehow these two drunk Danish guys managed to get in.

"Everyone had been having a great night until they arrived and Keira and Jamie were acting more lovey-dovey than ever."

We're told the dopey Danes sat at a table close to the Bend It Like Beckham babe and started flashing their torches in her eyes. Our informer goes on: "For some reason they picked on Keira and seemed hell-bent on getting a reaction. They were taking the p*** out of her voice and being extremely loud and annoying."

Keira, who had been slumming it in a luxury camper van at Somerset's Windinglake Farm, turned up with her hunky boyfriend at about 11pm.

The pair snuggled up together on the chairs outside before joining pals to celebrate a birthday. But the two yobs caught sight of the Teddington-born star, and when a table near to her became available they moved in.

We're told: "Keira smiled and tolerated them at first, but when they talked so loudly over her conversation, she started looking daggers at them.

"After the torch shining incident and the rude way they were teasing her about her posh voice it all got too much".

Poor Keira then insisted Jamie and her pals leave the party immediately - and took them off to a soiree at swanky new bar Hey Joe. But the the not-so-great Danes were in hot pursuit...

"Soon after she arrived the guys who'd upset her so much at the first party pitched up. They went to sit opposite her but Keira wasn't having any of it," we're told.

"She could probably sense a confrontation brewing so she grabbed Jamie and left. She made the best of the rest of the weekend - but this definitely put a dampener on things."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/3amcontent/tm_objectid=15668923%26method=full%26siteid=94762% 26headline=stormy%2dknight-name_page.html

KnightleyNews
26-08-2005, 10:27 PM
Three new magazines scanned and uploaded:
http://www.keiraweb.com/mags.html

Paul

keirarox85
29-08-2005, 07:11 PM
Not sure whether this has been posted but...

Keira is featured on the cover of the October 2005 issue of UK Elle Magazine!
She looks amazing on the cover, she has a yellow dress on and new hair extentions - I would scan the pics but unfortunately I don't have a scanner!

Anyway, look out for it in stores now!

a ring in return
06-09-2005, 09:04 PM
She's also on the cover of the october 05 issue of cosmo and marie claire.

Leonie
10-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Today's Daily Mail has a two page feature on Keira and the Boyfriend Dilemma. I've got the article, will type it sometime soon, and scan it if I can.

Digital_Ice
26-09-2005, 05:47 PM
KNIGHTLEY LIBERATED BY SEX IN NEW MOVIE

KEIRA KNIGHTLEY loves being naked in movies and thanks her British upbringing for her liberated attitude.

The 20-year-old actress stripped off to shoot steamy sex scenes in new movie DOMINO with hunky co-star EDGAR RAMIREZ.

She says, "I'm British, so the whole sex scene, and being topless is fine.

"In fact, to be able to do that in the middle of the desert was actually quite liberating. And to do it with a beautiful Venezuelan - well, let's just say I'm a lucky girl!"

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/knightley%20liberated%20by%20sex%20in%20new%20movi e

Digital_Ice
26-09-2005, 05:49 PM
1000 flock to see movie church

A VILLAGE church used in the making of a Hollywood film saw a record 1000 visitors when it opened its doors for a special event.

Bangour Village Church, used in the filming of The Jacket starring Keira Knightley and produced by George Clooney, was open on Sunday, September 17 as part of the Scotland-wide Doors Open Day event, which allows people to visit many buildings which are usually off-limits to the public.

The open days are co-ordinated by the Scottish Civic Trust and supported by Historic Scotland, as part of Scotland's contribution to European Heritage Days. The Bangour buildings, including the church and hospital, are set to be developed into a new village complex.

Andrew Burrell, managing director of developer the Burrell Company, said: "The Doors Open Day event was a huge hit amongst people who were interested in the beauty and architecture of the church and also in the future plans for the area, which were very positively received."

The West Lothian church was built in commemoration of the role the hospital and its staff played during the First World War as an ecumenical place of worship. The former hospital, which was used initially for treating psychiatric patients before acting as a military hospital during both the first and second world wars, is set to be converted into more than 100 homes.

http://news.scotsman.com/edinburgh.cfm?id=1997022005

Digital_Ice
26-09-2005, 05:52 PM
It is a truth universally acknowledged that any starlet determined to conquer Hollywood has to first crack the red-carpet dress code. When Keira Knightley stepped out at the London premiere of Pride and Prejudice recently, her transformation into a star was complete.

Wearing a stunning purple silk empire-line gown by Matthew Williamson, a wristful of bangles and a mane of tousled hair extensions (worn while filming the sequel to Pirates of the Caribbean), she looked every inch a luminous film star and made it on to the front pages of every tabloid and broadsheet in the land.

Not that Keira needs much help in securing notable film roles. It is hard to believe that the 20-year-old actress first came to the fore wearing a totally unflattering pair of white polyester shorts and a football shirt for her role in Bend It Like Beckham just four years ago.

With an unmade-up face (and legs made for the football pitch, rather than the red carpet), she wasn't an obvious candidate to become the film industry's Next Big Thing. And, while perfectly pretty, she didn't look like the kind of woman who would soon be enjoying multi-million-dollar Hollywood roles and prestigious modelling contracts for the royal jeweller Asprey.

But whether consciously or not, the actress has definitely undergone some well-thought-out makeovers. Not so long ago, the West Ham supporter turned up to events wearing ultra-low-slung jeans and crop tops (she has admitted that the only part of her body that she actually likes is her stomach). It was a look she tried at the Los Angeles premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean in 2003, with disastrous results. She is, by her own admission, a "complete scruff" off-screen, wearing slouchy androgynous clothes and knitted caps.

But with a few blockbusters under her belt, playing everything from Guinevere in King Arthur to a demure newly-wed in Richard Curtis's Love Actually, it was inevitable that Keira would have to give in to the inevitable Hollywood makeover.

These days, for glitzy galas at least, she has ditched her former look for far more sultry ensembles and is likely to be spotted at parties in demure cocktail dresses and subtle accessories.

Despite the overwhelming attention recently bestowed upon her - she won a slew of awards last year, from Glamour magazine's Most Glamorous Film Actress to the Sexiest Film Star of All Time in Empire magazine - Keira seems to take it all in her stride.

Whether modelling Asprey's new Keira line of jewellery or posing for paparazzi on the red carpet, she is a breath of fresh air in an industry not famed for its firm grip on reality.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/main.jhtml?xml=/fashion/2005/09/26/efvictim24.xml&sSheet=/fashion/2005/09/26/ixfashright.html

Digital_Ice
02-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Keira's sex talk with mum
Sexy star ... reveals details of family life

By SIMON ROTHSTEIN
Sun Online

STUNNING actress Keira Knightley has confessed that she's so close to her mum they smoke and talk about sex together.

Sexy Keira, who is set to hit screens shortly in new action movie Domino, told America's Esquire magazine: "My mum's a bit mental - in a good way.

"She's this chilled out hippy mother. I haven't seen Meet The Fockers, but I have a feeling she's like the Barbara Streisand character.

"My house was always the one where my brother and his mates would be drinking when they shouldn't be.

"Mum and I would always talk about sex."

Keira, who also did a sexy boob-revealing shoot for the magazine, added:

"She'd come up to my room and have me roll her cigarettes and then tell me I had to have one with her."

"Not the typical mother-daughter thing. But we're extremely close."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2004580002-2005450540,00.html

Digital_Ice
03-10-2005, 01:58 PM
A romantic triumph
Published on 03/10/2005

PRIDE AND PREJUDICE

It was with great unease that I approached this adaption of Jane Austen's novel. Firstly, not a fan of the costume drama (although Sense and Sensibility was alright) and secondly, not a fan of Keira Knightley (playing the main character Elizabeth Bennet) believing her be just a pretty face. However, perhaps this film has found a niche, namely the MTV generation who have only read Jane Austen as part of the English syllabus and those who have not seen the lengthly BBC adaption. For fans of the aforementioned may reject this remake purely down to fond memories. It would be like accepting a Lord of the Rings not done by Peter Jackson.

Another reason I was not keen was that, inarguably, Pride and Prejudice astonishingly seems to provide the blueprint to all romantic comedies ever made. A genre that has become a tiring retread with the only difference being the pretty actress that plays the "kook" who still manages to get her guy despite being a rambling mess (in Hollywood guys find this attractive!). Surely, it was tongue in cheek that Helen Fielding's Mark Darcy was played by the same character as Mr Darcy (Colin Firth) as they are virtually the same guy in different films.

However, all pre-expectations put aside I was pleasantly surprised. Constantly witty and brilliantly played by all involved. Even Keira is acceptable and MacFadyn (Mr Darcy) will continue to garner female followers to add to his Spooks fans. This is old news to the fans but this may have the power to convert cynics. In these situations it is inevitable that the comical supporting actors steal the show as the main characters are bogged down by the romantic element. In particular, Brenda Blethyn as Mrs Bennet who is desperate to marry her daughters off and for her next drink. Also, Tom Hollander as Mr Collins who provokes laughs, revulsion and pity as the awkward and desperate cousin. One particular scene that had me riveted was the rain soaked meeting and clashing of feelings between headstrong Elizabeth and emotionally stunted Darcy.

But their clashes and misunderstandings are the best part and the ending reverts to cheesy romantic gestures (watch Mr Darcy emerge from the fog!) and happy endings. If you can get past the slight whiff of Stilton (that invariably lurks round all romantic comedies) and the old fashioned traditions, this even has something for viewers that aren't helpless romantics.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/nightlife/viewarticle.aspx?id=287894

Digital_Ice
04-10-2005, 02:00 AM
Strong women come of age in Hollywood

KEIRA KNIGHTLEY IN DOMINO (opens 27 Oct)

NOTHING says tough chick more than a woman with a machine gun and a pair of handcuffs.

Well, English rose Keira Knightley, 20, plays one in the US$30 million ($51m) action adventure Domino.

The film is loosely based on the life of Domino Harvey, a former British model-turned-bounty hunter in Los Angeles.

But Knightley is not new to the 'bossy boots' roles - she was the tomboy footballer in her breakout role in Bend It Like Beckham.

She was an unconventional damsel-in-distress in Pirates Of The Caribbean.

As one of literature's earliest feminist heroines, Elizabeth Bennet, in yet another version of the classic Jane Austen novel Pride And Prejudice, she again plays a character with rapier-sharp wit.

For Domino, Knightley hacked her hair, dyed it blonde and got tattoos.

She also strips to shoot some steamy sex scenes with co-star Edgar Ramirez.

She told the National Ledger: 'I'm British, so the whole sex scene and being topless is fine. In fact, to be able to do that in the middle of the desert was actually quite liberating.'

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/show/story/0,4136,95408,00.html

Digital_Ice
04-10-2005, 04:59 PM
Knightley Talks (a Lot) About Pirates
Source: Edward Douglas October 4, 2005

In 2003, 19-year-old Brit Keira Knightley found her career raised to a new level when she starred in Disney's action film Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. Since then, she's kept busy, especially this fall, when she's headlining two new movies, director Tony Scott's Domino (opening next week) and a new version of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.

In the latter, she actually shares a first name with the character she made famous in "Pirates," one that she's spent a lot of time as this year while filming two back-to-back sequels. While in New York to promote Pride and Prejudice, Miss Knightley talked to ComingSoon.net about the sequels, as well as expounding on the popularity of the original film

"It is my life now. There is nothing else," she joked. "We're doing them both at the same time, and we were halfway through as of yesterday. We were at 100 days yesterday, and we have at least another 100 to go. We've been going since February, but we've had about a month and a half off for hiatus because it's hurricane season."

We asked Knightley why she thought the first movie was such a hugely popular hit. "I have no idea. It's still a mystery," she admitted. "What's amazing is that there's such a wealth of stories there--you know, the pirating stories--and if you can tap into it and if you can do it well then it's just that spark of imagination. There's all those films when you're a kid that you kind of remember as part of your childhood that you've sort of lived through. I'm thinking like a "Wizard of Oz" or something like that so many people go 'Yes, that was me when I was 7 or 11,' and I think, in a funny kind of way, with a lot of kids, Pirates has managed to do that. What's clever about it is that it's got that thing where it's got humor for adults and it's got humor for kids,and the kids won't get the stuff that the adults are laughing at. I think in a funny way, that makes the best kind of kids' movie."

On suggesting that the popularity of Johnny Depp's outlandish performance as Captain Jack Sparrow might have a lot to do with the first film's success, she agreed, "Oh, absolutely. It wasn't written like that. The character, as it was written, was completely straight, so that character is entirely his and Gore Verbinski's. They totally came up with that and none of us knew if it would work when we were doing it, because it was so off-the-wall and so not what was on the page. It's daring, and talk about risks, a.) you're making a pirate movie, that hasn't worked in God knows how long, b.) you're making a film based on a Disney theme park ride and c.) you got Johnny Depp going mental over there, and you're just thinking, 'How is this going to work?' I think you've got to take the risks. There's no point playing it safe, because either you'll get bored or the audiences will get bored. Sometimes, you're going to make mistakes, and that's fine, but you have to take the risks. I think Pirates is one of the prime examples of that with Johnny Depp's performance, and part of the reason that people love it so much is that you watch it and go 'Gutsy, really gutsy'"

Of course, we wondered how it's been for her to return to the ships and swords and corsets again, especially since so much has changed in the three years since making the first movie. "It's very strange," she told us. "It's the first time I've ever had to go back to a role. It's weird because I'm my biggest critic by a mile. You give me my worst review ever and times it by about ten, that's where I put myself. And it's a huge fault. So therefore, I possibly hate every performance I've done and I would like to completely change it, so it's really difficult therefore to go back to a performance that I'd like to do completely differently and try to keep that continuity with it 'cause you suddenly go 'Oh, but I wish I hadn't done that, and I wish she had been like this.' What's kind of nice is that it's three years on, so she's grown up a bit, so I can perhaps fix some of those things."

"It's a totally different beast [than Pride and Prejudice]," she continued. "It's a spectacle, and it's a totally different headspace, because it's a marathon and you've got to keep going. Sometimes you feel yourself slipping out of it, and you have to keep going again. It kind of makes it exciting, as well."

And as far as any skepticism people might have about them making a sequel to such a terrific movie, Knightley slyly said, "You have no idea what's going to happen in the second one, and I promise you, it will surprise you."

In the meantime, you can see Knightley in Pride and Prejudice, which opens in select cities on November 18. You'll have to wait until next summer for the first sequel, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=11430

Digital_Ice
04-10-2005, 05:12 PM
KNIGHTLEY'S ACTING CONFIDENCE BOOSTED BY DENCH

British actress KEIRA KNIGHTLEY was stunned when she worked alongside DAME JUDI DENCH, when the legendary actress forgot her lines.

Knightley was terrified of shooting a scene with Dench in PRIDE AND PREJUDICE, but soon regained her confidence when she realised the stalwart star was only human.

Knightley tells British movie magazine Empire, "I was absolutely s**tting myself before meeting Judi Dench.

"But you know what happened? She couldn't remember her lines.

"And she's getting quite embarrassed and a bit flustered. But still being lovely, and amazing and fantastic.

"You just go, 'Ooh, okay, I'm not that s**t, because if she does it and still gives great performances, then maybe I can too."

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/knightleys%20acting%20confidence%20boosted%20by%20 dench

Digital_Ice
06-10-2005, 02:52 AM
Jessa Crispin Worries For Keira Knightley
October 05, 2005
By Jessa Crispin

I would like to issue a plea to every director in the world: Stop it with the Pride and Prejudice.

I understand that it’s an enduring love story: Boy’s a jerk, girl’s a twit, but they fall in love against the odds and somehow make it work. Very interesting. But two adaptations in a year? Just how desperate are filmmakers for content?

I never particularly liked Jane Austen. Back during my Bronte phase, someone suggested I read Austen as an obvious complement. I picked up Emma and spent the entire book wondering when it was going to get interesting or good. I mean, there has to be a reason why these books have such a following, right? But it lacked the dark streak of a good Bronte or Hardy or Wharton, authors I was obsessed with at the time. All of Jane Austen’s women seemed to be twittering fools.

When I saw there was to be yet another adaptation of Pride and Prejudice, this one with Keira Knightley, I began to wonder if it was just me. Perhaps I had read Austen at an inappropriate time and couldn’t fully appreciate it, or perhaps it was those Jane Austen fans – the ones who claim that Jane Austen birthed chick lit and all things horrible – sullied my opinion. I decided to read the book for myself, and see if there was a reason the book keeps getting filmed.

I got to page 108 before I gave up. It was well written and the social commentary about inheritance laws was vaguely interesting. But the cheerful ending loomed: everyone married well, everyone financially secure despite her femininity. Give me a good social decline ending in suicide a la House of Mirth any day.

But maybe if I watched the movies I would get it. I’m much more forgiving about the content of movies I’ll watch than books I’ll read and Lord knows, in moments of weakness, I have gone to see bad romantic comedies. As I made my way through Bride and Prejudice (a completely worthless faux-Bollywood adaptation whose only redeeming quality is the three or four minutes of Naveen Andrews as the Mr. Bingley character), Bridget Jones, the Lawrence Olivier version, and the BBC miniseries, I thought about all of those women who see themselves in Elizabeth Bennett or in her modern update, Bridget. Even Keira Knightley, in an interview with Empire Magazine, stated the reason she wanted to do the movie was because she saw herself as Elizabeth Bennett.

That worries me. Isn’t the point of Elizabeth Bennett that she’s completely mediocre? Not a great mind, not a great wit, not a great beauty—something every adaptation except for Bridget Jones seems skip over. Can’t someone adapt a book like Jane Eyre, where the title character actually makes a decision and does something? Jane Eyre has yet to receive even a slightly acceptable adaptation, what with the great beauties that keep being cast in the role.

It would be a more difficult pitch, I know. “Yes, they end up together in the end, but one of ‘em is now blind and missing a hand.” But it’s important to give the Keira Knightleys of the world someone to look up to other than a mediocre heroine.

JESSA CRISPIN is the editor and founder of Bookslut.com

http://www.thebookstandard.com/bookstandard/community/commentary_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001260587

Digital_Ice
06-10-2005, 02:13 PM
The Knightley News
The star of Domino enters the post-rookie phase of her career

Bob Thompson
National Post

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Forgive the usually pleasant Keira Knightley, for she is slightly miffed. The source of her apparent annoyance is an item in one of those celebrity magazines. The confounding tidbit isn't about her personal life, which she refuses to discuss. Her frustration focuses on the description of an up-and-comer.

"The magazine calls this actress 'the next Keira Knightley,' " says Knightley, pretending to be righteously indignant. "And I'm thinking, 'Hold on, am I past my prime already? I'm only 20 years old.' "

That's right, 20. It seems as though she should be older, especially now that she qualifies as a benchmark for success in the film game. As she heads into her post-rookie phase, she can look back on the kind of career most actresses would be proud to call their own, then call it quits. She has much more to come, however.

And imagine, Knightley had such a low-profile debut, as Queen Amidala's look-alike decoy in 1999's Star Wars: Episode I -- The Phantom Menace. A great deal has happened since then, and not much of it low-profile.

The co-star of the 2002 indie hit Bend It Like Beckham was catapulted into the limelight as Elizabeth Swann in 2003's Pirates of the Caribbean opposite heartthrobs Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp. It's a career-making part she repeats in Pirates 2 and 3, currently shooting in and around the Bahamas.

But she's quick to point out there's more to her thespian talents than swishing and swashing in a family film. Having said that, she proudly admits she recently survived a scene lashed to a vessel's mast. Moviegoers, however, won't get to see those Knightley performances for many months.

In the meantime, her fans will be able to enjoy two upcoming cinema projects. One is the film version of the Jane Austen novel Pride & Prejudice. The movie is already a hit in Europe and will open in North American theatres next month.

For those who need immediate gratification, there is her title role in Domino, in which Knightley plays Domino Harvey, a former model-turned-bounty hunter who famously called actor Laurence Harvey her dad.

Opening next Friday, the Tony Scott movie is more a tribute than a biopic of Harvey, who died in Los Angeles three months ago from an overdose of painkillers. And while Domino, the action flick, takes many narrative liberties, there is no denying Knightley holds her own alongside Christopher Walken, Mickey Rourke and Edgar Martinez.

Indeed, the stark contrast between her portrayals in Domino and Pride & Prejudice underscore two things: Knightley's many talents and her need to challenge those talents. In the case of Domino, that's despite her lack of preparation.

"I had four days off between finishing Pride & Prejudice in the English countryside and starting Domino in L.A.," says Knightley, recalling her tight schedule. "So I was there towards the end of Pride & Prejudice, having fun practising nunchuks for Domino on this proper bed in period clothes."

Confusing? A little. But then Knightley grew up in a less-than-typical environment with her London actor dad, Will Knightley, and her actress-turned-playwright mother, Sharman Macdonald. In fact, when Knightley decided to quit school at 16 to pursue acting full-time, there wasn't much her theatre-trained parents could say.

She did some work on British TV and took smaller parts in films for a few years. Then it was the double bill of Bend It Like Beckham and Pirates. And there was fame and all the good and bad that goes with it.

For Knightley, the bad is her lost privacy, although she does a better job than most at keeping her personal life to herself. The good, she says, is getting offered roles such as Domino and Pride & Prejudice. She just wishes they wouldn't come so close together.

Meaning her planned three-week bounty-hunter training became a two-day seminar. Extensive firearms research became a few days of target shooting. And assorted meetings with Domino Harvey, became a couple of hellos, although Knightley emphasizes "that I'm not doing a direct characterization of her." What she is attempting to define is somebody "who is going down one path, then takes an opposite turn."

That was the Knightley take on Domino. "Here's this girl, part of Hollywood royalty, who has everything," Knightley says. "And she walks away from it -- a strong, brave, crazy kind of move."

And if the theme wasn't crazy enough for Knightley, Scott decided to confirm it by shooting some of Knightley's bounty-hunter establishing scenes with L.A. gang members.

"Yeah," says Knightley. "Real gang bangers. And they were great to my mom on set. Like, she would ask them, 'What's this tattoo mean, and this one?' And they would explain. And then they would go and improvise scenes."

Their ominous presence made the shoot a little different. But no big deal for Knightley, who even films a sex scene later in the movie. That was no big deal, either.

"I'm European," she says. "I don't have that conservative thing. It was actually liberating to be topless in the middle of the desert."

She smiles. "Put on some sunscreen," Knightley says, "and I was ready to go."

http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/artslife/story.html?id=b979bfed-a771-4d46-ae59-a61ea501ba6b

Digital_Ice
07-10-2005, 03:23 PM
Keira: I have J.Lo bum

MOVIE star Keira Knightley has confessed the real reason why she hired a butt double for her new film – because she has a 'J.Lo bum'.

The super-slim actress believes she has a huge, curvy behind just like the Latin beauty, so she didn’t want to bare it in Domino.

Keira explained to Glamour magazine: “Believe me, I have a J.Lo bum!”

The Pride and Prejudice beauty has also vowed never to wear a mini-skirt because she hates her long legs.

She moaned: “I hate my legs so I can’t wear those denim mini-skirts with cowboy boots that seem to be the craze at the moment. It just doesn’t work for me, much as I think it’s cool.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2004580002-2005460681,00.html

Digital_Ice
07-10-2005, 03:30 PM
Keira Knightley Misses the Pride and Prejudice Sisterhood

Keira Knightley has recently confessed she misses her on-screen sisters Rosamund Pike and Carey Mulligan, who played Jane and Kitty in the box office hit Pride and Prejudice.

The 20-year-old British actress was thrilled she finally had the chance to work with women her own age.

Knightley, who is currently filming for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and Pirates of the Caribbean 3, got accustomed to appearing with older co-stars and saw the Jane Austin’s book adaptation as a chance to befriend with the other young actresses.

"They've both become good friends of mine now and we talk all the time.
For the first time in my life I worked with women of my own age, and we were all at the same life stage and had the same interests”, the actress confessed.

"I rarely meet people my age at work, so it was really lovely.", Keira added

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Keira-Knightley-Misses-the-Pride-and-Prejudice-Sisterhood-10044.shtml

Digital_Ice
07-10-2005, 03:33 PM
KNIGHTLEY: 'I HATE MY ACTING'

British actress KEIRA KNIGHTLEY hates watching herself on screen because she thinks she can't act.

The PRIDE AND PREJUDICE beauty is her own worst critic and insists there's nothing more painful than watching her own performances.

She says, "I'm my biggest critic by a mile. You give me the worst review ever and times it by about 10 - that's where I put myself. It's a huge fault.

And Knightley is such a perfectionist she'd like the opportunity to re-make some of her films, including PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, whose third installment she is currently shooting.

She says, "It's really difficult to go back to a performance that I'd now like to do completely differently.

"Suddenly you think, 'Oh, I wish I hadn't done that and I wish she had been like this."

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/knightley%20i%20hate%20my%20acting

Digital_Ice
07-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Jamie reveals the pain of Keira split
Ulster model speaks exclusively to Tele

By Maureen Coleman

07 October 2005
The Ulster-born former boyfriend of leading actress Keira Knightley has spoken for the first time about the breakdown of their two-year relationship.

In an exclusive interview with the Belfast Telegraph, Jamie Dornan (23), from Holywood in Co Down, said the split earlier this summer had been "very hard" on both of them but that they remained "the best of friends".

And he did not rule out the possibility of a reconciliation with the star of Pride and Prejudice in the future.

Jamie, a model, musician and actor, first fell for the stunning actress when they met during a photo-shoot in August 2003.

The pair enjoyed a high-profile relationship and were often photographed together at glitzy movie premieres and awards ceremonies.

Keira (21) also spent time at Jamie's family home in Holywood.

But the romance broke down this summer, prompting media speculation as to who ended it and if a third person was involved.

Keira was later linked with Bodyrockers musician Kaz James - but she denied even knowing him.

Speaking to the Belfast Telegraph, Jamie said he still cared for Keira and was in constant contact with her.

"When a two-year relationship breaks down it's hard for both parties and it certainly wasn't easy for us," he said.

"But Keira is still completely my best friend in the world and I have so much respect for her.

"It would be a cop out to say it was all down to our work schedules. Yes, there was an element of that, but there had to be other things too.

"Who knows what will happen in the future? We still talk to each other all the time. I have absolutely no idea what the future holds, anything could happen, but I'm still only 23.

"When the story broke about Kaz James I was very angry. Keira hadn't even met him let alone gone out with him, yet he was claiming to be involved with her.

"Supposedly, he'd been saying the same thing about Kate Moss the week before."

Since the break-up, Jamie's been concentrating on his musical career and has released a download single, Fairytale, with his close friend, David Alexander, who hails from Belfast.

The boys perform under the name Sons of Jim and have already supported KT Tunstall on tour.

Jamie said: "The song's lyrics of Fairytale are quite heart-felt but I don't really feel any sadder singing them now than I did before.

"I guess some feelings might creep in at some stage, but not just right now.

"Myself and Dave wrote the song together when we were both about 18 and it was one of the first songs Keira heard us play.

"She's been very supportive of my music and has come to our gigs many times."

As well as playing in a band, Jamie has also recently signed a three-year modelling contract with Christian Dior.

And an acting career beckons for the handsome young star, who landed a debut role in a new movie, Marie Antoinette, this year.

The movie, starring Kirsten Dunst, is due for release in 2006.

Jamie said: "I'm really busy at the moment with everything, but music is where I really want to make it.

"If we sell 20 million albums then great, but we're not doing it for the money. We just really enjoy making music and performing.

"Acting was fun and I'd love to do another film, we'll just have to wait and see what happens."

And has he seen Keira in Pride and Prejudice yet?

"I've seen it about five times," he laughed.

Sons of Jim will be performing Fairytale on the Kelly Show on UTV tonight

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/film_tv/story.jsp?story=664252

Digital_Ice
08-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Keira Knightley Overcomes Fear Of Machine Guns In Exclusive 'Domino' Clip
'But I still didn't like them,' actress says.

Reinventing the image of 20-year-old, swizzle-stick-thin women everywhere, actress Keira Knightley becomes the living personification of the word "badass" in "Domino," in which she whacks more behinds than a hospital delivery-room physician.

In this exclusive clip, Knightley (as the titular fashion model turned-bounty-hunter) and deadly co-workers Ed (Mickey Rourke) and Choco (Edgar Ramirez) get into a "True Romance"-type standoff with the real-life 18th Street Gang, playing themselves.

As you're watching the scene, feel free to search for any indication of Knightley's genuine hatred of firearms — and the actress' skill at keeping it concealed. "Machine guns absolutely freaked me out," she revealed recently. "I burst into tears the first time I shot it, because I had two of them and [people should only hold one at a time], and I had one in each hand and the force knocked me over. So I basically completely lost control. We had blanks in them, not live rounds, but even so, it freaked me out so that I burst into tears."

"When we actually came to do the scene, I was meant to jump up and [director] Tony [Scott] shouted 'Action!' and my knees locked, and I just physically couldn't make myself stand up. And so he just said, 'Listen, I'll shout action, and you start screaming, and I guarantee you'll be able to do it if you start to scream a lot.' And he was right, so there you go. But I still didn't like them."

Knightley, Rourke, Ramirez and the "Domino" supporting cast of random notables including Lucy Liu, Christopher Walken, Macy Gray and the dynamic duo of "90210" alums Brian Austin Green and Ian Ziering arrive in theaters October 14.

For a full-length feature on "Domino," see "Keira Knightley Scarred On Set Of 'Domino,' And Proud Of It."

Check out everything we've got on "Domino."

Visit Movies on MTV.com for more from Hollywood, including news, interviews, trailers and more.

— Larry Carroll

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1511024/story.jhtml

There are some links to videos etc, but i cant be arsed to recreate them, so if you want to see them, visiti the page.

Digital_Ice
11-10-2005, 07:49 AM
Keira Knightley: Miss Swear-alot
Posted by: Paul Heath
Source: The New York Post
Date: 11th October 2005

Keira Knightley has revealed to the New York Post that she love nothing more than a good curse and that she would strip off for a movie!!! Woah..

"Bollocks is my favourite curse word, and tits," she said.

"Oh and c*** is a good one, too.

"I'm really not very tough. I'm a wimp, in fact. But, I do like to swear a lot."

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/article/11100501.php

Digital_Ice
12-10-2005, 02:18 AM
KNIGHTLEY UPSET HER BUST IS NO LONGER BEING PAINTED IN

Actress KEIRA KNIGHTLEY is disappointed with her bust in the PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN sequels - because make-up artists have stopped painting it in.

The British beauty underwent a 45-minute make-up session daily on the set of the original movie to give her flat chest a boost, but the welcome treat has been ditched in the new films.

She says, "I haven't grown. It's awful. It was one of the real reasons that I was so excited to do another Pirates... I got my cleavage painted in again, and they didn't end up doing it.

"They do it with a paint brush and lots of different colours and you shade and it's great. I wish I could do it every morning."

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/knightley%20upset%20her%20bust%20is%20no%20longer% 20being%20painted%20in

Digital_Ice
12-10-2005, 02:22 AM
KNIGHTLEY'S PHOBIA OF MOVIE PREMIERES

Movie star KEIRA KNIGHTLEY finds movie premieres terrifying experiences because she is too shy to cope with the high levels of attention she receives at them.

Normally an open and confident character, the PRIDE AND PREJUDICE actress dreads having crowds of people gawping at her.

Knightley, 20, says, "I'm just not good at premieres. I literally have to be dragged to them - they're absolutely terrifying.

"I have the car icy-cold because I break out in a sweat. I become soaked. But I have to go. They're sort of integral to my job.

"I don't know why I react that way."

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/knightleys%20phobia%20of%20movie%20premieres

Digital_Ice
15-10-2005, 09:41 PM
Keira's a red carpet queen
Star reveals grown-up glamour at premiere

British beauty Keira Knightley has certainly grown up - at least on the red carpet.

The actress who made her name as a tomboy footie fan in Bend It Like Beckham now shows off more than her passing prowess on the showbiz style circuit

A sophisticated star, she can command a leading role and looked stunning as she stepped out for the premiere of her latest film, Domino.

Dressed in cool and chic black with her hair swept back she seemed at ease with the increasing clamour to be near her and the attention of the waiting photographers.

She is certainly the success story of the year among Britain's A-list with a string of high profile and successful films to her name.

the recent Pride & Prejudice confirmed her status as the choice for period dramas while the current Domino will aim to establish her as a possible contender in the sought-after action flicks....

Shropshire Star - Wednesday October 12th

Digital_Ice
23-10-2005, 09:15 AM
Keira enjoys film sex

Keira Knightley has revealed how she felt lucky filming the sex scenes for her latest film, Domino.

The sultry star, who plays a model-cum-bounty hunter in the new movie, said that while many actresses find it problematic filming sex scenes, she felt quite comfortable doing it.

The ever-candid 19-year-old told the Daily Mirror: "Filming that sex scene in the middle of the desert, being topless with a very beautiful Venezuelan guy? I think I was very lucky!"

So did the Venezualan chap, no doubt, but Knightley did concede that the experience wasn't without its drawbacks.

She admitted: "A camera went round Edgar Ramirez and I while we were acting the scene, with the director Tony Scott yelling, 'Go on! F**k! F**k! I was like, 'This is so undignified'."

However, Keira may not have enjoyed it so much had she been opposite the rubberised jowls of seasoned love-machine, Mickey Rourke, who was co-starring in the film.

The movie, which has received mixed reviews from critics, sees Knightley embarking on a career as a bounty hunter, alongside Rourke and Ramirez. But as well as hunting down bail-absconders, Keira also shows off her body in a raunchy striptease.

No shame, that girl, no shame.

http://www.inthenews.co.uk/celebrity/film/keira-enjoys-film-sex-$15072211.htm

Digital_Ice
28-10-2005, 01:31 AM
KNIGHTLEY BACK WITH DORNAN

Hollywood actress KEIRA KNIGHTLEY's relationship with on/off boyfriend JAMIE DORNAN appears to be on again, after the pair were photographed holding hands in a London street earlier this week (begs24OCT05).

DOMINO star Knightley split with model Dornan in August (05) and was reported to be dating BODYROCKERS DJ KAZ JAMES shortly thereafter.

However, the 20-year-old now seems to be enjoying the company of Dornan again, who she started dating in 2003.
http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/knightley%20back%20with%20dornan

Keira rekindles romance?

LIFE STYLE EXTRA (UK) - Keira Knightley has been spotted cosying up with ex-boyfriend Jamie Dornan - sparking rumours the pair are romancing again.

The couple - who split earlier this year following rows over conflicting work schedules - were pictured strolling hand in hand in London this week.

It's rumoured the British beauty dated Bodyrockers star Kaz James following the break up, but model Dornan never seemed far from her thoughts.

The actress was spotted chatting to her ex-love at the star-studded premiere party of her film 'Pride and Prejudice' earlier this month.

During the evening, a teary-eyed Keira was also reportedly seen in the ladies toilets asking after her former boyfriend.

A source said: "Keira went into the ladies loos and had tears in her eyes. She kept asking her friends, 'Where is Jamie? I've got to find him."

Last month Keira vowed never to have plastic surgery.

The screen beauty insists she would never go under the surgeon's knife to improve her looks after being put off by TV show 'Dr 9-0-0', which documents real-life cosmetic operations.

She said: "Plastic surgery is brutal. There's this awful show, 'Dr 9-0-0', that shows people doing plastic surgery and it's brutal. It kind of makes you go, 'Are you all mad?' I couldn't go through with it. I'm not into pain and all that."
http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowbizNews.asp?Code=OZ26458F&headline=keira_rekindles_romance

Quiet Knight in, Keira?

STUNNING Keira Knightley spices up her love life — by popping out to buy some Italian food with her fella.
Keira and her on-off boyfriend Jamie Dornan, 23, were spotted carrying bags filled with pasta and pesto in North London.

The 21-year-old was obviously planning to get hot and steamy with lucky Jamie. We’re sure any man would like to get saucy with her.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005500150,00.html

Digital_Ice
28-10-2005, 01:33 AM
Keira Knightley Loves Screen Kisses
British beauty Keira Knightley has revealed she wants to have a clause written into her movie contracts, to ensure she always gets to lock lips with her leading man.

Keira Knightley, who currently working on Pirates Of The Caribbean II alongside Johnny Depp, is rather disappointed she doesn't get to share a kiss with the hunk.

"I wish I’d thought of that, but, sadly, no," Keira told Company magazine.

"In five years' time I'll be like, 'I’m sorry, I need to be guaranteed a snog with my leading man. Write it into my contract!'" Keira added.

Keira Knightley did get to smooch hunky co-star Orlando Bloom in the Pirates movies.

"Orlando is a marvellous kisser. It’s great to be back on Pirates Of The Caribbean. I love working with all these guys again," Knightley said.

It's still unclear how her current boyfried, model Jamie Dornan, thinks of Keira's onscreen kisses. The couple reunited just a few days ago, after calling off their relationship.
http://toronto.fashion-monitor.com/news.php/romance/2005102704keira_knightley

Digital_Ice
28-10-2005, 01:38 AM
Jamie and Keira back on track?

Ulster model Jamie Dornan may have rekindled his romance with Hollywood star Keira Knightley, according to reports this week.

A recent sighting of the couple strolling through London hand-in-hand has sparked rumours they have decided to get back together.

Jamie, from Holywood, Co Down, and the Pride and Prejudice star had split up in the summer but in an exclusive interview with the Belfast Telegraph a few weeks ago, the model said a reconciliation was possible.

Jamie first fell for the stunning actress, whom he has described as his "best friend", when they met during a photoshoot in August 2003.

The pair were often seen together at movie premieres and award ceremonies.

Keira (21), also spent time at Jamie's family home in Holywood.

When the romance broke down this summer, there was media speculation that a third person was involved.

Keira was later linked with Bodyrockers musician Kaz James - but she denied even knowing him.

During their split, Jamie spent his time concentrating on his musical career and released a download single, Fairytale, with his friend David Alexander from Belfast.

The boys perform under the name Sons of Jim and have already supported KT Tunstall on tour.

As well as playing in a band, Jamie has recently signed a three-year modelling contract with Christian Dior.

He also landed a debut role in a new movie, Marie Antoinette, alongside Kirstin Dunst.
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/story.jsp?story=666808

Digital_Ice
28-10-2005, 01:40 AM
Keira needed help with lapdancing

Keira Knightley says she likes to strip off in front of the camera but has to recruit body doubles if it involves spreading her legs too far.

"Taking your clothes off in front of the camera is part of acting. I'm not ashamed of that, plus I like to look sexy on screen," she told German newspaper Express, adding that only once did she have to employ a body double.

Speaking about her new film Domino she said: "Only once during a lap dancing scene. I had to dance over man's lap, but the problem was he was so wide that I couldn't get my legs far enough apart. You have to be so flexible...I just couldn't do it and had to get a body double in."

Knightley then had to choose the best bottom from three girls. "I was presented with three naked girls. They had to show me their bums and I said which one I liked best."
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1589236.html

Digital_Ice
28-10-2005, 02:27 PM
KNIGHTLEY DREAMS OF OSCAR GLORY

Actress KEIRA KNIGHTLEY is desperate for an Oscar nomination after receiving critical acclaim for her role as ELIZABETH BENNET in PRIDE AND PREJUDICE.

The 20-year-old beauty proved her critics wrong with a critically-acclaimed performance in the hit film adaptation of the JANE AUSTEN classic romance, which spent three weeks at the top of the UK box office.

She says, "I can't deny that it would be lovely to be nominated, but I've just started in this business and there will be other, better-known actresses coming in films that haven't opened yet."

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/knightley%20dreams%20of%20oscar%20glory

Digital_Ice
29-10-2005, 12:06 AM
Going topless is liberating for Kiera

British beauty, Keira Knightley, can certainly "bend it like Beckham", but one thing she positively can't do is "split it wide open" for a lap-dance routine.

Keira, who has in the past revealed that she has no qualms about nudity, and actually finds it "liberating" to go topless for a shoot in the desert, does not however possess the elasticity of a gymnast to be able to do the splits, for which she has to hire a body-double.

"Taking your clothes off in front of the camera is part of acting. I'm not ashamed of that, plus I like to look sexy on screen," Fox News quoted her as telling German newspaper Express.

"Only once during a lap dancing scene. I had to dance over man's lap, but the problem was he was so wide that I couldn't get my legs far enough apart. You have to be so flexible...I just couldn't do it and had to get a body double in", she added.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/7242_1531869,00180016.htm

argh, why are all these news articles just rehashes of each other?...

Digital_Ice
29-10-2005, 11:33 AM
'Domino' delivers on storyline, violence, effects

Leonard Martinez
El Paso Times

In the early days of movies, roles for women were limited to those of damsels in distress.

Thankfully, that has changed and we have seen very strong women characters.

Domino Harvey (Keira Knightley), the protagonist in "Domino," displays strength and depth as a former model-turned-bounty- hunter.

"Domino," as the opening of the movie says, is "based on a true story -- sort of" and the movie takes several liberties, which just makes it a fun ride anyway.

Sadly, the real Domino died earlier this year of a drug overdose after nearly a decade in the bounty hunter business.

The movie is based on Domino's narration of what happened, so it's anybody's guess how much of it is "true."

The movie is a cross between "Sin City" and "Natural Born Killers" in terms of the unique characters and how the movie was shot.

And, of course, it has violence to the nth degree.

Domino is having fun in her new profession when a reality-show producer wants to do a show about her and her team.

They agree, and their borderline legal tactics are a hit.

Then they get the call to recover $10 million in stolen money from a Las Vegas casino with mob ties, and things get really dirty.

She eventually gets arrested after a Las Vegas landmark is destroyed.

Mickey Rourke, whose career was resuscitated with "Sin City," has another brilliant role here as Ed the bounty hunter. He is the dark mentor who uses rumors about his past to influence his team and the bad guys they round up.

Before watching "Domino," take in a Vegas-style buffet at Ventanas inside Sunland Park Racetrack & Casino, featuring a live pasta station, pizza, salad bar and more.

There will be people who are going to have a problem with the story or the violence or the way some of the scenes were shot, which was almost dreamlike.

But don't overthink it too much and enjoy the ride.
http://www.elpasotimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051029/LIVING/510290307/1004

KnightleyNews
29-10-2005, 12:53 PM
http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/7242_1531869,00180016.htm

argh, why are all these news articles just rehashes of each other?...

Heh-heh, tell me about it...

Ever since Bend It Like Beckham the Indian press especially have picked up on the tiniest morsel of news and gossip about Parminder, Gurinder and Keira. India love their movies, they have the biggest industry in the world - bigger than Hollywood - and the actor who played Jess' dad, Anupam Kher, is now chairman of India's film censors.

But outside of India, whatever's on the newswires about movie stars gets reprinted just because it's (apparently) the sort of things their readers like to read about. Especially bad news - people love to read about celebs being down on their luck or insecure about something - it 'humanises' them, and makes us plebs feel better, and thereby attempts to create an affinity between us and the celebs which hopefully will result in us going to see their film. Such stories are carefully crafted for the press around the time the celebs have a film to sell - we always get the Keira 'I hate my legs/bum/tits/zits...' stories at promotions time because everyone knows the soundbites will travel well in the press and therefore help to sell the film - it's all part of the marketing strategy. Seemingly random comments which are actually nothing of the sort are now as integral a part of a movie's promotion as a poster or trailer.

Paul

Digital_Ice
31-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Disney boat deal promotes Pirates

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40965000/jpg/_40965308_piratesyacht_ap.jpg

Disney is backing an entry in the Volvo round-the-world yacht race to promote the sequel to its hit film Pirates of the Caribbean.
The 70ft (21.3m) yacht - Pirates of the Caribbean II - is being nicknamed the Black Pearl after the ship captained on screen by Johnny Depp.

The sponsorship deal is estimated to have cost Disney at least $15m (£8.4m).

The nine-leg race starts on 12 November in Vigo, Spain and ends seven months later in Gothenburg, Sweden.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, which also stars Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley, is the first of two sequels to the original film.

It is scheduled for release in the US in July next year.

Boosting interest

The sails of Pirates of the Caribbean II carry the film's logo and a picture of a monster from the story is featured on its hull.

The yacht's skipper Paul Cayard led EF Language to victory in the 1997-98 race.

"I like the pirate theme," he said. "We're definitely fully into it, but we're not changing who we are. We're still professional sailors."

Volvo Ocean Race organisers are also hoping the Pirates of the Caribbean II entry will help boost interest in the sport.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4391950.stm

Digital_Ice
01-11-2005, 12:00 AM
more on the boat...

Disney "Pirates" Ship Takes to the Seas

by Josh Grossberg
Oct 31, 2005, 2:30 PM PT

Heigh-ho, me hearties. That's no ghost ship ye see on the horizon--it's the Black Pearl.

Aargh, indeed.

The titular ship Johnny Depp helmed in 2003's Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl will be setting sail as the U.S. entry in the Volvo Ocean Race, a 31,250-mile, nine-leg sea race around the globe.

Disney has plunked down an estimated $15 million-$18 million in loot for the right to turn the 70-foot yacht into a floating billboard for the two upcoming Pirates sequels, which will reunite Depp with costars Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley.

The vessel, emblazoned with a skull and crossed scabbards logo, sets sail Nov. 12 in Vigo, Spain. The eight-month race is due to finish in Gothenburg, Sweden, on June 17, three weeks before the first seafaring follow-up, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, hits theaters on July 7--an occasion marked by the boat's number: 7706. The third film in the Pirates trifecta will arrive in summer 2007.

Donald Evans, vice president of marketing and promotions for Buena Vista International, Disney's international distribution arm, said race officials dreamed up the idea and approached the studio, which quickly signed on. The Mouse House's creative group immediately went to work on the design and the look of the boat.

"There's so much clutter out there tin terms of getting the consumer's attention and we felt that this was in organic fit," Evans tells E! Online.

"There are so many reasons to do this. One, it was the perfect marriage of sports and entertainment; the second is timing; and the third is…we needed something fresh [and] this race is the most innovative type of sailing available."

Evans even points out parallels between the movies and the race. One of the stars of the new Pirates, Stellan Skarsgard, is a Swede. The film's villain, played by Bill Nighy, pilots the Flying Dutchman, and the race features two Dutch boats.

But Captain Jack Sparrow is sitting this race out.

The Black Pearl, under the command of veteran skipper Paul Cayard, will hoist sails and take to the high seas the ol' fashioned way--without the use of an engine except for emergency purposes.

The 46-year-old captain, who's competed in the race several times, had no plans to return this year. But Disney's offer was too good to pass up, considering the PR boost it could give the pro-sailing world.

"The race is a fantastic experience," Cayard tells E! Online. "I decided this whole thing about being a pirate and promoting a film is a great opportunity for our sport to branch out."

Cayard also praised Mickey's minions for the design, which won't compromise performance. The Pirates graphics had to be on the sails and hull and not be too heavy or risk detracting from the sail's performance. Disney scuttled its original plans for black sails, which would have limited the crew's vision at night.

"We worked together on that and there was a give and take both ways," says Cayard. "They were very respectful of our needs as pro sailors and they want us to do well, and I think we came up with a really good representation of pirates in a very class modern way."

Asked whether he'll be shivering his timbers and dropping "aarghs" and "avasts" like a Central Casting buccaneer, Cayard demurs.

"My wife is pushing me on that, but so far we've been pretty focused on being the pro sailors we're supposed to be and we'll loosen up as we go," he says. "But it's good to be a pirate."
http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,17686,00.html?tnews

Digital_Ice
09-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Gurinder Chadha to 'Bend It Like Beckham' again!

Gurinder Chadha is planning to make a sequel to her 2003 hit movie 'Bend It Like Beckham', which shaped the careers of Keira Knightley and Parminder Nagra.
Most of the characters of 'Bend It Like Beckham' will return in the sequel, which is going to be about Chadha's life and her footballing career.

"I am making a sequel to Bend it Like Beckham. But I see it more as a continuation of the characters than an actual sequel. The first film was based on me when I was growing up, whereas this next one is going to be about my life afterwards," The Sun quoted her as speaking at the after-party of the TCM Classic Shorts Awards.

"I'm busy with another project at the moment, but after that I'm really looking forward to getting started on it," she added.

http://news.webindia123.com/news/showdetails.asp?id=157825&cat=Entertainment

Digital_Ice
09-11-2005, 10:25 AM
PRIDE AND PREJUDICE OVERHAULED FOR US RELEASE

Film-maker JOE WRIGHT shot two different endings for PRIDE AND PREJUDICE - one for the US and one for Britain.

While UK viewers see DONALD SUTHERLAND's character MR BENNET smile contentedly in the final scene, American audiences will enjoy a passionate embrace between stars KEIRA KNIGHTLEY and MATTHEW MacFAYDEN when it opens this weekend (12/13NOV05).

Wright explains, "Americans like a bit more sugar in their champagne."

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/pride%20and%20prejudice%20overhauled%20for%20us%20 release

Digital_Ice
09-11-2005, 10:27 AM
a bit more in these articles

Keira to Bend again?

BEND It Like Beckham director Gurinder Chadha is making a sequel to the 2003 movie which launched Keira Knightley into the limelight.

Sexy Keira, 20, is reportedly going to return alongside co-star Parminder Nagra in the film which will follow the two characters' footballing careers from where Bend It Like Beckham left off.

Speaking at the after-party of the TCM Classic Shorts Awards, Gurinder said: "I am making a sequel to Bend it Like Beckham. But I see it more as a continuation of the characters than an actual sequel.

"The first film was based on me when I was growing up, whereas this next one is going to be about my life afterwards.

"I'm busy with another project at the moment, but after that I'm really looking forward to getting started on it."

Filming is due to start next year.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2004580002-2005520038,00.html

It's soccer Tuesday: Bend it Like Beckham 2 in the works

The woman behind Bend It Like Beckham, writer/director Guinder Chadha, is currently writing a sequel to the movie that unleashed Keira Knightley on the world. According to Chadha, episode two will be loosely based on her own life, as was Beckham (Wow, really? I had no idea.). She sees it, however, as "a continuation of the characters [rather] than an actual sequel," which I guess means that it might even not have anything to do with soccer. Dammit.

At the end of the first film, the two characters were on their way to California - heaven knows what American craziness they could get up to in part two. Also, gentlemen, since the screenplay is still being written, the involvement of Knightley and co-star Parminder Nagra has yet to be discussed.
http://www.cinematical.com/2005/11/08/its-soccer-tuesday-bend-it-like-beckham-2-in-the-works/

Director Gurinder Chadha announced on Wednesday she is writing a sequel to Bend It Like Beckham. Speaking at the after-party of the TCM Classic Shorts Awards she said: "I am making a sequel to Bend it Like Beckham. But I see it more as a continuation of the characters than an actual sequel. The first film was based on me when I was growing up, whereas this next one is going to be about my life afterwards. I'm busy with another project at the moment, but after that I'm really looking forward to getting started on it."

So, while it's quite possible that Parminder Nagra will be back as Jess, it doesn't necessarily follow that Keira will be back as Jules. But the companies funding the movie may well have other ideas, given Keira's current 'bankability'. It's difficult to remember - especially for the press - that it was Parminder's movie as Jess Bhamra: her story, her conflicts and her struggles to overcome prejudice. However, the fact remains that it was Keira's presence in Pirates which kept BILB afloat in the US box office for twice its expected duration. Buena Vista capitalised on Keira's sudden popularity by rescreening it at 1,000 theatres in the last week of July 2003 while Pirates was at No.1. BILB had a production budget of just $6.5m yet went on to take in more than $76m worldwide. Would you like to see a Bend It Like Beckham 2 ?

http://keiraweb.com/ - heh, stole it from paul!

Digital_Ice
15-11-2005, 06:21 PM
Keira couldn't get a date

KEIRA KNIGHTLEY says she enjoys being a Hollywood sex symbol, because as a schoolgirl she couldn't get a date.

Although she can now get any man she wants - including hunky model Jamie Dornan - Keira told People magazine she didn't have a single boyfriend as a youngster.

She revealed: "I didn't have any boyfriends at all when I was in school. Like none. Really.

"So I must have been rejected an awful lot."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2004580002-2005530188,00.html

Digital_Ice
15-11-2005, 06:24 PM
British actress Keira Knightly is desperate to learn how to drive.

She has set herself a challenge to have passed her test by 2006…she better get it sorted soon then!

Speaking to Newsweek she said: "I need to learn how to drive.
"It's kind of defining me now. I feel like I should come into a room and say, "I'm Keira Knightley and I'm a non-driver"."

Isn’t she forgetting other defining characteristics like beautiful, millionaire Hollywood actress perhaps?

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=10493

Digital_Ice
15-11-2005, 06:27 PM
I am not making a sequel to Beckham!

Gurinder Chaddha denies rumours of a follow-up to her popular football flick; says she wants to write instead

The British press claimed recently that Gurinder Chaddha was to follow her immensely popular Bend It Like Beckham with a sequel. But Chaddha claims otherwise. “Am I completely insane to go back to ...Beckham? My dear, that train left the station long ago. There's absolutely no reason for me to return to it. I think the rumour started when this silly journalist from a British paper asked me at a party what I wanted to do next. I told her that I was writing, that I wanted to return to my roots, and that ...Beckham was part of my roots. The next thing I knew they had announced a sequel. They even put up stories on the website about Keira Knightley being in it. Poor thing! I'm just not interested in ...Beckham any longer.”

But while she's not interested in ‘Bending’ it for the second time, Chaddha is keen to write. “That's what I've returned to England for. Lately, I've been travelling so much I feel completely drained. I just want to put down my thoughts and unearth my inner feelings. Movie offers? Oh there're so many! I returned to London with a mailbox clogged with scripts.”

Chaddha's proposed next film was a big Hollywood project, I Dream of Jeannie, with Kate Hudson. “That's been put on hold. I'm re-writing the script and changing the stress and accents from the original television serial to suit these times.”

Chaddha is also excited about a film she has just completed, based in and on Paris. “It's an entire pastiche of Parisian tales, called Paris Je T'Aime, to which twenty directors, including the Cohen Brothers, Alexander Payne and Wes Craven, have contributed.”

There are only two female directors in the episodic film, the other being a Spanish woman, and only two Asians, the other being a Japanese director. “That's right,” Chaddha laughs. “My 5-minute story is about a Muslim girl and a French guy. I've introduced a topical element into the proceedings. It was very exciting to tell a story in such little space.”

Another story she has told within limited space is for a brand of guitars. “I shot my first ad…and that too in Mumbai. Yes, I sneaked in three weeks ago, shot this ad for a really cool brand of guitars and left without anyone being the wiser…I had no time to socialise. In any case, my friend and brother, Karan Johar wasn't in Mumbai, so I had nothing to look forward to. But I am really looking forward to his new film. I haven't had a good cry for a long time… (laughs).”

Chaddha returns to Mumbai in February for the release of her husband Paul Berges’ directorial debut Mistress of Spices. “And it won't be dubbed into Hindi, and be ruined like my Bride & Prejudice was,” she promises.

* Am I completely insane to go back to ...Beckham? My dear, that train left the station long ago.– Gurinder Chaddha

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=10&articleid=1114200522595654611142005225742281

Digital_Ice
15-11-2005, 06:29 PM
Keira the conqueror
A ravishing actress's myriad charms blossom in Pride and Prejudice

It would be a mistake to get balled up trying to describe Keira Knightley's particular beauty. The dark, knowing eyes. The bold brows. And don't even think about the mouth. In a recent cover story in Esquire, beside a photo of the young British actress coolly revealing her right breast, a male writer knocked himself out trying to explain the thing she does with her mouth -- the way "her pout breaks into a precariously wide smile, retracts into what looks like a sob, and then somehow transforms into an adoring half laugh." Guess you had to be there. Yes, there is a thing she does with her mouth, but there's no describing it. It's an English thing -- the strong chin and the way she breaks her composure with a laugh that reveals her lower teeth. You see? There's no point. In trying to explain Hollywood's new It Girl, it's best to let the pictures do the talking -- and turn instead to Jane Austen.

No author has set a more enduring prototype for the modern, girl-powered romantic comedy than Jane. (Surely by now she deserves a one-name moniker, like Madonna and Cher.) We're not just talking about the movies based on her novels (Emma, Persuasion, Sense and Sensibility, Mansfield Park . . .), or those influenced by them (Clueless, Legally Blonde). Without Austen's 19th-century precedent, it's hard to imagine Sabrina's Audrey Hepburn, Sleepless in Seattle's Meg Ryan, Pretty Woman's Julia Roberts -- or Bend it Like Beckham's Keira Knightley.

In Beckham, a sports movie with Austen-like elements of misaligned romance and arranged marriage, Knightley didn't have the lead role. But as a scrawny, soccer-mad tomboy with a nimble London accent, she left a sharp impression. And even then, when she was just 16, her quick, darting intelligence could be summed up by the words Austen used to describe her most famous heroine, Elizabeth Bennet of Pride and Prejudice: "She had a lively, playful disposition, which delighted in anything ridiculous."

Now 20, this hardy English rose has blossomed with a string of eye-catching roles -- from the free-thinking damsel who had her corset shucked by Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean, to the gun-toting, lap-dancing, chain-smoking bounty hunter in Domino. As the damsel, she seemed constricted, not just by the corset, but by the Boys' Own shenanigans of the movie. And as the reckless Domino Harvey, it seems she was trying a little too hard to prove she could join the Angelina Jolie camp of butch vixens.

But now, in an exhilarating new version of Pride and Prejudice, Knightley has found her stride as Austen's Elizabeth. Despite her physical charms -- which make her somewhat overqualified to play a woman the author describes as "the second prettiest" of the five Bennet sisters -- Knightley inhabits the character as if to the Austen manor born. This is a star-making performance.

Playing a character who leads with her mind, not her looks, is no small feat for someone who looks like Knightley. Yet there's nothing prohibitive about her allure. "Keira is obviously incredibly beautiful," Joe Wright, the British director of Pride and Prejudice, told Maclean's. "But also she seems quite normal. It seems we all could know her somehow. Like Julia Roberts, she doesn't alienate us. She doesn't threaten men or women." Then, slowly choosing his words, as if to say this is not just a director hyping his movie, Wright adds: "I think she will develop into one of the most important movie stars of her era."

For someone so young, Knightley has already covered a lot of ground. If she has the range, the It Girl could indeed become a superstar. She has the dark-eyed smoulder of Natalie Portman, but is a gamine without the gravitas. More like a sultry Audrey Hepburn. Then there's that laugh, Keira's flash of complicity. It's the equivalent of Julia's smile, disarming and a bit ungainly -- the indiscretion of a pretty woman who hasn't altogether given up on being a kid.

But Wright initially feared Knightley might be too glam for Pride and Prejudice. "Originally I wanted someone plainer to play Elizabeth," he says. "Darcy is attracted to her for the liveliness of her mind rather than anything else." The director arranged to see her in Montreal, where she was shooting The Jacket. Late at night, after his flight was delayed by a snowstorm, he met her in a hotel bar. "I discovered this scruffy tomboy who didn't at all conform to the preconceptions I had of her," he recalls. "That struck me as quite interesting, that Keira, being a tomboy, wouldn't have fitted the feminine ideal of the period, of 1797, when women were expected to be a lot more demure and curvaceous. Then I discovered her to be incredibly opinionated. She doesn't say what she thinks you want to hear. All those characteristics were again perfect for Elizabeth."

This new Pride and Prejudice has scenes of lavish spectacle. At times it threatens to turn into a tour of English homes and landscapes, the Lake District for Dummies. But Wright, who claims an affinity for "English realism," disdains the "chocolate-boxy" feel of Merchant Ivory period films. Adopting an earthier tone than the 1995 British miniseries of Pride and Prejudice, he does breathe fresh life into Austen's characters. With Matthew Macfadyen as Lizzie's stern object of desire, Brenda Blethyn as her hectic mother and Donald Sutherland as her kindly father, Wright has assembled a rich ensemble -- crowned by an imperious Judi Dench as (dragon) Lady Catherine de Bourg. For the Bennet sisters, the 33-year-old director cast actors as young as Austen's characters (unlike the 1940 version with Laurence Olivier and Greer Garson, who were in their 30s). And his Bennet sisters tear through the movie with giddy, girlish abandon.

Knightley, who was 19 when she shot the movie, grounds that adolescent energy in a sensible confidence that makes her seem wise beyond her years. But then she has been acting professionally from the age of seven, and first requested an agent at three. Born in the London suburb of Teddington, she's the daughter of an actor father and playwright mother. Working to overcome a learning disability, Knightley took on various TV roles before scoring a part as Natalie Portman's decoy Padmé in Star Wars: Episode I -- The Phantom Menace (1999). After her breakthrough in Bend it Like Beckham, she landed a lead as Lara in a TV miniseries of Dr. Zhivago. The blockbuster success of Pirates of the Caribbean cemented her stardom, and now she's in the Caribbean shooting back-to-back sequels. With any luck, this time her character will end up with Johnny Depp, rather than Orlando Bloom, despite the age difference. Jane would approve.
http://www.macleans.ca/culture/films/article.jsp?content=20051114_115573_115573#continu e

Digital_Ice
15-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Skinny Keira won't change

NEW YORK -- Keira Knightley is happy with her modest bosom and naturally thin body, thank you very much.

"As far as my body goes, it is what it is, I'm afraid," says Knightley, starring in Pride & Prejudice, opening today. "It's genetics as far as it's anything else."

So she has no plans to "enhance" her breasts with plastic surgery. "Oh, f--- no!" she says with a giggle. "I'm British, for God's sake. No, you're not coming near me with a knife!"

That said, she knows it is an advantage in contemporary Hollywood to have an overall thin body. "Of course, it's a visual medium. I'd be stupid if I didn't know that looks have something to do with that."

So she frets over the possibility that her success, and her slim size, will inspire women to artificially lose weight.

"I think it's quite worrying now because that (being thin) is definitely a trend and you get people trying to force their bodies into something that it naturally isn't. You can only do what your body can do. I don't work out very much so I guess it's pretty natural (in my case)."
http://www.edmontonsun.com/Entertainment/Weekend/2005/11/11/1302281-sun.html

Digital_Ice
19-11-2005, 01:18 AM
Knightley named the UK's sexiest woman
JOHN INNES

THE actress Keira Knightley was named Britain's sexiest woman yesterday.

The star of Pride and Prejudice fought off competition from Abi Titmuss, Sienna Miller and Kelly Brook to win the accolade from Esquire magazine.

Her "perfect" looks and laid-back attitude helped her scoop more than a third of votes in the online poll for the publication.

Knightley's 35 per cent share of the vote was more than double that of runner-up Miller, who attracted 17 per cent. Knightley also left several other high-profile stars in the shade, including the Dr Who actress Billie Piper, television presenter Cat Deeley and pop singer Rachel Stevens.

Tim Lewis, deputy editor of Esquire, said it was not just Knightley's looks that sets pulses racing.

He said: "I think the thing that people like about Keira is that she seems very relaxed and normal.

"She is grown-up but not too grown-up, and she is fun. She almost has a model look. She has an astonishing face; it is almost perfect.

"You can imagine yourself hanging around with her. I don't think she takes the whole celebrity thing too seriously."

Knightley, who is best known for her breakthrough roles in Bend it Like Beckham and the popular Pirates of the Caribbean, is currently filming sequels in what will be a Pirates of the Caribbean series, the first of which is due for release next summer.

http://news.scotsman.com/celebrities.cfm?id=2265702005

Digital_Ice
23-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Keira Knightley loves jumping from role to role

ROGER MOORE; The Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel
Published: November 23rd, 2005 02:30 AM

Keira Knightley’s voice is so winsome and frothy that you can practically see those famous teeth and that million-dollar grin over the phone.
And why wouldn’t she bubble? She’s 20 years old and, constant cracks about being “boyishly thin” aside, she’s stunning. Glamour, FHM, New Woman and Tatler have all named her “sexiest” this or “most desirable” that in the past year.

She just left the set of one of two “Pirates of the Caribbean” sequels, working with Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp.

“Trying to do a scene with Johnny and trying desperately not to laugh at his performance is a true trial,” she says, laughing. “There were a couple of times where I completely corpsed (actor’s slang for botching a scene), and the entire crew would fall down and we’d have to do the entire scene again.”

In a business and culture that celebrates the newest, the freshest and the hottest, Knightley qualifies for all three. Even her failures celebrate her sexy chic. The babe-as-bounty-hunter thriller “Domino” may have flopped last month, but Knightley came through it smelling like an English Rose.

And now she is showcased in her “dream role,” the one any English actress with a literary-romantic bent would pine for. Knightley plays smart-mouthed yet always proper Elizabeth Bennet in the new film of Jane Austen’s “Pride & Prejudice,” which opens today.

“I’ve been obsessed with ‘Pride & Prejudice’ since I was about 7,” says Knightley, the daughter of a playwright-mom and an actor-dad. “My mom got it on book-tape, and I listened to it constantly.

“I had two dollhouses, a little one that was Longbourn and the big one was Pemberley,” she says, naming the two main homes in the novel.

She read the book and watched the definitive and popular BBC/A&E version of the tale “endlessly.” So much so that she was scared to death to do the film.

“But my mom said, ‘Read the book again, and I guarantee you that you will see Elizabeth Bennet as yourself.’ And she was absolutely right. … Any woman who reads it identifies with her so closely that she sees Elizabeth Bennet as herself.”

“Pride & Prejudice” is Austen’s classic tale of class, courtship and blown first impressions. It’s about a lower upper-class family with multiple marriage-age daughters – the Bennets – and their dealings with their betters, mainly the families of men who would make nice financial matches for the down-on-their-luck Bennets. It’s about how the spirited and knowing Elizabeth misjudges, and is misjudged by, snobbish and icy Mr. Darcy, whom we just know will eventually melt under her spell.

“The reason I became an Austen fan is because the characters aren’t perfect,” Knightley says. “They’re hugely flawed. With Elizabeth, she’s everything that I, as a woman, would like to be. Or so you’d think. She’s capable of those withering put-downs, terribly witty, independent, passionate.

“But sometimes, she’s really (bloody) annoying, and you just want to kick her in the (behind) and say, ‘Come on. What are you doing?’”

Knightley may be able to play perfectly prim and proper on the screen. But she can curse with the best 20-year-olds, which actually adds to her charm, what BBC critic Stella Papamichael calls “her tough-cookie routine.” Rest assured, when we print (bloody) and (behind), she’s actually waxing more colorful.

That “tough cookie” business is what Knightley wanted to bring to Elizabeth Bennet. Her “Lizzy,” as she calls her, “is a woman of her era, and ahead of her time,” she says. “You can’t take that ‘of her time’ propriety from her, because you’ve got to know the rules in order to break them. And that’s what she does.”

Knightley, herself, is very much of her time, the “it” girl of the moment, a moment she has worked toward all her life. She begged her parents for an agent when she was 3, so the story goes. At just 20, she is 17 films and a dozen TV movies or episodes into her career, a career as varied as the breakout soccer-girl performance in “Bend it Like Beckham,” a “Doctor Zhivago” for British TV, “Pirates of the Caribbean,” “Love Actually,” “The Jacket” and “Domino.”

“There’s nothing sexier in an actress than courage,” says Edgar Ramirez, her co-star in “Domino.” “It’s a great contradiction, that Keira, as beautiful as a swan, is as hard as iron.”

Knightley, sprinting from one film to the next, has her own spin on that.

“I’m trying to give people whiplash, I really am. I think I would get very bored if I kept on doing the same sorts of roles, over and over again. Can’t wear a bodice every day, you know.”

http://www.thenewstribune.com/ae/story/5351670p-4844217c.html

Digital_Ice
24-11-2005, 10:37 AM
theres an article about keira in the latest sky magazine....

...i might type it up later

Digital_Ice
02-12-2005, 02:49 PM
KEIRA KNIGHTLEY is pleased she exposed her nipple at the premiere of her movie PRIDE + PREJUDICE, because she wants the world to see her body while she's still young.

The 20-year-old beauty refuses to be embarrassed about the boob last month (NOV05), and even wishes she had exposed her whole breast.

She says, "I was at the premiere of my new film Pride + Prejudice, a few weeks ago when part of my left breast popped out of my dress, in full view of the paparazzi.

"It was just a little bit of flesh, but it would have been better if the whole thing had escaped.

"Still, my view is that if you're going to bare your breasts to the world, it's better to do so at 20, when you're still in good shape."

http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/knightley%20no%20nipple%20regrets

airbag1000
14-12-2005, 04:44 PM
Edition 1GMDSUN 11 DEC 2005, Page 12
Keira loses Kaz to Sophie;Picture Exclusive
RAV SINGH

Bodyrockers star: I snubbed Knightley for Wonderbra girl
WHAT sort of a bloke would walk away from the delectable Keira
Knightley? Well, the sort who can pull a supermodel like Sophie
Anderton.
Here's former Wonderbra beauty Sophie on a girlie winter break with
pals in Egypt, showing off the fabulous body that rocked the world of
Bodyrockers star Kaz James.
Last night smitten Kaz told the News of the World: "I snubbed Keira
because Sophie is better. I met Sophie at London club Kabaret last
month.
Crazy
"I didn't know who she was and the funny thing was that she didn't
know who I was either. We just started talking. She's a great girl
with a great body. I like women who are a little crazy and like fun
and she is definitely one of them."
Kaz, 23, whose band kick off a UK tour on Wednesday at London's
Carling Islington Academy, is baffled by Hollywood star Keira's
claims they have never met. The singer, who had a summer smash with I
Like The Way You Move, added: "I just don't understand where Keira
(pictured right) is coming from.
"She's been denying that she's met me and her mother has got
involved. It's all very weird. I haven't got time for a proper
girlfriend anyway because of work.
"It's a nightmare with our tour coming up. But Sophie and I still
talk to each other and will hook up again at some point."
Sophie, 28, is looking better than ever since her split from fiance
Mark Alexiou in August.
One friend said: "Sophie had some really steamy nights with Kaz
which helped her get over Mark. Kaz is a sexy bloke and she's
gorgeous so you can imagine the fireworks."

Digital_Ice
15-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Keira Knightley loves to get hot and sweaty on the dance floor!
London | January 15, 2006 5:18:34 PM IST

British beauty Keira Knightley has revealed that she loves to dance vigorously and get all hot and sweaty, without bothering about her hair and make-up, when she is partying with friends.

"I'm one of those people who goes to a club and gets very, very sweaty and makes a complete fool of herself," she was quoted by America's Cosmopolitan magazine, as telling FemaleFirst.

"I hate people who stand there and just kind of swish with their perfect hair and perfect make-up. They're not real girls, are they?" she added.

Meanwhile, Keira has confessed she is such a shoeaholic, she even buys pairs that don't fit but she gets a kind of satisfaction by just looking at them in their boxes.

She also admitted that she buys so many shoes that she doesn't even get to wear them all.

"I have shoes I've never taken out of the box. I even have shoes that don't fit. I look at them and go, 'Oh it doesn't matter that I can't wear them - they're so pretty!'" she said. (ANI)

http://news.webindia123.com/news/showdetails.asp?id=220419&cat=Entertainment

Digital_Ice
20-01-2006, 03:57 PM
British star KEIRA KNIGHTLEY bribed security guards to let ticketless friends into the pre-Golden Globes Vanity Fair party - with packets of crisps.

The DOMINO star turned up at the event on Monday (16JAN06) with seven friends, including her agent, despite only having two invites.

She says, "What's a girl to do? I gave the security guys my best smile and confessed that there were eight of us and only two tickets.

"They said to me, 'What else you got?' and I said, 'Well, we've got two packets of crisps,' and they said, 'OK, that'll do.'

"So we wafted into the poshest party of the night with two packets of ready salted."

http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/knightley%20bribed%20globes%20security%20guards_20 _01_2006

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

Adam
20-01-2006, 04:13 PM
^^ Lol. See - crisps can be good for you.

Digital_Ice
21-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Keira Knightley And Scarlett Johansson Separated
For fear of massive Golden Globe bitch fight…

Golden Globe honchos have been warned to keep Hollywood pouters, Scarlet Johansson and Keira Knightley, well away from each other at tonight’s award ceremonies – for fears that slaps and insults will be exchanged.

The girls have never openly admitted a mutual loathing but it is well known amongst LA’s glitterati that there is more than a tad of animosity between them.

A source confirmed to the Daily Star: “They’ll be seated as far away from each other as is possible.”

The girls who regularly compete for the same roles are both up for an award, Keira’s is for Best Actress for her role in Pride and Prejudice, while Scarlett is gunning for best supporting actress for Match Point.

The source continued: “It’s also been arranged for Keira and Scarlett to arrive at different times.”

“The last thing anyone wants is an unseemly red-carpet cat-fight in front of the cameras.”

No, no, no, you've got it all worng - that's exactly what we want.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=12402

Edward
23-01-2006, 10:40 AM
eh... whats that all about...

Digital_Ice
10-02-2006, 01:51 PM
hrm, there is an interview with keira in "the scene" magazine (some magazine local to my area)

i might type it up when i get time, or scan it if i fix my scanner.

stuie
27-02-2006, 11:30 AM
CELEBRITY SPOTLIGHT - Keira Knightley has hit out at the Oscars comparing them to "a dog show".

The stunning British actress has http://www.celebrityspotlight.co.uk/getImage.asp?img=KeiraKnightley.jpg&mini=yes (http://www.celebrityspotlight.co.uk/ShowBiographies.asp?CelebrityBiography=511ee91ce7&Celebrity=Keira_Knightley)also said she is dreading Sunday night's (05.03.06) event.

She said: "It's a bit like being in a dog show in a funny way. You get trotted out as Britain's prize poodle, wearing your dress and they give you marks out of ten for what you are wearing and what your jewels are like."

However, Knightley - who's nominated for her role as Elizabeth Bennet in 'Pride And Prejudice' - puts her comments down to nerves.

She added: "This is my......

Celebrity Spotlight (http://www.celebrityspotlight.co.uk/CelebNews.asp?ShowCelebrityStory=EZ271419U&CelebArticle=Keira_Knightley's_Oscar_'doggy'_style )

Leonie
27-02-2006, 01:08 PM
I'm going to merge this into the Articles Archive thread and suggest you post articles you find there from now on :)

stuie
28-02-2006, 11:54 AM
CELEBRITY SPOTLIGHT - Keira Knightley's ex claims she dumped him because "he wasn't good enough for her."

Model Jamie Dornan sa[/url]ays the 'Pride And Prejudice' beauty jilted him because he wasn't as successful or as famous as her and admits the actress wore the trousers in their relationship.

He said: "There is a big pressure when you go out with someone like Keira. You can feel a bit second rate and that's what started to happen........

[url="http://www.celebrityspotlight.co.uk/CelebNews.asp?ShowCelebrityStory=NG281436Z&CelebArticle=Keira_Knightley_dumping_claims"]Celebrity Spotlight
(http://www.celebrityspotlight.co.uk/ShowBiographies.asp?CelebrityBiography=511ee91ce7&Celebrity=Keira_Knightley)

Mandy
28-02-2006, 12:26 PM
Ok I looked over that site and found a lot or really phony-sounding articles...so I pretty much dont think this one's true.

KnightleyNews
28-02-2006, 02:46 PM
Ok I looked over that site and found a lot or really phony-sounding articles...so I pretty much dont think this one's true.

It's a perfect example of how gossip mags & sites change the angle and context of an article to make it sensationalist. The original interview is here:
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/story.jsp?story=680714

Paul

EmotionSickness
05-03-2006, 02:50 AM
Keira Knightley In Tears On Oscar Weekend

Lunch at The Ivy was a bit more frenetic than usual on Saturday, reports a very special and sexy PerezHilton.com correspondent.

"There was crazy paparazzi there," reports our snoop. "Keira Knightley was inside with her parents and other people. She was hounded and left in tears through the back door because of all the unwanted attention."

Jesus, people, if you don't want attention, don't go to The Ivy!

www.perezhilton.com

Digital_Ice
06-04-2006, 01:54 AM
I figured it was about time I started posting news again....

KNIGHTLEY AFRAID TO MARRY

KEIRA KNIGHTLEY is scared to get married for fear the ceremony won't live up to her dream wedding in romantic comedy LOVE ACTUALLY. The British beauty, whose films have included a string of on-screen love affairs, would prefer to put off the real thing for a while longer. She says, "(Marriage?) Not right now, no. "You know, I've been married five times in films, had three children and countless proposals - and all before I'm 20! "So I think that's quite enough. Plus I don't know how you'd top the wedding I had in Love Actually."

http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/knightley%20afraid%20to%20marry_05_04_2006

...don't you just love the way "not right now" means "I'm afraid" in the media's ears?

Niscen
06-04-2006, 05:52 PM
I figured it was about time I started posting news again....

http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/knightley%20afraid%20to%20marry_05_04_2006

...don't you just love the way "not right now" means "I'm afraid" in the media's ears?

It's a cute way to say "I've been married five times in films, had three children and countless proposals - and all before I'm 20!"~~~ I have never noticed that!! She's cute:err:

Digital_Ice
14-04-2006, 07:10 PM
KNIGHTLEY SLAMS SKINNY HOLLYWOOD

KEIRA KNIGHTLEY has slammed the Hollywood system for encouraging actresses to lose weight. The skinny star insists she is curvy compared to most of the leading ladies she goes up against at auditions - and has called on studios to take a more responsible attitude. She says, "I'm twice the size, height and everything else of most of the other actresses who are going for an audition. It's mad, isn't it? When you realise that even at my size I'm one of the largest there. "It's at the point you start to say, 'I don't think it'd be healthy for me to stay here much longer.' "Are we surprised that there are people out there who feel they have to lose weight? "It's shocking for young girls. There is a lot of pressure - it's like you've got to be perfect."

http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/knightley%20slams%20skinny%20hollywood_14_04_2006

KnightleyNews
26-04-2006, 08:39 AM
After months of rumours, Chanel confirmed yesterday that Keira has joined their family of celebrity faces. She will promote their Coco Mademoiselle fragrance from 2007 in print advertisements and TV commercials.
http://www.vogue.co.uk/vogue_daily/story/story.asp?stid=34784

Paul

kingdumbass
26-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Not until 2007?

gotasmoke
26-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Thats good news!

Kathleen
27-04-2006, 05:41 AM
Those pictures will be excellent if the ones of Kate Moss are anything to go by. :p

Digital_Ice
17-05-2006, 01:31 PM
British actress KEIRA KNIGHTLEY is the latest convert to MADONNA's mystical Jewish faith Kabbalah. The PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN star has been snapped wearing a red string bracelet - used by followers to protect them from the evil eye. She follows a long list of celebrity Kabbalahists including DEMI MOORE, ELIZABETH TAYLOR and STELLA MCCARTNEY.

http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/keira%20knightley%20joins%20kabbalah_17_05_2006

knowing the source... this might be bollocks, but hey, i just report it, i don't write it...

but seriously? kabbalah? argh...

hasselbrad
17-05-2006, 01:46 PM
http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/keira%20knightley%20joins%20kabbalah_17_05_2006

knowing the source... this might be bollocks, but hey, i just report it, i don't write it...

but seriously? kabbalah? argh...

That just reminds me of the Topher Grace bit in Ocean's Twelve.
"It's like this Kabbalah crap doesn't even work!"

Digital_Ice
17-05-2006, 02:21 PM
Bart Simpson: Mom! Lisa made me do it, she put a witch's spell on me!
Lisa Simpson: It's called "wicca" and its impowering
Bart Simpson: Mom! Lisa's into a Hollywood fad!
Lisa Simpson: That's Kabbalah, Jerk!

kingdumbass
17-05-2006, 08:44 PM
If this is true, then Keira has officially crossed the line into lameness, and Leonie has been right about everything....

BrunoJA
17-05-2006, 09:28 PM
That's a pretty huge "if" lol

jeff--
17-05-2006, 11:06 PM
I hope it's not true...

What religion (if any :p) is Keira anyways?

BrunoJA
17-05-2006, 11:28 PM
She doesn't really talk about it...

Leonie
18-05-2006, 07:14 AM
If this is true, then Keira has officially crossed the line into lameness, and Leonie has been right about everything....

As much as I like being right, I hope it's not true. Taking on a religion even Britney Spears has discarded? Taaacky :icon_bigg

kingdumbass
18-05-2006, 07:27 AM
There are a few things that Keira could do which would cause me to walk away from her as a fan....
Getting a boob job, acting like Paris Hilton, or joining a dumb religion. Needless to say, I am annoyed by this latest rumor. I want more information, damnit!

barrington
18-05-2006, 08:44 AM
There's an awful lot of people wearing red bracelets that aren't necessarily kabbahlists.

hasselbrad
18-05-2006, 12:25 PM
And, even if she did join, at least it's not Scientology. :icon_err:

barrington
18-05-2006, 01:04 PM
WTF is wrong with Scientology?

Do you have a problem with the fact that an intergalactic octopus destroyed your soul trega-squillion years ago by flying it in a DC-8 to a Volcano, thus creating a chain of spiritual suffering that can only be broken by forwarding all your money to limp-wristed shopping-channel type people in California?

hasselbrad
18-05-2006, 02:24 PM

Do you have a problem with the fact that an intergalactic octopus destroyed your soul trega-squillion years ago by flying it in a DC-8 to a Volcano, thus creating a chain of spiritual suffering that can only be broken by forwarding all your money to limp-wristed shopping-channel type people in California?

Clearwater. Their home-base is in Clearwater, FL...which is right across the bay from Tampa.
Downtown Clearwater is like a wierdo anthill.

kingdumbass
19-05-2006, 05:26 AM
By the way, the Kabbalah rumor is spreading....
I just spotted it on several of the lower-quality celeb gossip sites. It seems as though it originated with WENN News, which handles celebrity gossip for the IMDB.

BrunoJA
19-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Well, it's like Paul said...

This is something she'll either have to deny or confirm.

Hazzle
20-05-2006, 12:50 AM

Nope. Makes perfect sense to me.

Personally I'm a Barringtonologist. Now THAT is a religion.

Gallopin' Gaucho
09-06-2006, 05:08 AM
Oh Solo Mio!

Put on some clown make-up, sing Pagliacci, and get off the stage. :mad:

Digital_Ice
21-06-2006, 01:12 AM
KNIGHTLEY: 'I PREFER LESS VAIN BRITISH MEN'

Movie beauty KEIRA KNIGHTLEY prefers men from her native Britain over those from America, because they are less vain. The PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN star is dating British actor RUPERT FRIEND. She says, "UK guys don't take as much stock in their appearance. "Ask an American guy what his beauty regime is, and he'll tell you. Ask a Brit, and he'll say, 'Er... Guinness?' I like that."

http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/knightley%20i%20prefer%20less%20vain%20british%20m en_1000397

heh Ask a Brit, and he'll say, 'Er... Guinness?', that made me chuckle. lol

Sundance
21-06-2006, 01:31 AM
So I guess she's hinting that Johnny Depp is a metrosexual and Orlando Bloom drinks Guinness...

She really hasn't had all that much contact with American actors or American men in general, has she?... I know. That damn Tom Cruise scared her off.