PDA

View Full Version : How many message boards have you been a part of?

kingdumbass
16-02-2006, 06:35 AM
Ever been a key member of a message board community in the past?
You know, one of those members with at least a thousand posts, who checked the board more than one time a day, and even had a sort of friendship with its other key members? But then, for whatever reason, the community sort of died, and you stopped going there?

I was once a huge member of the George Carlin community. It was unique in that it was an absolutely UN-moderated forum -- NOTHING got deleted, or locked. So, of course, we had some interesting weirdos there. Lots of fun...but that very fact led to its downfall. Word got out that anything went on that forum, and too many idiots showed up, ruining the place eventually. It crumbled into chaos.

I dunno, I just find message board politics interesting. I once found a website that was kind of a graveyard of dead message boards. It struck me as morbid and intriguing.

Liam
16-02-2006, 06:46 AM
I used to be part of a great community. It was called Keira Knightley Wavefront.

It was a great place; people were friendly, there was interesting (if sometimes stupid) discussion, there were friendships made.

Unfortunately, something happened to it - 99% of the membership developed some sort of complex or attitude problem, and it fell apart. Its only just scraping itself back together now.

Oh well. What do I care, I have Opeth tickets.

Ardnax
16-02-2006, 06:58 AM
You've got Opeth tickets????? OMG! I want them!!!!!

Anyway, on topic. I'm a member of loads of message boards, I can't remember half of them... And I'm too lazy to write them all here. Most of them are Keira ones though.

Mandy
16-02-2006, 07:40 AM
This one, and a Robyn forum.

And I concur with Liam.

deviljet88
16-02-2006, 07:49 AM
Oh well. What do I care, I have Opeth tickets.

My friend was going to drag me there but the only shows they're doing are 18+.. Damn venue. I'm only on this forum, I'd like to be part of a more active forum but those have ridiculous post times and I can't be screwed spamming it out in trying to make my posts read.

Ranman
16-02-2006, 08:22 AM
Whats the address of the Carlin boards?

hasselbrad
16-02-2006, 12:51 PM
All of them.

Lizzie Bennet
16-02-2006, 01:04 PM
I am a member of three sites besides another Keira one, a SMG one, and a Jessica Alba one. I am a moderator of one of them with many posts.

EmotionSickness
16-02-2006, 01:04 PM
Three.

Leonie
16-02-2006, 02:00 PM
This one, a Dutch Gilmore girls one that I hardly ever post on, and another English (or rather, American) one Mags introduced me to.

Mags
16-02-2006, 06:33 PM
Hooray for the other one. That's the only other one I post on. I used to be on a Lucky Boys Confusion forum a ridiculously long time ago...like...5 or 6 years.

And I've posted once or twice on the Television Without Pity forums.

Kelsey
16-02-2006, 09:27 PM
One other screenwriting forum.

hasselbrad
16-02-2006, 09:30 PM
One other screenwriting forum.
I haven't been there in ages. :icon_redf

Ranman
16-02-2006, 09:50 PM

Which one? The manbla mesage boards

hasselbrad
16-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Which one? The manbla mesage boards

It's NAMBLA!

:err:

Tabrasa
17-02-2006, 12:04 AM
Hmmm, it all started when I got roped into Co-Sysop'ing the largest Adult BBS (Galacticomm/Major BBS) in the Midwest a long long time ago. Very interesting running a massive 30-phone line BBS ...chuckle... that catered to every non-standard lifestyle group you can think of. Most memorable? Trying to moderate a forum war between the lesbian and gay men... or the swinger groups trying to invite me to their parties (no I never went), but by God they tried.

Numerous Newgroups, then later with the WWW it switched to gaming and sci-fi forums. Ran a few, was a IRCop and mod on for awhile on some interesting but very packed channels, then lost myself completely to gaming. Now I'm more of a hit/miss lurker, with KKW being the only real forum I drive-by anymore.

Tab

Bait
17-02-2006, 02:32 AM
this one, 4 body building forums, paintball forum and a cobra forum (ford svt)

i mostly just post on this one, 1 of the body building ones and the paintball forum

i just like to read the articles posted and read up on chemicals and supplements and if i have a question i'll post. cobra forum i rarely go to since everytime i do i go to the for sale section and find one i really want but i cant get another car until i graduate...i dont see why it cant be an early grad present...
by june all the good ones will be sold :(

Scott
17-02-2006, 02:44 AM
Quit your bitching, most people I know (including myself) payed for their own car.

I am signed up to a lot of forums, but I am just a lurker on most of them.

Timmy
17-02-2006, 08:56 AM
opeth
fantastic when i saw them

i love that band

totally off topic \m/

hasselbrad
17-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Hmmm, it all started when I got roped into Co-Sysop'ing the largest Adult BBS (Galacticomm/Major BBS) in the Midwest a long long time ago. Very interesting running a massive 30-phone line BBS ...chuckle... that catered to every non-standard lifestyle group you can think of. Most memorable? Trying to moderate a forum war between the lesbian and gay men... or the swinger groups trying to invite me to their parties (no I never went), but by God they tried.

Numerous Newgroups, then later with the WWW it switched to gaming and sci-fi forums. Ran a few, was a IRCop and mod on for awhile on some interesting but very packed channels, then lost myself completely to gaming. Now I'm more of a hit/miss lurker, with KKW being the only real forum I drive-by anymore.

Tab

Yeah...I noticed you didn't visit Lazyforums.net (formerly lazyfuck) on your birthday. ;)

As for my actual ones, I frequent the aforementioned lazyforums, moviepoopshoot.com, mainly. I lurk a bit on the screenwriting forum Kelsey told me about. I used to moderate tidefans.com, but got tire of the flame wars. You think this place gets catty? Try refereeing a free-for-all between factions of Alabama football fans after a loss. Other than that, there was a Dazed and Confused fanboard and a few others that I can't remember.
Maybe I need to find an Alzheimer's board.
I'm thinking about joining the cringecomedy board.

Kelsey
17-02-2006, 06:26 PM

Me neither. Well I was there a couple days ago to ask a question, but that was the first time in a looong time. I still love it though.

Tabrasa
18-02-2006, 05:04 AM
Yeah...I noticed you didn't visit Lazyforums.net (formerly lazyfuck) on your birthday. http://www.kkwavefront.org/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif

Actually I just went and signed up, then posted in a few threads for fun.

Tab

gracie
23-02-2006, 11:37 PM
um i think at the most somewhere around 10. probably about 4 or so that i was highly involved in at some point in time, like this one. ive been a moderator of probably 4 or so, administrator of 3- one very successful one. but shit man- got my own problems. its impossible to keep up with message boards forever, eventually something else becomes more important.

ryan
23-02-2006, 11:45 PM
i've been highly involved with about 5.