PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations, Keira!

EmotionSickness
31-01-2006, 12:49 PM
Keira was just nominated for her very first Oscar. She won't win, but this is a huge milestone for this actress that no one believed had any substance. I'm probably one of the only old timers here that still thinks she has some genuine talent. So, fuck the naysayers. She's no Meryl Streep, but she's not just some flash in the pan.

Leonie
31-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Good on her. Pride and Prejudice was awesome, she deserves it. I hope it has finally showed people that she can indeed act. She's not the best actress in the world, no, but she ain't half bad our Keira :icon_bigg

Lizzie Bennet
31-01-2006, 02:39 PM
This is so great. Keira did a wonderful job in Pride and Preejudice and she really deserves this nomination. Hopefully this nomination will win her the respect she deserves as an actress.

marine
31-01-2006, 02:46 PM
We agree on the fact that she's not going to win, but good for her.

jrichars
31-01-2006, 04:23 PM
I think she is actually could pull a win out. The Academy likes to award young actresses like Paltrow for Shakespeare in Love.

marine
31-01-2006, 04:37 PM
I think she is actually could pull a win out. The Academy likes to award young actresses like Paltrow for Shakespeare in Love.

I haven't seen all the movies but from what I understood she's up against pretty strong performances

jrichars
31-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Yes, she does have some tough competition, but she took a classic and put together an amazing performance of her own, that should be rewarded.

Lizzie Bennet
31-01-2006, 05:00 PM
As much as I would like to see her win, chances are Reese Witherspoon (musical/comedy) or Felicity Huffman (drama) will win. They both won Golden Globes in their categories and Reese won the SAG. Keira also has Charlize Therton against her. I personally believe Keira was better and should win.

jrichars
31-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Well at least we get to see her in an amazing dress at the show!

Adam
31-01-2006, 06:04 PM
I don't think she'll win either but it would be fantastic news if she did. Damn that bitch Reese for her beautiful performance - GAH! C'mon Keiraaa.

Ashley
31-01-2006, 06:07 PM
As much as I would like to see her win, chances are Reese Witherspoon (musical/comedy) or Felicity Huffman (drama) will win. They both won Golden Globes in their categories and Reese won the SAG. Keira also has Charlize Therton against her. I personally believe Keira was better and should win.

Congrats to her on her nomination but there's no way that I can see her beating out Witherspoon or Huffman. Witherspoon is my pick.
But congrats regardless, it's a huge accomplishment just to be put in the same catagory as Judi Dench, Felicity Huffman, Reese Witherspoon, and Charlize Theron.

EmotionSickness
31-01-2006, 06:11 PM
Reese had this one locked long ago.

Mags
31-01-2006, 06:17 PM
I have nothing but love for Reese, who I want to win every award possible for Walk The Line.

Huge congrats to Keira though.

peach
31-01-2006, 09:22 PM
That's wonderful. Hmm I think Reese will win it she's got some amazing reviews. I would still like Keira to win, she deserves it. What is Felicity Huffman nominated for?

jrichars
31-01-2006, 09:31 PM
Lets start a massive web campaign to get Keira that Oscar!

rick_says
31-01-2006, 09:52 PM
:fencing: Reese is goin' DOWN! Just Kidding. Get ready to look not so surprised, Reese, when you lose! Remember, they always pan over to all the losers when they anounce the winner. That's my favorite part, the shock of losing. You can see the egos burst into flames and deflate, it's great. Who cares? At least Padme's decoy finally gets a nod. Now all the box covers can say, "Oscar Nominated so and so." Everyone on the Oscar voting list should also vote for the Star Wars make up department who once made all the princess' look real pretty. Trisha Biggar didn't get a nod this year, but we're all on the same team anyway. Sigh. Maybe next trilogy.
~r
http://rick-says.livejournal.com/178401.html?view=151521#t151521
:icon_popc

Ranman
01-02-2006, 12:42 AM
I think Keira has a real chance. The Oscars love surprises.
And there have been bigger upsets.

Rob The BLack Douglas
01-02-2006, 02:53 AM
While Keira is a long shot, the academy can be very fickle and you never know, I will definately be watching and not just to see how stunning she looks on the red carpet :D

KeiraDame
01-02-2006, 03:29 AM
Hey-ey, Keira, congratulations, honey!!!

I'm so excited about this! I haven't posted here in ages but I'm really glad for Keira. I know, she won't win, but this is a major step for her. Good luck and can't wait to see her on the red carpet.

Ashley
01-02-2006, 04:25 AM
What is Felicity Huffman nominated for?

Transamerica. She's the only one I could see beating out Reese, and that's just off of what I've heard. I haven't seen the movie but the fact that she's a woman playing a man becoming a woman takes mucho talent.

peach
01-02-2006, 02:46 PM
I saw a clip from it when she was on Letterman. She must have put a lot of effort to it.

fandekeira
11-02-2006, 11:30 AM
maybe sh'll win even if reese has allready won the golden globe!
keira really deserves it!

keira u ar the best!